Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733958 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Judithomo: 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
@Ariel20 thank you very much my visa was approved. I hope to see you in Stellenbosch wink wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Wummih: 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
bellville:
I lived at UWC's Hector Petersen residence for about 6months. I had a great time staying there. I had to leave the hostel because my pregnancy due date was approaching. If you can afford it, I strongly recommend the university's residence. I was allocated a one-man room with steady internet access 24/7. I mean superfast internet. You would be able to access loads of research materials online as the university subscribes to international journals, if you stay in the hostel. Other pecks: easy laundry using the hostel's washing machine.
Bellville/Belhar isn't so safe. It's a coloured community with a lot of junkies. Don't move around at night. Conduct your business during the day and retire to your room as early as possible.

For grocery shopping, join a bus to Hyper Parrow (pronounced perrow). There's a big shopping mall there. With time you will get to know where the African/naija shops are.

wow guessed u had a nice time. I'm not really planning on University residence as I didn't apply, my reliable options now is off-campus.
what do u think about Kovacs residence?
and where are the naija community in Belleville/belhar located?
I just hope as a student resident it's a safe community in belhar/Belleville during the day.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Judithomo:
@Ariel20 thank you very much my visa was approved. I hope to see you in Stellenbosch wink wink

Wow I'm so delighted. When are you leaving for Stellenbosch?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
@lbfred please try to call 01-4612067 to relate all yor issues. All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solo84(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
I was actually in a state of panic after my application together with my families were submitted in Lagos on the 6th of this month for a family vacation as the hotel we booked was latter cancelled after calling in to re-confirm my reservations, I was given no tangible reason why it was cancelled.
I called in to the embassy yesterday explaining the challenges and I also asked them if this will not affect our application... A negative response was given

Me: Hello good afternoon,
SA: Good afternoon sir
Me: Explained the challenges surrounding the sudden callencelation of my Hotel reservation which was beyond my knowledge.
SA: Sir *this might make your application be refused, sir you might have to re-apply after picking up your docs which will be trated today or tomorrow ... blah blah blah....
Me: isn't there anything I can do to rectify this like booking another jotel and sending in thru mail the new booking ID?
SA: No sir. you will have to re-apply.....
Me: Thank you sir. bye.

I was so devastated. I quickly went down to God praying that its must be a victory/success story...in this recession make I waste 3 applicants money and the stress I have to gather to submit this application inside that hot Vfs office! angry

Long story short, I received a text last night that our application is ready for pick up(13th day of submission).

I was there today(14th day) to pick'it up with my heart panting like when Hilary Clinton votes were being counted grin

I collected our packages and opened shocked Behold, South Africa Visa 3 months was granted for us all, although I have SA visa sometimes 2013 but couldn't use it cos my leave wasn't granted same period my visa was issued.

This was just God.(His Grace)

Should be in J'burg in few weeks time for a week vacation.
Thanks all for your comments here. it really helps.

Wishing all applicants good success in 2017.

Cheers wink

10 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bellville: 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
Wummih:

wow guessed u had a nice time. I'm not really planning on University residence as I didn't apply, my reliable options now is off-campus.
what do u think about Kovacs residence?
and where are the naija community in Belleville/belhar located?
I just hope as a student resident it's a safe community in belhar/Belleville during the day.
There's a redeemed church close to the UWC campus. There are lots of Nigerians there. In short, it's a Nigerian church. They were really nice to me especially as a pregnant student. They were there all the way down to the theatre where I had my baby. It was a small church then.
I don't know Kovac's residence. Bellville/Belhar is safe during the day.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Solo84:
I was actually in a state of panic after my application together with my families were submitted in Lagos on the 6th of this month for a family vacation as the hotel we booked was latter cancelled after calling in to re-confirm my reservations, I was given no tangible reason why it was cancelled.
I called in to the embassy yesterday explaining the challenges and I also asked them if this will not affect our application... A negative response was given

Me: Hello good afternoon,
SA: Good afternoon sir
Me: Explained the challenges surrounding the sudden callencelation of my Hotel reservation which was beyond my knowledge.
SA: Sir *this might make your application be refused, sir you might have to re-apply after picking up your docs which will be trated today or tomorrow ... blah blah blah....
Me: isn't there anything I can do to rectify this like booking another jotel and sending in thru mail the new booking ID?
SA: No sir. you will have to re-apply.....
Me: Thank you sir. bye.

