Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1741292 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omix2: 12:52pm On Jan 22
Theophinio:

Sir, Please can a SA tourist visa be extended while still in SA

Am asking because a cousin plans to relocate to SA through tourist visa for hustling purpose

What's your advice or take on this

A tourist visa extension by a maximum of the duration of initial visa (30 days) while in the republic is permitted by the law. However, there is no guarantee that an application for tourist visa extension (via VFS) would be approved, unless extenuating circumstances are demonstrated. So, unless it's for medical or skilled professional reasons, a 30-day extension isn't worth the hassle.
Relocate via legal means or stay wherever you are a legal resident, and make a meaningful living there. That plan is simply a path to a harsh reality and an eventually rude awakening.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 2:19pm On Jan 22
Omix2:

A tourist visa extension by a maximum of the duration of initial visa (30 days) while in the republic is permitted by the law. However, there is no guarantee that an application for tourist visa extension (via VFS) would be approved, unless extenuating circumstances are demonstrated. So, unless it's for medical or skilled professional reasons, a 30-day extension isn't worth the hassle.
Relocate via legal means or stay wherever you are a legal resident, and make a meaningful living there. That plan is simply a path to a harsh reality and an eventually rude awakening.

Well put. It's almost impossible to make an honest living in the Republic now as an illegal resident. Bank accounts, home rentals, job applications all require evidence of legal residence so you'd be at people's mercy even to survive (even your naija people go really exploit you). It's such a terrible idea.

There was a time people tried to use refugee applications to change their visa status but that is now terribly oversubscribed. People caught up in that process are really biting their fingers.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KingstonDome: 9:17pm On Jan 22
Please I am trying to apply for SA e visa and I was asked for SA physical address. What do I fill in this part cos I can’t book an apartment in a country I don’t have visa for.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Theophinio(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22
Omix2:

Thanks very much boss for this candid advice

I will explain exactly what you explained here to my cousin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kennysha(m): 10:32pm On Jan 22
Hello House,
I applied for E-visa on the 10th of January,2024. The E-visa was approved today 22nd of January, 2024. Though it was stated on the visa that I must leave Nigeria on the 11th of Feb and come back on the 20th of February, 2024 because I'm going for a 5 day workshop in Boksburg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 3:14am On Jan 23
To all students and visitors traveling to SA. See attached document. Ensure your documents are complete at the port of entry to avoid situations like this.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KingstonDome: 8:26am On Jan 23
KingstonDome:
Please I am trying to apply for SA e visa and I was asked for SA physical address. What do I fill in this part cos I can’t book an apartment in a country I don’t have visa for.

Please can anyone help?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KingstonDome: 8:27am On Jan 23
hunee:
Hi, i stopped responding to the mails, because there were too many double faced people seeking assistance. I found that very unpleasant.
If you need any guidance further, please drop your message here.
Regards

Hello Please I am trying to apply for SA e visa and I was asked for SA physical address. What do I fill in this part cos I can’t book an apartment in a country I don’t have visa for.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 8:45am On Jan 23
Hotel reservation will do.
KingstonDome:

Hello Please I am trying to apply for SA e visa and I was asked for SA physical address. What do I fill in this part cos I can’t book an apartment in a country I don’t have visa for.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KingstonDome: 9:24am On Jan 23
hunee:
Hotel reservation will do.

Directly with the hotel or with booking.com and one other thing.

I don’t intend on staying at that hotel rather I will want to get an airbnb. Hope it won’t cause me any problems upon entry or so.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:25am On Jan 23
Is this your first time traveling?
KingstonDome:

Directly with the hotel or with booking.com and one other thing.

I don’t intend on staying at that hotel rather I will want to get an airbnb. Hope it won’t cause me any problems upon entry or so.
when did you apply for this visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KingstonDome: 10:06am On Jan 23
hunee:
Is this your first time traveling?
when did you apply for this visa.

Yes it is my first time applying for a visa. I have been to just Ghana.

I am in the process of my e visa application and got stuck at the physical address part.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:30am On Jan 23
Please do as advised. other questions are secondary
KingstonDome:

Yes it is my first time applying for a visa. I have been to just Ghana.

I am in the process of my e visa application and got stuck at the physical address part.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KingstonDome: 10:32am On Jan 23
hunee:

Thank you I will update you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ogheneyoma: 11:23am On Jan 23
Dear all,
Pls i applied for SA visa on 3/01/2024. The status still shows “awaiting adjudication outcome” but i noticed the payment status changed to “READYBATCH” this morning. What does this mean please? Its a tourist visa for my brother’s wedding in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fikkyville(m): 10:11am On Jan 24
thank you for this information please i am so sorry to border you , i want to visits south Africa as a tourist for my holiday and i wil like to do it all by myself, please i will appreciate if you can help guide me through the process
2 the website
the requirement as i have read online but its complicated for me .
and how to fill the online form and the website .
and please where is the submissions center after completing the online form am i going to print and go with all my document to the embassy or i will submit online .thank you
koffeed:

1-You don't necessarily need the booking to last two whole weeks. you just need to be able to book with a reference number and a booking itinerary to showcase them. don't worry if it expires 72 hours if you don't physically purchase the ticket. You can use South African Airways on their website and choose the option pay later to get your booking.

