Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them (20343 Views)

Sold...Sold...Mercedes Benz / Do You Have Any Accidented Cars? We Can Buy Them! / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before Paying For Them-episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by tonididdy(m): 10:09pm On May 17, 2012
well...lets not cry over spilled milk.i just tot of a carpenter in my area who tried using a screw driver to put holes on glass(he ended up buying three more glasses after he had crashed three same glasse)...this buyer is definetley a money miss road.forgive me but in a country like nigeria...u do that...then u fucking up
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by tonididdy(m): 10:13pm On May 17, 2012
well...lets not cry over spilled milk.i just tot of a carpenter in my area who tried using a screw driver to put holes on glass(he ended up buying three more glasses after he had crashed three same glasse)...this buyer is definetley a money miss road.forgive me but in a country like nigeria...u do that...then u f**king up
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by kaykad: 11:16pm On May 17, 2012
eni iwafa wa ofo...if u look for cheap thins you get bad product
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by nas00(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2012
Having assessed the situation, IMHO, Damola1 is a damn fraudster.
You guys need to realize that fraudsters, in nigeria, are becoming rather confrontational in their manner of operation. They will swindle you and continue to try and pat you on the back afterwards (As against running into hiding, in those days). It is the latest trend, so I don't subscribe to the fact that Damola isn't a 419 guy simply because he has commented on this issue on NL. 419 get levelz.

That said, IF Damola really wants to refund the Alhaji, he would not be saying things like "return d car d way I gave u" (that's technically impossible, and Damola knows it. It is a very controversial remark), knowing fully well that even if d Alhaji fixes d engine and returns d car, Damola will then sell the car even for a price higher than 2M (since a maga had already put his bad engine in order). All the gain is for Damola, and all the pain for the buyer.

Anyway, truth remains: Alhaji no try. We'll all agree he caused all this by not taking the pains to scrutinize himself. BUT that Damola is a CONMAN.

NL dealers, sorry to say, I can never trust any of you for any reason, under any condition. Damola is a case study for all to learn.

I rise!
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Emperoh(m): 9:06am On May 18, 2012
Damola1 is not a dealer. If u won't trust dealers, ur problem but don't use this barometer to judge everyone
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 9:45am On May 18, 2012
I will take vehicle as it's and refund the payment back to the buyer fully if he wants that option. I appreciate the value of what was sold to him. And I am sure others do too. Do advise, and I am sorry for any inconveniences caused. I do not have to be a dealer to appreciate good customer service.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by calculusx(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2012
nas 00: Having assessed the situation, IMHO, Damola1 is a damn fraudster.

NL dealers, sorry to say, I can never trust any of you for any reason, under any condition. Damola is a case study for all to learn.

I rise!

I'm sure you didn't read the whole post where damola1 admitted he isn't a dealer. If you don't buy cars from NL i wonder where you will buy, don't let me start mentioning where they sell lemon cars in Lagos.
Can you ask yourself why majority of the dealers in Lagos are not on NL Auto section? Its not because they don't know if NL exist,its because NL Auto section has educated buyers of the pros and cons to look out for when buying your choice of car and you can always come here to complain or report any dealer if you feel cheated or not well satisfied. I must also admit there are still some dis-honest ones on NL, i can only speak for myself.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 10:40am On May 18, 2012
igbonla:

Demonising indeed!! You are still talking law, doesn't look like you live in Nigeria??

Abeg leave that side, I still know the atypical Nigerian customary jungle justice jaguda way of hiring some godogodo from Ikeja Cantonment and have a few numbers on speed dial myself, but this situation never reach that level yet cool

Emperoh: Chai!
This is when e-commerce take a swipe at you. . .

. . . That aside, i am very surprised to note that no dealer has come here to defend our integrity
Seriously, Damola is not a seller so why are we always the first direction of punts for any deal gone sour?
We have a list of registered dealers and if u deal with anyone of us and don't get satisfaction or something of this nature goes wrong,
he or she can be black-listed. So i am worried that people still think some of us are 'thieves'.
E-commerce is the new direction of business and i can't imagine a thriving industry without trust.

Nairaland has been able to create a platform for some of us. When we accuse dealers of fraud, this is the most secure place
from my experience that you can at least talk of some form of security for transactions
. How many road side dealers disclose information as much we do?
Do they even know the things u ask of? If you don't buy cars here, where will u buy them from with security? Off Nairaland? Are u sure of what you are buying?
If anything goes wrong, can u hold such a dealer to ransom to pay? The truth is that their is little or no damage to do to any offline dealer or roadside seller to hurt his business.

But any dealer here on Nairaland has a name to lose, business as well. I have met buyers here and i have sold stuff to people here. If u do however decide to do it offline, i make bold to say that you are more at risk of scam than here. The list of dealers that was drawn up was to provide some form of security to buyers. If you go outside it, you're exposing yourself. The issue between Damola and Alhaji Lekky is to be expected from time to time and not a pre-meditated desire to defraud. The same brush should also not be used to taint other dealers.

