Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33476 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2012
I often frown at "wholesale attacks" against southern minorities on the civil war issue, especially EASTERN minorities, because people like Dede1 should know better about the TRUTH of what happened back then.
Careytommy for example is from Akwa ibom state, and a HUGE chunk of the people from there fought for Biafra and suffered alongside other Biafrans. The Biafran second in command was an Ibibio man. No twisting of history can ever change that. The attack on Careytommy was uncalled for.

As for bbreye, the Ijaw were split too (especially the Eastern Ijaw), so I cannot tongue lash him either.
I wish my brother Dede1 would calm down for once about his views on these groups.
As for the Mid-west, I believe that Biafra failed to do a good job BEFORE the war. The incursion by Biafran special forces (the S- Brigade) was only a defensive offense (after the war had already started), so that is understandable. The strategic damage was done BEFORE the war. Let no one forget that, lest a mistake is repeated.

Every Biafran adult (anyone above 18 years during the war) should make it a DUTY to be very honest about what happened during the war. Today's Nigerian politics shouldn't make anyone twist facts.
I've said my peace.

6 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 11:59pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf:

I'm tired of hearing this foolish lie. My part of the country was invaded by Biafra, who carried out several executions, occupied the place and declared us an independent "Republic of Benin" without as much as asking us a single question.
Next, we were invaded by the federal troops who did pretty much what Biafra did.

Phuck anybody who tells me stup!d lies of how minorities betrayed Biafra. Did Biafra ever make us part of their plans? Did they not just invade us one bright morning without provocation? I wonder where people get these id!otic fairy tales of "betrayal" from?
I'm waiting for any senile fart to tell me that Biafra did not invade the Midwest. In fact, as I have said several times on NL, my own father along with other top Midwesterners was to have been shot by Biafra, but he was saved by his driver (maybe una for no know Beaf today embarassed).

Phuck all of you who tell hateful lies. Bloody demons.

Abeg shut up there.
Which part of your country was invaded by Biafra? Do you have a country? This is the main Yoruba lie that they are telling themselves to justify their slavish attitude to abokis. Biafra did not invade you. We were just passing by.
Victor Banjo, a Yoruba "soldier", led a biafran land strike headed for Lagos. This Yoruba coward, that lied his way into biafran command, decided to do things Yoruba way when he had victory in his sight. Lagos was open like ashawo toto for am. All he had to do was thrust hard and direct, but the coward decided to stop, and started mistreating people. Ojukwu later shot his asz in Enugu.
So Mr Beaf, direct your anger to where it is due. Abokis are milking you dry, with the help of their yoruba slaves. Face them.
And tell your father to tell you the truth.

I am trying to educate and accommodate you because I understand your ignorance but do not ever again insult the memory of Biafra or that of her fallen heroes.

10 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:12am On May 25, 2012
^^

My brother, it pays to argue from a position of FACTS. That is what separates our cause from those of others who would lie to win.
Here are parts of what happened:

Again, in late March and early April (1968. ) after a series of reversals, Kalu blocked the first major attempt by Adekunle to take Port Harcourt through Onne. Akinrinade’s 15 brigade was practically wiped out. According to Oluleye, the only survivors were “Ijaw swimmers” who knew how to disappear into the creeks. If Kalu had sustained the momentum and conducted a hot pursuit he would have retaken Bonny and made history.. .

After the Port Harcourt debacle, Kalu led the 63 Brigade of the 11 Division under Colonel Amadi and staged a successful assault crossing of the River Niger. He slipped behind 2 Division lines and temporarily harassed Asaba, Ogwashi-Uku and even Ibusa, all in the Midwest. The significance of this move was that it was the first return of Biafran units to the Midwest since they were evicted in October 1967. Unsurprisingly, the incursion was not significantly publicized on the federal side.. . .

In May 1969, Achuzia’s units were again in the news. This time, while he was personally based at Oraifite near Onitsha, a detachment of his Republic of Benin Division took some European oilmen hostage at Kwale in the Midwest, across the river Niger. A number of Italian oilmen were killed. Although tactically successful, the raid eventually proved strategically harmful to Biafra internationally. It certainly cost Biafra the support of the Vatican, among others. France reportedly reduced arms supplies.

In September 1969, Achuzia was again in action. This time he withdrew a Brigade of his “Republic of Benin Division” from the Midwest to assist in Biafra’s “Operation Do or Die” - the effort to relieve the Biafran 57 Brigade in the vital food producing area of Otuocha. The Brigade had been cut off by elements of the federal 1st Division (including Captain Bello Khaliel, Major Muhammadu Buhari, etc.) as they secured the Onitsha-Enugu road in one of their many efforts to link Abagana with Onitsha.

