Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded (761 Views)

Dele Momodu Denounces His APC Membership,Takes Side Wit Saraki In CCT Trial(Pics / APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by midep: 5:06pm On May 16, 2012
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has thrown its support behind the warning by General Muhammadu Buhari of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

In a statement issued in Osogbo, Osun State, by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the ACN reiterated that the 2011 general elections remain the most systematically-rigged polls in Nigeria's history, irrespective of the so-called endorsement by some visceral foreign election monitors.

It denounced the crude, vitriolic and impudent verbal attack on Gen. Buhari, by the presidency and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), affirming that the warning by the former leader against election rigging in 2015 is timely.

''We hold no brief for anyone,” ACN said. “But it is true that if elections are rigged, as they have been so shamelessly and brazenly done by the PDP since 1999, naturally people will react, and in doing so it is impossible for anyone to predict how far things can go. This is what, in our opinion, Gen. Buhari warned against. If the presidency and the PDP have no intention to rig in 2015, why are they so worried about the consequences of such action?'' it queried.

The party said the statement for which Gen. Buhari is now being mercilessly savaged was nothing but a warning against those who may be planning to rig the 2015 general elections, hence it should not have rankled anyone who believes in free, fair and transparent polls.

It said the viciousness of the seemingly coordinated attacks by the presidency and the PDP raise a lot of concern regarding their plans for the 2015 elections.

''The 2011 elections also left Nigeria divided along ethnic and religious lines, more than at any other time in the history of Nigeria, hence no one should tell us about the polls being the best since Nigeria returned to civil rule, just because some self-acclaimed monitors said so!'' ACN said.

It also expressed serious concern at the growing propensity of the presidency, in particular, to use intemperate language in its response to any statement it perceives to be critical of its principal.

''We have said it before and we will like to repeat it: any statement emanating from the presidency must be presidential through the use of civilised and elevating language, rather than beer parlour and unguarded phrases. This is because such statements are read all over the world, and provide a window into the minds of those overseeing the affairs of state.

''The voice of the presidential spokesman is the voice of his principal, the President. That is why his statements must be sober and guarded, in addition to reflecting deep introspection. The insults heaped on Gen. Buhari, a former Head of State - for merely exercising his right to freedom of speech is totally unacceptable and run against the tenets of decorum and mature political discourse,'' it said.

ACN said, however, that it is not surprised at the response of the PDP, since it is becoming increasingly clear to all that nothing good can come out of a party that has wasted all the opportunities that could have made Nigeria a proud member of the international community in the past 13 years.
Re: ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by kokoA(m): 5:09pm On May 16, 2012
Any right thinking human being should take the general's statement seriously, except those that have clouded their minds with hate for the man. Buhari remains the most truthful Nigerian politician of today.
Re: ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by ektbear: 5:10pm On May 16, 2012
Eh. How can you blindly throw your support behind words that were at best tasteless, and probably dangerous and idiotic?

I strongly disagree with the ACNs position on this.

In any case, wetin concern them about a dispute between CPC and PDP?

1 Like

Re: ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by aljharem(m): 5:12pm On May 16, 2012
Pure rubbish. ACN is a kangaroo party (apart from Oshiomole and Fashola).

How would Lai Mohammed feel if he was the president and some man says that to him ?

If Buhari was the president (I am his great fan) would he appreciate if GEJ said that ? Would he not be arrested ?

Lets be fair here.

All Nigerians are equal regardless of where they are from. I am a yoruba man but I would not stand here and watch people rubbish my president (He is now my president).

I can't remember the same treat of IBB or OBJ so why GEJ. Rig or not, wait till it is closer to the election or when he is out of power before you talk of "Blood".

I know people would insult me but that is the fact here
Re: ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by aljharem(m): 5:14pm On May 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Eh. How can you blindly throw your support behind words that were at best tasteless, and probably dangerous and idiotic?

I strongly disagree with the ACNs position on this.

In any case, wetin concern them about a dispute between CPC and PDP?

Thank you, ACN is just using GEJ to remain relevant. Thanks to Lai Mohammed.

I say again, we should constructively criticise and make suggestions not all this treats and castigating GEJ is receiving.
Re: ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by OAM4J: 5:17pm On May 16, 2012
hmnnnn....

Well the tone of Abati response was very un-presidential, he sounded more like a political tout. I really don't know how low Abati can sink. Can't believe my once revered editor will speak for the presidency such way; ditto his response to Dele Momodu criticism as well.
Re: ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by aljharem(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J: hmnnnn....

Well the tone of Abati response was very un-presidential, he sounded more like a political tout. I really don't know how low Abati can sink. Can't believe my once revered editor will speak for the presidency such way; ditto his response to Dele Momodu criticism as well.

LOL Abati just like many snakes is just doing his job. People should not take someone like that with no principles serious. In fact I rarely read his articles.
Re: ACN Denounces Crude Attacks On Buhari, Says CPC Leader’s Warning Must Be Heeded by Johndoe100(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2012
As I have always maintained the Yoruba are just there to cause trouble. What is the business of ACN, a tribal party in this? Why are we even talking about them? I just watched a program where this Lie guy spent 1 hour talking about how he would have conducted PDP's convention. TVC the ACN television station now makes up the news it broadcasts. If you watch either GEJ has just resigned or some nonsense like that.
It is time PDP went on the offensive, to shut down all these fools once and for all.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Taught Politicians How To Rig Elections - Gov Lamido / The Horrible State Of The Nigerian Healthcare System. / Breaking News! Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.