Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734700 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MisterHOV: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

Great job you guys are doing.

So I'm planning to apply for a SA study permit this week. I think I have all the required documents but I'm in a bit of I bind regarding the account statement.
My Sponsor is an Aunt in South Africa and so she scanned her account statements and sponsorship letter to me. My question is, can I go ahead with this printed documents? I assume they will require the original and I told her about it a few times but she said the scanned copies are fine that I should not worry myself, she sounds very confident. She's a lot older than me so I didn't want to argue too much, especially if I might wrong.

So please advise, am I good to go with these scanned copies or I do insist on having the originals sent down?

Your quick response will be very helpful because I I'm hoping to submit Monday latest, that is, if these printed copies are okay.

Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
MisterHOV:
Hi Guys,

Great job you guys are doing.

So I'm planning to apply for a SA study permit this week. I think I have all the required documents but I'm in a bit of I bind regarding the account statement.
My Sponsor is an Aunt in South Africa and so she scanned her account statements and sponsorship letter to me. My question is, can I go ahead with this printed documents? I assume they will require the original and I told her about it a few times but she said the scanned copies are fine that I should not worry myself, she sounds very confident. She's a lot older than me so I didn't want to argue too much, especially if I might wrong.

So please advise, am I good to go with these scanned copies or I do insist on having the originals sent down?

Your quick response will be very helpful because I I'm hoping to submit Monday latest, that is, if these printed copies are okay.

Thanks!

It is always better to be on the safe side.
Tell her to post by mail the bank statement and certify other document
Don't give them reason to refuse you for lack of credibility
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by schicbanj: 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
is 600k plus considered a good balance for a 10days visit visa to SA?. is urgent please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mcnero: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hello guys

I submitted an application and got this

Processed Visa Application Reference no. SALA/xxxxxx/xxxx/xx has been received at The South Africa Application Center for collection,LAGOS for processing on 10-01-2018.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Does it means the visa is ready for pick up now or I should expect another mail for collection
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kimsunh: 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
mcnero:
Hello guys

Processed Visa Application Reference no. SALA/xxxxxx/xxxx/xx has been received at The South Africa Application Center for collection,LAGOS for processing on 10-01-2018.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Does it means the visa is ready for pick up now or I should expect another mail for collection
no it means your application has been received at the embassy. When it is ready for collection, vfs global will send a message to your phone and email so you can come pick up your package. Good luck in your application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mcnero: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
no it means your application has been received at the embassy. When it is ready for collection, vfs global will send a message to your phone and email so you can come pick up your package. Good luck in your application.

OK bro
Thanks for your swift response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
Manager007:

Hi Abdullahi,

Scholarships for international students (such as yourself) is very competitive and not guaranteed. SA is going through a Fee-reduction phase nationally, and priority is given to South African students. That being said, your best chance at securing a scholarship if to first enrol/register for your studies at the international office. In most cases, just before the end of your first semester, there would be calls for applications to various scholarships and bursaries. You can then apply for such. There’s even a needy-based student bursary that most universities advertise. But only on their enrolled students portal. All of these would not be available to a non-registered student as yourself in the beginning.

However, it’s a flip story on the Msc studies. You will get funding/scholarship/bursary especially after your first semester of studies.

Your program Microbiology is lucrative in SA. Try to enrol and study. It will be your best self-investment you will ever make,

Keep well.

Hello Gurus in the house,

I need your advice here again please

I have secured admission to pursue MSc in SA but i have some inquiries for Nigerians there doing MSc in Life Sciences (Research mode only) without doing SA Honours first;

I hope i won't have any problem/issue with the research curriculum and studies as i will be going for Msc directly with my 4yrs BSc without SA Honours?

Do you think SA Honours is not necessary and i can cope doing the MSc (Research) without it?

Also i hope i won't have problem with my Visa application as the saqa evaluation i did, requested that i do Honours first but my school didn't request for saqa and gave me admission for MSc? Do i need to submit my saqa evaluation for visa?

Finally give me your sincere advice.

