Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months (17660 Views)

Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today / Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by omonnakoda: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
Abagworo:

We get our crude oil free and refine. That's simple and it could land at 15 Naira after expenses.

You have the habit of refusing to learn and its very bad. The IMF is not in any form of conspiracy as you presumed I meant but the issue is that many refineries across the world are shutting down because of the saturation in supply of refined products and for private investors to make profit, they need their product exportable after buying from NNPC at international rate. Nigeria does not necessarily need to concern itself with international prices. Cocoa farmers, cassava producers etc are not conditioned to sell locally manufactured product at international price. We can export crude at 100DPB but sell to local refineries at 35DPB and it does not in any way affect our oil exports.
That is the typical childish and illiterate assumption. The crude oil is NOT free it is paid for. Even if you did not pay for it you would still have to account for it in Opportunity cost terms because it has a market value = foregone income anyway it is PAID FOR
You enter into an agreement with the oil companies to spend money looking for oil and they take their share as agreed. If you like you can share yours or do what you like with it.

The workers that bring out the oil from the ground cost money in salaries and benefits as do the machines and exploration costs. People who retired from Mobil in 1990 are still alive collecting pension and benefits where does that money come from?
You think people just shout Holy Ghost fire! for the oil to start flowing?? My guy it is NOT FREE
When our refineries worked they had an allocation of oil at a specified price and the difference between the international price was classed as a "SUBSIDY" which is in essence what it is. As our population has grown as has corruption it has become clear that government cannot check corruption and the fact that there is a huge price differential across our borders means we END UP SUBSIDIZING NIGER BENIN etc. There seems to be no solution to that
If NNPC is to run as a company it cannot give oil away. The "subsidy" must reflect in the BUDGET. That is the way to run business. We must not forget that different states consume oil differently and therefore those that consume the most are getting a HIGHER SUBSIDY. Of course there are distortions e.g a state like EDO might sell huge volumes of fuel even though it is mostly to vehicles in transit.

I asked you before and I ask again what evidence can you provide us to justify your claim about the cost of production of a liter of petrol. where do you get this 15 naira claim from ??

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by shineeye: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
abu12: [size=15pt]what will be the fate of this orient oil refinery, if National Boundary Commission declared that the oil field belong to kogi state. [/size]

Just asking
kogi still dey look into anambra oil wells?if it oil well belong to kogi by now we will no.But it seems like is not so kogi state should look somewhere else,even the new governor to be obaino is from oil community...
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by abu12: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
shine eye: kogi still dey look into anambra oil wells?if it oil well belong to kogi by now we will no.But it seems like is not so kogi state should look somewhere else,even the new governor to be obaino is from oil community...

Has FG lift the suspension on anambra being one of the oil producing oil state?

I think there is some hiding agenda, more than six month now NBC as failed to release their finding.

Just thinking, maybe after obi leave office they will declared.

Politics tinz if I may say
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by omonnakoda: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
omonnakoda:
That is the typical childish and illiterate assumption. The crude oil is NOT free it is paid for. Even if you did not pay for it you would still have to account for it in Opportunity cost terms because it has a market value = foregone income anyway it is PAID FOR
You enter into an agreement with the oil companies to spend money looking for oil and they take their share as agreed. If you like you can share yours or do what you like with it.

The workers that bring out the oil from the ground cost money in salaries and benefits as do the machines and exploration costs. People who retired from Mobil in 1990 are still alive collecting pension and benefits where does that money come from?
You think people just shout Holy Ghost fire! for the oil to start flowing?? My guy it is NOT FREE
When our refineries worked they had an allocation of oil at a specified price and the difference between the international price was classed as a "SUBSIDY" which is in essence what it is. As our population has grown as has corruption it has become clear that government cannot check corruption and the fact that there is a huge price differential across our borders means we END UP SUBSIDIZING NIGER BENIN etc. There seems to be no solution to that
If NNPC is to run as a company it cannot give oil away. The "subsidy" must reflect in the BUDGET. That is the way to run business. We must not forget that different states consume oil differently and therefore those that consume the most are getting a HIGHER SUBSIDY. Of course there are distortions e.g a state like EDO might sell huge volumes of fuel even though it is mostly to vehicles in transit.

