Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group (10798 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic / Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Johndoe100(m): 11:41am On May 23, 2012
ANTITRIBALISM: Though, it's good to protect the image of the country but boko haram are simply a terror group. Lets call a spade a spade or what else can we call them after terrorising the country and killing thousands of people without any tangible reason.

You are very correct but they don't travel, why punish the people boko haram want to kill? The government thinks they can contain them, we should let them try,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by ak47mann(m): 11:46am On May 23, 2012
well but abokis are calling the imperialist to invade nigeria just a matter of time............

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by maclatunji: 11:46am On May 23, 2012
View the current list:
http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

Boko Haram on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram

Boko Haram has been put on the U.S. list of foreign terrorist organisations on Wikipedia by some cheeky fellow:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._State_Department_list_of_Foreign_Terrorist_Organizations
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by maclatunji: 11:49am On May 23, 2012
Johndoe100:

You are very correct but they don't travel, why punish the people boko haram want to kill? The government thinks they can contain them, we should let them try,

Stop playing Ostrich, if you want to travel with dignity around the world as a Nigerian, put your government under pressure to act effectively against Boko Haram instead of being selfish. It is this sort of attitude that is killing this country.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by vanstanzy(m): 11:53am On May 23, 2012
S@NNiE:
AMID pressure on President Barack Obama to formally designate Boko Haram a foreign terrorist organisation (FTO), Nigeria has kicked against the move.

The Federal Government raised its objection to the plan ahead of yesterday’s meeting of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi, with top White House and State Department officials in Washington DC.

Nigeria’s Ambassador to the U.S., Prof. Ade Adefuye, who confirmed Azazi’s meeting with the American officials, said the government was opposed to such a designation because it might subject Nigerian travellers to the kind of intensive search and scrutiny around the world, especially in western capitals and cities after the Farouk Abdulmutallab incident in December 2009.

Ambassador Adefuye in his defence of government’s action, said he feared the likelihood of Nigerians being opened to all kinds of harassments at international airports once such a designation comes from the U.S., including intensive and intrusive body searches.

The envoy said the government would on its own contain the Boko Haram menace as it did in quelling the militancy in the Niger Delta.

As at press time yesterday, Azazi, accompanied by Adefuye, was at a meeting with White House officials and was billed later in the day to attend another parley at the State Department, which has come under pressure both from the American Congress and the Justice Department to declare Boko Haram a global terror group.

As matters now stand, the State Department is in agreement with the Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC and has refused to designate Boko Haram a “foreign terrorist organisation.”

Informed U.S. government sources hinted that the meetings would review the pressure from the American Congress calling for the formal designation of Boko Haram as a terror gang among other counter-terrorism issues.

Top officials of President Barack Obama’s National Security Council at the White House were believed to have met with Azazi yesterday morning, while his meeting at the State Department would be hosted by the country’s Ambassador-at-Large and Co-ordinator for Counter-Terrorism, Daniel Benjamin.

In the past few days, the U.S. media and western news wire had been reporting on plans by some American federal lawmakers to ensure that Boko Haram is designated as a terrorist organization.

The lawmakers argued that the U.S. and global interests had been attacked by the group, citing the suicide bombing of the United Nations (UN) building in Abuja as evidence of the armed group’s intent to harm American interests.

But while the Congressional leaders have been writing the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, demanding such a designation and also threatening to enforce it by way of legislation, some American scholars earlier this week openly opposed the plan.

The letter written by the scholars, numbering 20, included signatories of Dr. Jean Herskovitz, from the State University of New York, former U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, and a Nigerian-born don, Dr. Rita Edozien, from the Michigan State University.

The scholars said if the U.S. goes ahead to designate Boko Haram FTO, it would “internationalise the group’s standing and enhance its status among radical organisations elsewhere.”

Besides, the American intellectuals noted that “should Boko Haram be designated an FTO through this regime, it would be illegal for non-governmental organisations to interact with members of the terror gang – even if the purpose of such contact was to persuade them to renounce violence.”

But some prominent American Congressmen have insisted that the Obama administration must designate the insurgent gang a “foreign terrorist organisation.”

An agency report on Monday quoted Senator Scott Brown, a Republican from Massachusetts, as adding his voice in a letter to Clinton, urging her to designate the group as a terrorist body under U.S. law.

