Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33557 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 9:51am On May 26, 2012
One_Naira:

I've always been in support of Niger-delta republic but don't turn my support into hatred. Why drag anioma and even onitsha into the new nation? Ontisha is not even part of delta, don't be greedy. Asaba is going with the rest of Igbo people. Unless SE Igbo kick us out or una wipe asabians and the rest of anioma out and replace it with other groups is the only way that map will work. Don't be greedy, I support the creation but don't drag my people into it.

I never knew you were a Deltan! Nice.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 9:57am On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth: I didn't know that this thread would go past 4 pages. Well well.
Agbachakwa egwu o naa n'ukwu -every dance moves must culminate in hip movements.
I advised that we should leave revisiting the past as far as minority (especially the eastern ones) involvement in the war is concerned. My reason remains simple, and it seems that only few of my brothers understood it.
I love Ojukwu and would fight anyone dissing his legacy. I would also be foolish if I say that he was infallible. He was a man too.
The midwest incursion (as every good historian already knows) was a mistake and a miscalculation. Simple and short.

As for the Eastern minorities, as early as August 1966, there was already an Eastern consultative assembly formed to bring everybody on board in the East. It did not achieve much. The next in October of same year didn't achieve much also. There was no SOLID agreement in the East until the shooting war started, and there could not have been that agreement because there were Ijaw elements such as Dappa Biriye and Isaac Adaka Boko who were mentally allied with the Hausa/Fulani North, and there was nothing anyone could have done to persuade them otherwise. For me, after that assembly in 1966, I would have gone to seek an alliance with a STRONG foreign country who would agree to support Biafra with a naval and air force, knowing that these elements were already planning to sabotage Biafra.
If I couldn't get that foreign support, I would have dropped ALL plans of secession and called it a day.

Someone on this thread raised a strong point that southern groups were not Biafra's biggest threats initially. It was Hausa/Fulani. If Biafra had focused on them and dealt with them seriously, no southern element would have even thought about fighting Biafra. All these accusations and counter accusations to me sounds like nothing more than lame attempts at revisionism.
I warn my Igbo brothers to always think strategically.
When I hustle for international airports in SE, join me in that campaign and use the vigor you have wasted here to hustle along with me. Those are strategic investments. I wish you would give 10% of the energy you gave on this thread to such strategic efforts, instead of abandoning it, making it to look like an Onlytruth venture. Save your energy for efforts that would empower us. Campaign for worthy empowerment of our section of Nigeria. When we get empowered, all things shall be added onto us.
You cannot get that empowerment without international access. You are all keeping quiet when you see all the international airports located outside Igbo land. Tomorrow you will start complaining that those people did not join our efforts. When you plan a war, you put it WAY BEYOND THE REACH of failure. That is how we should be thinking, not cherry picking history and cutting and dicing fault-lines.

Onlytruth is truly a builder of men. God bless all people like him.
A a practical and truthful person draws admiration from all sorts of quarters, from friends and even foe.

Nuff said. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ozoebuka1(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2012
jeez!! i want this breakup but believe u me, i dont want it to be bloody.. i want a peaceful breakup!! am tired of seeing abuja on my local tv.. every good thing goes to abuja and i think am no longer enjoying dat.. the things dat are being used in rebuilding dat abuja comes from d easthern part of dis country!! dont tell me anything about being d capital of naija.. is development meant 4 capitals only? lets try and breakup peacefully.. hahaha, i cant wait to see dat.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 12:13pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth: I didn't know that this thread would go past 4 pages. Well well.
Agbachakwa egwu o naa n'ukwu -every dance moves must culminate in hip movements.
I advised that we should leave revisiting the past as far as minority (especially the eastern ones) involvement in the war is concerned. My reason remains simple, and it seems that only few of my brothers understood it.
I love Ojukwu and would fight anyone dissing his legacy. I would also be foolish if I say that he was infallible. He was a man too.
The midwest incursion (as every good historian already knows) was a mistake and a miscalculation. Simple and short.

As for the Eastern minorities, as early as August 1966, there was already an Eastern consultative assembly formed to bring everybody on board in the East. It did not achieve much. The next in October of same year didn't achieve much also. There was no SOLID agreement in the East until the shooting war started, and there could not have been that agreement because there were Ijaw elements such as Dappa Biriye and Isaac Adaka Boko who were mentally allied with the Hausa/Fulani North, and there was nothing anyone could have done to persuade them otherwise. For me, after that assembly in 1966, I would have gone to seek an alliance with a STRONG foreign country who would agree to support Biafra with a naval and air force, knowing that these elements were already planning to sabotage Biafra.
If I couldn't get that foreign support, I would have dropped ALL plans of secession and called it a day.