I was so devastated. I quickly went down to God praying that its must be a victory/success story...in this recession make I waste 3 applicants money and the stress I have to gather to submit this application inside that hot Vfs office! angry

Long story short, I received a text last night that our application is ready for pick up(13th day of submission).

I was there today(14th day) to pick'it up with my heart panting like when Hilary Clinton votes were being counted grin

I collected our packages and opened shocked Behold, South Africa Visa 3 months was granted for us all, although I have SA visa sometimes 2013 but couldn't use it cos my leave wasn't granted same period my visa was issued.

This was just God.(His Grace)

Should be in J'burg in few weeks time for a week vacation.
Thanks all for your comments here. it really helps.

Wishing all applicants good success in 2017.

Cheers wink

Congrars bro. Can you pls help me with the embassy number. I need to know why my application is taking so much time to process

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TemmyDavies(m): 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
xreal:

Nooooo.

I wouldn't subscribe to the indoor thing. Why then did u travel that far, what story will you tell ur friends and family when u return - that u were indoor ?

Walk around at least, make friends, enough sightseeing.

Okay sir,would do, Geeky already even made me change my mind bout been indoor, i just thought it woukd help me save funds, but who cares, I'd just try to have as much fun as possible grin and i travel that for a meeting which is my top priority, but thanks for your advice... Very well appreciated,

God bless

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
intrinsicniyi:

I just checked. *Thumb up*

Chai, d list is long. Did u actually submit all including yellow fever , police clearance etc.
yes, yellow fever is 1k, police clearance less than 5k, medical is less 10k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TemmyDavies(m): 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ibfred:

Hey bro, congratulations.
I called them yesterday but they must have closed for the day.
Please can you help me out with this issue.
Normally Nigerian laws dictates that you can only renew passports 6 months to expiry and mine still has 11 months on it.
Why I am saying this is because the VSF office (people contracted by the South African Embassy to handle visa applications in Nigeria) at Port Harcourt claims I have to renew my passport (which is impossible) and that my passport has to outlive my visa duration by at least 30 days. Which means I have to have a passport that at least expires in 3 years and 30 days after my studies.
Why I am skeptical about their claims is that they didn't sound convincing or very knowledgeable.
I would like to know if you have any contacts at the Nigerian embassy to confirm it or someone at the South African immigration service because I have searched for ways to contact the embassy directly regarding this issue but the numbers provided are either invalid or do not go through.
Please can you help me confirm what the correct procedure is as it is currently stalling my submission.
Thanks

It is possible to renew it with the 11months,i renewed mine which still had 10months validity on it, and i got a new one in two weeks, the thing is you have to apply for it at abuja,if its more than 6months before expiry,it can only be handled at abuja if u require a new one... So you should try getting contacts from Abuja since vfs wouldn't accept your application, all you have to do,is to present a letter to back up the reason for the renewal,i f its for school, you have to show them the original admission letter, and also get a letter from embassy(it could be from.vfs, since vfs js handling the application), it could be a mail print out, stating that you need to get a new passport.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Judithomo: 3:44am On Jan 21, 2017
25th, I am seriously search for accommodation but hope to get one before Wednesday.

[quote author=Ariel20 post=52979566]

Wow I'm so delighted. When are you leaving for Stellenbosch?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NFLY: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2017
Alhamdulillah... I got my study permit yesterday.
Kudos to you all, God bless you

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 9:25am On Jan 21, 2017
geekybabe:
Stevetop, inspire777, femiaction, Shine1177, staggerlee and others in the house..

Please can you advise on the process for Critical skills permit?

I am an IT professional (NQF cool, currently doing Masters in KZN, Should finish this semester. I have been attending interviews here and a couple of HR in coys have requested that I start processing my critical skills permit as it would ease my job applications.

I wanna start this process asap, but I have a couple of questions.
1. how easy it is to switch from study permit to work permit.
2. Do i need to be a registered member of a professional body (IITPSA) to process critical skills visa?
3. Can anyone give an estimate of how much I could be spending for the process?
My sister I couldn't reply your PM due to certain security issue until I return next week. All the same, Inspire77 has done justice to your questions but the only additional information I will like to add is that if it is convenient for you to travel back home with all the requirements it MAY be to your advantage. I am not saying you can't get it in SA, because I've seen someone who got it there but considering my experience in Durban, where my application was rejected twice for not providing sufficient proof that I am a registered member of Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) despite the fact that I attached a letter from ECSA that i am a registered member of the Council that my membership certificate will be ready after three month with the contact email and phone number of ECSA Registration Officer on the letter and Student membership certificate of South Africa Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE) attached. I reapplied the second time after my ECSA certificate came with all all documents required but I was denied again. They said since I have a valid Study Permit I need to proof that I was registered as a student for the time spent in SA because I don't have my degree certificate yet, untill April 2017 graduation. I was furious at their nonsense so I appealed the second rejection, that appeal outcome is still pending. Mind you all the application outcome came out within 7 days.