The argument from the lawmakers have been backed up with the reported facts that Boko Haram is linked to al-Qaeda, and also because the group had been linked to 700 killings in Nigeria over the last 18 months.

Last weekend, U.S. Representatives Peter King and Patrick Meehan, chairmen of the House Homeland Security Committee and its Counter-Terrorism Sub-committee in that order, both Republicans wrote to Clinton “suggesting that the administration was moving too slowly on the issue.”

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86979:nigeria-opposes-us-bid-to-tag-boko-haram-terror-group-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559#.T7xyykb4qgg.twitter

The envoy said the government would on its own contain the Boko Haram menace as it did in quelling the militancy in the Niger Delta.

Really, the FG seeks to disgrace itself with this Sh.i.ty statement, they didn't stop militancy in the SS, they just bribed 'em with juicy contracts but still there's some militancy going on there, just check it out. And not wanting Boko Haram to go FTO means the obvious, FG is behind Boko Haram. Daily, Nigerians are getting eye-openers into Boko activities.
Who's GEJ afraid of? That vampire called Buhari or who?
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:53am On May 23, 2012
maclatunji:

Ignorance on display. Was Boko Haram not on rampage during Yar'adua's tenure?

@topic, if the Nigerian government is up to the task of securing the nation, I don't see any reason why the NSA or any other government official would be begging the U.S. not to designate any group bombing and killing Nigerians as a terrorist organisation.

Whatever name they are called does not stop them from being what they are.

If aint mr. Smartypants IamWeezle Tunji...

Please remind me again when the first Boko Bomb went off in Nigeria and their bombing campaign increased both in sophistication, capacity and target..

sashaa:
does this mean that you value your image more than the innocent lives that are continously being lost as a result of this 'terror group' ?
Smh

I'm sorry honey.. Its called self-preservation.. Why should I have a U.S customs agent shove his hand up my arse because Buhari (the sore loser) paid some illiterate cattlefucking normads to cause mayhem in the North to distabilize the government of a Niger Delta president?! I couldnt careless what sort of bomb goes off next as long as it is in the North and dosent affect me in anyway (including being labeled a citizen of a terrorist nation)..

Thank you very much..

BlueMurder:

Your hate for Buhari has seared the left side of your brain! Unreasonable hate induces HBP. Watch it.

Unfortunately, hating Buhari is a waste of my very scare 'hate'.. The Nigga is a loser, is old and will die in the not too distant future either through stroke, Boko IED or natural causes...

Chanchit:
I fink that ur hand wei u dey use press robbish on your keyboard should be amputated, u've always been negative in all ur comments, @least i have read ur comments on 3 diff' stories, and they are all nonsense, bt i won't blame u anyway, na d spirit of okija dey control ur thinking....

So you are one of my secret admirers!! Awww!! Just so you know, I am not gay, dont have cows for you to fhuck and I am Boko Haram proof!!

I am only negative towards Boko Haram sponsors/financiers (Northern Elites), Boko Haram Patrons (Buhari & Atiku), Boko Haram bombers and Cattle-fhuckers

Secondly, why are you hating on me for dissing Buhari?! I see you and your goons dissing Jonathan freely, but when once I call Buhari a Cattle-fhucking Normad person, you take offence.. WHY?!!

You need Jesus!!
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by maclatunji: 12:09pm On May 23, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Please remind me again when the first Boko Bomb went off in Nigeria and their bombing campaign increased both in sophistication, capacity and target..

You mean "If it aint" not "If aint". You cannot even speak Ghetto-English right, you need help. tongue

Knock your ignorance out with this http://www.irinnews.org/Report/93909/NIGERIA-Timeline-of-Boko-Haram-activity and this again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram

It is okay to be ignorant, just don't present it for public consumption. tongue
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Chanchit: 12:13pm On May 23, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

I'm sorry honey.. Its called self-preservation.. Why should I have a U.S customs agent shove his hand up my arse because Buhari (the sore loser) paid some illiterate cattlefucking normads to cause mayhem in the North to distabilize the government of a Niger Delta president?! I couldnt careless what sort of bomb goes off next as long as it is in the south and dosent affect me in anyway (including being labeled a citizen of a terrorist nation)..

Thank you very much..

Unfortunately, hating Buhari is a waste of my very scare 'hate'.. The Nigga is a loser, is old and will die in the not too distant future either through stroke, Boko IED or natural causes...