Someone on this thread raised a strong point that southern groups were not Biafra's biggest threats initially. It was Hausa/Fulani. If Biafra had focused on them and dealt with them seriously, no southern element would have even thought about fighting Biafra. All these accusations and counter accusations to me sounds like nothing more than lame attempts at revisionism.
I warn my Igbo brothers to always think strategically.
When I hustle for international airports in SE, join me in that campaign and use the vigor you have wasted here to hustle along with me. Those are strategic investments. I wish you would give 10% of the energy you gave on this thread to such strategic efforts, instead of abandoning it, making it to look like an Onlytruth venture. Save your energy for efforts that would empower us. Campaign for worthy empowerment of our section of Nigeria. When we get empowered, all things shall be added onto us.
You cannot get that empowerment without international access. You are all keeping quiet when you see all the international airports located outside Igbo land. Tomorrow you will start complaining that those people did not join our efforts. When you plan a war, you put it WAY BEYOND THE REACH of failure. That is how we should be thinking, not cherry picking history and cutting and dicing fault-lines.

The above post is one of the most regrettable comments I have ever read on Nairaland. Before ever the shooting war erupted between Nigeria and Biafra, Nigeria, particularly eastern region, has become the arena of international activities among the world powers especially USSR, UK and USA. It was not out-of-place that British government declared eastern region of Nigeria the most lucrative real estate in the commonwealth of British Empire. In addition, Africa was just seeing the light of civilized world and there was no doubt eastern region had more than its fair share of man power relative to its size. There was Ojukwu’s factor which played heavily on the socio-political minds of the kingmakers, thus, the so-called world powers. These world powers had first experience of what seems to loom over Nigeria in the crisis over Congo via Katanga. I shall not elaborate further on this subject but should alert Nigerians that the present state of the country was what the so-called world powers had wanted since 1960.

I do not care if Igbo land is arid and unproductive wasteland, the need to have Republic of Igbo land remains the crux of my political amalgam. Nigeria will never progress beyond the growth of concrete and reinforcement bars. During Mr. Clinton’s time in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, a group of southerners appealed to USA government to ease the danger of traveling to Lagos or Abuja or Kaduna for visa or other business documents because of incessant religious riots in Nigeria by looking towards Enugu or Port Harcourt or Owerri or Calabar as consulate site. Promises were made and that was the end of it. However, I was shock to read recently that USA is trying to open consulate in Kano amidst Boko Haram crisis.

I guess a word is enough for southerners especially the so-called SE and SS.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 12:39pm On May 26, 2012
ACM10:

I agree with most of your comments here. All the books that I've read pointed out that midwest incursion wz a military success, but a political and diplomatic blunder. But I disagree. The midwest incursion wz a resoundin failure from any angle one intends to view it from. It squandered the goodwill that other Nigerians has for us after the massacre. We were not invited by them. As a matter of fact, we were seen as an invadin force. I cannot vouch for the behaviour of our troops in their desperate attempt to pacify the restive populace of those region. The midwest incursion wasted our scarce resources that could have been tapped to defend the homeland effectively. I wonder how we could be able to maintain our hold on the areas we captured without expozin our rear to attack. Had it been that we ended up capturin Lagos, Nigerians counterattack would have left our troops isolated with their supply lines cut off. I can never really say what wz our real aim in invadin Lagos.
It will be an act of sheer dishonesty if we continue to hound the minorities in our midst for the roles they played durin the war. We must look inward to find the reason why we lost the civil war. We should also remember that a sizeable portion of those minorities fought, bled and died with us. So why should we blame them for the actionz of few of them? Inasmuch as I revere Ojukwu, I must state it here that the mistake that cost us the war lies in his hand or that of his advisers or both. The fact that Nigerians were able to convince the bitter enemies of Britain and Soviet Union to back them iz enough for me to question the quality of the diplomatic corps at Ojukwu's disposal. The minorities weren't left with much choice. Either they team up with Nigerians or were massacred. Either way, Nigeria will still win the war. Like Onlytruth said, let us concentrate and reform our homeland and set it on the path to progress. Our success will be enough to convince them to identify with us.

Are you serious by stating “they did not invite us”? Do you mean Biafra should wait until Nigeria and Gowon invite it to attack? Was Mid-western region sovereign country outside the entity called Nigeria? Was eastern region consulted when Gowon, while sitting on a chair in Lagos, ordered LGO to move to Escravos for pending invasion of eastern region? What stopped the mid-western region and western region from kicking Gowon and soldiers from northern region out their countries since mid-western and western region suddenly become sovereign countries? Did eastern region invite Nigeria and Gowon to Gakem, Obudu, Bonny, Obolo Afor and Enugu Ezike?

