Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734073 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
royalkonsults:

yes, I used them all.
self introduction is to introduce yourself, your purpose of going to the republic, and your promise of returning.
verified hotel and flight are compulsory, you are not making payments but anyone doing them for you can charge you for as little as 5 or 10k depends on your bargain

All points noted & thanks for your prompt response once again, I appreciate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:38am On Jan 23, 2017
❗Xenophobia Alert❗

A section of South Africans are planning a demonstration next month ( 24 February) against the influx of foreign nationals who they accuse of taking their jobs.

Flyers circulating online indicate that South Africans are fed up with their government granting asylum seekers status.

They singled out Zimbabweans,Nigerians and Pakistanis as major problems saying there was no war in these countries.

“Why is the government giving asylum seeker(s) status to Nigerians, Zimbabweans, Pakistanis.

“Is there war in Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Pakistan etc?” reads part of the flyer that might stoke up xenophobic attacks.

It said unemployment levels are at massive 34% in South Africa “but they give people asylum seeker(s) status when there is no work in South Africa.

“What do you expect them to do? They will commit crimes, got to Spar, Cash crusades, Nandos, restaurants and other companies etc.

PLEASE SPREAD TO OUR FOREIGN BROTHERS N

Be careful and try to avoid Ghetto places, Pretoria included, Jo'burg City - be careful
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MduZA: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
staggerlee:
❗Xenophobia Alert❗

A section of South Africans are planning a demonstration next month ( 24 February) against the influx of foreign nationals who they accuse of taking their jobs.

Flyers circulating online indicate that South Africans are fed up with their government granting asylum seekers status.

They singled out Zimbabweans,Nigerians and Pakistanis as major problems saying there was no war in these countries.

“Why is the government giving asylum seeker(s) status to Nigerians, Zimbabweans, Pakistanis.

“Is there war in Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Pakistan etc?” reads part of the flyer that might stoke up xenophobic attacks.

It said unemployment levels are at massive 34% in South Africa “but they give people asylum seeker(s) status when there is no work in South Africa.

“What do you expect them to do? They will commit crimes, got to Spar, Cash crusades, Nandos, restaurants and other companies etc.

PLEASE SPREAD TO OUR FOREIGN BROTHERS N

Be careful and try to avoid Ghetto places, Pretoria included, Jo'burg City - be careful

My man stop misleading people...

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
Please somebody should help me. Since december 7 i applied for my study permit up till now nothing and my school has resumed. I tried calling the high commission they did not pick up. Does it really take this long?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
MduZA:

My man stop misleading people...
Misleading? I got this from the secretary genaral of Nigerian Union Mr. Adetola this morning so why will I mislead as if its a new thing in SA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MduZA: 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
staggerlee:

Misleading? I got this from the secretary genaral of Nigerian Union Mr. Adetola this morning so why will I mislead as if its a new thing in SA

That Union has been making alot of allegations since day one of its formation..all in the name of attracting attention and sympathy..the reality is :attacks were never planned before but triggered by something,either a foreign national killing locals or foreign nationals found in possession of human private parts etc..the point is the so called xenophobic attacks in SA are not planned..maybe your secretary is worried about a call made by the new Joburg mayor who intends to clean up the city!

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello guys.
So I applied for a tourist South Africa visa

I was hoping for a 3months,multiple entry visa...but i was offered a 2weeks single entry visa, to expire Feb 2017.

I took my trip,and at the port of entry I was given 3weeks to stay,instead of the 2weeks visa I received in naija on my passport .
Right now am in SA,but i already purchased both travel and return tickets for 2weeks...

Now my issue is...
Visa is supposed to expire on the 5th of feb,I purchase my tickets to return on that 5th too...but I was given a stay at the port of entry till 15th of feb(making it 3weeks)

Please!!! Could there be a way to extend my visa to this 15th without bin banned And how do I go about it

I know I could have to purchase another return ticket too. Please,help!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mimi56:
Hello guys.

I was hoping for a 3months,multiple entry visa...but i was offered a 2weeks single entry visa, to expire Feb 2017.

I took my trip,and at the port of entry I was given 3weeks to stay,instead of the 2weeks visa I received in naija on my passport .
Right now am in SA,but i already purchased both travel and return tickets for 2weeks...

Now my issue is...
Visa is supposed to expire on the 5th of feb,I purchase my tickets to return on that 5th too...but I was given a stay at the port of entry till 15th of feb(making it 3weeks)

Please!!! Could there be a way to extend my visa to this 15th without bin banned And how do I go about it

If your visa expires on the 5th please return on the 5th to avoid complication

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 24, 2017
ganjamanoflife:
Please somebody should help me. Since december 7 i applied for my study permit up till now nothing and my school has resumed. I tried calling the high commission they did not pick up. Does it really take this long?

