Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,851 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them (20675 Views)

Sold...Sold...Mercedes Benz / Do You Have Any Accidented Cars? We Can Buy Them! / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before Paying For Them-episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Benison338: 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lekky 2: @ Gafaar. I quite agree with your response.I don't think i have all the time to be arguing on the internet because like you said i am more than N2m.That is why i hardly talk on NL
But for those that were clamouring that i return the car and have my money refunded, they should not forget the fact that i still need to fix the car in order for it to be driven back to point of purchase or am i going to tow it from ibadan back to Lagos and even if i do, is Damola ready to take it back from me in that condition.
Meanwhile the seller who initially was hell bent on making refund one month after delivery has again changed it to 2 weeks.You all can see the inconsistency in his statement.
Lawyer or no lawyer, what makes one believe that this kind of person who sold an accidented car as non-accidented can not do worst things greater than that.At least, "first impression they say last longer"
Having read post from both parties, I want to ask, how are we sure the temp indicator on the dashboard was working after the accident? To me it seem a lot of things were not working. Damola, u keep using swear words when its Alhaji that ought to do so and so far he has not, which means ur insincere in this transaction.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by vineyardfarms: 11:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
My advice do not send the vehicle back to that faceless screw driver whom u put your trust only to screw u up. They are the skimmers in these forum. take your loss fix and driver. Re- check the vehicle year to be sure the engine was 2008 and not ---------------- . send the vehicle to reputable workshop. fix it once and for all. Do not return the vehicle. U will loose your money and the vehicle at the end of it all. These set of people are affiliated with courts personnel and the Police of come today and come tomorrow. A lesson u will never forget and thanks for sharing.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by AlphaSoul: 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Lekky2:
Beware Of Buying Fraudulent Nigerian Used Vehicles

Hello Nlders, this is to advice interested members who may be interested in buying registered vehicle on NL to be wary of some fraudulent advert.

I want members to learn from my mistake so as not to fall prey to fraudsters.Though i hardly talk on NL, but i had a very bitter experience recently as a result of my foolishness arising as a result of trust i had on a Nlder.

I happen to be the buyer of the wine coloured 2008 RAV4 advertised by Damola1. When I saw the pics he posted, I was interested and negotiated the car to N2m from his asking price of N2.250m which he agreed. After then, I asked of the condition of the engine or any fixes to be done on the car after purchase since I am resident in Abuja. He told me the car is in a perfct condition and that there are no fixes to be made. He stated his reason for selling the car as wishing to acquire another car. Bur because of my tight schedule and eagerness to buy the car, I foolishly made a deposit of 500k to his gtb coporate acct without inspection on a Tuesday morning. Reason for my action was that I relied on the verbal assurance he gave me.

Later on, on the preceeding Friday morning i completed the balance payment of N1.5m into his account after which i sent someone to help me pick the car and bring to Abuja on a saturday morning. But alas!No sooner the guy picked the car and the first thing he noticed was an alignment problem on the tyres which was fixed by the seller in a filling station at Ikeja.Then he entered the Lagos-Ibadan expressway to start journey to Abuja and the car started doing high temperature. A bottle of Radiator coolant and a bag of purewater purchased on the highway would not help matter until the car finally broke down at sapade (A village near Ibadan) loosing it's top cylinder gasket.It was the intervention of passers-by that helped push the car to a local mechanic workshop who diagnosed that the top cylinder gasker is burnt together with one sensor cable. This was fixed, even though it cost me fortune. But the most annoying part was that when the top cylinder was removed, it was discovered that the car was accidented as it has weldings on it's chasis frame as seen in the attached pictures.

The engine has been finally coupled, but the car still refuses to start and as at the time of writing this report, it is still at sapade.The person whom i contracted to bring it got frustrated today when all effores gerared at getting the vehicle started proved abortive and had to leave back for Abuja tonight saying he can no longer continue to stay in the bush as this is posing a security threat to his life.

I know i had to pay a big price for my fooloishness for not inspecting the car, but then, does it mean one can no longer trust his fellow country men on cars adverised on NL?

When all these problems were relayed back to the seller, all he could told me was to return the car back to him in the same condition with which it was sold to me and that he will issue me a posdated cheque which i am going to cash one month after i had deliver the vehicle back to him.

Once bitten they say twice shy, i think i had learnt my lessons in a very hard way and would want fellow Nlders to take a cue from it.

This is not the first time i will be buying a vehicle un-ispected as i had bought a 2003 Highlander from US via a dealer in lagos before.
Your comments on this issue are welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Just In Black 2016 Merecedes Benz GLC300 4matic Selling @32.5m ABJ / A Nigerian Used 2000 Model Toyota Corolla For Sale.....400K / Brand New Toyota Hiace Buses In Large Quantity For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.