Nigeria/Biafra civil war had been fought and lost as well as mortal enemies created. There should be no attempt disingenuously mounted by revisionists that could change the scar of the war. As far as I am concerned, the remedy to old wound of the Nigeria/Biafra civil war is disintegration.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 1:15pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth is naive. The only thing he understands is that we are better off as one nation, which is a good thing. On the other hand, I don't believe this so-called Eze has ever been in the military or understands what war really means.

The truth about the invasion of the Mid-West by biafran troops and the crimes against humanity which may have been committed by them, should not be swept under the carpet as Onlytruth is attempting to do, by throwing Carrots towards people like Beaf.

Some of the people who committed the said war crimes are still alive and should be punished, regardless of which side they fought for. Did the biafran troops summarily execute civilian officials in the Mid-West? As Nigerians, we need to know the answer to this question.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2012
ndu_chucks: Onlytruth is naive. The only thing he understands is that we are better off as one nation, which is a good thing. On the other hand, I don't believe this so-called Eze has ever been in the military or understands what war really means.

The truth about the invasion of the Mid-West by biafran troops and the crimes against humanity which may have been committed by them, should not be swept under the carpet as Onlytruth is attempting to do, by throwing Carrots towards people like Beaf.

Some of the people who committed the said war crimes are still alive and should be punished, regardless of which side they fought for. Did the biafran troops summarily execute civilian officials in the Mid-West? As Nigerians, we need to know the answer to this question.

In my previous post, I mentioned of a group that took Nowa Omoigui to task on the issue of the so-called rubber plantation massacre by Biafran army unit in mid-western region. The group made it known to Omoigui that he was not helping in the healing of wounds by publically flaunting fabricated falsehood about atrocity committed by Biafran unit during war. Till the moment of this post, Nowa Omoigui has not proffered a name of the brigade or commanding officer of the unit with respect to village where aforementioned atrocity was committed by Biafrans.

In the case of the group from Biafra, it presented three documented and substantiated atrocities committed by Nigerian army units in Asaba, Ogba Egbema and Obosi/Onicha. In each case, the Biafran group was able to give names of brigades and divisions as well as their commanding officers during the time the atrocities were committed. Be mindful this issue was tabled when some or all the principal players in the Nigeria/Biafra civil war were alive.

It is idiotically naïve for anybody to insinuate the instances of neutrality during the civil war or attempt to inject an element of sheer invitation to join a fight or attack during shooting war.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:
It is idiotically naïve for anybody to insinuate the instances of neutrality during the civil war or attempt to inject an element of sheer invitation to join a fight or attack during shooting war.

I agree with you on the above. You can't be neutral on a war that's fought in your backyard, because whether you like or not, you ll partake in the consequences.

But to me rather than blame everybody-the West (which did not have any obligation to support Biafra cause), Mid Western State ( who were never consulted and would of course become the booty of war if Biafra invasion was not repelled) and the Eastern minorities (who even spearheaded the efforts to defeat Biafra as they were clearly against being in the proposed Biafra State)-the blame should go to Ojukwu who declared an "unwinnable" war. There were documented efforts of many notable Nigerians at the time who counselled against rushing to such a war. Did he listen?

War is not a joke, or Nigerian-MEND, Nigeria-Boko Haram palaver where all manner of civility is preached. If wiping out the whole of Benin city is the joker for Biafra to win the war, ojukwu, or anybody in his shoe would not hesitate to do it. Just like the Nigerian side would do the same to achieve victory. Nuclear weapons were used on Japan because there was no other way to force her surrender. I just laugh at all these stories of betrayal here and there. The real betrayer was Ojukwu who betrayed the Igbo people by fighting war on arrogance, greed, utter myopic thinking without strategic alliances and preparation.

What do we hear everyday? Give us Biafra, we want Biafra!!! grin grin grin grin Looking at the economic order of the day, to me, the so called we want our Biafra, we want our Igbo nation, we just want to stand alone is a ruse and not a well thought out plan. Anyway, none of strategic Igbo leaders is involved in what has become a daily e-threat. Biafra, limited to Igbo enclave, is not viable except you secede together with South South.

