Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? (14035 Views)

Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. / Nigerian Premier League (NPL) Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by lbotus(f): 7:11pm On May 24, 2012
Honerico, so because super sport get the sole right to show NPL come mean say na them dey incharge of visuals/camera abi. Abegi I know wetin i see
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by novaman: 7:24pm On May 24, 2012
lbotus: Honerico, so because super sport get the sole right to show NPL come mean say na them dey incharge of visuals/camera abi. Abegi I know wetin i see

in the EPL we have seen cases of crazy goals, even the recent past season we saw a case where the ball did crossed the line yet the goal wasn't given, but after one week we are quick to forget about it because of the power of brand.

I want to know what you think we can do to change the situation not this series of condemnation
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 7:32pm On May 24, 2012
lbotus: Honerico, so because super sport get the sole right to show NPL come mean say na them dey incharge of visuals/camera abi. Abegi I know wetin i see

No other media house can show any live game unless SS, even NTA cant.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Emmysteve(m): 8:40pm On May 24, 2012
honeric01:

No other media house can show any live game unless SS, even NTA cant.
Truth detector self dey lie? Wonderful.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 9:20pm On May 24, 2012
Emmysteve: Truth detector self dey lie? Wonderful.

Please tell us when last you watched a live-Nigerian league game on NTA.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by emenezer(m): 6:03am On May 25, 2012
when d board dnt get it right.u can b sure dat d pitch wunt b in gud .shape.d coverage wil b zero,d officiating always below standard. Winning mentality.hardly can a team win away 4rm home.etc.NOT PLEASANT TO WATCH AT ALL
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by lbotus(f): 10:59am On May 25, 2012
Honerico1, so tell me who is responsible for NPL video coverage? abi super sport they bring their own camera come stadium?
@novaman, NPL should develop the pitch, for Pete's sake it ‎​isn't that difficult.but hey, this is Nigeria where some people takes pride in corruption because they lack integrity.NPL should get quality HD camera, avoid match fixing and the mentality of home team must win by fire by force should stop.
I Want to believe they have rules and regulations which must be strictly adhere to by EVERYONE. whether big or small, rich or poor.
i will gladly watch NPL when i see improvement wink wink grin
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 25, 2012
edey2real: @op, I was very fortunate to watch Enyimba FC vs Kaduna UTD's match last week Sunday live. But what I saw in the match was very appauling.
Enyimba's first goal came from what was supposed to be a fair play. Kaduna UTD's goal keeper was roughly challenged from an aerial ball and on landing, the keeper was still having the ball but he had to throw the ball to throwing when the refree stoped play. But to my suprise, when Enyimba players throw the ball which was supposed to be passed to Kaduna UTD players for Fair play, they actually used it to score and their opponents din't approached them cos they were expecting the ball to be given to them.
This kind of officiating is very terrible and I feel embarassed for watching the match.
This also happened in a champions league final btw Man utd vs Chelsea in moscow, the incident led to Drogba slapping vidic before been red carded
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2012
lbotus: Honerico1, so tell me who is responsible for NPL video coverage? abi super sport they bring their own camera come stadium?

Yes to both questions (SS)
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by lbotus(f): 11:46am On May 25, 2012
Hmm, i can't imagine SS bringing very low quality camera to our stadium.#idontbelieveyou#
Thanks anyways. smiley
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by RSA(m): 11:59am On May 25, 2012
You guys must support your own brand.I have watched NPL from South Africa and I have seen a lot of improvements.
The pitches are getting better,the play is of good standard and coverage is of good quality.All the league need is local support.
In SA locals support their own league ten times more that Europeans.If local clubs are playing on Supersport 4,and EPL on SS3 majority will watch SS4.
Nigeria has talented locally based footballers,just look at how NPL clubs are dominating Africa.If you want your league to grow then just support it,you'll see companies following the masses with money.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by novaman: 1:09pm On May 25, 2012
Do you think getting the best HD cameras to matches will do the magic? no way my brother, a lot of work needs to be done in the area of branding, every other things will then be put in place to further add value. It is easy for people to condemn but those who succeeded did so with the support of their own people, so why condemn your own when you cannot do anything to salvage it; go to Kenya and see the effort the people are putting to make it right, there are primary schools around your locality why not invite some people around you to start up a mini league for kids, that is your little contribution, I am thinking of the same thing in my area, then I will suggest same for my friend in other areas, a lot needs to be fixed starting from you
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by novaman: 1:38pm On May 25, 2012
The major problem with the clubs is simply because they are owned by the state government with some criminals who claim to be administrations or stake holders, but in the individual states we can buy back the clubs from the state government and make it our own.

