Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina (17671 Views)

Buhari Will Respond To Senate's Rejection Of Magu As EFCC Chairman -Femi Adesina / Saraki To Obasanjo: I Will Respond To Your Letter Formally / Dasukigate: Femi Adesina Collected N50m – Obaigbena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by neolboy(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
By Temidayo Akinsuyi, LAGOS

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, on Wednesday said the Nigerian Guild of Editors will respond to allegations made against him by Chairman and editor-in-chief of Thisday newspaper, Nduka Obaigbena.

Obaigbena, who is also the President of the Newspapers Propriators Association of Nigeria (NPAN) had on Monday revealed that the Nigerian Guild of Editors collected N50 million from the Office of the National Security Adviser, in a further widening of the arms purchase scandal.
Since the revelation was made, some Nigerians have been demanding the resignation and interrogation of Adesina , who was the president of the Guild when the payment was allegedly made.

But speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Adesina said the guild will be in the best position to respond to Obaigbena’s claim.
“Please direct all questions to the Nigerian Guild of Editors. But I believe the body will soon issue a statement on what actually transpired” he said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2016/01/n50m-editors-guild-will-respond-obaigbenas-allegations-adesina/
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by huntila(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
What a movie Nigeria is ATM
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by neolboy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
APC will not comment now since he is Baba spokesman. Hypocrite

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by seunmsg(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
He should be ready to resign and face prosecution if he's found guilty in whatever way. The anti-corruption war is total, nobody should be spared. But before then, we will be waiting for the response of the Guild of Editors.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by SouthernBreeze(m): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
K
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by Bevista: 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
neolboy:
APC will not comment now since he is Baba spokesman. Hypocrite
There is no hypocrisy here, son. Obaigbena said that N50m was given to NGE, but the media twisted that to mean that N50m was given to Adesina.
---
It is the place of the Guild to respond, except their explanation shows that the funds was meant for questionable purposes or it can be proven that Femi (as president) pocketed the funds personally.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by neolboy(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Bevista:
There is no hypocrisy here, son. Obaigbena said that N50m was given to NGE, but the media twist that to mean that N50m was given to Adesina.
---
It is the place of the Guild to respond, except their explanation shows that the purpose of the funds was questionable or it can be proven that Femi (as head) pocketed the funds personally.

All cleared sir

12 Likes

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by alcmene: 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
I thought Buhari said his cabinet members are as clean as the snow

By the time this selective probe is over, Aisha Buhari's wife will be implicated .

Then she must tell us how she got the #10m wristch watch and the #130m she donated to the IDP

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by DropShot: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
alcmene:

By the time this selective probe is over, Aisha Buhari's wife will be implicated .

Then she must tell us how she got the #10m wristch watch and the #130m she donated to the IDP
Keep looking for dirt in distilled water.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by Achuwa1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adesina was the president of the guild when the money was payed,so let him defend himself rather than refer to the guild to defend the accusation for him...
Afterall,obiagbena defended npan tht he collected on their behalf & also stated what the money was meant for..
so adesina apc & pmb spokesman was even a beneficiary to dasukigate,,& pmb is telling us non of his cabinet is corrupt,,na wa 4 apc this apc change oooooo

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by bettercreature(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
alcmene:

Adesina is culpable since he was the president as at then,He must tell us something or resign voluntarily

12 Likes

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by bettercreature(m): 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
DropShot:

Keep looking for dirt in distilled water.

Being a Pro APC shouldn't make you clueless

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by DropShot: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Being a Pro APC shouldn't make you clueless
And being a PDPeeg should make you senseless?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Just passing

1 Like

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by Ijaya123: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
That should settle the case. The money was given to NGE, and not Adesina.

Those already crucifying Adesina should wait for NGE's reaction.

3 Likes

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by egift(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
Adesina was the president of the guild when the money was payed,so let him defend himself rather than refer to the guild to defend the accusation for him...
Afterall,obiagbena defended npan tht he collected on their behalf & also stated what the money was meant for..
so adesina apc & pmb spokesman was even a beneficiary to dasukigate,,& pmb is telling us non of his cabinet is corrupt,,na wa 4 apc this apc change oooooo

The money was paid to the guild and NOT a personal fund to Adesina.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by mazzi: 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adesina should please tell us who was the president of nigeria guild of editors then. Nonsense!

18 Likes

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by Okanokan(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
I gathered Adesina was head of the guild then, if indeed he was he should reply to Ndukas allegation instead of passing the buck.

8 Likes

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by mazzi: 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adesina go and defend yourself and leave trash for lawma!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by mazzi: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
The so-called war against corruption in nigeria is just attention diversion tactics!

2 Likes

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by phemmie06(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Dasukigate, gate of jail

1 Like

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by FagsamPHP(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
k
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by OnankpaBa(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
ok
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by sammyj: 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
OK. We are waiting ooooo!!!
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by chesterlee(m): 4:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
This idiot should be questioned by the Efcc, Dokpesi wasn't even in charge of AIT but he was brought in.

Editor guild ko....Abeg he should leave thrash for Lawma

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by Bollinger(m): 4:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Adesina is culpable since he was the president as at then,He must tell us something or resign voluntarily

Nigerians don't really understand how dangerous this new line of thinking they've started. They are not letting the courts do their jobs and are witch hunting everyone. This was how they dragged linda ikeji into it without proof. This is no different than jungle justice. Na wah for una.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by anwo247: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
NDUKA as the head of NNAN made statement,
ADESINA as THE President of the guild could not,..... hypocrytes!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by mccoy47(m): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yam eaters association

1 Like

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by laurel03(m): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
All ds our useless leaders just dey call millions like stone.... #awonthief

3 Likes

Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by Ifomaodem: 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Woa
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by micklplus(m): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
bettercreature:
..........and jona IS not culpable in the arms deal?
Re: N50m:Editor’s Guild Will Respond To Obaigbena’s Allegations Against Me – Adesina by chesterlee(m): 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Bollinger:

Nigerians don't really understand how dangerous this new line of thinking they've started. They are not letting the courts do their jobs and are witch hunting everyone. This was how they dragged linda ikeji into it without proof. This is no different than jungle justice. Na wah for una.

So u now remember we have something like rule of law in the country because Adesina is involved?? undecided

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal Diverted N450M Out Of 530M From PINE - Senate / Adesegun Akin-Olugbade Appointed First African Member Of World Trade Board / Buhari Told Us He Has No Preferred Candidate - Northern APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.