You fought and lost, simple! If you won the war, you would not have acknowledged the so called betrayers as contributors to your victory. You would have simply stated that Igbo alone defeated the rest of Nigeria. But the good thing is that today, no one would even know that Igbo lost a war as other tribes are not better off either in terms of infrastructural development or in the "schemes of things" in the country. That to me is a great achievement and give true meaning to the no victor, no vanquished mantra that followed the war. It's a clear indication that those that managed the few post war years did not seek retribution but were genuinely interested in re-integrating Igbo back to one Nigeria.

While the e-war continues, goodluck to your proposed Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 4:18pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:
The above post is one of the most regrettable comments I have ever read on Nairaland. Before ever the shooting war erupted between Nigeria and Biafra, Nigeria, particularly eastern region, has become the arena of international activities among the world powers especially USSR, UK and USA. It was not out-of-place that British government declared eastern region of Nigeria the most lucrative real estate in the commonwealth of British Empire. In addition, Africa was just seeing the light of civilized world and there was no doubt eastern region had more than its fair share of man power relative to its size. There was Ojukwu’s factor which played heavily on the socio-political minds of the kingmakers, thus, the so-called world powers. These world powers had first experience of what seems to loom over Nigeria in the crisis over Congo via Katanga. I shall not elaborate further on this subject but should alert Nigerians that the present state of the country was what the so-called world powers had wanted since 1960.

I do not care if Igbo land is arid and unproductive wasteland, the need to have Republic of Igbo land remains the crux of my political amalgam. Nigeria will never progress beyond the growth of concrete and reinforcement bars. During Mr. Clinton’s time in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, a group of southerners appealed to USA government to ease the danger of traveling to Lagos or Abuja or Kaduna for visa or other business documents because of incessant religious riots in Nigeria by looking towards Enugu or Port Harcourt or Owerri or Calabar as consulate site. Promises were made and that was the end of it. However, I was shock to read recently that USA is trying to open consulate in Kano amidst Boko Haram crisis.

Dede1 my brother. You know that I Onlytruth never joke with any of you guys that actually saw events as they unfolded.
I am sorry if I said some things you may not agree with. Believe me, I am sorry I had to say them. sad

There are many things you said in your comment above to which I cannot comment. I make it a duty to perfect my tact and diplomacy in communicating here. I chew every word I post here, and consider their strategic implications. Even when I seem "careless" in my comment, believe me I am not. cool Every word aims to empower Ndigbo and Eastern Nigerians.
My scope of interest in Nigeria is Eastern Nigeria, which BTW is still an evolving region. Nigerian political reality from way before 1960 until today indicates that Nigeria is yet to "settle" (to use a construction term). The civil war was unfortunate, and believe me, by the time Ojukwu figured out the reason behind Biafran failure to obtain diplomatic support, we had already lost the war, technically. It would have been better not to fight the war at all, than to realize your mistake very late in the game. Nevertheless, hindsight is always 20/20, which is why we must learn from the past!
As I keep saying, I WOULD NOT FIGHT A WAR I CANNOT WIN. If I consider all the strategic permutations, and it happens that I cannot get strong countries to support me, I would not fire a single shot. For me, it is as simple as that. Up till today, umu Igbo are still making that same strategic mistake of thinking that Nigeria is a local African country, IT IS NOT. That is all I can say. lol I see MASSOB making exactly the same mistake. The only organization that seem to understand the stakes is the Biafran Liberation in Exile (BILIE).

If we want Biafra or Ala Igbo or any other seceded entity, we must know how to get it.
I want you to join my council here because we discuss some things before taking position on them here on Nairaland.
The council members don't always agree, but we at least try to coalesce around a common position. For us to improve on what our fathers did, we must learn from their mistakes first. One of their biggest mistakes was DISUNITY AND UNILATERALISM.
Igwe bu ike! cool
Let's do that and develop the East first. The rest will happen in due season.

Udo diri gi nwanne m. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2012
LOL this idddieots are still on this thread

@Onlytruth and co

If Beaf and Igboman like you to say Ojukwu was wrong then accept it like that.

Beaf is Igbo so all his mid-west argument is all wash. Well at the end of the day it is for people like you to believe
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 26, 2012
Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), came a bombshell yesterday when he described Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, National Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as spokesman of the dreaded Islamist sect, Boko Haram.

With stories like this we are heading for a bloody revolution if we don't break up immediately! It is inevitable
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lekkie073(m): 4:27pm On May 26, 2012
ozoebuka1: jeez!! i want this breakup but believe u me, i dont want it to be bloody.. i want a peaceful breakup!! am tired of seeing abuja on my local tv.. every good thing goes to abuja and i think am no longer enjoying dat.. the things dat are being used in rebuilding dat abuja comes from d easthern part of dis country!! dont tell me anything about being d capital of naija.. is development meant 4 capitals only? lets try and breakup peacefully.. hahaha, i cant wait to see dat.
Like saying u̶̲̥̅̊ want to cut onions but u̶̲̥̅̊ don't want it to make ur eyes tearful...
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 4:30pm On May 26, 2012
ndu_chucks: Onlytruth is naive. The only thing he understands is that we are better off as one nation, which is a good thing. On the other hand, I don't believe this so-called Eze has ever been in the military or understands what war really means.