A word is enough for the wise!
These are my humble opinion.

Howdy homie, longest time no see, pray tell where the thread of lists of credible NL Dealers is?

I see one such fancy thread full of hot air and baloney stickied on the front page. . .because from where I am sitting (which is a vantage point bearing in mind that it is the most cushy room in yabaleft) I have turned the thread inside out and upside down, yet cannot pinpoint "one" form of protection/fallback/recourse for buyers from the Dealers oh. . . But then being someone of great faith, I would like to believe the months-old-mediocre-thread is still a work-in-progress just as Rome was not built in one day. . . cool
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 10:58am On May 18, 2012
Dear All,I appreciated all your contribution,efforts and concern on this issue.Infact those who are blaming me for my action are correct as i had initally admitted that i acted stupidly and for those who are in support of my action, they are not wrong either. At least the last SUV i bought from US was not inspected too as i didnt have to go to US and dont even know which part of US it was brought from. I have never been to US before except coming August when i will be going on an official assignement. I know those who buy imported used cars from US never go there too. But my belief is that whatever is good for the geese should equally be good for the gander.If they can operate biz that way over there and thousands of people are dieing daily to buy their used car, why can't the same happen here for our used cars too.
Be that as it may, i want to say here categorically that Damola has written me a mail which i just replied telling me his stand on having the vehicle back the way it is currently, although not mentioning his repayment plan,but i also tell him that i will stand by Inspired motors advice, since his comment on the advert doubled my confidence in the transaction initially. I had told him the few expenses incureed on the car so far and it's present location in my mechanic workshop close to my house in Ibadan.
I have equally advice him in my mail to him that i will appreciate if whatever compromises we are going to settle for, can be relayed back on this thread for people to see and advice accordingly, since the issue had generated a lot of arguement on this thread. The simple reason i gave is that i wouldn't want a hide and seek game again.
"Once bitten they say, twice shy" i repeat.
Comments, advice and opinion are welcome.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 11:07am On May 18, 2012
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by gentlegg(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2012
HAVING GONE THROUGH THE 1ST PAGE OF THIS POST, I WANT TO STATE CATEGORICALLY THAT DAMOLA1 IS VERY FAR FROM BEING A FRAUDSTER. HEY, I DON'T KNOW DAMOLA1 FROM ADAM, DAMOLA1 DOESN'T KNOW, AM NOT A CAR DEALER, I DON'T STAY IN LAGOS ETC. I ONLY ACCESSED THE WHOLE STORY FROM THE BUYER TO THE SELLER. IT PAINS ME TO SEE PEOPLE HERE LABELING DAMOLA1 A FRAUDSTER, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE THIS DAMOLA1 GUY RECEIVED N2,000,000 FROM SOMEBODY HE HAS NEVER SEEN AND STILL DIDN'T PLAY ANY SMART WITH THE MONEY. HOW MANY OF YOU CALLING DAMOLA1 A FRAUDSTER WILL RECEIVE SUCH AMOUNT FROM A STRANGER, WITHOUT DISAPPEARING OR CUTTING OFF COMMUNICATION WITH THE BUYER? HE WENT AHEAD AND DELIVERED THE SAID CAR. THIS ALONE IS COMMENDABLE.

CONCERNING THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AND THE GASKET BEING BURNT, THAT DRIVER THAT PICKED THE CAR IS CAPITAL FOOOOOOOOL. HOW ON EARTH DID YOU SEE TEMPERATURE OF A NEWLY PURCHASED CAR RISING AND CONTINUE DRIVING IT. OH MY GOD, THAT GUY IS A FOOL. INFACT THE DRIVER SHOULD TAKE 90% BLAME. IF THE CAR IS NOT FAULTY, WHY DID IT OVERHEAT? I KNOW THAT'S THE QUESTION, BUT LISTEN WITH MY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT AUTOMOBILES, A CAR CAN DEVELOP FAULT ANYTIME, ANYWHERE WITHOUT A PRIOR SIGN AT ALL. I BOUGHT MY PRESENT CAR FROM NAIRALAND HERE (HONDA LEGEND, SOME PEOPLE HERE MIGHT REMEMBER ME) I STARTED HAVING TEMPERATURE PROBLEM WITH THE CAR SHORTLY AFTER I BOUGHT IT, INFACT IT WAS EVEN MORE COMPLEX BECAUSE THE TEMPERATURE INCREASES ONLY WHEN I SPEED ABOUT 120KMPH AND ABOVE BUT WHEN ON 70-80KMPH TEMPERATURES COMES BACK TO NORMAL. I WAS VERY CAREFUL WITH THE SPEED AND TEMPERATURE ALL THE WHILE TILL I SOON GOT A MECHANIC THAT TRACED THE VERY LITTLE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM AND IN LESS THAN 10MINS THE GUY FIXED THE PROBLEM AND AM STILL GROOVING WITH MY LEGEND, I DIDN'T EVEN COMPLAIN TO ANYBODY. I'VE HEARD CASES OF NEWLY IMPORTED VEHICLES BEING DRIVEN DOWN TO EAST FROM LAGOS AND THE TOP GASKET GOT BURNT ON THE WAY. SO I DON'T SEE ANYTHING FRAUDULENT WITH HIGH TEMPERATURE CASE.

