Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? (14033 Views)

Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. / Nigerian Premier League (NPL) Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Zzyzx92(m): 6:35pm On May 23, 2012
Their names sef dey smehow !! E.g=> kano pillars, lobi stars, enyimba, flying antelope (antelope dey fly?...Smh), bayelsa united..Nd the host of dem...Its just nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by beamed: 6:58pm On May 23, 2012
timpaker: 1. they don't show the replay and when they do, it's very difficult to understand what they're trying to show.
2. they don't have better image quality, (i think someone should introduce HD camera to them)
3. they don't know how to celebrate goal, (someone would score a goal and just frown as if he didn't just put the ball in the net, maybe balloeli is his mentor)
4. the refere are always beating up when a team loses (maybe some Chelsea fans were paid to do so)

the reason goes on and on....

Pls when and where the you watch this matches to corroborate your point on TV ? To the best of my knowledge HD CAMERAS are been deployed to cover this matches. The beauty of the game of football goes beyond TV. Instant replay of not less than 4 angles are always available. I know because I watch regularly. I agree with the rest of your point though but the stadium must be filled as well to complement camera works.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by slimzme: 7:18pm On May 23, 2012
Witi:
In addition you will see referee dancing with the winning team right at the stadium after the match.
I remember watching a match between El-kanemi warriors of Maidugiri
And sharks @ d Maiduguri township stadium,and I wonder haw manage a GOAT
Got into d picth to eat grass,and d foolish ball boy was chasing the GOAT
In d field while d match was still going on

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Carmall(m): 7:54pm On May 23, 2012
slimzme:
lol...
Bt is this possible
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by kemmeye: 7:55pm On May 23, 2012
because obviously its crap
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by tchaik(m): 8:21pm On May 23, 2012
slimzme:
Did u watch blackburn Rovers vs. Wigan? No be Yakubu catch d fowl wey enter pitch?
Pass the mike joor!!
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 23, 2012
My own team is EKITI KETE FOOTBALL CLUB
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by sonyjacobs(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2012
becos e dey spoil my eyes
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 23, 2012
Zzyzx92: Their names sef dey smehow !! E.g=> kano pillars, lobi stars, enyimba, flying antelope (antelope dey fly?...Smh), bayelsa united..Nd the host of dem...Its just nonsense.

lol grin grin
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by femmy2010(m): 8:43pm On May 23, 2012
Maybe cos home teams always win. grin
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Piyke: 8:43pm On May 23, 2012
From my own end, one thing I cannot endure about the NPL is the commentary shocked, lots of shouting and headache angry

If Nigeria is serious about the NPL they should pump money into it; do what south africa did. SA even allowed barclays to manage the league for a while before handing it back to south africans.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Piyke: 8:45pm On May 23, 2012
slimzme:
And sharks @ d Maiduguri township stadium,and I wonder how manage a GOAT

Men I laughed hard with tears in my eyes at the bolded part

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by oc2fish: 9:11pm On May 23, 2012
I remeber the days of Osaro Obabafu the Flash Flamingoes play maker.
I used to treck from Apata to Liberty stadium to watch Henry Nwosu ,Lotis Boaeten.
Samson Ozogula and the likes of Humphery Edobor. I will still watch NPL
if BEAF Gov finish the stadium
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by bones1(m): 9:15pm On May 23, 2012
The answer is simple - the EPL is professionally run by serious minded people who have realised that if football is run properly it can provide entertainment as well as make money.

The EPL has no, repeat NO input from government whatsoever !!! So you have the best brains and entrepreneurs involved in the nurture and management of football and that is why you find investors from all nooks and crannies across the world eager to invest in the EPL.

If the Nigerian premier league is to take its rightful place among the comity of footballing nations then government has to get out of the management of football and leave it to the professionals !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 23, 2012
slimzme:

Thanks for making me laugh my Japanese arss off grin

tchaik:
Did u watch blackburn Rovers vs. Wigan? No be Yakubu catch d fowl wey enter pitch?
Pass the mike joor!!

Roflmao

Now yall better switch to NBA and Laker-on smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 9:48pm On May 23, 2012
slimzme:

El-Kanemi warriors? how many seasons ago was this?
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 9:50pm On May 23, 2012
Piyke: From my own end, one thing I cannot endure about the NPL is the commentary shocked, lots of shouting and headache angry

If Nigeria is serious about the NPL they should pump money into it; do what south africa did. SA even allowed barclays to manage the league for a while before handing it back to south africans.

This is wrong, the commentary is 'superb" and i have enjoyed it since the duo took over for SS.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 9:51pm On May 23, 2012
femmy2010: Maybe cos home teams [b]always [/b]win. grin

Wrong, Dolphins of Port harcourt won 8 times away last season, other clubs have won away too this season.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2012
Zzyzx92: Their names sef dey smehow !! E.g=> kano pillars, lobi stars, enyimba, flying antelope (antelope dey fly?...Smh), bayelsa united..Nd the host of dem...Its just nonsense.