NB:
I have BSc in Microbiology going to pursue MSc in Life Sciences (Microbiology).

I await for your prompt response.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
abdullahi45:

I have secured admission to pursue MSc in SA but i have some inquiries for Nigerians there doing MSc in Life Sciences (Research mode only) without doing SA Honours first;

I hope i won't have any problem/issue with the research curriculum and studies as i will be going for Msc directly with my 4yrs BSc without SA Honours?

Do you think SA Honours is not necessary and i can cope doing the MSc (Research) without it?

Also i hope i won't have problem with my Visa application as the saqa evaluation i did, requested that i do Honours first but my school didn't request for saqa and gave me admission for MSc? Do i need to submit my saqa evaluation for visa?

NB:

Thanks

My advice follow what saqa gave u. Do honours first cos it's mostly research. Why I said do honours first is for u to get used to their system and their research method how they mark and all. Trust me I'm doing undergrade the research I do no be beans and the research assignment/essays I write is not easy. So do honours so u can know more about it. Cos masters too won't be easy and I think u have to write a thesis at masters level. I know u have done honours with ur 4yrs but u can't compare . that's my own advice tho
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
imoniyi:

My advice follow what saqa gave u. Do honours first cos it's mostly research. Why I said do honours first is for u to get used to their system and their research method how they mark and all. Trust me I'm doing undergrade the research I do no be beans and the research assignment/essays I write is not easy. So do honours so u can know more about it. Cos masters too won't be easy and I think u have to write a thesis at masters level. I know u have done honours with ur 4yrs but u can't compare . that's my own advice tho

Thanks Guru.
Other Gurus please contribute.
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oladimeji10: 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hello gurus. Pls does anyone have an info regarding BTA at the port of entry for a 7 day visiting visa? How much at least, should it be in rand or dollars and must it be cash? Pls I'll appreciate a swift response from anyone here. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by RadiantKiwi(f): 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
moomanpg:

Whao, my boss I hail o. I am a new student and will be resuming next month.

Hello house! I'm new here. Keep up the good work. I have a BSc in biochemistry and i have always wanted to go to S.A. Boss, I checked the school fees of Monash shocked shocked grin cos I saw an old post where you said they don't stress ppl 4 admission ......did you pay all or a percentage? I want to go for post grad studies. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
First, SAQA doesn't give/tell you what to do. They only evaluate your qualification and state how it compares to the SA framework.

Having said that, an admissions committee or your supervisor has assessed you via your application and found you to possess the capacity to undergo the proposed course of study.

Do not entertain any iota of self-doubt, brace yourself for the rigours ahead and go earn that MSc!

abdullahi45:

NB:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 10:34am On Jan 12, 2018
Hi Gurus,

i am preparing my docs for study visa application, i have little issue with bank reference letter to support my sponsor Statement of Account. I was told from the bank that bank reference letter can only be drafted in support of him (my sponsor) if he is the one traveling. I told them that i only need his bank reference letter to support his SOA which i want to submit for visa.

Kindly give me correct info you have with regards the bank reference letter please.

also i want to go for off campus residence as the school own is full, i am about to get lease agreement from the landlord there, i hope this suffice for visa application or is it better i just make hotel reservation?
also the residence is R1700 per month i hope the embassy will not have any problem with it saying it is cheap?

is it compulsory i certify/notarize the sponsor's letter provided for me?

Thanks in anticipation Gurus.

I appreciate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
abdullahi45:
Hi Gurus,

i am preparing my docs for study visa application, i have little issue with bank reference letter to support my sponsor Statement of Account. I was told from the bank that bank reference letter can only be drafted in support of him (my sponsor) if he is the one traveling. I told them that i only need his bank reference letter to support his SOA which i want to submit for visa.

Kindly give me correct info you have with regards the bank reference letter please.

also i want to go for off campus residence as the school own is full, i am about to get lease agreement from the landlord there, i hope this suffice for visa application or is it better i just make hotel reservation?
also the residence is R1700 per month i hope the embassy will not have any problem with it saying it is cheap?