Source: http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui33.htm (Federal Nigerian Army Blunders of the Nigerian Civil War - Part 10)

Ka anyi na ekwu eziokwu maka adi ama ama. cool

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:16am On May 25, 2012
^^
The point above is that Biafran troops made incursions into the Mid West after the first incursion by the Biafran expeditionary force in 1967.
Only God knows who did what during those later incursions because the war was raging, and Nigerian army was already committing genocide in the East.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:25am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Abeg shut up there.
Which part of your country was invaded by Biafra? Do you have a country? This is the main Yoruba lie that they are telling themselves to justify their slavish attitude to abokis. Biafra did not invade you. We were just passing by.
Victor Banjo, a Yoruba "soldier", led a biafran land strike headed for Lagos. This Yoruba coward, that lied his way into biafran command, decided to do things Yoruba way when he had victory in his sight. Lagos was open like ashawo toto for am. All he had to do was thrust hard and direct, but the coward decided to stop, and started mistreating people. Ojukwu later shot his asz in Enugu.
So Mr Beaf, direct your anger to where it is due. Abokis are milking you dry, with the help of their yoruba slaves. Face them.
And tell your father to tell you the truth.

I am trying to educate and accommodate you because I understand your ignorance but do not ever again insult the memory of Biafra or that of her fallen heroes.

Dude phuck off and tell your lies to your washed up arse. You invaded us, executed people and turn round to accuse us of "betraying you!"
Ain't you a fool? Who thinks in that manner?

To make matters worse, you and bastar'ds like you turn so much unjustified hate on us minorities. For what? After invading us?
You are sick.

Phuck you and phuck people like you.

[size=14pt]Republic of Benin (1967)[/size]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with the current Republic of Benin, contemporarily known as the Republic of Dahomey, or the Kingdom of Benin from the Benin City

The short-lived Republic of Benin, in Nigeria's coastal Bight of Benin, was named after its capital Benin City. It was known as Mid-Western state in Nigeria until August 1967 when it was occupied by Biafra as its forces advanced towards Lagos. Albert Nwazu Okonkwo, a Mid-Western Igbo medical officer, was installed by Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu as Biafran Military Administrator of the territory (17 August 1967 - 19 September 1967). As Nigerian forces were to retake the Mid-West, the Republic of Benin was unilaterally declared at 07:00 on 19 September 1967. Okonkwo also ruled it as "Governor".

The republic lasted a little more than a day. On 20 September 1967, it was terminated as Nigerian forces recaptured the province. It was not recognised, not even by its "parent" country, Biafra, mainly because of the brevity of its existence. Most of the government officials, as well some Igbo civilians, followed Biafran troops across the Niger River.

Flag
Motto
Unity and Strength
Green: Republic of Benin, a one-day existent puppet state of Biafra, which is depicted in light green.
Capital Benin City
Language(s) English (official), Edo, Igbo, Ijaw, Urhobo
Government Republic
Governor Albert Nwazu Okonkwo
Historical era Nigerian Civil War
- Established September 19, 1967
- Disestablished September 20, 1967
Population
- 1967 est. 3,000,000
Currency Biafran pound, Nigerian pound

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Benin_%281967%29

Phucking lying id!ot. angry angry angry
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:25am On May 25, 2012
Onlytruth: ^^

My brother, it pays to argue from a position of FACTS. That is what separates our cause from those of others who would lie to win.
Here are parts of what happened:

Again, in late March and early April (1968. ) after a series of reversals, Kalu blocked the first major attempt by Adekunle to take Port Harcourt through Onne. Akinrinade’s 15 brigade was practically wiped out. According to Oluleye, the only survivors were “Ijaw swimmers” who knew how to disappear into the creeks. If Kalu had sustained the momentum and conducted a hot pursuit he would have retaken Bonny and made history.. .

After the Port Harcourt debacle, Kalu led the 63 Brigade of the 11 Division under Colonel Amadi and staged a successful assault crossing of the River Niger. He slipped behind 2 Division lines and temporarily harassed Asaba, Ogwashi-Uku and even Ibusa, all in the Midwest. The significance of this move was that it was the first return of Biafran units to the Midwest since they were evicted in October 1967. Unsurprisingly, the incursion was not significantly publicized on the federal side.. . .