But wolves is not nonsense? liverpool is not silly? Arsenal is not senseless? right?
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On May 23, 2012
4reigningqueen: 1,a referee will sound his whistle for a freekick,within seconds he changes his mind and say its a panalty.
2,bad pitch
[s]3,away win hardly ever occur that is if it does at all[/s].
4,very ugly jerseys
5,lack security

You are partially wrong, just watch the reminder of the league matches to know why i said you're partially wrong.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 10:00pm On May 23, 2012
Sagamite: Because the tv production, the playing, the coaching, the officiating and the administration are all done up to the typical Naija standard: RUBBISH!

The rest are right, SS is doing a great job covering the matches.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by JAMILO2020: 10:19pm On May 23, 2012
WHOSOEVER THAT POSTED THIS HERE SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH TREASON AGAINST NIGERIA.

HOW CAN ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND ENCOURAGE OUR FELLOW NIGERIANS TO WATCH THE RUBBISH THAT IS NIGERIAN FOOTBALL?

WITH ALL THE WONDERFUL TALENTS EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA, CORRUPTION HAS MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR NIGERIA TO DEVELOP A GOLDMINE THAT WE ALREADY HAVE.

THE EPL WAS JUST REORGANIZED AND JAZZED UP TO BECOME A MONEY SPINNING BUSINESS VENTURE ONLY FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, BUT NOW HAS PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD SUPPORTING THE VARIOUS TEAMS IN THE EPL.

UNTIL NIGERIA REORGANIZES ITS LEAGUES AS A BUSINESS CONCERN, NIGERIA HAS NO RIGHT TO EXPECT ITS CITIZENS TO PATRONIZE THE NPL.

INFACT, MOST NIGERIAN WILL RATHER COMMIT SUCIDE THAN WATCH THE RUBBISH CALLED NPL.

IT IS ONE THING TO LOVE YOUR COUNTRY, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT 'MADE-IN-NIGERIA' IS PURE RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Gerrard59(m): 10:39pm On May 23, 2012
Nothing much to say,i will prefer even the psl to npl. Govt has no business in the business of fotbol. When last did london city owned a fotbol team? Re-organize the dam_n league,allow private investors to invest e.t.c. Luk at the investment made by the abu dhabi prince in mancity nd the economic effect on the Uk economy? Btw,hw cn one compare the name arsenal with lobi stars? When the latter has no meaning at all.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by redsun(m): 10:40pm On May 23, 2012
Dem like oyinbo magic of perfection.Fogetting it is all about hard work,dedication,brainwashing(marketing),entertainment,patronage and money making.

It is like somebody that have succulent breast but choose to sulk knuckle hard knots.A case of water water everywhere,but no water to drink.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by redsun(m): 10:53pm On May 23, 2012
I never knew africans are into european football followership the way they are until i began to pay attention to them on this forum.

It somewhat like another form of christianity.Another form of slave mentality and fundamental moral deliquency.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Emmysteve(m): 11:00pm On May 23, 2012
JAMILO2020: WHOSOEVER THAT POSTED THIS HERE SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH TREASON AGAINST NIGERIA.

HOW CAN ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND ENCOURAGE OUR FELLOW NIGERIANS TO WATCH THE RUBBISH THAT IS NIGERIAN FOOTBALL?

WITH ALL THE WONDERFUL TALENTS EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA, CORRUPTION HAS MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR NIGERIA TO DEVELOP A GOLDMINE THAT WE ALREADY HAVE.

THE EPL WAS JUST REORGANIZED AND JAZZED UP TO BECOME A MONEY SPINNING BUSINESS VENTURE ONLY FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, BUT NOW HAS PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD SUPPORTING THE VARIOUS TEAMS IN THE EPL.

UNTIL NIGERIA REORGANIZES ITS LEAGUES AS A BUSINESS CONCERN, NIGERIA HAS NO RIGHT TO EXPECT ITS CITIZENS TO PATRONIZE THE NPL.

INFACT, MOST NIGERIAN WILL RATHER COMMIT SUCIDE THAN WATCH THE RUBBISH CALLED NPL.

IT IS ONE THING TO LOVE YOUR COUNTRY, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT 'MADE-IN-NIGERIA' IS PURE RUBBISH
You deserv to be sent out of this country for this post.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Emmysteve(m): 11:05pm On May 23, 2012
Young man, are you drunk or what? What about wolves? Red devils? Arsenal? Etc See how inferiority complex have done to you.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 23, 2012
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by tchaik(m): 11:36pm On May 23, 2012
Emmysteve: Young man, are you drunk or what? What about wolves? Red devils? Arsenal? Etc See how inferiority complex have done to you.
www.GBAGAUN.com
You wan yab and come leave your yansh open!
Pass the mic joor!
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 23, 2012
How can I go and watch a match were police men will be jubilating after a goal with there gun pointing at the crowd. then when bullet touch me FG go say sorry to my parents.taaaar grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 11:41pm On May 23, 2012
JAMILO2020: WHOSOEVER THAT POSTED THIS HERE SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH TREASON AGAINST NIGERIA.

Is it aliens that's going to make it look good? if Nigerians are not to be encouraged, then who do you expect to make it work? you are contradicting yourself even with all the CAP lock posting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Far Can Senegal Go Without Sadio Mane? / Players To Look Out For In 2017/18 NPFL Season / Cat Video: Kurt Zouma, Brother Charged Under Animal Welfare Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.