Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group (10796 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic / Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On May 23, 2012
For those who think Afghanistan is still in the stone age, you might want to visit reality, as detailed by an Afghan reporter

Aside from resurfaced roads and highways, refurbished schools and new health clinics, to name just a few, one of the most overlooked aspects of progress in Afghanistan is the wide reach of social mobility. Among the new business class there are numerous examples of individuals who had fled the country on the back of mules, surviving with their families in Pakistani exile on $20 a month.

Today, many of these former refugees are proud owners of successful businesses, looking back at careers that began with simple jobs paid for with hard currency, working as translators for NGOs, being fixers for foreign reporters or simply serving as security guards for the international community's offices.

In the last decades, it has been possible for Afghans to become middle class in one generation. The new middle class stands out for its ethnic and religious diversity and includes women. For a country where for most of its history one had to be born wealthy to be well off, this represents tangible progress.

War is not a solution but Afghanistan is more than 20 times better today than it was under the Taliban 10 times ago. Yes, the group still terrorizes the nation but there is no doubt that the lives of many have improved since the plague has been removed from completely running the nation.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/06/progress-in-afghanistan
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2: Do you understand English ? I said since the US recognize people as terrorists only when the people are killing US citizens, Nigeria and the rest of the world also should not recognize alqaida as terrorists since their only aim is america. Because the americans can't have it both ways, they are always quick to say things like "either you are with us, either you are against us", well I am a Nigerian and a representant of the rest of the globe and I say the same!

You are still not making any sense. So what does Nigeria deciding to embrace terrorists and terrorism to do with this? If the country chooses that, what does it change? You probably need to get over your America hard on to realize you are not making sense. The decision by America is FOR AMERICA not for Nigeria. I would think any sane being would know that.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by maclatunji: 1:57pm On May 23, 2012
Debokan:

It's like you dont understand the effect this pronunciation will have on Nigerian travellers and ordinary business men.

It's like you don't understand the effect of Boko Haram on the families of those they have killed and maimed.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
I don't know why some people like to say things completely out of context.
What about Israel, did american help not work there ?
Moreover we are not asking for US soldiers, no thanks we have our own, what we are asking is for the international community to not allow people to fund boko haram and to not allow boko haram to travel and find refuge abroad.
So now will you stop your false comparison ?

Why do simpletons always want to compare the relationship between Israel and America with other countries.. America and Israel are the same thing - Israel is like America's aircraft carrier in MENA.

America is a trigger happy country, and getting involved would mean hellfire missiles in the nearest future.. How are you even sure Boko Haram isn't America's covert operation in Nigeria, and this is an opportunity for them to get involved directly, and make the situation worse??

I can cite examples of where America has done this in the past - but can you give me an example (No Israel, please) of where America has actually rid any country on this planet off terrorism?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Josh316(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2012
Making or designating them with a Foreign Terrorist org tag will only make them more popular and in addition to giving them unnecessary credit, will now open them paradoxically to bigger support from other FOREIGN terror groups not just Al-qaeda. In addition, many of you who are short-sighted and might not believe you would one day travel, will travel, and then instead of the maximum 30mins to 1hr standing in the immigration queue to get cleared, you would now spend almost 3hrs because you would be profiled and scrutinized extensively. So, unless the US wants to dash us some nice sexy looking Drones to bomb the idiots outta existence, they should hold their peace!
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Youhesh(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2012
shymmex: they're trigger happy fools who just leave everything worse than they actually met it... We can use Somalia, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya etc. as case studies...
Fool, why don't you include Japan, South Korea, Germany, England, Jibouti, Australia and other western European countries in your post. Or did you not know American soldiers are there?
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On May 23, 2012
Josh316: Making or designating them with a Foreign Terrorist org tag will only make them more popular and in addition to giving them unnecessary credit, will now open them paradoxically to bigger support from other FOREIGN terror groups not just Al-qaeda. In addition, many of you who are short-sighted and might not believe you would one day travel, will travel, and then instead of the maximum 30mins to 1hr standing in the immigration queue to get cleared, you would now spend almost 3hrs because you would be profiled and scrutinized extensively. So, unless the US wants to dash us some nice sexy looking Drones to bomb the idiots outta existence, they should hold their peace!

um . . . that already happens. When last you travel?