@ THE BUYER, PLEASE FIND A GOOD MECHANIC (NOT THOSE HUNGRY QUACKS I SAW IN THE PICTURES) TO TRACE THE HIGH TEMPERATURE CAUSE AND SOLVE IT, CHANGING THE TOP GASKET IS NOT THE SOLUTION.I BET YOU, YOU WILL ENJOY THE CAR.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by rollyfemmy: 11:42am On May 18, 2012
pele!!!!!!At least you have learn your lessons..when you did the first payment..you should send someone down to inspect first before buying...My advise is, if you have purchase a car from a person that was honest before..then you can build a relationship with that person for future purposes, like in this case..you can plead with the person to help you to inspect first before paying and deposit (knowing that the person is a trusted fellow)....I am a dealer,Most of people that has bought car from me in the past..calls me for those kind of assistance..
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Emperoh(m): 2:27pm On May 18, 2012
Damola1, Lekky, u guys have shown respect and reputation expected of mature men
I have never doubted that with common sense and a feel of empathy, we can always amicably resolve issues like this.
It is only money and not life. I am daily checking this thread to see to the amicable resolution of this issue.
God bless you two. I trust that whenever this vehicle is resurrected, Lekky will still buy this car.

For those not trusting deals on Nairaland, let me know how many of u will get such a refund or complaint desk for off Nairaland deals
Dealers here at least have a face for those who want to see them. Nothing is hidden and we have championed the cause of educating buyers
so that even if u don't buy here, u can use your wealth of knowledge to negotiate deals off here.

Busy_body:
Howdy homie, longest time no see, pray tell where the thread of lists of credible NL Dealers is?

I see one such fancy thread full of hot air and baloney stickied on the front page. . .because from where I am sitting (which is a vantage point bearing in mind that it is the most cushy room in yabaleft) I have turned the thread inside out and upside down, yet cannot pinpoint "one" form of protection/fallback/recourse for buyers from the Dealers oh. . . But then being someone of great faith, I would like to believe the months-old-mediocre-thread is still a work-in-progress just as Rome was not built in one day. . . cool

Babie me!!! it's been a while!
I trust u have been seeing this world through a sepia painted glass. Nice one.
Now, can u give me just a moment of that ur vantage position and hey, leave ur witty head behind
How many dealers will reveal your identities including business addy on a public forum.

When German007 had issues here, it was tabled here and at least, resolution started here
Same as when some dude took a swipe at Inspired. Fhemmy had same issues as well as me. No where can u get such a rapid response without having to use
ur jagbojago judge or Ikeja cantonment settlement center.

Nairaland gives u some form of security better than any roadside dealer believe it or not!
Don't worry, we will always reach a compromise in our usual way wink kiss
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by zalight(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2012
Arysexy: to those telling alhaji to return the car and get his money, didnt u read d condition the seller is giving? he should return the car the way it was and wait when the car is sold, that means alhaji will have to spend to fix the car by almost changing the engine, so y return it after spending so much to put the car in order?

The seller is not truthful, for those blaming the driver, he said about 7 lights abnormally On and alhaji told him those are minor things dat can be fixed, dat myt as well be why he ignored or did not take serious the thermometer indicator cause d dashbord lyts are abnormal.

Lesson: Never trust no body even ur mother! i av intention of buying a car from NL but i think i will change my plan, its not the same sweet mouth they use to sell that they will use for u when kasala burst.

May God bless you for this post....the truth of the matter is the seller is a criminal and he is just trying to paint himself good on this forum to keep his cheating business alive.instead of being remorse the seller is actually indirectly threatening the Op.My advice to the op is do not believe some of the response you are getting here some might just be from the sellers friends.
Accept the loss you have already incur and will still incur, fix the car but don't ever think of returning the car because even after the seller have sold the car he will want to invest the money on another business instead of refunding your money immediately.Nest time you want to buy a car buy from well establish names:there is a reason their name is established.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 3:05pm On May 18, 2012
Lekky 2: Dear All,I appreciated all your contribution,efforts and concern on this issue.Infact those who are blaming me for my action are correct as i had initally admitted that i acted stupidly and for those who are in support of my action, they are not wrong either. At least the last SUV i bought from US was not inspected too as i didnt have to go to US and dont even know which part of US it was brought from. I have never been to US before except coming August when i will be going on an official assignement. I know those who buy imported used cars from US never go there too. But my belief is that whatever is good for the geese should equally be good for the gander.If they can operate biz that way over there and thousands of people are dieing daily to buy their used car, why can't the same happen here for our used cars too.
Be that as it may, i want to say here categorically that Damola has written me a mail which i just replied telling me his stand on having the vehicle back the way it is currently, although not mentioning his repayment plan,but i also tell him that i will stand by Inspired motors advice, since his comment on the advert doubled my confidence in the transaction initially. I had told him the few expenses incureed on the car so far and it's present location in my mechanic workshop close to my house in Ibadan.
I have equally advice him in my mail to him that i will appreciate if whatever compromises we are going to settle for, can be relayed back on this thread for people to see and advice accordingly, since the issue had generated a lot of arguement on this thread. The simple reason i gave is that i wouldn't want a hide and seek game again.
"Once bitten they say, twice shy" i repeat.
Comments, advice and opinion are welcome.