I came back to Lagos in December 2016 with the same documents and I was issued the Critical Skills Visa within 7 days. The officer at Lagos VFS ask me to write a letter of authority to the Consulate that they should cancel my Study Permit because I cannot hold two SA valid visa, which I did but when my passport came the Study Visa was not canceled. So you MAY consider going to Lagos when all your documents are ready.

Get an experienced person to write a letter that you have the skills you claimed. My HOD wrote mine.

CSV Application fee in SA is R1830; VFS charges R1350 = R___

Application fee in Lagos is N30,000; VFS charges N19,800 = N_____

Check their various websites for further information. Best of luck.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2017
Ibfred:

Hey bro, congratulations.
I called them yesterday but they must have closed for the day.
Please can you help me out with this issue.
Normally Nigerian laws dictates that you can only renew passports 6 months to expiry and mine still has 11 months on it.
Why I am saying this is because the VSF office (people contracted by the South African Embassy to handle visa applications in Nigeria) at Port Harcourt claims I have to renew my passport (which is impossible) and that my passport has to outlive my visa duration by at least 30 days. Which means I have to have a passport that at least expires in 3 years and 30 days after my studies.
Why I am skeptical about their claims is that they didn't sound convincing or very knowledgeable.
Thanks
They told you the truth. Assuming your admission letter says you are to study in that school for two years, the best the embassy can do is to issue you a 10 month visa (which they are not inclide to issue) because you cannot carry a valid visa on an expired passport (i.e 2 year visa on a passport with 11 month lifespan). At least you must have extra 30 days on your passport after the last date of your visa. Find a way to renew your passport.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2017
Hello my good people am applying for spouse Visa and I have the following documents

Marriage certificate from sa
Filled Visa form
Letter from my spouse
Letter of introduction of my self
Police clearance
Medical certificate
Statement of account from my spouse in sa
My passport
My passport photo graph
Yellow card

Please my good people any other thing needed? and were is the best place to submit? Abuja or Lagos

Please some one should answer me please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2017
Shine1177 and inspire77, really grateful for all the feedback. thanks so much. I guess I'll just wait patiently till after my submission before starting the process. Ill start gathering documents tho.

Shine1177, did you have a valid offer of employment in SA before processing your application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
I second this,but I renewed mine in Lagos with 8months validity on it. You don't need to travel all d way to Abuja if you don't resident around there. All you need to present is your original admission letter and letter stating why you want to renew as he stated at any respective immigration office. Cheers
TemmyDavies:

It is possible to renew it with the 11months,i renewed mine which still had 10months validity on it, and i got a new one in two weeks, the thing is you have to apply for it at abuja,if its more than 6months before expiry,it can only be handled at abuja if u require a new one... So you should try getting contacts from Abuja since vfs wouldn't accept your application, all you have to do,is to present a letter to back up the reason for the renewal,i f its for school, you have to show them the original admission letter, and also get a letter from embassy(it could be from.vfs, since vfs js handling the application), it could be a mail print out, stating that you need to get a new passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
geekybabe:

Shine1177, did you have a valid offer of employment in SA before processing your application?

No, HR always ask for Work Permit before one can get a valid contract. I only attached my CV stating that I am a Tutor and I once lecture Electrical Distribution III in the University as a stand-in lecturer. Just package your CV well with your experience in Naija and Sourty, if any,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=liv123 post=52997463]Hello my good people am applying for spouse Visa and I have the following documents

Filled Visa form
Letter from my spouse
Police clearance
Medical certificate
My passport
My passport photo graph
Yellow card

Please my good people any other thing needed? and were is the best place to submit? Abuja or Lagos

Someone should answer me please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
liv123:
Hello my good people am applying for spouse Visa and I have the following documents

Filled Visa form
Letter from my spouse
Police clearance
Medical certificate
My passport
My passport photo graph
Yellow card

Proof of accommodation
Birth certificate of minor
Verified flight booking
Copy of data page and previous visa.
Visa fee N8600; VFS charge N19,800

Submit your application wherever is closer to you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
Proof of accommodation
Birth certificate of minor
Verified flight booking
Copy of data page and previous visa.
Visa fee N8600; VFS charge N19,800

Submit your application wherever is closer to you.[/quote]

Thanks brother
But one more thing
Like proof of accommodation ,will it be a letter from my spouse ? Because my spouse is a citizen
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
In regards to study permit how do u guys fill this part under 6 Maintenance/deportation especially those Receipt no, converting to rand etc

There's a part they say "An undertaking from the Registrar" I hope that relate to admission letter but it wasn't from the registrar.

