Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1740520 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2018
schicbanj:
please i need gurus view on this

Yes.
What you do and your account transaction for the past 4 months matters a lot.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2018
infofta:

Yes.
What you do and your account transaction for the past 4 months matters a lot.

Sorry Gurus but i just need to confirm this please.
I got a 6 months old SOA from my Uncle on 4th January and i wish to submit my visa application by next week 18th January. I hope i can still use the bank statement.
Please advice accordingly.
Please kindly reply i don't want to make any mistake with my application. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 11:19am On Jan 14, 2018
abdullahi45:

Sorry Gurus but i just need to confirm this please.
I got a 6 months old SOA from my Uncle on 4th January and i wish to submit my visa application by next week 18th January. I hope i can still use the bank statement.
Please advice accordingly.
Please kindly reply i don't want to make any mistake with my application. Thanks.

The bank statement is current.
Make sure you pay part of your tuition and get convincing letter of support from him since he is your uncle not your parent. Add his other supporting documents.

Not paying part of your tuition means you are not a genuine student but he is helping you to immigrate to SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
infofta:

The bank statement is current.
Make sure you pay part of your tuition and get convincing letter of support from him since he is your uncle not your parent. Add his other supporting documents.

Not paying part of your tuition means you are not a genuine student but he is helping you to immigrate to SA.

how do you mean by convincing letter? he only indicated he is my maternal uncle and wish to sponsor my postgraduate studies. any other thing to be included?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 10:33pm On Jan 14, 2018
hi,

Is anyone in Free state or Grahamstown or has info about those two places here. I want to know about those two places please (security, crime rate, racism, living styles and other things you think necessary).

Your response will really help in making a decision

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2018
abdullahi45:
hi,

Is anyone in Free state or Grahamstown or has info about those two places here. I want to know about those two places please (security, crime rate, racism, living styles and other things you think necessary).

Your response will really help in making a decision

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2018
abdullahi45:

how do you mean by convincing letter? he only indicated he is my maternal uncle and wish to sponsor my postgraduate studies. any other thing to be included?
??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mcnero: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2018
@mcnero. Chill oh. The application is not back at the VFS. You will get another message that you can come for pick. [/quote]

Bro ....I didn't get a notification from the embassy again aspa collection....I went there this morning and me and my wife were issued a VISA. To SA.

Submitted on the 5th January and was out 10th January.

With the help of this forum I was able to package my application.

Thanks Guys

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
abdullahi45:

What exactly would you like to know about those places you mentioned?

To start with, Free state is but a province and not a city. You would need to mention a spefic city in FS so i can advise you adequately about life in that city.

Grahamstown is a small town in the Eastern Province. It's a very nice place and one or my favourite places in SA. The only thing(s) keepin that town bubbly are the Rhodes University and Thr Grahamstown annual Art festival. Its a university town so everythin is centered around that varsity. You will love livin there. Food is cheap. Weather is bearable but extremely cold in winter because its surrounded by mountains. But accomodation is not so cheap hey? Its only about one hour to Port Elizabeth which is the bigger city where you can buy lots of things includin naija foods. Grahamstown will offer you good security but nevertheless be cautious in some dark areas of that town. Racism is everywhere includin SA. There are good people black and white as well as bad folks too. But what i have found is that white folks in Grahamstown are generally more receptive than the ones in Free state and i think its bevause of the British influence dominant there.
Lots of beautitul girls there and you will think you are in paradise. I have good memories of that place.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
Manager007:

To start with, Free state is but a province and not a city. You would need to mention a spefic city in FS so i can advise you adequately about life in that city.

Grahamstown is a small town in the Eastern Province. It's a very nice place and one or my favourite places in SA. The only thing(s) keepin that town bubbly are the Rhodes University and Thr Grahamstown annual Art festival. Its a university town so everythin is centered around that varsity. You will love livin there. Food is cheap. Weather is bearable but extremely cold in winter because its surrounded by mountains. But accomodation is not so cheap hey? Its only about one hour to Port Elizabeth which is the bigger city where you can buy lots of things includin naija foods. Grahamstown will offer you good security but nevertheless be cautious in some dark areas of that town. Racism is everywhere includin SA. There are good people black and white as well as bad folks too. But what i have found is that white folks in Grahamstown are generally more receptive than the ones in Free state and i think its bevause of the British influence dominant there.
Lots of beautitul girls there and you will think you are in paradise. I have good memories of that place.

Thanks so much for your response. I am only trying to compare between Bloemfontein, free state and Grahamstawn.

I am going to SA for my postgraduate studies.
I want be informed about security, people's lifestyle, opportunities for students there and other things necessary.