Once more, apologies for any inconveniences caused by myself. And from day 1 even without the thread, I have made you an offer and asked you if not comfortable with it, let me know your thoughts. Moving forward, as stated by the Oracle below:

Be that as it may I would Suggest The BUYER and SELLER Agree on a Mutual Agreement as to Resolving the Issue, In Actual fact, I would Suggest that Damola1 TAKE UP THE FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF FIXING the Vehicle back to a Good and Drivable State AT NO FINANCIAL COST to Alhaji Lekky2 so as to Compensate him for the TRUST he Reposed in you and For the Stress and Inconveniences Incurred.
Inspired
I agree to fixing the vehicle to a good and drivable state. I canceled my trip, and alerted my own mechanic since 2 days ago. If you could be so kind to have it delivered back, it'll be fixed, and if you so wish, I would have a more capable hand deliver it to you in Abuja at no extra cost, even though, I am very well aware I am been held liable for the irresponsibility of your driver.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 3:28pm On May 18, 2012
zalight:

May God bless you for this post....the truth of the matter is the seller is a criminal and he is just trying to paint himself good on this forum to keep his cheating business alive.instead of being remorse the seller is actually indirectly threatening the Op.My advice to the op is do not believe some of the response you are getting here some might just be from the sellers friends.
Accept the loss you have already incur and will still incur, fix the car but don't ever think of returning the car because even after the seller have sold the car he will want to invest the money on another business instead of refunding your money immediately.Nest time you want to buy a car buy from well establish names:there is a reason their name is established.

I have no business selling cars here, at least not yet! This is a personal car, used by myself and sold to someone else, so really, you got nothing on me, but customer satisfaction even at a loss is a priority at all the times, no exceptions. Secondly, will be cool for you to be in a position where you are been held responsible for someone else' irresponsibility. I would have easily sold the car immediately if it's retrieved back to anyone. I put this car online by Friday, and on Monday it's closed. Even if the car was dead!... Even if it's not moving... I would still sell for at least 1.8M.. so pleassssssseee..
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2012
The Air is cleared and I think important lessons have been learned by the audience and the parties involved. I commend the OP for bring this up and the seller for being dignified enough to respectfully come online and make a defense. Not many Nigerians will do that, once the sale is done and cash as exchanged hands, you are on your own (OYO). there is no refund at all. let us all close this issue some bottles of Star Lager Beer - afterall it is FRIDAY!!! grin grin grin
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 4:50pm On May 18, 2012
Emperoh:

Babie me!!! it's been a while!
I trust u have been seeing this world through a sepia painted glass. Nice one.
Now, can u give me just a moment of that ur vantage position and hey, leave ur witty head behind
How many dealers will reveal your identities including business addy on a public forum.

When German007 had issues here, it was tabled here and at least, resolution started here
Same as when some dude took a swipe at Inspired. Fhemmy had same issues as well as me. No where can u get such a rapid response without having to use
ur jagbojago judge or Ikeja cantonment settlement center.

Nairaland gives u some form of security better than any roadside dealer believe it or not!
Don't worry, we will always reach a compromise in our usual way wink kiss

Hey snugglebunny, you got me there, I give it to you and have to agree with you that there is no better form of security and rapid response elsewhere. But I am sure that that is only because you mandated me to leave my head containing 25% of my brain at home angry tongue cheesy

But is that enough though? Shouldn't there be at least some sorta heavyhanded retributive justice meted out to the potential errant culprit instead of the many discaimers I could see on the said thread again seen upside down from my vantage position cool

And seeing that every time ish like this happens, y'all unfairly get lumped together. So in lieu of what someone posted about the possibility of paying just N5000 naira to have an already registered vehicle de-registered and be re-introduced into the market as a Tokunbo car, why not "for starters" make it compulsory to list the VIN numbers of ALL cars advertised on NL! And I am pretty sure their are other ideas people have up their sleeves too.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 4:53pm On May 18, 2012
Dear All, after using Toyota diagnostic machine on the car at Ibadan yesterday which advices 3 sensors to be changed and had been done today.The vehicle is about to be started again, if it starts, then Damola should be ready to refund me cost of repair as advised by Inspired_m.
But if it refuses to start, then i am going to hands-off. Then Damola should be prepared to send his mechanic to Ibadan to get the car started. I will send the address of the location of the vehicle in Ibadan to him since it might cost fortune to tow the car back to Lagos.
This is my stand for now. I await Damola's response on this as i promise to send the update shortly.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Busybody2(f): 5:07pm On May 18, 2012
^^^