Sad to hear of your case.

I applied on 5th Dec and got mine on 11th of January but of course this was after 3 phone calls and basically trusting God to help sort it out.

The high commission may not respond well but keep pushing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 24, 2017
Mimi56:
Hello guys.

Now my issue is...

What you get at the port of entry supersedes whatever visa you have - this is a fact for every country.

Visa does not guarantee you entry into any country but rather a document saying they have considered your application and you meet the requirements to visit or reside in a country for x number of days.

The immigration officials have the final say (well, in matters as this because God na the real baba grin )

Enjoy your stay!

6 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 24, 2017
staggerlee:
Last year, I said the fees must fall protest will affect the standard of education in SA, you all shut me down. Today I was chatting with an IAPO staff of UCT he told me that they have lost about 30% international students, which means a fall in revenue. GSB of UCT has no international (non african) students at all. I can not believe that UCT won't resume till march, wow! It is well with SA o. I thank God I have left finally, it takes courage

Guy, this is the second time I will have to call you out here - you really need to speak with facts!

GSB of UCT currently has 21 International Students ( 3 Kenyans, 5 Americans, 2 British, 2 Zimbabwean, 1 Tanzanian, 1 Japanese, 1 Indian, 1 Nigerian...not sure of the rest). This is info is only for its full time program with a current class size of 54.

Please, if you have left, enjoy your stay in Nigeria and stop dissuading folks from studying in SA.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:39am On Jan 24, 2017
Processor01:

Guy, this is the second time I will have to call you out here - you really need to speak with facts!

GSB of UCT currently has 21 International Students ( 3 Kenyans, 5 Americans, 2 British, 2 Zimbabwean, 1 Tanzanian, 1 Japanese, 1 Indian, 1 Nigerian...not sure of the rest). This is info is only for its full time program with a current class size of 54.

Please, if you have left, enjoy your stay in Nigeria and stop dissuading folks from studying in SA.

That's a lie, yes there are other african nationals, but not uK and american as you claim and yes there are 54 students, but compare it to past years, 77 in 2014, 87 in 2015 and 84 in 2016. Bros stop lying there are 5 americans even in the peak of GSB they had 3 americans in 2014 now you claim there are 5 americans. We don't need to hide true situations when we want to defend something
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:01am On Jan 24, 2017
Processor01:

By the way according to fees structure of GSB they don't count other africans as international, Nigerians, Zimababweans and south africans are all paying the same fees which isn't like that in the main stream UCT campus. Its only non africans that pay difernt fees in GSB
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 10:12am On Jan 24, 2017
ife01:
Do you have an official evidence to show that you have a new wife and that to show divorce of the former? If so, there shouldn't be an issue. IMO

Yes dear. Married certificate and divorce papers are readily avaliable.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
23 January 2017

The Department of Home Affairs has distanced itself from messages circulating on social media networks and Short Message Services (SMS) alleging it has ordered immediate deportation of undocumented migrants from Monday 23 January 2017. It wishes to inform the public that such information is false. No such statement was made or issued by the department or any official.

Home Affairs acts consistently within the confines of the Constitution of the Republic and seeks at all times to uphold the rule of law. It would run contrary to the laws of our country to instruct citizens, as purported in the malicious messages, to take the law into their hands, and to close companies down without due process.

It is through the immigration services, and its inspectorate, that the department enforces immigration legislation, manages the immigration system and effects deportations, in terms of the Immigration Act 13 of 2002 and regulations.

The inspectorate has a duty to ensure that persons in South Africa are correctly documented, reside in the country on a lawful basis and acquire documents and status lawfully. It has standardised systems relating to the detection, detention and deportation of illegal foreign nationals in South Africa.

The Minister of Home Affairs will soon explain in more detail the department’s approach on this important matter of immigration and asylum-seeker management. He will shed more light on South Africa’s implementation of systems for managing processes relating to asylum and undocumented migrants, among others.

Citizens and all other persons in the country are strongly advised to ignore this false alarm that is seemingly seeking to fuel tensions in the country, at a time when priority is given to economic development, creating jobs and fighting poverty and inequality. It is in the best interest of the country for government and citizens to do all in their power together to work for stability and peace, while combating illegal migration and other crimes through lawful means.