I appreciate.

Gurus in the house Please kindly reply me please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
Sorry Gurus but i just need to confirm this please.

I got a 6 months old SOA from my Uncle on 4th January and i wish to submit my visa application by next week 18th January. I hope i can still use the bank statement. Please kindly reply i don't want to make any mistake with my application. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2018
RadiantKiwi:

Hello house! I'm new here. Keep up the good work. I have a BSc in biochemistry and i have always wanted to go to S.A. Boss, I checked the school fees of Monash shocked shocked grin cos I saw an old post where you said they don't stress ppl 4 admission ......did you pay all or a percentage? I want to go for post grad studies. Thanks.

Monash is expensive oo. You have to pay 80% of ur semester fee. The fees are yearly fee. U have two semester in a year. So divide the yearly fee into two and 80% of the half is what u need first in order for the visa. Once u become a student u can pay installmentally
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
abdullahi45:

Gurus in the house Please kindly reply me please
Please kindly attend to my enquiries Gurus.
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2018
abdullahi45:

I got a 6 months old SOA from my Uncle on 4th January and i wish to submit my visa application by next week 18th January. I hope i can still use the bank statement.
Please advice accordingly.

Please kindly reply i don't want to make any mistake with my application. Thanks.

Gurus in the house. i beg help me attend to this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lanrey1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2018
mcnero:
Hello guys

my brother ur visa is ready for collection.. plz go to d embassy as soon as possible.. no delay bro.
let me congratulate you sef.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moomanpg: 10:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
RadiantKiwi:

Imoniyi has done justice to your question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lee310: 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2018
@mcnero. Chill oh. The application is not back at the VFS. You will get another message that you can come for pick.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by RadiantKiwi(f): 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2018
imoniyi:

Monash is expensive oo. You have to pay 80% of ur semester fee. The fees are yearly fee. U have two semester in a year. So divide the yearly fee into two and 80% of the half is what u need first in order for the visa. Once u become a student u can pay installmentally

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by RadiantKiwi(f): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
moomanpg:

Imoniyi has done justice to your question.

Boss she has, but two more questions pls bro no vex, how did you pay ur school fees and how many weeks your visa applctn take. Just want to hear frm ur recent xperience. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moomanpg: 1:08am On Jan 13, 2018
RadiantKiwi:

Boss she has, but two more questions pls bro no vex, how did you pay ur school fees and how many weeks your visa applctn take. Just want to hear frm ur recent xperience. Thanks.
Form A through bank. I av not yet applied for my visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 2:37am On Jan 13, 2018
moomanpg:

How many days did ur form A take. What was d rate and which bank.
So u really coming to Monash nice one

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 5:46am On Jan 13, 2018
abdullahi45:

Gurus in the house. i beg help me attend to this?
Can someone please help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tayotp: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2018
Good morning.pls how can one apply for a South African visa(Tourist).

Thank u all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by RadiantKiwi(f): 9:45am On Jan 13, 2018
imoniyi:

How many days did ur form A take. What was d rate and which bank.
So u really coming to Monash nice one

Thanks 4 spekng my mind dear cheesy guru kiss
Boss moomanpg, kindly help attend to this question..
moomanpg:

......... smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moomanpg: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
RadiantKiwi:

Thanks 4 spekng my mind dear cheesy guru kiss
Boss moomanpg, kindly help attend to this question........... smiley
Was told 48hrs but took 72hrs. 360. Gtbank
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
abdullahi45:

I got a 6 months old SOA from my Uncle on 4th January and i wish to submit my visa application by next week 18th January. I hope i can still use the bank statement. Please kindly reply i don't want to make any mistake with my application. Thanks.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=abdullahi45 post=64124757]Hi Gurus,

i am preparing my docs for study visa application,

??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by schicbanj: 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2018
please i need gurus view on this

schicbanj:
is 600k plus considered a good balance for a 10days visit visa to SA?. is urgent please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: chipson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.