[size=14pt]
damola1: I will take vehicle as it's and refund the payment back to the buyer fully if he wants that option. I appreciate the value of what was sold to him. And I am sure others do too. Do advise, and I am sorry for any inconveniences caused. I do not have to be a dealer to appreciate good customer service.
[/size]

Posted by Damola1 @ 9.45am this morning cool cool cool

- - -Message delivered by members of the Rapid Response Team in the Autosection cool
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 5:15pm On May 18, 2012
Lekky 2: Dear All, after using Toyota diagnostic machine on the car at Ibadan yesterday which advices 3 sensors to be changed and had been done today.The vehicle is about to be started again, if it starts, then Damola should be ready to refund me cost of repair as advised by Inspired_m.
But if it refuses to start, then i am going to hands-off. Then Damola should be prepared to send his mechanic to Ibadan to get the car started. I will send the address of the location of the vehicle in Ibadan to him since it might cost fortune to tow the car back to Lagos.
This is my stand for now. I await Damola's response on this as i promise to send the update shortly.

Keep me posted.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 9:00pm On May 18, 2012
Dear All,
This is to inform you all that after changing the 3 sensors as adviced the Diagnostic machine, the car still refuses to start and when diagonised with the machine again, it advice that the "cylinder wire" be checked.
Dear Damola 1, FYI. Your input is being awaited at this stage.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 10:32pm On May 18, 2012
Lekky 2: Dear All, after using Toyota diagnostic machine on the car at Ibadan yesterday which advices 3 sensors to be changed and had been done today.The vehicle is about to be started again, if it starts, then Damola should be ready to refund me cost of repair as advised by Inspired_m.
But if it refuses to start, then i am going to hands-off. Then Damola should be prepared to send his mechanic to Ibadan to get the car started.
I will send the address of the location of the vehicle in Ibadan
to him since it might cost fortune to tow the car back to Lagos.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by inspiredm(m): 11:56pm On May 18, 2012
Alhaji Lekky 2, Thanks for the Update and Thanks for Taking My Suggestion as regards Resolving this Matter, I am Humbled.

This is the very Good Reason Nairaland Autos Section is a Good Place to Buy Vehicles, When Issues Go Wrong, Buyers can come back to Complain to the "Nairaland Court" and we can resolve Matters amicably and/or Pursue it to a Logical Conclusion.

I want to assure you that All Will End Well.

I also Wish to Thank Damola1 for Taking my humble advice as a resolution to this Matter thus making the Buyer Happy at the End, In Business We Lose Some, We Gain Some, Also We Learn Everyday.

If at any point you need my Assistance Either In Getting a Good Mechanic To Fix this Car Or Any Advice Whatsoever as regards this matter, I will humbly Oblige.

Thanks and God Bless.

Inspired.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by deda(m): 12:04am On May 19, 2012
calculusx:

I'm sure you didn't read the whole post where damola1 admitted he isn't a dealer. If you don't buy cars from NL i wonder where you will buy, don't let me start mentioning where they sell lemon cars in Lagos.
Can you ask yourself why majority of the dealers in Lagos are not on NL Auto section? Its not because they don't know if NL exist,its because NL Auto section has educated buyers of the pros and cons to look out for when buying your choice of car and you can always come here to complain or report any dealer if you feel cheated or not well satisfied. I must also admit there are still some dis-honest ones on NL, i can only speak for myself.

calculux, i ve always obsevered dat u are always on the defence wen pple raise topics thhat might affect auto dealers. instead of minding ur own biz and vouch for ursef u come here to defend pple like VOLTRON. let me advise that u are doin ursef more harm than good. i wish all car dealers on this forum should respond to criticism objectively.

i rest my case
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by calculusx(m): 5:50am On May 19, 2012
deda:

calculux, i ve always obsevered dat u are always on the defence wen pple raise topics thhat might affect auto dealers. instead of minding ur own biz and vouch for ursef u come here to defend pple like VOLTRON. let me advise that u are doin ursef more harm than good. i wish all car dealers on this forum should respond to criticism objectively.

i rest my case

Calculusx: When a deal is too good to be true, then its probably is. I'm not a lawyer nor a judge and can't judge in this case but sellers owe buyers a duty by disclosing the condition of what they are buying before making payment. When i sell a salvage car, i disclose it by not only showing carfax report, i also show pre-purchase pictures. We must also admit majority of Nigerians don't believe in the truth, if you tell them the truth, they shy away from it.

