Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? (14032 Views)

Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. / Nigerian Premier League (NPL) Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by matoyeh(m): 2:51pm On May 28, 2012
bandiejay: [size=18pt]Yes i watch Nigeria League in my Street undecided[/size]
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 8:09pm On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin FIRE!
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2012
Tis now getting very boring.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by nitrogen(m): 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
Seriously, am dissapointed, didnt expect this from babas lyk you, you derailed the thread completely with ya abuses and curses, it's bad. Just lay low and leave the enmity path. Abeg.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by novaman: 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
So back to the Original purpose for this post, sorry for the interruption

we need to find ways to convince the government to return the club to the people, by making sure 51% of the club share is sold to the various communities within the state using the local government as avenue to accomplish the mission, and anyone who choose to own a part of the club will simply do so.

Each community will be given equal opportunity using the Germany model; the initial aim will be to raise at least 100,000 supporters by using the simple principle of networking, which is to encourage supporters to invite their friends and family. Each club must have offices within every local government of the state and set-up liaison offices in each of the 35 states and Abuja to cater for supporters who travel outside their state.

Each club must pattern with the police and other security agencies in order to help protect the life and properties of the club and the supporters, and also ensure that the visiting teams gets similar opportunities, the agreement with the police must be with the cooperation with the Inspector General, the state commissioner of Police using the office of the Governor of the state to make it happen (these are areas where the government are needed).

All the club must re-brand, so the old logos must go; members and the public will be expected to send in their designs and the best 10 will be made known for registered members to vote in order to pick their choice, same will be done for other areas such as the club anthem, theme song, pledge etc.

The board members must be people residing with the state and 2 each must be selected from the 3 zone of the state, while the other spaces will be completed by the business group. The board members of the clubs must be seasoned business entrepreneur with some knowledge of sports and must be prepared to be tutored with the current trend of sports business during the transition stages.

More inputs shortly.. I will be back.
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by honeric01(m): 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
Guys abeg, enough o before i do the official things to una 2 o grin
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by novaman: 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
nitrogen: Seriously, am dissapointed, didnt expect this from babas lyk you, you derailed the thread completely with ya abuses and curses, it's bad. Just lay low and leave the enmity path. Abeg.

I am sorry about everything, if noticed from the beginning I tried to avoid all this, but he push me, so am back to the original purpose of this post, and never mind I will never respond to any interruptions.

I sent a suggestion on the original post a while ago, what is your take on it, because I believe when the people are encouraged to own the clubs through their communities, it will create a platform for massive support; in order to make the club more involved in the development of sports in the state, the club managers (the board) can organise leagues for schools within the states so as to capture young players and encourage them to play for the club. Each communities will also have various age-grade teams for the 5-aside league, that will also be monitored by the club and the state FA.

In order to encourage huge support during games, clubs should have a special department for entertainment; they should have a top class stage that could be quickly assemble and dismantle within minutes, so that during half time break, a top musician and comedian will be invited to entertain the crowd; while the initial stage of the raffle draw will be done for fantastic prizes such as cars, household items, etc.

The managers must first ensure that the clubs are comfortable with the support from the membership fees paid by the supporters, and must ensure the club don't spend beyond the income, pending when the investors come on board.

Expect more inputs
Re: Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? by novaman: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
honeric01: Guys abeg, enough o before i do the official things to una 2 o grin

Oga abeg no vex, you know am not like that, so lets keep the purpose alive, I have sent it some suggestions, please go through it and make some inputs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Far Can Senegal Go Without Sadio Mane? / Players To Look Out For In 2017/18 NPFL Season / Cat Video: Kurt Zouma, Brother Charged Under Animal Welfare Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.