I asked you before and I ask again what evidence can you provide us to justify your claim about the cost of production of a liter of petrol. where do you get this 15 naira claim from ??

You enter an agreement with Mobil who are interested in selling oil at MAXIMUM price and every year you MUST provide your own share of RUNNING COST. How will meet up when you are giving it away.Even now Nigeria often defaults the oil companies pay and charges NNPC interest!!
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Abagworo(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
omonnakoda:

Just read this article and its Professor Iyayi and not Abagworo.

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2011/12/29/actual-cost-of-petrol-per-litre-n39-50-says-coalition-to-save-nigeria/

IMF AND “FUEL SUBSIDY” REMOVAL IN NIGERIA by Izielen Agbon

http://seunfakze./2012/01/22/imf-and-fuel-subsidy-removal-in-nigeria-by-izielen-agbon/
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
KenGali:

That was a while ago when Igwe Peter Anugwu led Julius Berger to do roads for it. I believe the Oil Wells have been completed, but the dispute with Kogi state might have forced them to be closed. More importantly the crude production is different from the refinery completion, crude can only be exported as long as the refinery is not complete. Also the oil wells may need to be deviated if Kogi state insists on being used to create problems.

Kogi being used to create problem? When the Oil wells belonging to Kogi state is about to be cornered bY Peter Obi and his cohort, Kogi should be quiet? To me, it is Peter Obi that is creating the problem..
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by omonnakoda: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
Abagworo:

Just read this article and its Professor Iyayi and not Abagworo.

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2011/12/29/actual-cost-of-petrol-per-litre-n39-50-says-coalition-to-save-nigeria/

IMF AND “FUEL SUBSIDY” REMOVAL IN NIGERIA by Izielen Agbon

http://seunfakze./2012/01/22/imf-and-fuel-subsidy-removal-in-nigeria-by-izielen-agbon/
I don't have time to read articles by Professor Babayen! if you have anything to say spit it out. Did Professor Babayen say there is a conspiracy to make Nigerian refineries fail?
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Abagworo(m): 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
omonnakoda:
I don't have time to read articles by Professor Babayen! if you have anything to say spit it out. Did Professor Babayen say there is a conspiracy to make Nigerian refineries fail?

And who said so? You refuse to acknowledge your educational lapses just because of pride. You should pay me for getting you enlightened on an issue you know little or nothing about. Won't get any response from me on this issue again.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by omonnakoda: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
Abagworo: As far back as 2007, I wrote that refinery politics is an international one. Nigeria is being prevented from refining locally as a result of international business interest. The 2 refineries in Port-Harcourt have been frustrated for more than 15 years while the Warri and Kaduna are monuments. The only condition any refinery can operate in Nigeria is if we accept the world bank and IMF condition to sell fuel above international price A.K.A. "removal of subsidy".
THOSE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS ABOVE . Now you are trying to lie and change track
Abagworo:

We get our crude oil free and refine. That's simple and it could land at 15 Naira after expenses.

You have the habit of refusing to learn and its very bad. The IMF is not in any form of conspiracy as you presumed I meant but the issue is that many refineries across the world are shutting down because of the saturation in supply of refined products and for private investors to make profit, they need their product exportable after buying from NNPC at international rate.
YOU ARE A LIAR AND A BAD LIAR TOO

Abagworo:

And who said so? You refuse to acknowledge your educational lapses just because of pride. You should pay me for getting you enlightened on an issue you know little or nothing about. Won't get any response from me on this issue again.
You are an empty dunce.
Everytime I meet you on Nairaland you just lie like a child and do not even have the nous to remember your silly lies from page to page
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
0lumide:

Kogi being used to create problem? When the Oil wells belonging to Kogi state is about to be cornered bY Peter Obi and his cohort, Kogi should be quiet? To me, it is Peter Obi that is creating the problem..