@ OP, you have treated the matter with maturity and i salute your courage. May Allah pay you back the lost

Calculusx: YES...if the accident is minimal and the dealer disclosed it, some people who appreciates your transparency will still buy. examples below

https://www.nairaland.com/938881/tin-can-cleared-2000-toyota-camry

https://www.nairaland.com/898956/2-units-2003-honda-accord..tin-can

https://www.nairaland.com/811244/know-what-you-buying-pre-purchase

https://www.nairaland.com/768118/tin-can-cleared-2001-toyota-camry/2 page 2 and 3

Calculusx: I'm sure you didn't read the whole post where damola1 admitted he isn't a dealer. If you don't buy cars from NL i wonder where you will buy, don't let me start mentioning where they sell lemon cars in Lagos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pls let us take our time to look before we leap, read and understand before we make comments to any thread. From my 3 inputs above to this thread, have i taken sides of anyone? Who have i defended like Voltron? No translator is needed to understand my response. Inspired was accused just for his little input when the car was advertised. Anyway, thank you for you advise, i will always sit on the wall watching.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by calculusx(m): 6:01am On May 19, 2012
deda:

i rest my case

Now, i understand why you attacked me grin grin from your thread below. If you happen to buy a lemon registered car on NL too and you are not satisfied, please feel free to lodge a complain or report the dealer in question. That's the beauty of buying from NL Auto Section.

https://www.nairaland.com/932950/ur-xperience-after-buyin-reg
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 8:02am On May 19, 2012
Dear All,
Firstly i want to say a big thank you to you all and especially Inspired motor for your contributions so far on this issue.
Meanwhile at this junction, Damola 1(being the seller)should send his mechanic to Ibadan to go and have a look at the car or better still liases with Inspired motor to get a good mechanic from him to go and have a look at the car and get it back in a good working condition.
The name of the mechanic is: Tunde Idowu and his mobile no is 08032318862.
I await your response on this to determine next line of action.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 12:13am On May 20, 2012
DRIVER STORY; “The Naked Truth is better than the best dressed lies”

Dear Nairalanders,
I am appealing to fellow Nairalanders to run through my posts since I joined this forum and you would see that faithfulness and truthfulness is my philosophy in life. This reply is coming late due to the fact that I have been sick since I came back to Abuja four days back due to the big whitlow on my right hand. Here is the truth and nothing but the truth on the Rav4 sold by Damola1 to Lekky2.

I and Alhaji Kamoru (Lekky2) worked in the same NGO in Abuja. I used my part time in a partnership with one of our director to run an Auto Business; my car stand is located beside GTB, Area 3, Garki. I recommend our current clearing agent (Accl 200); whom I met on Nairaland to my partner and it has been nice doing business on Nairaland. Please note, I used my weekends to bring our cars from Tincan to Abuja and I am in charge of marketing and sales. I introduced Alhaji (my supervisor) to Nairaland two years back. And so far so good, I have assisted Alhaji to sell three of his cars (Highlander, Toyota and Rav4).

Please note, it was after Alhaji had paid the first payment (N500, 000) that he consulted me to assist him to bring the said car (2008 Rav4) from Lagos to Abuja. And as I am presently on annual leave I promised to assist him last Friday 11th May; same day the balance (N1, 500,000) was paid to Damola GTB Account. I prepared the legal document for the transfer and I told Damola on Alhaji’s phone that the “deed of sales” is to be paid by the seller that I charges N50, 000 for the stamped document, though Damola promised that when I come to Lagos we shall negotiate. I told Damola that I would enter night bus to Lagos same day and that he should bring the car to Berger on Saturday morning and he agreed, as I don’t have other things doing inside Lagos as this has been my practice with our agent (Accl 200). I called Damola when our bus got to Ibadan and I told him that by 7am I would have reach Berger and he said no problem. I got to Berger by 7am but was surprised that Damola was no where to be found. I called Alhaji and he promised to call Damola to find out why? Alhaji called me back that Damola said he cannot bring the car to Berger as agreed that I should come to Ikeja.

Though I was not happy but Alhaji appealed with me to meet Damola at the above address. I took bike to Ikeja inside the rain and was surprised that it took Damola 45 minutes after I got to the address before he finally show up with the car with a friend of his. And immediately the dead of sales were signed at exactly 9.25am on Saturday 12th May. As I went through the document I discovered that the last vehicle license was missing and I told Damola that without the document I cannot drive the car to Abuja. Damola responded that his priority in life is “to make money not to disturb himself with vehicle particulars, that his driver is the one driving the car” So this warrants us going to Damola’s House to check the document. Please note Damola was driving while his friend was by his side and I was seated at the back seat as we were going I noticed seven lights (check engine, airbag, abs, fuel, vcr?, bad alignment and one other signal) shows on the dashboard and I observed the driving was not smooth. I told Damola to enter the AP Filling Station closer to his office to do the wheel balancing and alignment. But I received the shock of my life when Damola told the technician that he cannot pay N3,500 for both wheel balancing and alignment that the technician should go ahead with only alignment which cost N1,000. That he had brought a Belgium tire two days ago plus
N1, 000 alignments is the highest cost he could bear on that car. As we came down for the alignment I was also shocked to discovered that the VIN of the car could not be view through the left side bottom of the widescreen and I told Damola that “this car is accidented” and Damola responded “Welcome to Nigerian-Used” I called Alhaji immediately that there are seven lights on the dashboard and he asked me to give the phone to Damola. Distinguish Nairaladers, if you see the way Damola talked to Alhaji on phone that he expected Alhaji to come and inspect the car before he paid for it and he (Damola) cannot do more than the Belgium tire and alignment. I told Damola he lied on the advert of the car on nairaland.com and he told me that is business. I could not even ask him money for the deed of sales. From there we went to his house for the missing document and I drove the car for the first time from his house to Lagos Ibadan Express way coming to Abuja.