2-As of today that information is categorically false. You will not be denied based on your visa being e-visa. initially in the early stages of evisa, most border agents at the airports had little knowledge about it hence why they needed to verify in South Africa be it Tambo airport, or any other airport but its been over a year now and I presume they've have the necessary training to get use to it by now. if anyone gives you trouble at the airpot just ask to speak to the supervisor. All airports in south Africa will give you access to the country provided you have your evisa paper document stating the validity of the visa, there is a bar scan code on it that they can now officially scan so you shouldn't have an issue, that bar code is the same as getting a physical stamp at the embassy.

3-South is not the only country practicing evisa so don't worry about layovers before reaching your final destination in South Africa. what's important is which ever country you transit through ensure that your Nigerian passport gives you a no visa needed to transit through that country, that's what is important. for instance if you need to go through Ghana you won't need it because of the Ecowas agreement but per say if you have to transit through Other countries in the south then verify online that Nigeria is visa exempt. Now if you need direct flight with little stress look into South African Airways as an option.

4- You do not need a police and medical clearance as a tourist visa. Now with that being said if you state on your evisa application that you've lived in another country for more than 12months the evisa system will ask you to include a police clearance for that country you resided in for more than 12months besides your actual country of citizenship. make Sure to avoid this part. Medical report is only needed if you decided to complicate things and say on the application that you have certain medical issues. Besides this medical report is needed if you are applying as a business visa which grants you long permanent stay to run and start a business in South Africa or if you are applying for anything besides tourist visa.

Cheers and pardon any typo you may come across on my reply. too exhausted to edit

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24
hunee:
Hi, i stopped responding to the mails, because there were too many double faced people seeking assistance. I found that very unpleasant.
If you need any guidance further, please drop your message here.
Regards
No oroblem. The mail was not actually for help. Just wanted to tell you my experience at OR Tambo how their immigration wanted to obtain bribe from me because our flight was changed to next day and we will be over staying by that 1 day. Men Nigeria immigration is better than them in OBT
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 4:40pm On Jan 24
vozkini:

No oroblem. The mail was not actually for help. Just wanted to tell you my experience at OR Tambo how their immigration wanted to obtain bribe from me because our flight was changed to next day and we will be over staying by that 1 day. Men Nigeria immigration is better than them in OBT
No lies bros.

We know BMA is very comprised. Even when they act like saints most of the time.

I have read numerous complaints of people
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ogheneyoma: 11:05am On Jan 25
Dear all, i really need help. My visa status still shows “awaiting adjudication outcome” my flight is in 7 days for the wedding in SA. Pls if there is any contacts i can reach out to, i will greatly appreciate. We ve sent mails to their official mail addresses on the DHA website, but no response till now.

@hunee pls help/advise me. This is very heartbreaking for i and my husband right now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Poetchi: 11:38am On Jan 25
Hello house, please can e-Visa be extended? I see the option is available on the portal, so I am wondering who has used this before while in the country and if it was successful? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Coolhaywhy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 25
hunee:

Please @hunee.

This is my first time applying for a South African Business visa.

Can I apply for it through the e-visa option or I will have to submit the application physically at VFS?

Does it make any difference applying either for e-visa or physical submission?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 2:27pm On Jan 25
Apply for business visa at lekki or cbd abuja center of vfs. Faster than evisa, that is if your travel date is close.
Coolhaywhy:

Please @hunee.

This is my first time applying for a South African Business visa.

Can I apply for it through the e-visa option or I will have to submit the application physically at VFS?

Does it make any difference applying either for e-visa or physical submission?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Coolhaywhy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 25
hunee:
Apply for business visa at lekki or cbd abuja center of vfs. Faster than evisa, that is if your travel date is close.

@hunee

Many thanks for your swift response. It was helpful and am grateful.

Regards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ogheneyoma: 3:08pm On Jan 25
ogheneyoma:
Dear all, i really need help. My visa status still shows “awaiting adjudication outcome” my flight is in 7 days for the wedding in SA. Pls if there is any contacts i can reach out to, i will greatly appreciate. We ve sent mails to their official mail addresses on the DHA website, but no response till now.

@hunee pls help/advise me. This is very heartbreaking for i and my husband right now.

Someon help please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:02pm On Jan 25
Hello. The dha confirms that they have backlogs. I want to also implore you to contact the home affairs call centre available on their websites.
ogheneyoma:

Someon help please
I do hope you can meet up.
Goodluck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:03pm On Jan 25
You welcome.
Coolhaywhy:

@hunee

Many thanks for your swift response. It was helpful and am grateful.

Regards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by profdam(m): 8:36pm On Jan 25
Wow! That's a lot of emails. Though, that's strange because I shared the same email addresses with a colleague few days ago and he got the visa the same day he sent his email as well. Do you attach all the required documents to your emails and make it explanatory?

dynamicd28:

I sent to the same emails on 28/12/2024 no response. I have sent 34 emails as at today to Hacc since 4/12/2023. My application was submitted 3 months and 6 days ago smiley grin The grind continues. we will get it lol

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ogheneyoma: 9:47am On Jan 26
hunee:
Hello. The dha confirms that they have backlogs. I want to also implore you to contact the home affairs call centre available on their websites.
I do hope you can meet up.
Goodluck.

Thanks @hunee. We sent a mail and got a response this morning that the application is being worked on. They went further to give us another contact to reach for urgent assistance. I really hope this comes through for us.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ogheneyoma: 9:48am On Jan 26
profdam:
Wow! That's a lot of emails. Though, that's strange because I shared the same email addresses with a colleague few days ago and he got the visa the same day he sent his email as well. Do you attach all the required documents to your emails and make it explanatory?

Wow! Am really banking on this that we get ours as seamless as you and your colleague has gotten theirs. I tap into this testimony oh😃😃

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.