While I agree with some of what you have there, I do need to point out here that what matters to Americans is anything that concerns them or affects them. The world already seems to believe our Government is not serious about this fight against the terrorists that continue to blow it's own citizens up on a regular basis. Do other countries now wait for us to get our acts together before acting to protect themselves the way they know to?

A recent report in our papers suggested that the UN has already marked Boko Haram as a Terrorist group. If any damage is to be done, I think it already has, and it has more to do with our handling of Boko Haram, than the decisions made by the UN, US or any other country out there.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On May 23, 2012
Youhesh: Fool, why don't you include Japan, South Korea, Germany, England, Jibouti, Australia and other western European countries in your post. Or did you not know American soldiers are there?

grin
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
Look, I probably have more knowledge of America than you, the examples you are giving are s.tupid. And saying Israel is a state of america is a simplistic view of things, the truth is Israel is to america what ghana is to Nigeria.
And why say things without any possible proof like : boko haram is america's covert mission in Nigeria.
if you had said we should be suspicious of america and monitor people coming from that country I would have agreed, but why say things without proof ? Conspiracy terrorist/theorist.

Loool at having more knowledge of America, the most unpredictable country in the world than me...

How is Israel to AMerica, what Ghana is to Nigeria?? The last time I checked, we don't give Ghana over $3billion in aid every year... Israel is the only PERMANENT friend America has in the world - and Israel is nucleus of America's foreign policy...

I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but if you're a critical thinker, you would put all opinions on the table, when thinking critically about anything.. A look at America's antecedents won't rule the almighty CIA out as being the ones behind Boko Haram... The keyword you need to focus on is "RULE THEM OUT."

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Piyke: 2:26pm On May 23, 2012
Is BH not a terrorist group? the US should give them the label joor! I believe if this thing is not checked BH would definitely want to start getting aboard planes. If they had no terrorist blood in them why did they bomb the UN building an international symbol. After all didn't the US say they recovered documents from Osama's house that showed he was in contact with BH
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 23, 2012
Youhesh: Fool, why don't you include Japan, South Korea, Germany, England, Jibouti, Australia and other western European countries in your post. Or did you not know American soldiers are there?

Why are you comparing apples to oranges??

America is present in Djibouti - but is there peace in the horn of Africa? The axis is the most war prone zone in Africa.. Somalia, Ethiopia, and Eritea - and Djibouti is not even the size of Lagos, and their population is less than a million..

As for the other countries you listed - they have nothing in common with the Nigerian situation.. Please, don't cite examples which are out of the context of discourse next time.. Mentioning a bunch of cold war fronts is just stupid, and ignorant - and it shows your IQ is less than 20. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by conyema12(m): 2:32pm On May 23, 2012
vanstanzy:

@ANTITRIBALISM

Yeah to protect the countrys' image is the best thing to do but believe me these politicians are only out to protect their pockets and selfish interests. Do you know what they fear? They cant steal our money and fly it abroad with ease without scrutiny. Once BH is declared FTO then their stealing and wasteful travel spree becomes difficult.
MY GUY FG IS FAR FROM THINKING ABOUT THE COUNTRYS' INTEREST.
BH dont care whether u declare 'em FTO now or later. They'll just keep on killing innocent civilians. Infact, the intended declaration is long overdue and not exactly what we want now. We want total ANNIHILATION of Boko Haram and fast.

Culled out from one of the most intelligent brains... They should move against it nonetheless..cos it will also help us embark on hitch-free travelling.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
I am a mathematician, I am not a philosopher, I only believe things when there is proof. And I hate people who think believing things without proof makes them smarter. A critic thinker believes nothing without proof, even Descartes talks about it.