So you are one of my secret admirers!! Awww!! Just so you know, I am not gay, dont have cows for you to fhuck and I am Boko Haram proof!!

I am only negative towards Boko Haram sponsors/financiers (Northern Elites), Boko Haram Patrons (Buhari & Atiku), Boko Haram bombers and Cattle-fhuckers

Secondly, why are you hating on me for dissing Buhari?! I see you and your goons dissing Jonathan freely, but when once I call Buhari a Cattle-fhucking Normad person, you take offence.. WHY?!!

You need Jesus!!

who will admire someone dt drinks blood frm okija shrine...?
Secret admirer my foot, u beta go and phuck ur okija shigidi..
Dts y i always pass by, whenever i see ur dumb comments.. I no even knw how service reach dt ur shrine sef...
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by vanstanzy(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2012
ANTITRIBALISM: Though, it's good to protect the image of the country but boko haram are simply a terror group. Lets call a spade a spade or what else can we call them after terrorising the country and killing thousands of people without any tangible reason.

@ANTITRIBALISM

Yeah to protect the countrys' image is the best thing to do but believe me these politicians are only out to protect their pockets and selfish interests. Do you know what they fear? They cant steal our money and fly it abroad with ease without scrutiny. Once BH is declared FTO then their stealing and wasteful travel spree becomes difficult.
MY GUY FG IS FAR FROM THINKING ABOUT THE COUNTRYS' INTEREST.
BH dont care whether u declare 'em FTO now or later. They'll just keep on killing innocent civilians. Infact, the intended declaration is long overdue and not exactly what we want now. We want total ANNIHILATION of Boko Haram and fast.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2012
maclatunji:

You mean "If it aint" not "If aint". You cannot even speak Ghetto-English right, you need help. tongue

Knock your ignorance out with this http://www.irinnews.org/Report/93909/NIGERIA-Timeline-of-Boko-Haram-activity and this again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram

It is okay to be ignorant, just don't present it for public consumption. tongue

Thanks for the correction.. And the links..

But did you notice that it wasnt until 2011 after Buhari and Atiku had failed in their election bids did the bombs start dropping and the dynamics of their attacks change!!

Check am na!!

Oke a'mam i'he is bad.. 'Over-sabi is bad'..

When did Boko Haram first start using bombs in their attacks?!!

Answer 29th May 2011... angry

You have been schooled!!
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2012
Chanchit:
who will admire someone dt drinks blood frm okija shrine...?
Secret admirer my foot, u beta go and phuck ur okija shigidi..
Dts y i always pass by, whenever i see ur dumb comments.. I no even knw how service reach dt ur shrine sef...

Blood from Okija!! I laff like Boko Haram Poster boy Abumutallab!!

My guy!! Free me biko!! Mr wise guy, I gree for you!!
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Beaf1: 12:23pm On May 23, 2012
Deleted
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2012
Beaf!:
^
aRE YOU JOBLESS
@The guy posting this 'jobless' thing please.

And retarded and shoud be on the psycho watchlist of all countries
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by maclatunji: 12:28pm On May 23, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Thanks for the correction.. And the links..

But did you notice that it wasnt until 2011 after Buhari and Atiku had failed in their election bids did the bombs start dropping and the dynamics of their attacks change!!

Check am na!!

Oke a'mam i'he is bad.. 'Over-sabi is bad'..

When did Boko Haram first start using bombs in their attacks?!!

Answer 29th May 2011... angry

You have been schooled!!

You have to understand that Boko Haram suffered heavy losses when it confronted the Nigerian Army/Police in open battle in July 2009. It would have taken time for it to go underground, plan and change its tactics to more of guerrilla warfare laced with terrorism. We all hate it but bombs and suicide bombings grab attention both locally and internationally. No doubt, there are some elements trying to use Boko Haram but the major group we are all screaming about would still be fighting if a Northerner were to be in power and implements the same pathetic strategies that the GEJ administration is using to fight against it at the moment.