The department had called for cooperation of citizens and stakeholders to ensure a safe and secure South Africa. It was in this spirit that the SA Cabinet had established an Inter-Ministerial Committee on Migration to focus on key migration issues and how they impact on the nation.

For media enquiries contact Mayihlome Tshwete or Thabo Mokgola on 060 962 4982

RELEASED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS
Source
http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/statements-speeches/922-statement-on-false-messages-regarding-foreign-nationals

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
staggerlee:

If your visa expires on the 5th please return on the 5th to avoid complication
Na wa o...
Thanks tho
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
Processor01:

What you get at the port of entry supersedes whatever visa you have - this is a fact for every country.

Visa does not guarantee you entry into any country but rather a document saying they have considered your application and you meet the requirements to visit or reside in a country for x number of days.

The immigration officials have the final say (well, in matters as this because God na the real baba grin )

Enjoy your stay!
Thank you.
Can I contact you?
Are you in southAfrica??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tobiylloba: 1:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello, please can someone explain to me if it's possible to get sa visa by non appearance?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adeodunsimilolu(f): 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello.

Please, what is the requirement to apply for SA student visa? As well as the cost.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
femiaction:
23 January 2017

The Department of Home Affairs has distanced itself from messages circulating on social media networks and Short Message Services (SMS) alleging it has ordered immediate deportation of undocumented migrants from Monday 23 January 2017. It wishes to inform the public that such information is false. No such statement was made or issued by the department or any official.

Home Affairs acts consistently within the confines of the Constitution of the Republic and seeks at all times to uphold the rule of law. It would run contrary to the laws of our country to instruct citizens, as purported in the malicious messages, to take the law into their hands, and to close companies down without due process.

It is through the immigration services, and its inspectorate, that the department enforces immigration legislation, manages the immigration system and effects deportations, in terms of the Immigration Act 13 of 2002 and regulations.

The inspectorate has a duty to ensure that persons in South Africa are correctly documented, reside in the country on a lawful basis and acquire documents and status lawfully. It has standardised systems relating to the detection, detention and deportation of illegal foreign nationals in South Africa.

The Minister of Home Affairs will soon explain in more detail the department’s approach on this important matter of immigration and asylum-seeker management. He will shed more light on South Africa’s implementation of systems for managing processes relating to asylum and undocumented migrants, among others.

Citizens and all other persons in the country are strongly advised to ignore this false alarm that is seemingly seeking to fuel tensions in the country, at a time when priority is given to economic development, creating jobs and fighting poverty and inequality. It is in the best interest of the country for government and citizens to do all in their power together to work for stability and peace, while combating illegal migration and other crimes through lawful means.

The department had called for cooperation of citizens and stakeholders to ensure a safe and secure South Africa. It was in this spirit that the SA Cabinet had established an Inter-Ministerial Committee on Migration to focus on key migration issues and how they impact on the nation.

For media enquiries contact Mayihlome Tshwete or Thabo Mokgola on 060 962 4982

RELEASED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS
Source
http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/statements-speeches/922-statement-on-false-messages-regarding-foreign-nationals

Any country will deny the news, but please stay safe. My message was not to cause panic but to keep you guys safe. I have never been robbed in sa before because I dont just go anywhere, l am also very aware that in SA I am a foreigner so I am very careful
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
Processor01:

Enjoy your stay!

My advice is simple if the visa says a date and immigration officers stamp another date it is better to follow the date on your Visa especially if the visa date comes before the the date of the immigration officer gave you. SA officials are never consistent. Please dont complicate matters.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tobiylloba: 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
How can someone do a non appearance south African visa? How's is it possible please explain,.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fem2fem(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
Mimi56:
Hello guys.

Now my issue is...

Hello, i was given a 10 days tourism too,please can you list what you took along with you and did they check your document at the POE.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tobiylloba: 1:15am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello can someone tell me if they have ever used courier delivery for their passport I'm vfs, if so please tell me what is needed to collect the passport from the courier and long does it take for the passport to get to you and also can someone collect it for me on my behalf!?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 6:35am On Jan 25, 2017
you can stay till the time the entry office stamps you to stay in..all you need to do is visit your airline and reshedule your flight till that time and you pay about 100-120 dollars
Mimi56:
Hello guys.

Now my issue is...