Thanks once again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
Manager007:

Wow from what u have said I should visit one day

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
Manager007:

I just found out where I'm going for my next summer break cool
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mmaobey: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2018
Please anyone here in my shoes I submitted for study permit on the 10th of November at Abuja vfs, till now have not heard from them, been to the embassy twice but was always told to check next week. I seriously don't understand anymore. Please anyone with similar issue here please.....advice...from gurus on what I should do please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nadratan: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2018
Hello Guys,

I want to confirm maybe I can use a marriage certificate issued by a Mosque for processing my relative or spousal visa...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
Mmaobey:
Please anyone here in my shoes I submitted for study permit on the 10th of November at Abuja vfs, till now have not heard from them, been to the embassy twice but was always told to check next week. I seriously don't understand anymore. Please anyone with similar issue here please.....advice...from gurus on what I should do please.

Someone I know submitted also on the 5th of January 2018 at vfs Lagos and have not heard from them. People who submitted for visitors visa the same day has been processed and passport returned.
I think you wait till the end of January before contacting them.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 12:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nadratan:
Hello Guys,

I want to confirm maybe I can use a marriage certificate issued by a Mosque for processing my relative or spousal visa... We did the Nikkah in Queenstown Mosque, Eastern Cape, SA and it's a recognised mosque

I can authoritatively inform you that if you submit just that Islamic marriage certificate for your Relative Permit, your application will be automatically rejected. The reasons being muslim marriages are not recognized under SA laws. Muslims in CapeTown are still trying to get this bill passed.

Under SA laws, you are both recognised as Life Partners. Which enjoys the same benefits of a Marriage visas as well

What you should do, is first to both sign an Affidavit before a lawyer or use the DHA form 1712-A , attesting that you are both over 18 and in a cohabitation, and in a relation that exclude other other parties and that you will or are already sharing bills. Sign that form and take to a lawyer or get it certified and signed before a police officer at a Police Station.

Thereafter, include a letter explaining why you married in the Islamic way and submit your application.

I can guarantee you, only then you will be issued a Relative Permit.

Very important to note, on any forms or the VFS, you are NOT applying for a Spousal Visa but a RELATIVE Visa. The are two different things. Spouse visas are for those who are married either in Court or under customary South African marriages e.g paying lobola etc. The issuance of a Marriage certificate in this case gives you full right to apply for Spousal permit.

If you want to work, study or conduct your own business with that Relative Visa, then include relevant documents which will come with conditions to either Work, or Study or Conduct Business

Spousal visas and/or Life Partner Visas are now called “ Visitor’s Visa ( 11(6)- To accompany spouse and work/study etc
If you have further questions, please feel to ask

Al the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mekuscato: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
please what is the cost and documents for SAQA evaluation for masters in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nadratan: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
Manager007:

I can authoritatively inform you that if you submit just that Islamic marriage certificate for your Relative Permit, your application will be automatically rejected. The reasons being muslim marriages are not recognized under SA laws. Muslims in CapeTown are still trying to get this bill passed.

Under SA laws, you are both recognised as Life Partners. Which enjoys the same benefits of a Marriage visas as well

What you should do, is first to both sign an Affidavit before a lawyer or use the DHA form 1712-A , attesting that you are both over 18 and in a cohabitation, and in a relation that exclude other other parties and that you will or are already sharing bills. Sign that form and take to a lawyer or get it certified and signed before a police officer at a Police Station.

Thereafter, include a letter explaining why you married in the Islamic way and submit your application.

I can guarantee you, only then you will be issued a Relative Permit.

Very important to note, on any forms or the VFS, you are NOT applying for a Spousal Visa but a RELATIVE Visa. The are two different things. Spouse visas are for those who are married either in Court or under customary South African marriages e.g paying lobola etc. The issuance of a Marriage certificate in this case gives you full right to apply for Spousal permit.

If you want to work, study or conduct your own business with that Relative Visa, then include relevant documents which will come with conditions to either Work, or Study or Conduct Business

Spousal visas and/or Life Partner Visas are now called “ Visitor’s Visa ( 11(6)- To accompany spouse and work/study etc
If you have further questions, please feel to ask

Al the best

Wow!!!... Thanks so much for this information. I am really grateful mehn. Unfortunately, I will be going back to Naija on Sunday but I will try and do the form option before I leave. Regarding the DHA form, does it have to be certified by both lawyer and police?

Do you have an idea how many years will be issued with the relative visa? I am trying to avoid the stress of applying for a visitor's visa everytimeI want to visit my wife. I just need a visa that will enable me move in and out of SA anytime I want.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nadratan:

Wow!!!... Thanks so much for this information. I am really grateful mehn. Unfortunately, I will be going back to Naija on Sunday but I will try and do the form option before I leave. Regarding the DHA form, does it have to be certified by both lawyer and police?

Do you have an idea how many years will be issued with the relative visa? I am trying to avoid the stress of applying for a visitor's visa everytimeI want to visit my wife. I just need a visa that will enable me move in and out of SA anytime I want.

Actually, it's either of the two. But you will never know with Department of Home Affairs, so i would advise you to fulfil all righteousness and have both of you fill and certify that DHA form by a Police officer. Thereafter, you will have a lawyer draft a Notarial contract for Life Partners for you. You both swear and sign to that instrument and you are good to go.