In your oily soup clogged mind,you wish the oil wells belong to kogi.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by EASTSIDAZ: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
omonnakoda:
THOSE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS ABOVE . Now you are trying to lie and change track

YOU ARE A LIAR AND A BAD LIAR TOO

You are an empty dunce.
Everytime I meet you on Nairaland you just lie like a child and do not even have the nous to remember your silly lies from page to page

That clueless abagworo is a miscreant character trolling the walls of NL. I think the best thing is to ignore him totally because it is becoming clearly he is not sane at all. I wonder where he got his gibberish that international community is responsible for Nigerian refineries woes.

@ The topic I have a friend working in Orient Petroleum Awka, he told me that at least the level of work there has got up to 89% completed. That it is a modular refinery, its less complex and its easy to install and operate unlike the complex ones in PH, Warri and Kaduna.

So in a nutshell Orient Refinery is most likely to come on stream anytime this year.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
abu12: [size=15pt]what will be the fate of this orient oil refinery, if National Boundary Commission declared that the oil field belong to kogi state. [/size]

Just asking

Stop dreaming/salivating over what does not belong to you, the history of the area in dispute is well documented,from colonial era till death.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by DisGuy: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
KenGali:

Am not sure I understand your point.

perhaps I didn't understand what you meant by ...

We need to discourage them over the next Six months cause once they start building, they will rather opt to finish even if we complete before them.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2013

Just asking

Stop dreaming/salivating over what does not belong to you, the history of the area in dispute is well documented,from colonial era till date,with concrete colonial documents.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by omonnakoda: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

That clueless abagworo is a miscreant character trolling the walls of NL. I think the best thing is to ignore him totally because it is becoming clearly he is not sane at all. I wonder where he got his gibberish that international community is responsible for Nigerian refineries woes.

@ The topic I have a friend working in Orient Petroleum Awka, he told me that at least the level of work there has got up to 89% completed. That it is a modular refinery, its less complex and its easy to install and operate unlike the complex ones in PH, Warri and Kaduna.

So in a nutshell Orient Refinery is most likely to come on stream anytime this year.
It reflects the same paranoid victim psychology that you find in some minor Nigerian tribes who blame everyone but themselves for their dearth of discernible progress and general retardation
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
abu12:

Has FG lift the suspension on anambra being one of the oil producing oil state?

I think there is some hiding agenda, more than six month now NBC as failed to release their finding.

Just thinking, maybe after obi leave office they will declared.

Politics tinz if I may say

You misread the whole situation,GEJ igbo antecedent is well known,but the Igbo votes alone will not win him the elections, GEJ needs the middle belt votes,releasing the result of that commission which has no option but to give the land to anambra,might paint GEJ as pro Igbo,damage the relationship between GEJ and the middle belt, make the middle belt to re align with the north against GEJ.

So, you are right,the verdict is being delayed for political reasons,but not for the reason you thought.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

You opened this thread on 23rd of May 2012 and the refinery was meant to be commissioned in July 2012

chino11: Anambra spends N4bn on refinery

Jonathan To Commission Orient Refinery In Anambra Within The Next Two Months

Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, yesterday said his administration has spent N4billion on the state-owned Orient Refinery.

He also announced that the contract for the construction of the road leading to the refinery, located in Otuocha, Anambra East Local Government Area, has been awarded at N500million.

The road, according to him, will be completed within the next four months while President Goodluck Jonathan would be in Anambra State within the next two months to commission the refinery.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/46403-anambra-spends-n4bn-on-refinery.html
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by abu12: 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
pazienza:

Stop dreaming/salivating over what does not belong to you, the history of the area in dispute is well documented,from colonial era till date,with concrete colonial documents.

Am not dreaming but just asking,

BTW if anambra have all these document you claim they have, what is keeping anambra from going to court, instead of waiting for national boundary commission to decide if really your colonial document is relevant.
Getting to a year now, did you know what the state revenue would had being? If they had been recognise. As oil producing state. Bro don't fool your self for now.

Obi want to use you guys, immediately obi win his election you will know d truth

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 3:21am On Sep 08, 2013
abu12:

Am not dreaming but just asking,

BTW if anambra have all these document you claim they have, what is keeping anambra from going to court, instead of waiting for national boundary commission to decide if really your colonial document is relevant.
Getting to a year now, did you know what the state revenue would had being? If they had been recognise. As oil producing state. Bro don't fool your self for now.

