Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,209 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729274 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teeeeee(f): 12:33pm On Feb 14
Hi, please i got this from the SA embassy and it’s a bit confusing because i only uploaded docs that applied to me when i was applying. Now, I am unable to upload docs again. Please has anyone faced a similar challenge? How did you solve it?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dynamicd28(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14
dynamicd28:
Hello guys , This is to update you on my progress :

I applied for DHA evisa

on 3/10/2023, completed payment and documents upload on 12/10/2023.

45 days after I completed payment and document upload I sent an email hacc on 27/11/2023 to follow up on the application but there was no reply.

On 4/12/2023 I received an email notifying of correspondence on my dash board .On the dashboard it showed :

Application Status : complete
Progress Status : Adjudication outcome received.

However there was no link to download the the document containing the correspondence.

I have seen several posts here with people experiencing this, sent an email to Hacc and the eye button appeared within hours or at most a few days.

I wrote several emails to Hacc but the eye button never showed up on my dashboard.

They replied twice . The first reply, they asked me to look for the eye button . I checked all over my dashboard but there was no eye button.

In the last one month I sent almost 32 emails with screen shot of my dashboard showing no eye button or document.

They replied again this week stating that their records show that an outcome has been issued . Again they asked me to still go to the dash board to click on the " outcome", this time they didn't mention the "eye". In the second paragraph of the same mail there was a contradiction to the first paragraph, it read

" An outcome will be communicated with you as soon as the application is finalised."

In addition to Hacc I have written to :
Yusuf.sumons@dha.go.za
Tommy.makhode@dha.gov.za
Shabnam.karachi@dha.go.za
Tshifhiwa.maiwashe@dha.gov.za
Yogie.travern@dha.gov.za
Nischal.jaynaran@dha.gov.za
Rooi.skosana@dha.gov.za

I have read this thread backwards upto more than a year and I have not come across a post with information of outcome download eye button taking a month to appear

Let me know if you have any suggestions on actions I can take in addition to what I have done so far. Thanks

Good day everyone, just a quick update, as at today I have sent 36 emails on the above matter. The latest reply from Hacc signed by Veronica Maluleke asked me to check for a letter obtained under: payment/supporting documents/letters. I checked but there was nothing.

DHA EVISA HISTORY:

Application submission: 3/10/2023
Supporting documents upload completed : 12/10/2023
Time spent waiting for DHA evisa: 4 months

Thanks all for the comments and information on this thread, special thanks to Hunnee, who takes the time to answer/comment on every question regarding DHA evisa.

I have decided to try the sticker Visa application through VFS Abuja. Kindly help with the following questions:

1. There is a notice on the VFS Nigeria website applicable to all South Africa applicants in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Abuja displayed on 18/09/2023, number 3 on the list of documents is Police clearance certificate. I am applying for a short stay visitor's visa and in my experience with previous sticker visa applications prior to covid -19 and more recently with DHA evisa, police clearance was never required. Those that recently applied physically at Abuja VFS, was a police clearance certificate required?

2. If I choose not to pay for the SMS service, will I get email notifications?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:03pm On Feb 14
Hi,
Trust you are fine.
Thank you for the compliment. smiley
Sorry about your ongoing ordeals with the DHA.
Most times, when you do not see the eye icon, the visa was not approved.
This is general observation as many persons has confirmed this to be true.
I advise you re apply for an evisa and attach an appeal letter with your supporting documents explaining what happened in the previous application and your outlook for the present application.
It should be a gentle appeal.
I have sent this advise to someone here who contacted me in the past and it worked.
As regards, sticker visa for SA, Kindly note the processing times. I waited 4 month for mine to be approved and paid about 80k for the entire process last year.
I advise you re- apply and hope for the best this time.
Finally, i recently sent a mail to the home affairs to make some inquiries and the response was thus.
1. If you are applying for a visa, ensure your bank statement is 3 month or more.
2. Ensure you attach a reference letter from your bank.
3. Ensure the first and the last pages of your bank statement are signed and stamped, if not all.
It is also on record as someone here confirmed that banks do not acknowledge the home affairs inquiry on an applicant bank statement on time. These delays in feedbacks lead to rejections of these affected persons. This is an internal affairs not everyone is exposed to. So sometimes if your visa gets rejected, it could be the bank verification process was not successful.

Be sure to carry along your bank by sending them an official email when your application exceeds the processing times especially for first timers.

I wish everyone the best. Goodluck
dynamicd28:

Good day everyone, just a quick update, as at today I have sent 36 emails on the above matter. The latest reply from Hacc signed by Veronica Maluleke asked me to check for a letter obtained under: payment/supporting documents/letters. I checked but there was nothing.

DHA EVISA HISTORY:

Application submission: 3/10/2023
Supporting documents upload completed : 12/10/2023
Time spent waiting for DHA evisa: 4 months

Thanks all for the comments and information on this thread, special thanks to Hunnee, who takes the time to answer/comment on every question regarding DHA evisa.