The seven lights had reduced to six after I brought fuel (fuel light off). And as I was driving along Lagos Ibadan Express way I observed the temperature was at the center, this surprised me as the engine is not V6. I had used two V6 as my personal cars and I know the temperature rises faster to the center and it remains at the center all through whichever journey. So I called Alhaji that the car is doing overheating and he advised I should add radiator coolant which I added and please note, I never put on the AC. As I moved like 15minutes I observed the temperature is rising above average and I packed again to check the fans; which were working. Though the fans look smaller for the engine, which was why I brought a bag of pure water as stand by should in case the radiator need water.

I have my eyes on the temperature all through and immediately I observed the temperature suddenly comes down to zero level and the car is still moving I packed at the next filling station to check what went wrong. A mechanic added water to the radiator and suggested I avoid hold up. For some of us that ply Lagos / Ibadan express way on last Saturday morning we would observed a long holdup as a result of four trailers that had a collision on the way to Ibadan so I followed the old road in other to avoid holdup but suddenly the engine stopped and refuses to start and I had to call people; who assisted me to push the car to the mechanic; who confirm that the top cylinder casket is burnt. I was shocked that a temperature that is a little above average could burn the top cylinder casket this implies the temperature signs on the dashboard is not accurate. I also called Damola and he promised to call me back as soon as he speak to his mechanic and he called back with Damola’s mechanic asking what went wrong and I told him and later promised to get back to me as soon as he settle talk with Damola but they never did.

As soon as the mechanic open the started the work on Sunday, I could not believed my eyes that the last time the engine was repaired by Damola, two nuts were missing right inside the engine and there are lots of other shabby works already done on the vehicle.

Please note, Damola is not worthy to be trusted the below mails said it all.

See copy of the exchanged mails and more pictures……

Damola damola@damola.com

May 14 (5 days ago)

to Kamoru, me
What would you have me do then?

Business for me must be a win win for all parties concerned at all times, that's why I left a career in oil and gas to retail.

The value of the car is well above what you purchased it for. If you've got a better proposition, I will be glad to hear it. I have not cheated you in anyway. I have spent a lot to keep the car in good shape, but if you feel anyway cheated, please return the car, and you'll get a full refund. I have only asked for time to resell and put it up.

You didn't have to ' overhaul ' the engine, since I left it in a perfectly working condition.

I do not need ' your money ' to run my business. I sold you ' my car '. It's that simple.

Thank you.

Damola.

On 14 May 2012 20:37, Kamoru Olalekan <ola4u3@gmail.com> wrote:

Bros,
Thanks for your mail.
But hear urself again.
I should return the car back to you in a good working condition and you will refund my money(which i paid into your acount cash) back to me via a posdated check 1 month after you have gotten your vehicle back.
So what is the meaning of this?
The meaning is simply that after you would have had your vehicle back ina good working condition better than the way i collected it (since i had almost overhaul the engine for you) you will still use my 2 million Naira to run your business and when you are finally done with it, i can now have it back after a month.
This now makes me belief that this is advance fee fraud popularly called "419".
Now that i have known your type of person, it is better we consider this case closed. You may not bother to write me again on this isssue or call me and i wiill not do either.

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Damola <damola@damola.com> wrote:

Thank you for this update.

More people have trusted me, and I can only count a few times I have failed.

And my structure or system cannot accept the complaint you just made. Your trust is not misplaced. I was not afraid for the potential buyer to inspect it. And am sorry if you think I played you. I will now try to fix it.

I am willing to accept the car back in a working condition as it's left, and I will issue you a post dated check ( 1 month from date of delivery) for the exact amount you paid.

I am sorry for inconvenience caused.

Br.

Damola.

Damola damola@damola.com

May 15 (4 days ago)

to me
I have no business with you sir. Please do not communicate with me. You've chosen to insult me.

On 15 May 2012 06:47, <biowande@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Damola,
Though I would not speak for Kamoru on this matter. But remember what I told you when I came down to Lagos from Abuja to freight the car that you are full of deceits.