Relative visas are normally always issued for 2 years.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
abdullahi45:

Thanks so much for your response. I am only trying to compare between Bloemfontein, free state and Grahamstawn.

I am going to SA for my postgraduate studies.
I want be informed about security, people's lifestyle, opportunities for students there and other things necessary.

Thanks once again.
@Manager.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
abdullahi45:

@Manager.

When you mentioned that you plannin on undertakin Postgraduate studes in those places, then University of Free State comes to mind and i assume that's where you are headed.

Bloemfontein is a very vibrant city and one advantage it has over Grahamstown (in your case) is that you could get part time jobs in Bloem. Grahamstown is very limited in that aspect.

I must bring to your attention, UFS is notoriously alleged for its language racism. My man, a UFS lecturer in some cases may render a class entirely in Afrikaans( similar to Dutch) knowing fully well there are non-Afrkaans speakers in that class. They even have English and Afrikaans lectures sepearately. But, this was some years ago and things may have changed.

When it comes to choice of where to study in these two cases, it depends largely on the type of person you are. If you are laid back, sociable and not wantin the city vibe then by all means choose Rhodes University.

Food is cheap in Bloem and you can access more economic opportunities there as compared to Grahamstown. When you get to SA you will understand.

What else would you like yo know?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mmaobey: 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
infofta:

Someone I know submitted also on the 5th of January 2018 at vfs Lagos and have not heard from them. People who submitted for visitors visa the same day has been processed and passport returned.
infofta:

Thanks for the info. I am really worried
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
Manager007:

When you mentioned that you plannin on undertakin Postgraduate studes in those places, then University of Free State comes to mind and i assume that's where you are headed.

Bloemfontein is a very vibrant city and one advantage it has over Grahamstown (in your case) is that you could get part time jobs in Bloem. Grahamstown is very limited in that aspect.

I must bring to your attention, UFS is notoriously alleged for its language racism. My man, a UFS lecturer in some cases may render a class entirely in Afrikaans( similar to Dutch) knowing fully well there are non-Afrkaans speakers in that class. They even have English and Afrikaans lectures sepearately. But, this was some years ago and things may have changed.

When it comes to choice of where to study in these two cases, it depends largely on the type of person you are. If you are laid back, sociable and not wantin the city vibe then by all means choose Rhodes University.

Food is cheap in Bloem and you can access more economic opportunities there as compared to Grahamstown. When you get to SA you will understand

What else would you like yo know?
Thanks so much for response.
Can you tell me about security?
Finally, what are those things i need to request from my landlord in SA to include in my visa application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nadratan: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
Manager007:

Actually, it's either of the two. But you will never know with Department of Home Affairs, so i would advise you to fulfil all righteousness and have both of you fill and certify that DHA form by a Police officer. Thereafter, you will have a lawyer draft a Notarial contract for Life Partners for you. You both swear and sign to that instrument and you are good to go.

You too much boss... Thanks so much... I will update you on the progress
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dudubery: 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
Mmaobey:

Glad i’m not alone, i submitted 14th november, nothing yet. Its just annoying!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dudubery: 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
Mmaobey:
Please house am really in need of the phone number of south african high commission Abuja. I submitted onĺ the 10th of Nov till now no reply. I was told at the vfs that it going to take about 20 working days please reply me. Thank u

I was told same thing o, 20 working days �I don taya!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 7:44am On Jan 17, 2018
Morning, if u want to study in SA start applying for your visa oo. Cos sometimes it takes time and sometimes it doesn't. My frnd that renewed her visa last year was delayed ehn. Before her visa came out we already spent like 3weeks /1month in class. So she had to forfeit the first semester. Schools are opening soon oo, just start applying to avoid stories at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2018
Has anyone applied for study permit this year and gotten it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nadratan: 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
Manager007:

I found this on home affairs website: "Proof that applicant has been the spouse of a citizen or permanent resident for five years. A notarial agreement signed by both parties attesting that –(i) the permanent spousal homosexual or heterosexual relationship has existed for at least two years before the date of application for a relevant visa or permanent residence permit and that the relationship still exist to the exclusion of any other person and (ii) neither of the parties is a spouse in an existing marriage or a permanent homosexual or heterosexual relationship"
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nadratan:

I found this on home affairs website: "Proof that applicant has been the spouse of a citizen or permanent resident for five years. A notarial agreement signed by both parties attesting that –(i) the permanent spousal homosexual or heterosexual relationship has existed for at least two years before the date of application for a relevant visa or permanent residence permit and that the relationship still exist to the exclusion of any other person and (ii) neither of the parties is a spouse in an existing marriage or a permanent homosexual or heterosexual relationship"

That is not for initial Relative Visa Application. That is for permanent residency based on 5 year of being together.

If you and your current partner have been together for 5 years, and lets say you and currently, on a study visa, then by all means go ahead and apply for permanent residency. As long as you can show proof of 5 years relationship. One idea is if she's a dual citizen and Nigerian, lets say you both had been dating since college or secondary school day etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.