[s]The truth about the invasion of the Mid-West by biafran troops and the crimes against humanity which may have been committed by them, should not be swept under the carpet as Onlytruth is attempting to do, by throwing Carrots towards people like Beaf.

Some of the people who committed the said war crimes are still alive and should be punished, regardless of which side they fought for. Did the biafran troops summarily execute civilian officials in the Mid-West? As Nigerians, we need to know the answer to this question.[/s]

Mr "Olodo", dunces like you need to know that some of the best military brains in the US defense forces are actually civilians. It is only in a banana republic that all military issues are handled by soldiers alone, and all hospitals are managed by doctors alone. In civilized countries (which Biafra will be one day) these jobs are handled by the best naturally endowed mentally. I would be a GREAT ASSET to any military institution. If not that Nigeria is a cesspit where a cow from the desert would be recruited (using quota system of course) ahead of humans from Eastern Nigeria, and if Nigeria does not have blood of innocent Igbo children starved to death in her hands, I may have become a TOP ranking officer in the Nigerian military by now. cool

The rest of your post is trash. sad

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On May 26, 2012
[size=13pt]Time for a Reality Check.

Nigeria is not going to break up in your lifetimes or that of your children. So instead of lazily dreaming of what you will never see, buck up and face your responsibility and part in this Nation. You do not choose what country you are born in to, however you can help in making the decision for a better future for you and your children, and their children.

If not, you remain nothing but useless bag of flesh to them and their future[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 5:15pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth:
The only organization that seem to understand the stakes is the Biafran Liberation in Exile (BILIE).

If we want Biafra or Ala Igbo or any other seceded entity, we must know how to get it.

I want you to join my council here because we discuss some things before taking position on them here on Nairaland.
The council members don't always agree, but we at least try to coalesce around a common position. For us to improve on what our fathers did, we must learn from their mistakes first. One of their biggest mistakes was DISUNITY AND UNILATERALISM.
The above quote(particularly the one in red) confirms that you are delusional and completely out of touch with realities. Secondly you need to have a good relationship with your leaders back home if you intend to have any positive impact. For you to post a condemnation of the locally based "biafra" organizations shows how dumb you are. It is this pathological ego based ailment that will continue to ruin your cause. You and your BILIE cannot win a single local council election with the kind of attitude and foolish pride you are portraying here. BILIE ko, BILIE the goat ni.

Onlytruth:

In civilized countries (which Biafra will be one day) these jobs are handled by the best naturally endowed mentally. I would be a GREAT ASSET to any military institution. If not that Nigeria is a cesspit where a cow from the desert would be recruited (using quota system of course) ahead of humans from Eastern Nigeria, and if Nigeria does not have blood of innocent Igbo children starved to death in her hands, I may have become a TOP ranking officer in the Nigerian military by now. cool

The rest of your post is trash. sad

You are full of crap!! Your mental, educational, and psychological superiors who are Igbos are already on ground working towards a better Nigeria, while you are wallowing in second class citizenry abroad. You better take the advise Kobojunkie freely gave above, and you and your ilk would be better off.

Trust me, we see which one of you, are fools and which ones are bright. You Eze sir, are not one of the bright Igbo nairalanders.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 5:21pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:

In my previous post, I mentioned of a group that took Nowa Omoigui to task on the issue of the so-called rubber plantation massacre by Biafran army unit in mid-western region. The group made it known to Omoigui that he was not helping in the healing of wounds by publically flaunting fabricated falsehood about atrocity committed by Biafran unit during war. Till the moment of this post, Nowa Omoigui has not proffered a name of the brigade or commanding officer of the unit with respect to village where aforementioned atrocity was committed by Biafrans.

In the case of the group from Biafra, it presented three documented and substantiated atrocities committed by Nigerian army units in Asaba, Ogba Egbema and Obosi/Onicha. In each case, the Biafran group was able to give names of brigades and divisions as well as their commanding officers during the time the atrocities were committed. Be mindful this issue was tabled when some or all the principal players in the Nigeria/Biafra civil war were alive.