A critical thinker considers all opinions, and NEVER disregard anything...

If you're truly a mathematician like you claim to be, then you must be a very poor one - because there is no straight answer in mathematics..

A mathematician may tell you 1+1 = 2... And another one would question that, and say 1+1 = 1.. It depends on how you look at it... There is always a possibility in math mathematics.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
You reason like those people who used to be haunting witched in France in those days, they would announce things with absolutely no proof and if you fail to prove them wrong then they will execute you. It is easy to say whatever fallacy you want to say, but disproving them is not easy, the best thing is to say: let us be careful and watch them closely, let us keep an eye on their embassador and secure our borders, and modernize our army and economy. And let us remember everyone is a suspect!

You keep saying proof - ok, show me a proof that CIA isn't behind boko haram??

You want antecedents, and I'll give you a couple...

- CIA created Al qaeda, and ended fighting against the same beast they created.
- CIA created Taliban, and they're fighting against the same beast they created.
- Charles Taylor was funded, and used by CIA, and they ended up demonizing him.
- America was dining with Gaddafi before turning cruise missiles against him.
- Osama bin laden (Tim Osman) was a CIA guy before they turned against him...

As for Boko Haram, do you seriously think a ragtag northern Nigerian group can be as sophisticated, and daring in their in their attacks like they're without serious financial backing, and foreign influence?? If you believe that, then you would believe anything...

And what northern muslim group in the history of Nigeria has ever attacked fellow northern muslims?? Including almost destroying the ancient city of Kano in an attack of the magnitude we saw last year??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
Have you ever studied maths for example in primary school ? because you just said a bunch of rubbish and even an infant could correct you. I think you are confusing mathematicians with psychologists, by the way I would recommend you to see a psychologist.

You're the one acting like a primary school kid... Do you think all mathematicians really believe 1+1 = 2

In computing, 1+1 = 1...

You see how dumb you sound now? grin
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 23, 2012
In primary school maths: 1+0 = 1

In computing: 1+0 = can be 1, or 0

Computing is pure mathematics, in case you don't know, simpleton.

So, you calling yourself a mathematician - and having a linear thought process is ridiculous.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
I feel giving an answer to such an obvious question would be the same as giving a louis vuitton suit to a monkey, but let me answer: You have to read set theory which we build in a first order language. Then you will learn what ordinals are and especially you will learn what finite ordinals are. You lack the verry bases of mathematics, asking that kind of question is OK when you are just in high school but for a university student to ask it, that shows a failed science education. Please don't shame your university by writing their name.

Mumbo jumbo thrash!!!

You sound like one those kids still in primary school lol...

I'm done with you, and please stop calling yourself a mathematician... Just stick to being a sheeple, and an Americophile. undecided
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
Computing is not pure maths it is a brach of computer science. Actually in maths we call this kind of branches applied maths. I did a course about computing in "Université Paris Diderot", it was among the courses in maths logics.
I feel that you know verry little about anything and you are trying to force your opinion on people who know better than you.

Another mumbo jumbo thrash..

I'm done! I thought I was chatting to a 'mathematician' lol.. Faceless forum where people can claim anything smh..
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
Should I also tear my degrees ?
because the degree comes with the title. i can not be having my degrees and declare that I am not a mathematician.
My Professors and colleagues would start believing I have become mad.

You can ask for a refund because mathematicians should never have a linear thought process, that's why there's a lot of possibilities in maths depending on the context...
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Demdem(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2012
Boko is a terrorist group. Period.
Retardeen's govt opposition to this isn't necessarily because of international harassment of Nigerians but becos of their selfish interest. Since evil boko is the same as pdp, it will definitely affect their suicide bomber members. That exactly is the primary reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PRP Party Merges With APC In Abia. Set To Remove Ikpeazu Of PDP / Video: We Will Chase Igbos And Take Their Properties - Tinubu's Wife / Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.