It is foolish to tow the GEJ line which goes thus: "these things are happening because they don't want me to rule."
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by norrisman: 12:29pm On May 23, 2012
The problem is not travelling morons. You will not be subject to any more disgracefull searches than you currently experienceat foreign airports. The main problem is once BH is labeled a foreign terrorist organisation bu the imperialists, Nigeria loses its sovreignty as the imperialists and zionist governments can blow a whole district in say Ikeja or Ikoyi to smitherings without any comebacks (The imperialist and zionists run the UN and do not recognise the jurisdiction of the ICC) if they suspect one BH member is in the area.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 23, 2012
Good move!! From hindsight, everywhere America goes with their war on anything (e.g. Terrorism and Drugs) - rather than helping to solve the problem, they exacerbate the whole thing.. America is not the best country in the world to help solve any problem - they're trigger happy fools who just leave everything worse than they actually met it... We can use Somalia, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya etc. as case studies...

I believe in the Nigerian Armed Forces (no matter what naysayers say) - and their track record shows they're one of the best (if not the best), when it comes to conflict resolution on the African continent.. Boko Haram would have been flushed out if we had a strong president - but it's never too late.

America needs to worry about itself, no one made them the overseer of the world.. Drones flying over Nigeria would be disastrous... We're complaining about Boko Haram now, just wait till their hellfire missiles start dropping.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by hyman288: 12:37pm On May 23, 2012
S@NNiE:
AMID pressure on President Barack Obama to formally designate Boko Haram a foreign terrorist organisation (FTO), Nigeria has kicked against the move.

The Federal Government raised its objection to the plan ahead of yesterday’s meeting of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi, with top White House and State Department officials in Washington DC.

Nigeria’s Ambassador to the U.S., Prof. Ade Adefuye, who confirmed Azazi’s meeting with the American officials, said the government was opposed to such a designation because it might subject Nigerian travellers to the kind of intensive search and scrutiny around the world, especially in western capitals and cities after the Farouk Abdulmutallab incident in December 2009.

Ambassador Adefuye in his defence of government’s action, said he feared the likelihood of Nigerians being opened to all kinds of harassments at international airports once such a designation comes from the U.S., including intensive and intrusive body searches.

As at press time yesterday, Azazi, accompanied by Adefuye, was at a meeting with White House officials and was billed later in the day to attend another parley at the State Department, which has come under pressure both from the American Congress and the Justice Department to declare Boko Haram a global terror group.

As matters now stand, the State Department is in agreement with the Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC and has refused to designate Boko Haram a “foreign terrorist organisation.”

Informed U.S. government sources hinted that the meetings would review the pressure from the American Congress calling for the formal designation of Boko Haram as a terror gang among other counter-terrorism issues.

Top officials of President Barack Obama’s National Security Council at the White House were believed to have met with Azazi yesterday morning, while his meeting at the State Department would be hosted by the country’s Ambassador-at-Large and Co-ordinator for Counter-Terrorism, Daniel Benjamin.

In the past few days, the U.S. media and western news wire had been reporting on plans by some American federal lawmakers to ensure that Boko Haram is designated as a terrorist organization.

The lawmakers argued that the U.S. and global interests had been attacked by the group, citing the suicide bombing of the United Nations (UN) building in Abuja as evidence of the armed group’s intent to harm American interests.

But while the Congressional leaders have been writing the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, demanding such a designation and also threatening to enforce it by way of legislation, some American scholars earlier this week openly opposed the plan.

The letter written by the scholars, numbering 20, included signatories of Dr. Jean Herskovitz, from the State University of New York, former U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, and a Nigerian-born don, Dr. Rita Edozien, from the Michigan State University.

The scholars said if the U.S. goes ahead to designate Boko Haram FTO, it would “internationalise the group’s standing and enhance its status among radical organisations elsewhere.”

Besides, the American intellectuals noted that “should Boko Haram be designated an FTO through this regime, it would be illegal for non-governmental organisations to interact with members of the terror gang – even if the purpose of such contact was to persuade them to renounce violence.”

But some prominent American Congressmen have insisted that the Obama administration must designate the insurgent gang a “foreign terrorist organisation.”

An agency report on Monday quoted Senator Scott Brown, a Republican from Massachusetts, as adding his voice in a letter to Clinton, urging her to designate the group as a terrorist body under U.S. law.

The argument from the lawmakers have been backed up with the reported facts that Boko Haram is linked to al-Qaeda, and also because the group had been linked to 700 killings in Nigeria over the last 18 months.