Your explanation is quite reasonable. It behooves accusers to provide verifiable evidence to support serious claims such as this one. Thanks
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 5:27pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:

May God bless you for the passion you have to serve your people
please continue to reveal the truth so that the younger once will
know how protect themselves from hate.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 5:32pm On May 26, 2012
ndu_chucks:
The above quote(particularly the one in red) confirms that you are delusional and completely out of touch with realities. Secondly you need to have a good relationship with your leaders back home if you intend to have any positive impact. For you to post a condemnation of the locally based "biafra" organizations shows how dumb you are. It is this pathological ego based ailment that will continue to ruin your cause. You and your BILIE cannot win a single local council election [/b]with the kind of attitude and foolish pride you are portraying here. BILIE ko, BILIE the goat ni.

Watch me laugh at you first. Hahahahahahaha! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Not that I expected you to say otherwise. cool
I am saying something here ONLY because I know that some of my Igbo brothers may take your words literally.
You speak in OPPOSITES. cool
Anything you support, SHOULD BE DROPPED LIKE A POISONOUS SNAKE. cool
You only support what weakens us.

You are full of crap!! Your mental, educational, and psychological superiors who are Igbos are already on ground working towards a better Nigeria, while you are wallowing in [b]second class citizenry [/b]abroad. You better take the advise Kobojunkie freely gave above, and you and your ilk would be better off.

Trust me, we see which one of you, are fools and which ones are bright. You Eze sir, are [b]not
one of the bright Igbo nairalanders.

Second class citizenry is a NIGERIAN TERM. It does not exist in civilized countries. cool
I can tell you now WITHOUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT, that in the eyes of the US government, I am as American as ANY, even those whose lineage go generations. We take our oath seriously out here. cool Whatever experience I pass through here, every other American also pass through it. In Nigeria, people from Sokoto, Kano, and Katsina and Borno (to some extent), are first class citizens because they get federal preferential treatment. When they lose a little of that, they form Boko Haram and start to bomb innocent people to death. That is your country.
BTW that is why my brothers Dede1 and others want out, and I support that. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:32pm On May 26, 2012
ndu_chucks:
The above quote(particularly the one in red) confirms that you are delusional and completely out of touch with realities. Secondly you need to have a good relationship with your leaders back home if you intend to have any positive impact. For you to post a condemnation of the locally based "biafra" organizations shows how dumb you are. It is this pathological ego based ailment that will continue to ruin your cause. You and your BILIE cannot win a single local council election with the kind of attitude and foolish pride you are portraying here. BILIE ko, BILIE the goat ni.

You are full of crap!! Your mental, educational, and psychological superiors who are Igbos are already on ground working towards a better Nigeria, while you are wallowing in second class citizenry abroad. You better take the advise Kobojunkie freely gave above, and you and your ilk would be better off.

Trust me, we see which one of you, are fools and which ones are bright. You Eze sir, are not one of the bright Igbo nairalanders.
i.diot. Bilie is recognised by the UN
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: i.diot. Bilie is recognised by the UN
lol
That is why he is afraid of them, and trying to belittle them. He wants all our efforts to end LOCALLY.
The ultimate truth is that the battle for our emancipation is INTERNATIONAL. Quote me on that. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 5:57pm On May 26, 2012
It is apparent I have the right to agitate for a sovereign nation other than Nigeria. It is really true in human nature that a mad fellow will be first individual to refer to a sane person as mad. As far as Nigeria is presently constituted, there are considerable cross-section of the people I termed enemies but betrayers because of the civil war. Based on this circumstance, it is not socio-political normal to honestly share nationality with people whom one considers as enemy.

There is no doubt Nigeria is a union of sworn enemies willing to do away with each on a slightest and inconsequential provocation. I am not interested in the so-called crude oil because no cent of oil revenue has found its way into my pocket yet I am still alive. If Nigeria disintegrates today, I shall insist my country lookup to countries such as Japan that has no drop of crude oil and still maintains industrial credibility in the world. Nigeria looks like a broken down bus on the highway with angry passengers on-board. It is humanly proper for the passengers to disembark from the dead bus and join another bus even if the latest bus is running on half-empty tank of fuel.

I have worked in situation, primarily outside Nigeria, where true patriotism flourishes because everybody’s effort is channeled to the same goal. But in case of Nigeria, it is like an undeclared war when one tries to transport ordinary empty box from one section of the country to another.