How to buy back the clubs from the government for the people of the state and residence.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The states should set up committee to help create an interim management team with at least 2 persons representing each of the 3 zones of each state.

The management teams will run the club for the next 3 years, but within the first year they must identify at least all communities and make them an arm of the club and set up supporter base.

Each of the communities will have an experience representative who will sell the ideas of the club to his communities and thereafter encourage them to buy the shares allocated to them in bulk.

The entire shares allocated to the communities within each state must not be less than 51%, then the rest 49% will be sold to investors with each allocation not more than 10%-15%.

The club management will then hire competent person to help develop the club; we can then proceed to have real clubside with massive support from the people who now own them.

Gradually, the board of the NPL will then begin to change because the manner of people who will proceed into offices will then be in accordance with the laws of FIFA, even the NFF/NFA will not be left out.

Some of us reading this have access to some top government persons, you can ask them to read this simple idea to change the phase of sports in the country, in fact I can develop a complete project plan for the development of football and other sports.

We should also remember that since the commencement of the league, no governor have gone to the stadium to watch any match, so why should they be the owner if they cannot watch, we have to get the club back and buy into it.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by toluxe0075: 3:00pm On May 25, 2012
Watch south africa ligue and know the difference...
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 11:31pm On May 25, 2012
lbotus: Hmm, i can't imagine SS bringing very low quality camera to our stadium.#idontbelieveyou#
Thanks anyways. smiley

That's why i said whatever you must have watched might have been from another country's league and not ours. maybe you watched the state's FA cup thinking you were watch an NPL game?
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by dj5naira(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2012
No matter how best Messi is, people don't watch him. No matter how worse our leagues are, people do watch them - Every individual with his/her own personal preferences.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by jmoore(m): 8:21am On May 26, 2012
which tv station airs NPL in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by greall1: 8:31am On May 26, 2012
Inquality of field
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by queensmith: 8:34am On May 26, 2012
slimzme:
I remember watching a match between El-kanemi warriors of Maidugiri
And sharks @ d Maiduguri township stadium,and I wonder haw manage a GOAT
Got into d picth to eat grass,and d foolish ball boy was chasing the GOAT
In d field while d match was still going on

A goat! A goat! Too funnay! a goat! eating grass on the pitch!

@post, how long has the npl been around? It might just need a bit of time to grow, obviously it can't be compared with a system that's been around for years, they've had the time and the funding to garner enough support.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Ninilowo(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2012
Gsmxpert: My team is kano pillars grin grin grin grin
Gbam!
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Ninilowo(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2012
I dont watch it cos it looks like slow motion grin
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Eazeee(m): 9:27am On May 26, 2012
a league wia home teams never lose n even ur national team coaches do dey watch key matches like d english national team coaches do? trash.so its me dat shud b watchin d league 4 dem abi?
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Vergil: 9:49am On May 26, 2012
Op..igbo2011.

U know why now abi?
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by youngies(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2012
My only reason: I can't stand the commentary, what a bore!
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by jamesbaba: 12:16pm On May 26, 2012
Guys, plane and simple, reform is what the league needs now. There are so much huge potientials & even the league still have Economic, socio and ethno-religous integration to countribute to the country.
The Administrators needs to make it happen. We're waiting sha.

Besides, Etisalat is the best thing for now. Just get a 7.5Mbps Modem, and be in a 3G enviroment ure good to go.

A new & interesting twist is that u can browse "FREE" with our toll-bypassing software. The beauty of it is that it will change ur IP to any foreign ip of choice. Give you an unlimited internet & download access.
Why cant you join our world of possibilities with 100%, 24/7,Mobile/Web Support services.