Last weekend, U.S. Representatives Peter King and Patrick Meehan, chairmen of the House Homeland Security Committee and its Counter-Terrorism Sub-committee in that order, both Republicans wrote to Clinton “suggesting that the administration was moving too slowly on the issue.”

there is no need crying over a spilt milk,us should go ahead and name boko haram as a terrorist gang,cos Gej has not done anytin to curb boko haramhttp://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86979:nigeria-opposes-us-bid-to-tag-boko-haram-terror-group-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559#.T7xyykb4qgg.twitter
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Chanchit: 12:49pm On May 23, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Blood from Okija!! I laff like Boko Haram Poster boy Abumutallab!!

My guy!! Free me biko!! Mr wise guy, I gree for you!!
You are free in JESUS name.....
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by novaman: 12:52pm On May 23, 2012
I believe the FG is right on that one because for the first time they are thinking right, Boko Haram is actually a football club aim to join the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) its not s muslim club even if many of its members live in the northern part of the country, we should all support them in order for them to play in the champions league and maybe play against Chelsea in the world club cup
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by novaman: 12:56pm On May 23, 2012
Boko Haram FC of Northern Nigeria (BHFC); if you are a fantastic football proceed to the head office of Boko just near Aso Rock, if you miss your way, just ask any serving minister or senator or ask the Land Lord of the Aso Rock Villa, I think I forgot his name, just say you wish to speak to oga
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by fesse(f): 1:09pm On May 23, 2012
Kayusfity: For the 1st time I'm happy with the Nigerian government. Boko bois are a local menace we will over by june. The US should declare biafrans as an international terror group and tribe. Thank you grin

When matured minds are talking brainless kids like you hide under the bed or in the toilet.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by ifihearam: 1:19pm On May 23, 2012
Una dey see how protocol dey go for better country abi? Azazi and the ambassador went through the white house official,then state department aftr which the Justice department but any tom diick and harry would just come and see my dear president.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On May 23, 2012
A senior State Department official told Reuters last week the department was obliged to undertake extensive analysis before adding organizations to the list and said the department was "not stalling or dragging our feet" on Boko Haram.

[size=13pt]A U.S. national security official said on Monday that although most official reporting indicated that Boko Haram was "focused inwardly" in terms of their current attack targets, there was growing evidence that "they don't like Kenya" and that their violent activities were growing.[/size]

Yeah, Nigeria always seeking relevance in the mundane.

Here is the reason why the US is dragging it's feet on listing Boko Haram a terrorist group, as that would suggest that the group's existence directly or indirectly threatens America and it's citizens, which at this point, we are not sure of.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/21/us-nigeria-usa-terrorism-idUSBRE84K0WR20120521

Boko Haram, as far as I am concerned, remains a Nigerian problem. The group has not ventured outside of the Nigerian borders, as far as we know, and the government and ambassadors should spend more time finding solutions to this internal problem than worrying how other's choose to perceive it.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 23, 2012
I don't think any sensible, and patriotic Nigerian would want US to get involved with Boko Haram..

If you think otherwise, tell me one country US has got involved with terrorism that hasn't been worse for it??

Anything US gets involved with is DOOMED...

Somalia in 1991: The country ended up being a FAILED state, and terrorists' haven.
Afghanistan: back to the stone age.
Iraq: worse than it was under Saddam Hussein.
Colombia: still messed up.
Yemen: the new alqeda front, worse than it was before.
Mexico: drug lords still the kings, worse than before.
Libya: from most promising to being a shytehole..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Debokan: 1:42pm On May 23, 2012
maclatunji:

Ignorance on display. Was Boko Haram not on rampage during Yar'adua's tenure?

@topic, if the Nigerian government is up to the task of securing the nation, I don't see any reason why the NSA or any other government official would be begging the U.S. not to designate any group bombing and killing Nigerians as a terrorist organisation.

Whatever name they are called does not stop them from being what they are.

It's like you dont understand the effect this pronunciation will have on Nigerian travellers and ordinary business men.
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2:
The same way Nigeria should not label alqaida and talibans and hezbolla terrorists. We should even allow our citizens fund them. This is what would happen if we were to follow US logics. These b.astards they feel too superior!

You do know you are not making any sense at all. What does it matter if Nigeria chooses to embrace all terrorists?
Re: Nigeria Opposes U.S. Bid To Tag Boko Haram As Terror Group by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 23, 2012
[Dr been

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of When Biafran Soldiers Executed Nigerian Soldiers During The Civil War / PRP Party Merges With APC In Abia. Set To Remove Ikpeazu Of PDP / Tinubu Interested In Welfare Of Igbo Man, Needs Our Support — Kalu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.