In May 1969, Achuzia’s units were again in the news. This time, while he was personally based at Oraifite near Onitsha, a detachment of his Republic of Benin Division took some European oilmen hostage at Kwale in the Midwest, across the river Niger. A number of Italian oilmen were killed. Although tactically successful, the raid eventually proved strategically harmful to Biafra internationally. It certainly cost Biafra the support of the Vatican, among others. France reportedly reduced arms supplies.

In September 1969, Achuzia was again in action. This time he withdrew a Brigade of his “Republic of Benin Division” from the Midwest to assist in Biafra’s “Operation Do or Die” - the effort to relieve the Biafran 57 Brigade in the vital food producing area of Otuocha. The Brigade had been cut off by elements of the federal 1st Division (including Captain Bello Khaliel, Major Muhammadu Buhari, etc.) as they secured the Onitsha-Enugu road in one of their many efforts to link Abagana with Onitsha.

Source: http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui33.htm (Federal Nigerian Army Blunders of the Nigerian Civil War - Part 10)

Ka anyi na ekwu eziokwu maka adi ama ama. cool

I get you but Beaf was making allusions to the invasion led by Victor Banjo before the federal troops pushed back.

Your post refers to latter in the war, when Nigerian troops were already occupying mid west and harrassing Biafrans from their base there. Biafra had to attack. Unfortunately, some italians were caught in the crossfire. Nwanne, remember that histories are mostly told by the victor but in this Biafran struggle, we cannot allow lies to continue unabbatted, especially when everyone can see that Biafran struggles were necessary and are justified by current events and the sorry state of nigeria today.

We did what we had to do. What has the mid-westerns done?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:26am On May 25, 2012
@OnlyTruth

Thanks for your informed input.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:31am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

I get you but Beaf was making allusions to the invasion led by Victor Banjo before the federal troops pushed back.

Your post refers to latter in the war, when Nigerian troops were already occupying mid west and harrassing Biafrans from their base there. Biafra had to attack. Unfortunately, some italians were caught in the crossfire. Nwanne, remember that histories are mostly told by the victor but in this Biafran struggle, we cannot allow lies to continue unabbatted, especially when everyone can see that Biafran struggles were necessary and are justified but current events and the sorry state of nigeria today.

You are a phucking liar. I was talking about the invasion of the Midwest by Biafra.
I responded to your hate-filled lies that minorities betrayed Biafra. If anything, we were onlookers caught up in something nobody told us about.

Dude, I'm pretty sick of hearing hateful lies from people like you.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Your post refers to latter in the war, when Nigerian troops were already occupying mid west and harrassing Biafrans from their base there. Biafra had to attack. Unfortunately, some italians were caught in the crossfire. Nwanne, remember that histories are mostly told by the victor but in this Biafran struggle, we cannot allow lies to continue unabbatted, especially when everyone can see that Biafran struggles were necessary and are justified but current events and the sorry state of nigeria today.

My brother to be honest, we shouldn't waste our time trying to figure out which minority group fought against us and which sided us. For me, those groups were not in a strong position to resist joining Nigeria. Does it make it right? Of course not. But don't forget the first law of human nature -save your own a.s.s. first! sad
CURRENT events in Nigeria is what I base my views about those people on. What they do NOW and how they relate to us TODAY is what I look at. When I plan for Biafra 2.0 (if I have to), I focus more on things that make it impossible for say a Hausa or Yoruba to enter Eastern Nigeria at all. If I achieve that, the minorities will answer their fathers name without having to sabotage me.
Let's just focus on the BIGGER picture, even while we watch our backs. If we secure the big picture, our backs will be automatically secure. Simple and short.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:38am On May 25, 2012
Beaf: @OnlyTruth

Thanks for your informed input.

Honestly, let's just drop the issue. Honestly it isn't worth wasting time on. The CURRENT AND FUTURE is what matters.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by CyberG: 12:44am On May 25, 2012
Pfffttt...only WHINERS here! See you in 2015 when you wake up. I'm out! cool cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 12:46am On May 25, 2012
Funny that the post Beaf replied to did not mention Midwest but was referring to those within Biafra territory. smiley
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:49am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

Dude phuck off and tell your lies to your washed up arse. You invaded us, executed people and turn round to accuse us of "betraying you!"
Ain't you a fool? Who thinks in that manner?

To make matters worse, you and bastar'ds like you turn so much unjustified hate on us minorities. For what? After invading us?
You are sick.

Phuck you and phuck people like you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Benin_%281967%29

Phucking lying id!ot. angry angry angry

There you go again shouting like a castrated baboon with no substance.

