Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

How Well Do You Like Your Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Well Do You Like Your Job? (3463 Views)

Poll: Rate Your Job on a scale of 1 to 5!

1 - A Nightmare!: 9% (9 votes)
2 - Poor: 15% (15 votes)
3 - Acceptable: 33% (33 votes)
4 - Pretty Good: 26% (26 votes)
5 - Almost Perfect!: 16% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by WesleyanA(f): 6:34am On Nov 21, 2007
I like my job (but i can't answer the other questions because it's a part time "crappy" job and school is my full time job right now). But I feel like i'd be satisfied with most jobs i guess. I'm not picky.
I'm still trying to decide what my dream job would be like. so confused. I like so many things undecided
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by bagoma(f): 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2007
no, i dont like my present job but thank God i'm in the process of trying something new. hopefully i'll like this but if not, then i'll have to move on again.
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by mukina2: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2007
bagoma:

no, i don't like my present job but thank God i'm in the process of trying something new. hopefully i'll like this but if not, then i'll have to move on again.

shocked shocked wow been long kiss

@ topic
i do not love my Job as a student now angry i want to end soooooon cheesy
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by ayexel: 1:17am On Nov 25, 2007
my job mmm beautiful environment but uneven treatment of staff.not related to what i study in school.i did elect/elect work in guest complaints desk in a reputable five star hotel.i use my spare time to go for it training now i,m cisco certified looking for an opportunity in an it environment.Can u help out.
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by Dalby(m): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2007
My job is OK, I am not too crazy about it. Just ok with the pay
But the pay is good, somewhere under 400/month in an international organization
The job is logistics, so its way off mechanical engineering
I have worked in 2 Oil firms before this job, this job actually takes all my time compaired to my previous jobs
There is still room for improvement. Na money I dey find now no be work lipsrsealed
Don't get me wrong, I thank GOD every day for this job, but the only thing constant in life is change. So I often thank him for the next good job coming my way.
grin grin grin
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by holabeez(f): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
- Do you like your job? are you excited to wake up in the morning and get ready for work?[/b]My job is just acceptable reason

[b]- Is your job related/ similar to the dream job you wanted when you were younger?
Yes very close

- Is it related/similar to what you studied (your major) at the University? Not at all way out of it

- How did you find your job? connections with friends/ family, posted vacancy, etc? Friends

- How many jobs have you had since you started working full time. 2 in 5years

- Do you think you'll change jobs in the near future? Yep hope full next month or as soon has i found a new and more suitable one
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by Margaretas: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
smileymy job? very interesting, cos i alway have access to doing what i like the most in life; designing. i also meet and solve challenges. its fun.
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by yimiton(f): 7:38am On Nov 30, 2007
My job is cool.
I work with a boss who is intelligent, takes decisions logically and respects everybody.
He's a fine leader and not a bossy frustrated boss.
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by milkyway: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2007
thanx guys
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by msanda(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2007
Love my job? I hated my bank job for six months - then I quit - and went to sit at home. For two months.

That was probably the scariest time of my life of my life (kids, do not try this at all! tongue)

Now, I have a job that is near perfect. It fits practically all the criteria I had for my dream job. And more! cheesy
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by parislomo(f): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2007
For nairalanders who have full time jobs. I have a couple of questions for you:

- Do you like your job? are you excited to wake up in the morning and get ready for work?
I SOOOOOOOOO LAV MY JOB (no long thing)

- Is your job related/ similar to the dream job you wanted when you were younger?
WHETHER IT'S RELATED YOU PREFER O OR SIMILAR. . . MY JOB COMES IN NEAR.
IT WAS HUGELY THOUGHT OF IN A BIGGER PICTURE (LIKE WORKING FOR AN AIRLINE LIKE BRITISH AIRWAYS, BUT NOW WORKING IN A SOLID TRAVEL AGENCY). . . YOU SEE?

- Is it related/similar to what you studied (your major) at the University?
I DID A 'GENERAL' COURSE IN THE UNI (WHAT SOME PEOPLE DESCRIBE AS UNPROFESSIONAL FIELD OF STUDY)

- How did you find your job? connections with friends/ family, posted vacancy, etc?
THROUGH A RECRUITING FIRM MY FRIEND SUGGESTED.

- How many jobs have you had since you started working full time.
THIS IS THE SECOND SINCE I CONCLUDED NYSC (THE FIRST WAS A NIGHTMARE IN THE NAME OF marketing executive)

- Do you think you'll change jobs in the near future?
NOT SO SOON DEARIE COS I'M BUILDING UP MY CAREER TOWARDS A BETTER OPPORTUNITY-FILLED SEASON (lol. . . )
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by parislomo(f): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2007
ADDITIONAL INFO:
CONCLUDED NYSC LAST YEAR AUGUST.
GOT THE MARKETING OFFER IN NOVEMBER (and believe me it was no fun doing that at all. But I held forth till March 12 this year when I decided it was time to go back on my knees and tell God I DIN' HAVE A JOB YET).
THEN GOT MY PRESENT JOB IN JUNE (RESUMED ON THE 7TH). . . AND I AM SOOOOOOOOO THANKING GOD EVERY MOMENT FOR THE GREAT REVISITATION OF MY JOB-CASE.
I TALK MY JOB, DO MY JOB, SUGGEST MY JOB, SELL MY JOB, SLEEP MY JOB, WAKE UP MY JOB. . .
AND THERE IS STILL SO MUCH TO LEARN ON THE JOB (OF COS YOU CAN TRUST I'M RIGHT ON LEARNING MOREEEEEEE).
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by nnada(f): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
I love my job so much, and i thank my God for giving such job. I thank God very well.
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by folahann(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2007
My Job is the best in the world, ma Job is just to study and i don't get paid, it's left to you to tell me whether it's a job to like or not
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by sima(f): 6:24am On Aug 26, 2008
i still dont have job grin
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by parislomo(f): 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2010
Thank God I am now with an airline!!
Do I still love my job

yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!

cool kiss cool kiss
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by Focusmind: 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2010
eni SpA - the best of places to work. I love you so much Eni SpA.

Chartered Accountant with Eni SpA
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by shilling(f): 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2010
My school jobs rock!!! I get to meet tons of people in my first. My 2nd is almost perfect, I "work" on weekends (mid-day), practically sitting for 3 hours doing homework grin
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by ayo84(m): 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2010
i like my job, im self employed
Re: How Well Do You Like Your Job? by collynx76: 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
If you want to work in a telecom company. You can get this Ericsson Advance GSM System book cheap. send a mail to ebsymi@yahoo.com for the table of contents. You will leaRN EVERYTHING sample cannot be attache because its large

(1) (2) (Reply)

Law Vs Medicine Vs Banking Vs Enginnering In Nigeria / Pls I Need A Slogan Or Motto For My Laundry Service,i Need Ideas / How To Improve Employee's Engagement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.