And i see two form 8, is it the DHA-178 or Bi1738 undecided

Thanks

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
HELLO house, i need your advice as it regards to my case. i have gone to south Africa twice. now this year i intended to go with my wife this year but my problems are as follows.
in previous applications i enclosed the court married certificate of my ex wife and didn't declare we are divorced anyway.
now i want to take my newly married wife with me to south africa. in my application how would i present the case to enable her secure visa as well.

Please your candid advice is highly sorted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
Pls advise me; my school is in Durban, I want to fly in this week, I plan to buy ticket for Johannesburg and to link Durban by either train or bus. Will I not be disturbed by immigration that I am not flying in directly to Durban? As a first timer in south africa,.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
royalkonsults:
Pls advise me; my school is in Durban, I want to fly in this week, I plan to buy ticket for Johannesburg and to link Durban by either train or bus. Will I not be disturbed by immigration that I am not flying in directly to Durban? As a first timer in south africa,.

No, you won't be disturbed by immigration officers at JHB.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
royalkonsults:

You wont. Just tell them that you are picking a bus to durban. Luckily Intercity Express buses move from o.r tambo airporr directly to durban. You will b dropped at Durban bus station.

You dont have to stress by going into jburg to book a bus, especially if you have luggage. Check online for to have an idea of the price for d bus and the time it departs from the airport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
HOUSE, WHO CAN ASSIST ME ADDRESS MY QUEST HERE.
vozkini:
HELLO house, i need your advice as it regards to my case. i have gone to south Africa twice. now this year i intended to go with my wife this year but my problems are as follows.
in previous applications i enclosed the court married certificate of my ex wife and didn't declare we are divorced anyway.
now i want to take my newly married wife with me to south africa. in my application how would i present the case to enable her secure visa as well.

Please your candid advice is highly sorted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Do you have an official evidence to show that you have a new wife and that to show divorce of the former? If so, there shouldn't be an issue. IMO
vozkini:
HOUSE, WHO CAN ASSIST ME ADDRESS MY QUEST HERE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
royalkonsults:

yes, yellow fever is 1k, police clearance less than 5k, medical is less 10k

Hi, thanks for d other day. So, I want to get down to business this week.

Kindly look through:

- Application form (DHA - 1738)
- 2 passport with white background
- International passport
- Self introduction letter (***)
- Verifiable hotel reservation (***)
- Yellow fever card
- Proof of financial status
- Visa processing fee (#8,600)
- Police clearance
- Booking verifiable flight (***)
- Medical & Radiological report
- Admission letter
- Proof of medical cover.

(***) Please shed more light on the ffg docs. if you used them for your study permit processing.

Also, is dere any addition or subtraction to d required docs.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 10:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
intrinsicniyi:

Kindly look through:

- International passport
- Yellow fever card
- Police clearance
- Admission letter

(***) Please shed more light on the ffg docs. if you used them for your study permit processing.

Thanks.
yes, I used them all.
self introduction is to introduce yourself, your purpose of going to the republic, and your promise of returning.
verified hotel and flight are compulsory, you are not making payments but anyone doing them for you can charge you for as little as 5 or 10k depends on your bargain

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
intrinsicniyi:

Kindly look through:

- International passport
- Yellow fever card
- Police clearance
- Admission letter

Thanks.
yes, I used them all.
self introduction is to introduce yourself, your purpose of going to the republic, and your promise of returning.
verified hotel and flight are compulsory, you are not making payments but anyone doing them for you can charge you for as little as 5 or 10k depends on your bar gain
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Last year, I said the fees must fall protest will affect the standard of education in SA, you all shut me down. Today I was chatting with an IAPO staff of UCT he told me that they have lost about 30% international students, which means a fall in revenue. GSB of UCT has no international (non african) students at all. I can not believe that UCT won't resume till march, wow! It is well with SA o. I thank God I have left finally, it takes courage

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.