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 6:41am On Jan 25, 2017
You can stay in any country till the time stamped on your passport at the time of entry...if the immigration had stamped her 3 months and visa was 2 weeks..i believe yes she can use 3 months complete with no issues and this happens to all countried and south africa is no exemption...

my people perish because of lack of knowledge.
staggerlee:

My advice is simple if the visa says a date and immigration officers stamp another date it is better to follow the date on your Visa especially if the visa date comes before the the date of the immigration officer gave you. SA officials are never consistent. Please dont complicate matters.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:15am On Jan 25, 2017
seangy4konji:
You can stay in any country till the time stamped on your passport at the time of entry...if the immigration had stamped her 3 months and visa was 2 weeks..i believe yes she can use 3 months complete with no issues and this happens to all countried and south africa is no exemption...

my people perish because of lack of knowledge.

You believe? Ok please what law? It is clearly written on her visa 5th of feb. And an immigration officer extends it without proper procedure and you say it is fine, come on! South Africa that even some immigration officers are ignorant of the laws. I have seen someone that was turned back at OR because they said the stamp that was used on his passport when leaving SA a week before was fake yet it was properly stamped. The guy was going to be deported thank God for his wife that is a South African that was traveling with him that raised an alarm it took the supervisor on duty to clear him. I know SA very well, officials are as clueless as sh*t. I see people with so many mistakes on their permits, like someone's student visa instead of University of Cape Town they wrote "University of University". The thing is when the complication arises, it might cost her a whole lot that's why I avoid if I can. Another thing is no law in the world can allow an official to increase your stay in the country beyond a the date written on your visa without due process, what he/she can only do is reduce your stay or refuse you entry if he is not convinced. He can't give you more time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 7:23am On Jan 25, 2017
Am not here to argue as we learn every day....why do you have a uae visa issued to expire on 25th of january 2017 and you enter uae today and entry officer stamps you with permission to stay 3 month which end on april 24 2017
staggerlee:

You believe? Ok please what law? It is clearly written on her visa 5th of feb. And an immigration officer extends it without proper procedure and you say it is fine, come on! South Africa that even some immigration officers are ignorant of the laws. I have seen someone that was turned back at OR because they said the stamp that was used on his passport when leaving SA a week before was fake yet it was properly stamped. The guy was going to be deported thank God for his wife that is a South African that was traveling with him that raised an alarm it took the supervisor on duty to clear him. I know SA very well, officials are as clueless as sh*t. I see people with so many mistakes on their permits, like someone's student visa instead of University of Cape Town they wrote "University of University". The thing is when the complication arises, it might cost her a whole lot that's why I avoid if I can. Another thing is no law in the world can allow an official to increase your stay in the country beyond a the date written on your visa without due process, what he/she can only do is reduce your stay or refuse you entry if he is not convinced. He can't give you more time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:26am On Jan 25, 2017
seangy4konji:
you can stay till the time the entry office stamps you to stay in..all you need to do is visit your airline and reshedule your flight till that time and you pay about 100-120 dollars

Don't get it twisted if the visa stated 2 weeks but expired 15th of feb 2017 and the official at the POE stamps 3 weeks and the 3 weeks elapse before the 15th of Feb the she has a case to stay beyond 2 weeks. But her own case is different, her visa expires 5th of feb, the 3 weeks the POE official gave her is elapsing after the expiration of her visa, my dear better go back to naija before or on the 5th of feb. If you doubt me go to an home affairs ofice for clarification (I just hope you don't meet another dumb officer that will say something totally different)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:32am On Jan 25, 2017
seangy4konji:
Am not here to argue as we learn every day....why do you have a uae visa issued to expire on 25th of january 2017 and you enter uae today and entry officer stamps you with permission to stay 3 month which end on april 24 2017

I don't know about UAE but on SA visas and permits, I know a whole lot. I have assisted noted less than 5 people on this thread to secure visas in SA and from Nigeria am a registered immigration consultant in SA. I am not faceless people know me on this thread
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 25, 2017
staggerlee:

That's a lie, yes there are other african nationals, but not uK and american as you claim and yes there are 54 students, but compare it to past years, 77 in 2014, 87 in 2015 and 84 in 2016. Bros stop lying there are 5 americans even in the peak of GSB they had 3 americans in 2014 now you claim there are 5 americans. We don't need to hide true situations when we want to defend something

Lol...why do i have to lie? What's the pressure? What's the motivation? On a faceless forum?

Chief, I speak with facts but you speak based on your emotions - I could have posted the class list but hey, no point. Believe whatever you wish!

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:59am On Jan 25, 2017
Processor01:

Lol...why do i have to lie? What's the pressure? What's the motivation? On a faceless forum?

Chief, I speak with facts but you speak based on your emotions - I could have posted the class list but hey, no point. Believe whatever you wish!

So what was the class number in 2015, 2016 and now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.