I have decided to try the sticker Visa application through VFS Abuja. Kindly help with the following questions:

1. There is a notice on the VFS Nigeria website applicable to all South Africa applicants in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Abuja displayed on 18/09/2023, number 3 on the list of documents is Police clearance certificate. I am applying for a short stay visitor's visa and in my experience with previous sticker visa applications prior to covid -19 and more recently with DHA evisa, police clearance was never required. Those that recently applied physically at Abuja VFS, was a police clearance certificate required?

2. If I choose not to pay for the SMS service, will I get email notifications?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15
shocked

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 1:57pm On Feb 16
Hello everyone here. Is it possible to obtain a reprint of a South African police certificate originally issued in December 2023 but not utilized? The person is contemplating applying for a Research visa to South Africa this month and cannot locate the previously issued police certificate.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mzyetty: 4:02pm On Feb 16
My Boss, I and another colleague submitted our documents on the 1st of February as a Group. DHL sent her a message yesterday and her passport was received today with one year visa. I and my other colleague are yet to hear from them after the first message they sent that it was delivered to the Consulate.

We applied as a group, just wondering why they chose to send only hers?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blesyn28: 10:07pm On Feb 16
From my personal experience, airlines usually make troubles with MSc students over return ticket. The few times they have asked me for a return ticket, I have always insisted I am a doctoral student, and then they let me board.

Please NEVER forget your Yellow card when travelling, this is very important

victorAAA:
Hello guys. Thanks for your insightful comments here. I would like to inquire if I need a return ticket for an SA study permit of about 3 years. Also, what are the necessary documents to travel with on a study permit. thanks!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 9:18am On Feb 17
Hi guys ! While filling out the evisa application on DHA... I was asked for Parents details.. Is it compulsory to fill it ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bablojnr: 10:35am On Feb 17
Hello everyone. I am trying to visit all African countries without using a plane as part of a Guinness world record . You can read more about it here.
https://independent.ng/guinness-world-records-nigerian-traveler-sets-to-tour-54-african-countries-by-road-sea/

I'll need to get a South African visa and enter by their land borders eventually which is likely to be an issue. By the time I want to go to South Africa, I'll have gone to other countries like Morocco, Algeria, Kenya etc. I don't have a Schengen visa or travel history to South Africa. I also can't afford to wait til long for the visa because I am chasing a Guinness world record.

My questions are

1Can I use the evisa to go to South Africa by land

2 what can I do to improve my chances of getting a South African visa. Would using an agent help. I could also submit a statement of account with over 15000 dollars in it if necessary. Would that help

3 I am raising money for the Nigerian red cross so I may be able to get help from other red cross organisations across Africa. Would that help

Basically what's the best way to get a South African visa under the circumstances. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Seedorf1993: 5:43pm On Feb 17
Hello house pls, I uploaded all my documents on Vfs Evisa since last month so I wanted to pay for the visa fee but is rejecting my card now I have someone that want to help me pay direct from SA my questions now is hope is not too late to pay for the visa fee cos my bank statement I uploaded ended January there’s no February in it so I don’t know if I can still go ahead pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 3:15am On Feb 18
425 rands on the dha portal, 87 usd on vfs. Proceed seedorf, goodluck
Seedorf1993:
Hello house pls, I uploaded all my documents on Vfs Evisa since last month so I wanted to pay for the visa fee but is rejecting my card now I have someone that want to help me pay direct from SA my questions now is hope is not too late to pay for the visa fee cos my bank statement I uploaded ended January there’s no February in it so I don’t know if I can still go ahead pls.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Seedorf1993: 9:46am On Feb 18
hunee:
425 rands on the dha portal, 87 usd on vfs. Proceed seedorf, goodluck
Thank you very much sir, pls sir can I have the link of the dha portal pls
Thank you sir I think that’s better
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:55am On Feb 18
Seedorf1993:

Thank you very much sir, pls sir can I have the link of the dha portal pls
Thank you sir I think that’s better
https://ehome.dha.gov.za/epermit/login

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Seedorf1993: 11:03am On Feb 18
hunee:

https://ehome.dha.gov.za/epermit/login

Thank you so much sir
I’m grateful for this
God bless you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 1:01pm On Feb 18
dubaiboy1:
Hi guys ! While filling out the evisa application on DHA... I was asked for Parents details.. Is it compulsory to fill it ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 2:18pm On Feb 18
Seedorf1993:

Thank you so much sir
I’m grateful for this
God bless you
Just create profile and get it on.

You welcome as always.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Obianujueo: 5:14pm On Feb 20
lusen:
Hello house,

My passport was delivered today, and I have been granted a South African visitor's visa.

The visa was issued on the 17th of January 2024, and it was stated that I must enter South Africa on or before the 29th of February 2024.

