Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731024 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Thks for reply, but why did say t should talk to change d admission letter date to 2015 cos I ve already started and d first year is just to write an acceptable proposal. I just want u to explain pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samyan12: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2014
Has anybody on the forum attempted applying for sa's new critical skills visa??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
FeyiDOT:
Good evening
I really appreciate everyones contributions and I ve learnt a lot from it. I got addmision to unisa for my phd program and I ve just completed the first year. I just got a 2 years study leave from d place I worked. I want to apply for a study visa. I got a letter from the school in april 2014 but d study leave was just approved 2 days ago. Should I still present the letter from the school? And concerning unisa some said they don't give them study visa. Pls advise me on what to do
Thks
Whatever you do, bear in mind that UniSA does not issue study permits, whatever your case might be.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
qalifa:
Please I'll be training at wonderboom airport does any one know of any safe neighbourhoods around there that I can stay?
PM soil_sista, she could be of great help.

Good luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
Please house I need ur advise. Someone is assisting to process med ins from momentum in SA since 2wks ago.I'm yet to receive the outcome. This is delaying the submission of my application.Anyone with similar experience.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
She said she called several time and mail them without response. Please advise me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
Aboderinkay:
She said she called several time and mail them without response. Please advise me
Momentum takes just 1hour to be activated once you pay @times a day incase of internet delay .Tell her to go their office and collect evidence of payment ! Two weeks delay?that is seriously ridiculous .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Aboderinkay:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Aboderinkay:
let your contact go momentum office .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by manikky: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
samyan12:

Dont know of any...but is there Any info on that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
FeyiDOT:
Thks for reply, but why did say t should talk to change d admission letter date to 2015 cos I ve already started and d first year is just to write an acceptable proposal. I just want u to explain pls
Have u already registered @ UNISA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
samyan12:
What is it you want to know about the critical skills visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
Aboderinkay:
Please house I need ur advise. Someone is assisting to process med ins from momentum in SA since 2wks ago.I'm yet to receive the outcome. This is delaying the submission of my application.Anyone with similar experience.

What is the problem? My house is 5 mins walk from Momoentum's office in cape town, I can help you verify and its for no charge, just simply on humanitarian purpose, I hope the person here is not trying to be funny, cos momentum registrarion takes minutes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
akeem0502:

Have u already registered @ UNISA?
Yes I ve registered this year and I m waiting for the result of the research proposal which will be release by jan
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
FeyiDOT:

Yes I ve registered this year and I m waiting for the result of the research proposal which will be release by jan

Then u hv no problem just go to the embassy with ur proof of registration
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
akeem0502:

Then u hv no problem just go to the embassy with ur proof of registration
Thks I will just do that
Thks a lot
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
I want to find out if date on the documents will not count against me at the embassy. Some have been dated for the past one month while am yet to receive others .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ay01dot123: 1:09am On Dec 02, 2014
Hello. Please I don't know how much SA flight is gonna cost me and like how much I need to hold for my BTA. I'm going there to visit a friend and I'm planning to stay there for 2month. I've not traveled out of Nigeria before. Just got my international passport. What else is needed to be done?. I need your prompt response sir.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 1:13am On Dec 02, 2014
Please can I use R500 as my BTA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:37am On Dec 02, 2014
That amount is small oh..Unless you have funds in your bank account in addition to that.
qalifa:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2014
The required minimum BTA amount is $1,000. In case you don't have up to that, just tell them at the immigration desk that you have additional funds in your bank acct and would not want to take the risk of carrying such an amount about (Hold your ATM card oh). Being a first time traveller, they may try to intimidate you but make sure you stand your ground and be bold in your response.

The cost of flight to SA depends on the airline you intend to use and the period cos a friend of mine just booked a flight yesterday on wakanow.com for N96,000 approximately.

You can check wakanow.com or flysaa.com for further details.

All the best
ay01dot123:
Hello. Please I don't know how much SA flight is gonna cost me and like how much I need to hold for my BTA. I'm going there to visit a friend and I'm planning to stay there for 2month. I've not traveled out of Nigeria before. Just got my international passport. What else is needed to be done?. I need your prompt response sir.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2014
What sort of documents are you talking about? Can you be more specific

Aboderinkay:
I want to find out if date on the documents will not count against me at the embassy. Some have been dated for the past one month while am yet to receive others .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2014
The letter of acceptance, medical certificate, letter of introduction from my employer etc already dated and am yet to be true with Med ins -momentum
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2014
For those documents stated below, the dates will not count against you. However, ensure that your bank statement reflects a current date because embassies now insist that your statement print out date must not exceed ten days prior to submission.

Secondly, the medical report/radiological report obtained in nigeria should be issued within the last three months prior to submission of your application.

Regards
Aboderinkay:
The letter of acceptance, medical certificate, letter of introduction from my employer etc already dated and am yet to be true with Med ins -momentum
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Artlover: 11:46am On Dec 02, 2014
MojAyo:
Hello peeps,I wanna ask,after the issuing of visiting visa to someone which I learnt is 3months valid visa,so I want to ask,is it possible to go 2weeks before d visa expire without having problems with any immigration what what at d airport,and someone told me,there re no more permits in SA,like study permit,work permits and stuffs like dat,bt is there still something like PR(permanent residence permit in SA),pls anyone dat knws more about dis thing to answer me,tanx

Yes....you may still travel without problems as long as visa is still valid.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 02, 2014
Artlover:

Yes....you may still travel without problems as long as visa is still valid.
thank u dear
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thank you very much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tunet(m): 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
qalifa:
no,its 1000 dollars
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tunet(m): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
those coming to SA with a visit visa should pls try to pay for a night in an hotel before living nig,or if you are coming with an invitation try to make sure you have the contact number of the person u coming to visit,likewise the person should scan his residnt permit,id or passport data page with bank statement,likewise dont forget to tell the person to know ur full names cause they wil ask him when SA immigration call him to ask if he or she is expecting any body from nig

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
sorry i meant R5000
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
tunet:

no,its 1000 dollars

Do you need such amount as BTA even as a student on study permit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Emasel:

Do you need such amount as BTA even as a student on study permit?
500dollars is enough and most times they don't ask you especially if you are coming for study purposes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.