Obi want to use you guys, immediately obi win his election you will know d truth

A lot is at stake, i have given you the reason for the decision to delay that verdict. Chill bro, time will reveal all hidden things.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 9:49am On Nov 23, 2023
Obi the scammer
Where is the refinery

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2023
chino11:
Anambra spends N4bn on refinery

Jonathan To Commission Orient Refinery In Anambra Within The Next Two Months

Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, yesterday said his administration has spent N4billion on the state-owned Orient Refinery.

He also announced that the contract for the construction of the road leading to the refinery, located in Otuocha, Anambra East Local Government Area, has been awarded at N500million.

The road, according to him, will be completed within the next four months while President Goodluck Jonathan would be in Anambra State within the next two months to commission the refinery.

Obi spoke during the flag-off of the last lap of Immunisation Campaign Exercise and total eradication of polio in the state at the Regina Caeli Hospital in Awka.

While donating an ambulance to the hospital, the governor promised that all mission hospitals performing well in the state will get an ambulance each to function better.

He also said all accredited eight nursing schools, where hostels are being built, have received N60 million each.

According to him; "What we are doing is to change the face of Anambra State and we are not giving up.

‘’Our commitment is to work but traditional rulers and other stakeholders should help us in advising contractors to be serious and to work to specification."

The Commissioner for Health, Prof Amobi Illika, said Anambra State had been polio free in the last six years and will remain so.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/46403-anambra-spends-n4bn-on-refinery.html
why nobody is asking for the refinery after wasting 4billon

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by aderadio1: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
why nobody is asking for the refinery after wasting 4billon
Exactly just like Lekki Airport, 4Th mainland bridge, Onitcha monorail, PH monorail, Osun Airport and many others litred everywhere in Nigeria.
Why is our leaders this wicked?
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by justified007: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2023
Where is the refinery?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by aieromon(m): 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
justified007:
Where is the refinery?

I believe the money was used to fund oil exploration activities as the refinery project is clearly AUDIO. OPR was the first private company to receive a refinery license from FG in 2004.

History was yesterday made in the country as the president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo performed the foundation laying ceremony of Nigeria's first Private refinery, Orient Petroleum Refinery (OPR) at Nsugbe-Umuleri, Anambra East Council Area of Anambra State.

The parent company Orient Petroleum Resource ltd, (OPRL) was licensed in June, 2002, by the Federal Government to construct a Private refinery with a 55,000 b/d, while at the same time granting the company two petroleum prospecting license blocks to provide a dependable source of crude oil feed stock to Orient Refinery as a way of providing long term security for the huge investment in the refinery.

https://allafrica.com/stories/200604210438.html

As of 2021, OPR was not listed as a licensee by DPR.

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-dangote-waltersmith-private-refineries-licensed-by-dpr/amp

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by aieromon(m): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
History of ANSG and OPRL as told by Peter Obi

“It is pertinent to recall that Orient Petroleum Resources Plc was formed during the government of Dr Chinwoke Mbadinuju in 2001 and allocated oil fields domiciled in Anambra State.

“Though Dr Mbadinuju did not make any direct monetary contribution. Under Dr Chris Ngige, in 2002/2006, Anambra State government invested the sum of N100 million in the project. Under our government between 2006 and 2009, with the vision and the belief in the positive impact of the project on the economy of the state and the country, we invested directly and indirectly the sum of N4.4billion.

https://www.channelstv.com/2012/09/13/obi-says-anambra-owns-disputed-oil-field/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYbFXv2cyQ?si=mWSBuuI3S3nRjOV_

Watch from 0:30
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by forgiveness: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
Peter Gringory Obi over to you.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
forgiveness:
Peter Gringory Obi over to you.
forgiveness is 🔑
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by 2special(m): 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wow
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by abdeefggh: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Unfold Apc’s Job Creation, Security Master Plan On May 29 / 42 Parties In Kano Reject Re-run Governorship Election Results / N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.