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Please do not take seriously a lame crap vomited by one that despises oneself. My people say it is an aberration for rejected individual to also reject him or herself. A co.cksu.cker shall always remain the same regardless of the location. Nobody chooses a country to be born but parents may choose in which county to give birth. In addition, individuals have inalienable right to choose or form country other the country in which they were born.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 6:16pm On May 26, 2012
I will never allow myself to be fooled. Let appeasers talk whatever they want all in the name of building bridges even if it means lying against your people and turning logic upside down; bridges to where if I may ask? Until people understand who they are dealing with, they will forever be used as a means to an end. Minority domination over the majority is the new game!

By 2014, some people will understand why I resisted GEJ's administration during the elections. The question will be, what was his presidency all about and where did it leave us, the Igbos.

Any talk of SE/SS is a farce and that union could only happen if forced on us by the world because everyone of them dream to be like Qatar and the UAE. Well, that's still a dream because there's still Animal Farm hovering over their heads.
So trying to appease is unnecessary and insulting to fellow Igbos. When we are forced into a union with anyone by the UN in any post Nigeria scenario, then we can talk how thinks will be best for everyone. If we are not forced into any union with anyone, all your talk is useless because you're talking to people with special dislike of you and see you as a parasite.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 26, 2012
Obiagu1: I will never allow myself to be fooled. Let appeasers talk whatever they want all in the name of building bridges even if it means lying against your people and turning logic upside down; bridges to where if I may ask? Until people understand who they are dealing with, they will forever be used as a means to an end. Minority domination over the majority is the new game!

By 2014, some people will understand why I resisted GEJ's administration during the elections. The question will be, what was his presidency all about and where did it leave us, the Igbos.

Any talk of SE/SS is a farce and that union could only happen if forced on us by the world else everyone of them dream to be like Qatar and the UAE. Well, that's still a dream because there's still Animal Farm hovering over their heads.
So trying to appease is unnecessary and insulting to fellow Igbos. When we are forced into a union with anyone by the UN in any post Nigeria scenario, then we can talk how thinks will be best for everyone. If we are not forced into any union with anyone, all your talk is useless because you're talking to people with special dislike of you and see you as a parasite.

I am still laughing cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss No be small thing
You need to build bridges even if you want to secede. Apart from the North (no one will resist them anyway), no group group alone, except may be South South (if united) with oil driving the interest of world powers, can successfully secede from Nigeria. Secession can be made easier if there is dominant political structures and economic integrations in the East, another one in the West and another one in the South. If these three units have some sort of understanding and proclaim secession at the same time, it's all over for Nigeria.

While I am not advocating Nigeria's disintegration (because Nigeria problems can easily be solved by restructuring to a more loose federation with a weaker centre than the current one, make the presidency unattractive and less bullying), with realities on ground, you can't achieve it without some sort of understanding with others.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 6:52pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:

Are you serious by stating “they did not invite us”? Do you mean Biafra should wait until Nigeria and Gowon invite it to attack? Was Mid-western region sovereign country outside the entity called Nigeria? Was eastern region consulted when Gowon, while sitting on a chair in Lagos, ordered LGO to move to Escravos for pending invasion of eastern region? What stopped the mid-western region and western region from kicking Gowon and soldiers from northern region out their countries since mid-western and western region suddenly become sovereign countries? Did eastern region invite Nigeria and Gowon to Gakem, Obudu, Bonny, Obolo Afor and Enugu Ezike?

Nigeria/Biafra civil war had been fought and lost as well as mortal enemies created. There should be no attempt disingenuously mounted by revisionists that could change the scar of the war. As far as I am concerned, the remedy to old wound of the Nigeria/Biafra civil war is disintegration.

Elderstatesman Dede1, I must confess that I'm moved by your passion, commitment and total loyalty to our dear tribe, Igbo. You are one of the few men who I respect their opinion here. You narrated how Ironsi wz captured and executed which iz different from the lies and propaganda that were fed to us by the Yoruba writers. Dede1, your account wz right. Two of the books that I read that were written by the Northerners corroborated your account. One of them is "Gowon" by J. Isawa Elaigwu. This is one of the few examples where I discovered that your narration and analysis wz right and in fact, objective.
I may want to raise some objection. But itz disrespectful for any true Igbo son to argue with his elder.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 7:05pm On May 26, 2012
bayooooooo:

I am still laughing cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss No be small thing
You need to build bridges even if you want to secede. Apart from the North (no one will resist them anyway), no group group alone, except may be South South (if united) with oil driving the interest of world powers, can successfully secede from Nigeria. Secession can be made easier if there is dominant political structures and economic integrations in the East, another one in the West and another one in the South. If these three units have some sort of understanding and proclaim secession at the same time, it's all over for Nigeria.