I have a couple of questions:
1) I understand that a tourist visa for South Africa is typically granted for a stay of 3 months in the country. However, the condition on my visa states that I can only be admitted to SA for 30 days. Has there been a recent change to reduce the permitted stay from 3 months (90 days) to 30 days?

2) It was specified on my visa that I must enter SA on or before 29/02/2024. If I arrive in SA on 27/02/2024, am I required to depart the country on or before 29/02/2024, or can I stay in the country for 30 days starting from 27/02/2024?

I would greatly appreciate some clarification on these matters.
Thank you.

Please I need help. I went for my visa appointment 29 Jan, I haven't heard anything or even received one SMS. Please what do I do and who do I contact? My flight is on the 29 Feb, and I have paid
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by donteebalo(m): 5:46pm On Feb 20
Obianujueo:

Please I need help. I went for my visa appointment 29 Jan, I haven't heard anything or even received one SMS. Please what do I do and who do I contact? My flight is on the 29 Feb, and I have paid
You shouldn’t have paid for ticket when you’re yet to get a visa approval. SA take btw two to three months to these days to process visa. I was very fortunate to get an approval on the 15th January 2024 while I applied on the 4th of Dec 2023. That is far beyond one month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:24pm On Feb 20
If it is a business visa, 2-3 weeks
donteebalo:

You shouldn’t have paid for ticket when you’re yet to get a visa approval. SA take btw two to three months to these days to process visa. I was very fortunate to get an approval on the 15th January 2024 while I applied on the 4th of Dec 2023. That is far beyond one month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favourafrica: 10:31am On Feb 21
This was what I got from the embassy that I used a fraudulent account, please how do I go about the letter

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favourafrica: 10:39am On Feb 21
Favourafrica:
This was what I got from the embassy that I used a fraudulent account, please how do I go about the letter

And I need to summit it within 10days, please how do I go about it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 8:10am On Feb 23
If the account is genuine,then get a lawyer to write rebuttal letter add it to those documents,and the refusal letter and reapply
Favourafrica:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 8:41am On Feb 23
Favourafrica:

First things first, did you submit a fraudulent account statement?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favourafrica: 1:03am On Feb 24
Africankel:

First things first, did you submit a fraudulent account statement?

Yes but it’s an old account statement I had since last year and there wasn’t money in it again when I used it to apply. I’m considering not reapplying till further notice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:17am On Feb 24
victorAAA:
Hello guys. Thanks for your insightful comments here. I would like to inquire if I need a return ticket for an SA study permit of about 3 years. Also, what are the necessary documents to travel with on a study permit. thanks!
. You don't need a return ticket .You will need a yellow fever card and perhaps proof of address ( in case the immigration officer ask you where will you stay )
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:20am On Feb 24
chemashie:
Hello everyone here. Is it possible to obtain a reprint of a South African police certificate originally issued in December 2023 but not utilized? The person is contemplating applying for a Research visa to South Africa this month and cannot locate the previously issued police certificate.
Yes ask someone in Pretoria to go their head office and pay a token to obtain one

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 10:20am On Feb 24
Favourafrica:

Yes but it’s an old account statement I had since last year and there wasn’t money in it again when I used it to apply. I’m considering not reapplying till further notice.

You will be placed on a minimum of 5 years ban. Don't bother applying till after then
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favourafrica: 8:48pm On Feb 24
Africankel:

You will be placed on a minimum of 5 years ban. Don't bother applying till after then

But it wasn’t stated that I was banned. It’s only said I can appeal in 10 days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 10:40am On Feb 25
Favourafrica:
it said you have been prohibited

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emmamay10: 12:18pm On Feb 25
Good day people. Please, I need your urgent advice on what to do. I applied to SAQA for my credentials verification this year January. I have made the payment. After some weeks, I received a mail from SAQA, informing me to make a payment ( credential verification payment) to the credential awarding institution, as requested by the institution. I did immediately and forwarded the payment receipt to SAQA as requested by them.

After some days, I contacted my credentials awarding institution to confirm if they have received a mail from SAQA, I was told they are yet to get a mail from SAQA, as regard my credentials verification . I sent a mail to SAQA about the development, no reply up til now.

I sent another email copying both SAQA and my credentials awarding institution, yet nothing.

According to SAQA, I only have 3 weeks for my credentials awarding institution to respond to them , in order to avoid cancellation. This timeline will elapsed this week Wednesday. I don't know what to do.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 9:08pm On Feb 25
Favourafrica:

If you appeal and show evidence that the account isn't fraudulent, you'll escape the ban. Otherwise, you are sure not to step foot in SA till after whatever ban they'll place on you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Observer25: 4:20pm On Feb 26
Can someone move to SA with visiting visa and 5k dollars and make some business moves there for the long term? Asking for my cousin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.