Call/sms Fm: 08066920770 or email: fm4real2k6@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 26, 2012
While I have to commend Supersport for the good job they have done with the Television coverage a lot more needs to be done,in terms of improved coverage and commentry as well as more funding for the league.The EPL was built on improved Tv funding.
Secondly security needs to be improvedbecause no one is going to take his family to watch a match where security is not gauranteed and where you have hoodlums blazing indian hemp in the stadium and waving all kinds of dangerous weapons.It is a known fact that indian hemp is openly sold in almost all our stadiums.For instance you are sitting in the front row of the staium and someone in the upper stands just urinates in a plastic bottle and hurls it at people in the front-crazy men.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Onyenna(m): 1:43pm On May 26, 2012
igbo2011: A lot of people are always watching the EPL and/pr other European league. Why don't people watch the NPL?

If we were to watch the Nigerian Premier League this will make an industry and create jobs in Nigeria. This will develop the economy of Nigeria and boost the GDP. What are your reasons for not watching it? Let' start a movement and tart watching it and going to the games:

Well, travel with your team on an away game and cheer them well.....if your team manages to win that game, then your corpse is going home..... I don't even wanna talk about their one-sided camera(sometimes they forget to follow the ball or play)..... Their commentary, well, you can check it out yourself.... Even those in power(NFA abi nah NFF) have no clue about football. They are just after their loot....it goes on and on.....and on. I love nigerian footballers(cos of their skills), I watch and play street soccer myself, I watch the CAF champions league live(in owerri)..my friend owns an enyimba jersy....if they can improve their stadiums and commentary(including camera), overhaul both NFA n NFF and replace them with retired footballers,provide security @ stadia...then I would have no reason not to watch NPL!!.... I keep praying for the day our league will be half as good as the premiership in everything(I would be the proudest guy in 9ja)!!!!!....
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by henrychubayo: 2:04pm On May 26, 2012
igbo2011: A lot of people are always watching the EPL and/pr other European league. Why don't people watch the NPL?

If we were to watch the Nigerian Premier League this will make an industry and create jobs in Nigeria. This will develop the economy of Nigeria and boost the GDP. What are your reasons for not watching it? Let' start a movement and tart watching it and going to the games:

I think that what you supposed to ask is: what will make you to start watching nigerian league? Then ppl will thro out the opinions on how it should be improved. Meanwhile, its not only in 9ja that the european league has taken control. All west african countries included, east africa, southern africa etc
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by wutcolor69: 2:17pm On May 26, 2012
SIMPLE ANSWER. ITS BECAUSE WATCHING NIGERIANS PLAY LOCAL FOOBALL IS LIKE WATCHING CHINESE TEENAGE SCHOOL BOYS PLAYING THE GAME.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by Lisa1: 5:02pm On May 26, 2012
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by novaman: 5:37pm On May 26, 2012
It is shocking to note that most of the comment here are based on hearsay; you guys are not talking about the same league, in terms of the quality of players (skills-wise) we have the best, but the administrators needs some personal branded in order to redirect their focus.

I dare to say 80% of the pitches are in good condition for any level of game, the boy can play football. TV is the smallest thing because the administrators get their acts in order and the clubs are bought by the people with massive support, DSTV and other television network will fall over one another to become the host broadcaster; TV is more like the icing on the cake, but you must first build the brand.

For those talking about the goat, how do you explain the case fully grown men running naked unto the field while the game is going on, but after one match you are quick to forget it because of the power of branding or how about the Liverpool game where a balloon was thrown on the pitch and it cost them the match; you remember the world cup where a British referee gave a player more than 2 yellow card, yet nobody is talking about it again, but in our case we are quick to condemn our own even if in 10 years you watched only one game or someone told you about one horrible event.

Do you people know what you are loosing by not supporting our local teams? go to South Africa and see the benefits, or maybe you don't remember they host the world cup a while ago, we are here making noise without any reasonable contribution shame on you all, one day your kids will ask you that even when you knew it was going wrong what did you do to make amends, am not happy the way things are going which is why I am trying to do something in my own little way; call it big when it is done, but that is the much I can do and I will not stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Players To Look Out For In 2017/18 NPFL Season / Cat Video: Kurt Zouma, Brother Charged Under Animal Welfare Act / Ugwuanyi Gives Champions Rangers Land, Cash Gift

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.