I drove the car for the first time after the deed of sales had been signed, as you led me out of your estate. I find out that the hands of the car is out of shape and six/seven lights shows on the dashboard. i.e 'check engine' 'malfunction airbag' 'abs' 'vcr' 'passenger seat belt; even as there is no single passenger in the car' 'non alignment; even after your N1,000 paid alignment' and lots more. You sold an accidented vehicle; chassis welded, air bags damaged, head collision, bad steering, damaged head. And that is one of the reason you didn't include the front view pictures until aftermath. And to crown it all you 'forgot' to type accidented in your advert on nairaland.com. When I could not view the VIN through the wide screen I told you to your face that the car is accidented and your response was 'welcome to Nigeria-Used' afterall N2M was already paid to your account two days earlier.

What a flamboyant statement that 'you don't need Kamoru's money to run your business' Must you sold the car after receipt before the N2M that was less than 4 days in your account could be return back to Kamoru. To me, your attitude is nothing but a proud and deceit spoil child. An empty drum that is so full of himself.

Since, I collected the car on saturday, the car never make it to Ibadan. It started overheating right from Berger Lagos, even the radiator coolant and bags of sachet water I brought could not subside the overheating and by the time it got to Redemption camp the temperature had risen to just above average thereafter the engine stopped working. As the mechanic arrived I could not believe my eyes that a car with a major accident of such could be sold for N2M. As 2008 Model you claimed it is the car is nothing but a dumping rubbish. I now know the reason why after we agreed to met at Berger even before I left Abuja on Friday night, you didn't showup at Berger as I finally came down to Ikeja and waited 45 minutes before you finally showup with the car. Though your conscience is dead because if I were you I would never find peace with such cash transaction. And I don't think you would also whether you like it or not. Except you turn a new leaf, nemesis awaits you at a conner. At least you repeatedly said your own priority is 'to make money no matter how' and I told you that you should check my posts on nairaland that faithfulness is my key in business.

Up till now, we have spent N100,000 on the salvage you called a car. And the technician are still working on it maybe in next two days we shall see if I would be fit to enter Ibadan. We have learnt our lessons in a bitter way. Though I begged Kamoru not to expose your deceitfulness on the tread you used to advertised the car on same night you went online to inform nairalanders that the new owner had picked the salvage rubbish. And I also believed you would have rushed to your shrine to thank your god for bringing a 'mumu' like itself to buy the car. Can't imagine you said the value of such accidented rubbish is above N2M? You are nothing but 'omo ti a ko to ti ongbele ti a kota'

Kamoru Olalekan ola4u3@gmail.com
7:51 PM (4 hours ago)

to damola, sales, me

Dear Damola,
It had been concluded and advised that the engine of the car be changed after all efforts to get it started again today proved abortive.
The reason given is that the engine had serious complications and for the car to be back on the road again, a replacement engine is desirable.
He has promised to get me what it will cost me to install a new engine in the car on Monday as he is going to make enquiry from ladipo market in Lagos.
Please note that today marks a week after the car was released to me without getting value for my N2m.So the earlier we get this replacement engine, the better.
At this junction, i will write off all the costs i had incurred so far to ressurrect the engine, which is about 130k in total.
But be ever prepared that this new cost of installing a replacement engine will be borne by two of us 50-50, the cost which i will communicate to you as it gets to me on Monday.At least, two of us are suppose to bear the loss.But mine has been greater
I hope i have been fair enough.
I await ur usual swift response.
I

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 12:24am On May 20, 2012
More pixs

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by nas00(m): 5:36am On May 20, 2012
^^Fellow NLers, from the driver's account given above, which sounds plausible to me, do some of us still think Damola1 is a good and respectable guy?

Well, use your instincts to decide.

I am not surprised at this latest revelation, and I insist Damola1 is a criminal who's had a cynical motive from the word go, as far as this issue is concerned. All he has done is to swindle Lekky, then comes here on NL to start fronting like a person who had good intentions ab-initio.

Not all nigerians are fools like u think, @Damola1. U are the fcking fool, trying to talk smart here. Your end will be tragic and sad except u take full responsibility for the carcas u sold to that unsuspecting man, cos God is watching you on HD.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 7:10am On May 20, 2012
Following the account of the driver of mr kamoru which looked like a very truthful and detailed account I here by propose the motion to the HOUSE that damola1 is a fraud and he should with immediate effect return the 2million naira in full to Mr kamoru preferrably tommorrow monday when the bank opens.Those in support of the motion say YEEE.

DAMN DAMOLA IS A FRAUD SIMPLE. MAKING STATEMENTS LIKE THAT" THATS NIGERIA USED CAR FOR YOU"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2003 Lincoln Navigator - -- Price reduced 2.85M - Free Unlock BlackBerry Phone / 2014 Model Benz E350 4matic Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / Just In Black 2016 Merecedes Benz GLC300 4matic Selling @32.5m ABJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.