Did your people fight during the war? Who did they fight?
Was your land used as base for Nigerian military?

Who did we execute exactly. If you want to know about execution, read up on Asaba massacre.

When Biafra went through mid west, Biafran soldiers did not commit any attrocities. Infact after reading what you posted, you should hide your head in shame and regret because most of you would wish that you have your republic of Benin today.

You bastard. A man without country. Biafra gave you a country and you threw it away, gave your women and your oil wells to abokis and you turn around and accuse us of your woes. Ungrateful nicompoops.

NL is full of people praying to their different gods for division and to have their own countries 45 years after Ojukwu started doing it.

Just listen to yourself speak: so there you were minding your own business and being docile and all and all of a sudden in comes muderous biafran troops executing you and giving you a country of your own. Then comes nigeria rexecuting you and taking your country away. And what did you do? did you retaliate? Did you chicken out? Did a an Yoruba r'.ape your ancestress to transfer cowardice and spirit of betrayal to you?

Now let's leave 1967 and come back to 2012. Where are you and what are you? Where are your riches gone to? Who owns you? What hope do your children have? You want bring mouth for igbos. We have always been and always will be better that you.

Cursed is your land
Cursed are your riches for you
Your inheritance is forever passed to strangers (abokis)

I spit on you and all you represent
I spit on your tribe and customs

Ojukwu was wrong to show you people kindness. The next generation of Biafrans are another breed.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:53am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

You are a phucking liar. I was talking about the invasion of the Midwest by Biafra.
I responded to your hate-filled lies that minorities betrayed Biafra. If anything, we were onlookers caught up in something nobody told us about.

Dude, I'm pretty sick of hearing hateful lies from people like you.

You call it invasion, I call it passing by.
Some minorities did betray Biafra. Are you one of them?
You were never onlookers. You are part and parcel of the entity called nigeria. You whored to the abokis and are reaping the fruits of your whoredom.
Stop deceiving yourself.

I am pretty sick of you lot.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:53am On May 25, 2012
@Beaf, I just thought of this and wanted to get your opinion.
With clear hindsight now, don't you think that "Republic of Benin" would have been a GREAT country by now?
I've never thought of this before. Honestly. I've always thought that the whole idea of Biafran forces entering Midwest and its associated headache was just a distraction and very bad idea. There was NOTHING Biafra would have gained from it except perhaps that the leader of the new Republic of Benin was Igbo. Maybe y'all thought that he would merge the territory with Biafra later. lol cheesy grin cheesy

I need your honest answer. I gotta run along though. I'll be back later to continue. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:54am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

There you go again shouting like a castrated baboon with no substance.

Did your people fight during the war? Who did they fight?
Was your land used as base for Nigerian military?

Who did we execute exactly. If you want to know about execution, read up on Asaba massacre.

When Biafra went through mid west, Biafran soldiers did not commit any attrocities. Infact after reading what you posted, you should hide your head in shame and regret because most of you would wish that you have your republic of Benin today.

You bastard. A man without country. Biafra gave you a country and you threw it away, gave your women and your oil wells to abokis and you turn around and accuse us of your woes. Ungrateful nicompoops.

NL is full of people praying to their different gods for division and to have their own countries 45 years after Ojukwu started doing it.

Just listen to yourself speak: so there you were minding your own business and being docile and all and all of a sudden in comes muderous biafran troops executing you and giving you a country of your own. Then comes nigeria rexecuting you and taking your country away. And what did you do? did you retaliate? Did you chicken out? Did a an Yoruba r'.ape your ancestress to transfer cowardice and spirit of betrayal to you?

Now let's leave 1967 and come back to 2012. Where are you and what are you? Where are your riches gone to? Who owns you? What hope do your children have? You want bring mouth for igbos. We have always been and always will be better that you.

Cursed is your land
Cursed are your riches for you
Your inheritance is forever passed to strangers (abokis)

I spit on you and all you represent
I spit on your tribe and customs

Ojukwu was wrong to show you people kindness. The next generation of Biafrans are another breed.

You spit on yourself and your family.

You are stup!d, it is well known that David Ejoor strived to be neutral in the run up to the war.
Go and make up your hateful lies to fill the gaps in your personal shortcomings.

Biafra invaded the Midwest and killed people, only for pathetic scum like you to attempt to invent history.

Lying fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:58am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

You call it invasion, I call it passing by.
Some minorities did betray Biafra. Are you one of them?
You were never onlookers. You are part and parcel of the entity called nigeria. You whored to the abokis and are reaping the fruits of your whoredom.
Stop deceiving yourself.