While I am not advocating Nigeria's disintegration (because Nigeria problems can easily be solved by restructuring to a more loose federation with a weaker centre than the current one, make the presidency unattractive and less bullying), with realities on ground, you can't achieve it without some sort of understanding with others.

Anyone talking about secession is deceiving himself. No group can secede! Nigeria can only crumble and when it does, then new countries will emerge.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 7:07pm On May 26, 2012
ACM10:

Elderstatesman Dede1, I must confess that I'm moved by your passion, commitment and total loyalty to our dear tribe, Igbo. You are one of the few men who I respect their opinion here. You narrated how Ironsi wz captured and executed which iz different from the lies and propaganda that were fed to us by the Yoruba writers. Dede1, your account wz right. Two of the books that I read that were written by the Northerners corroborated your account. One of them is "Gowon" by J. Isawa Elaigwu. This is one of the few examples where I discovered that your narration and analysis wz right and in fact, objective.
I may want to raise some objection. But itz disrespectful for any true Igbo son to argue with his elder.

I did not write my post with any hate. It is my portion to dispel consolidated and spirited attempts to sit history on its head. I am happy you read the biography of Gowon by by J. Isawa Elaigwu. The book contained the interview given by Lt Wiliam Wulbe, who was in-charge of Aguiyi‘s security detail in Ibadan, that rubbished the idiotic claim of Fajuyi accepting to die with Ironsi. Wulbe’s account collaborated the story handed down to me by Flt.Lt Andrew Nwankwo on the night Ironsi and Fajuyi were arrested in Ibadan in 1966.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 7:08pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:
Please do not take seriously[b] a lame crap vomited by one that despises oneself.[/b] My people say it is an aberration for rejected individual to also reject him or herself. A co.cksu.cker shall always remain the same regardless of the location. Nobody chooses a country to be born but parents may choose in which county to give birth. In addition, individuals have inalienable right to choose or form country other the country in which they were born.

I will first assume that you are not referring to me with the bolded. If I don't get a refute or a correction from you, then I would assume that you are referring to me.

I'm waiting.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

I will first assume that you are not referring to me with the bolded. If I don't get a refute or a correction from you, then I would assume that you are referring to me.

I'm waiting.

No, bros rather I would like you check whom the poster wanted us to accept his/her freely given advice.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 7:23pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

I'm waiting.

hehehehe, Paranoid ko? Well if the shoe fits. olodo
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 7:25pm On May 26, 2012
Obiagu1: I will never allow myself to be fooled. Let appeasers talk whatever they want all in the name of building bridges even if it means lying against your people and turning logic upside down; bridges to where if I may ask? Until people understand who they are dealing with, they will forever be used as a means to an end. Minority domination over the majority is the new game!

Any talk of SE/SS is a farce and that union could only happen if forced on us by the world because everyone of them dream to be like Qatar and the UAE. Well, that's still a dream because there's still Animal Farm hovering over their heads.

I personally am not trying to appease anyone. Believe me! lol How can an aggrieved party be trying to appease anyone? lol!
My concern is that history must not repeat. I have read enough account of what happened that I have come to understand why A LOT of top Igbo persons distant from any talks of secession. They honestly have not seen smart moves by MASSOB or any other organization so far. What I maintain is that a situation whereby nearly ALL southern groups are allied against Ndigbo is a strategic nightmare which the likes of me would NEVER allow to see the light of day, if I can. cool My father also told me how Igbo contributed more to the failure of Biafra than even outsiders. That is why I insist that Igwe bu ike should by my motto. If we cannot join a collective effort, all our individual efforts are in vain. If we had not supported Jonathan, at least the first time, it would not be good strategically. I was amongst those who initially opposed him until I started to read from some of our top Igbo politicians, and also did my own introspection. At the end, I saw that we had no choice. In 2015, if the strategic calculus does not change, we will likely support him again. It is called facing reality.

I wish to advise my brothers to tone down their words against these groups because there is no need whatsoever for those words. They should spend more of their energy to get us strategic infrastructure in SE. Our journey begins there.
As it stands now, if those Igbo in government(Anyim Pius, Ngozi Iweala, Stella Odua et al) do not get us those infrastructure, how can anyone even talk of an Igbo nation seceded from Nigeria? Let us start by learning to work together and think for the GROUP rather than self.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:

No, bros rather I would like you check whom the poster wanted us to accept his/her freely given advice.

Nsogbu adighi nwanne. I didn't think so too. wink Had to make sure though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Bonario Nnags: "IPOB Finally Touched My Community Last Night" / GEJ Says The #bringbackgoodluck2015 Banners Should Be Brought Down / I Will Leave No Inheritance For My Children – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.