Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737553 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
Pls,house...how can I book my appointment online for submission in lagos and what do I need to fill online and what is the email...thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by demmysoft: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
infofta:

It is allowed if you or your brother is financially capable. Your brother must be residing legally in SA for him to be the custodial.

Private high schools are expensive too.

Check vfs website for study permit requirements for a minor.
yes, l know thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by innamorat(f): 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
Good day house, please can someone use mtn data over there in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
innamorat:

Nope.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
innamorat:

Awwww. Thanks for your prompt reply, but how long will it take to get his permanent permit.
Your husband is in the best position to know when you join
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
innamorat:
I used my MTN to browse when I got to OR Tambo airport, but the following day my line was not browsing. I later resorted to SA MTN data line.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
innamorat:

Awwww. Thanks for your prompt reply, but how long will it take to get his permanent permit.

After holding a work permit for five years or immediately after obtaining a critical skill work permit with proof of employment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
]Good day gurus. Please I will like to know if am suppose to fill a separate form for my little boy of 5yrs? Cos it's d whole family that's planning to go : me, wifey n our son. Gurus abeg talk oooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lamide718: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello house, I am an administrative staff of one of the federal university in Nigeria with annual gross of a little bit above 1million. I recently apply for a Master program in a south Africa university waiting for the university to reply anytime from next week. My question is about financial bank statement in visa application process. One, can I use my salary account as a self sponsor. Note: cooperative contribution, and other charges are deducted from the source. Two, how much is advisable to have in my account balance, and lastly can I use my uncle as my sponsor even duo we bear different surname. Thank you in advance house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by graciousme(f): 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello, Please does anyone have the experience about buying one way ticket to South Africa? My husband is joining me on spousal visa and we are planning to buy the ticket. One way ticket on Ethiopia Airline is the cheapest so far. Hope there wont be any issue with the immigration overthere?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prodam(m): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2018
Payment keep unsuccessful while trying to pay the SAQA fees. I did not get any notification from them nor from my bank.

Any one experienced this issue?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prodam(m): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2018
paulavon:
Take the photocopies and originals of those documents that need certification to any high court, they will certify them for you at N300 each.
The purpose of evaluation was for critical skill Visa.
I am yet to get the evaluation, it is currently in Nigeria with the courier agency, Maybe by Monday.

Hello bro, I am yet to get proof of payment after paying with my master card GTB. I did not get any notificaiton of debit even from my bank. Sent a mail to SAQA they said Authentication was declined I did the same thing, no response. Could you please help

Regards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2018
graciousme:
Hello, Please does anyone have the experience about buying one way ticket to South Africa? My husband is joining me on spousal visa and we are planning to buy the ticket. One way ticket on Ethiopia Airline is the cheapest so far. Hope there wont be any issue with the immigration overthere?

Usually the visa should have "returned ticket waived" on it otherwise it shouldn't be an issue.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hadedee: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
lamide718:
Hello house, I am an administrative staff of one of the federal university in Nigeria with annual gross of a little bit above 1million. I recently apply for a Master program in a south Africa university waiting for the university to reply anytime from next week. My question is about financial bank statement in visa application process. One, can I use my salary account as a self sponsor. Note: cooperative contribution, and other charges are deducted from the source. Two, how much is advisable to have in my account balance, and lastly can I use my uncle as my sponsor even duo we bear different surname. Thank you in advance house.
Good evening,something about proof of financial fund is that you must have an amount of money that can take care of your travels and tuition fees at that present moment in your statement of account, and also a good flow of income , else you would be denied based on financial reasons. I suggest that you have a closing amount of about #1m-3m
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2018
Dayhor:
Hi guys!

Is an offer of employment from a SA start-up firm valid for a critical skills permit application?

Has anyone been or know anyone who’s been in a similar scenario?

Where is it usually better to apply from, regarding approval rate and processing duration - SA or Nigeria?

So long as they are a legal entity and can give you a valid employment contract indicating the you fall under the critical skill permit category , you are good to go. You can even apply for critical skills without job offer so long as you can provide proof of funds to sustain your self for one Year.

It's best you apply from Nigeria.
Change of status on a visitors visa is extremely difficult.

Go to home affairs website, read the requirements and package your application well and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2018
As regards the critical skill Visa, I thought one just needs evidence of proof of funds of R3000. In your opinion what is the minimum amount you think one should have in his statement?

Geenosko:

So long as they are a legal entity and can give you a valid employment contract indicating the you fall under the critical skill permit category , you are good to go. You can even apply for critical skills without job offer so long as you can provide proof of funds to sustain your self for one Year.

It's best you apply from Nigeria.
Change of status on a visitors visa is extremely difficult.

Go to home affairs website, read the requirements and package your application well and you are good to go.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prodam(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
hi paulavon,

How was your certification from SAQA, have you gotten feedback from them/ Which courier agency did u use and its how much?

Regards,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
I have received my SAQA since May, I used DHL, 2 days delivery, it cost N20,750.
prodam:
hi paulavon,

How was your certification from SAQA, have you gotten feedback from them/ Which courier agency did u use and its how much?

Regards,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2018
Guys.

Please which one is cheaper and reliable in buying South Africa ticket

Wakanow
Jumia Travel
Travelstart.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prodam(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
paulavon:
I have received my SAQA since May, I used DHL, 2 days delivery, it cost N20,750.

Thanks great news. What stage are you in now??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
cydophobia:
Guys.

Wakanow
Jumia Travel
Travelstart.

Thank you.

They all sell cheap ticket with relatively low price.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
Dayhor:
Hi guys!

Is an offer of employment from a SA start-up firm valid for a critical skills permit application?

Has anyone been or know anyone who’s been in a similar scenario?

Where is it usually better to apply from, regarding approval rate and processing duration - SA or Nigeria?

@staggerlee @femiaction @samtol4 @dotcomnamename @geenosko

Well, as far as you have any of the critical skills stated in the gazette, and you have the needed documentation, you can apply. If you are within SA just apply. In two weeks you will get it. If you have a valid offer you'd get a 5 year critical skills visa. Whatever you do, make sure all your documentation is valid. If you have an offer, make sure it is with a registered company.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2018
cydophobia:
Guys.

Wakanow
Jumia Travel
Travelstart.

Thank you.

Depends. Each of these travel coys av targets for airlines. Wakanow normally pushes sales for South African airways. While travelstart has slightly lower rates for Rwanda or Kenya airways. Jumia Travel is new in the business. Not sure how their rates are.

But from experience, I've used both wakanow and travelsrart. Travelstart makes you pay heavily for any change to your ticket after it has been booked. Wakanow is more reasonable. Also wakanow has more coverage as they have many travel centers around especially in and out of lag. With travelstart you just have to keep calling customer care if you have issues.

Rates are always slightly cheaper on travelstart tho. Especially for Rwanda and Kenya airways.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2018
geekybabe:

Well, as far as you have any of the critical skills stated in the gazette, and you have the needed documentation, you can apply. [b] If you are within SA just apply [/b]In two weeks you will get it. If you have a valid offer you'd get a 5 year critical skills visa. Whatever you do, make sure all your documentation is valid. If you have an offer, make sure it is with a registered company.
If on a visitor visa, he can't change status.

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: RichestMinds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.