I am pretty sick of you lot.

History calls it an invasion. It doesn't matter what a bastar'd like you calls it. Ok?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:58am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

You spit on yourself and your family.

You are stup!d, it is well known that David Ejoor strived to be neutral in the run up to the war.
Go and make up your hateful lies to fill the gaps in your personal shortcomings.

Biafra invaded the Midwest and killed people, only for pathetic scum like you to attempt to invent history.

Lying fool.

But I ask you to substantiate. Who did we kill, who did we execute?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:59am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

History calls it an invasion. It doesn't matter what a bastar'd like you calls it. Ok?

Which history? The one made up by your no-victor-no-vanquished nigeria?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 1:00am On May 25, 2012
Onlytruth: @Beaf, I just thought of this and wanted to get your opinion.
With clear hindsight now, don't you think that "Republic of Benin" would have been a GREAT country by now?
I've never thought of this before. Honestly. I've always thought that the whole idea of Biafran forces entering Midwest and its associated headache was just a distraction and very bad idea. There was NOTHING Biafra would have gained from it except perhaps that the leader of the new Republic of Benin was Igbo. Maybe y'all thought that he would merge the territory with Biafra later. lol cheesy grin cheesy

I need your honest answer. I gotta run along though. I'll be back later to continue. cool

Perhaps it would, but it could also have failed in the same way most colonies and artificial creations fail.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 1:03am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Which history? The one made up by your no-victor-no-vanquished nigeria?

Don't you think it is only cowards that prey on smaller guys?
That is exactly what I think each time pathetic basta'rds like you come telling lies and thinking they can whitewash facts and make up fantastic stories against minorities.

You always talk like a fool anyway, so you must be one.

Coward.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 1:06am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

Don't you think it is only cowards that prey on smaller guys?
That is exactly what I think each time pathetic basta'rds like you come telling lies and thinking they can whitewash facts and make up fantastic stories against minorities.

You always talk like a fool anyway, so you must be one.

Coward.

You made serious allegations against my people which I am asking you to substantiate and this is what you come up with.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 1:08am On May 25, 2012
Talking about Midwest, it's known that a Biafran contingent lead by Banjo was headed to Lagos and passed through Midwest.
Mission: take the seat of government and end the war. They were stopped at Ore. Republic of Benin was created with no fuss.

Republic of Benin fell so soon and became Nigeria again and was used as a base by Nigerian forces. Fact.
Some of those from Midwest fought alongside Nigerians, thus became enemies of Biafra. Fact.
So Beaf, if your dad was targeted for execution, he must have been working for Nigerian forces so was a high value target/enemy. Fact.

More so, I still don't know how you got into this discussion since the minorities the post you replied to were those within Biafra. Midwesterners were never classified as betrayals by Biafrans because the were never Biafrans. So how would you betray what you are not part of? Now go figure.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 1:10am On May 25, 2012
Obiagu1: Talking about Midwest, it's known that a Biafran contingent lead by Banjo was headed to Lagos and passed through Midwest. Mission: take the seat of government and end the war. They were stopped at Ore. Republic of Benin was created with no fuss.

Republic of Benin fell so soon and became Nigeria again and was used as a base by Nigerian forces. Fact.
Some of those from Midwest fought alongside Nigerians, thus became enemies of Biafra. Fact.
So Beaf, if your dad was targeted for execution, he must have been working for Nigerian forces so was a high value target/enemy. Fact.

More so, I still don't know how you got into this discussion since the minorities the post you replied to was those within Biafra. Midwesterners were never classified as betrayals by Biafrans because the were never Biafrans. So how would you betray what you are not part of? Now go figure.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 1:17am On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Yeah, like biafrans were going to dash us Odua republic?? The question remains, "Na who beg una"?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 1:27am On May 25, 2012
Obiagu1: Talking about Midwest, it's known that a Biafran contingent lead by Banjo was headed to Lagos and passed through Midwest.
Mission: take the seat of government and end the war. They were stopped at Ore. Republic of Benin was created with no fuss.

More so, I still don't know how you got into this discussion since the minorities the post you replied to was those within Biafra. Midwesterners were never classified as betrayals by Biafrans because the were never Biafrans. So how would you betray what you are not part of? Now go figure.

Dude, my father along with many others, had nothing to do with either the FG or Biafra. Both sides were wicked and only saw us as puns. Till today, we have quite a few family friends who are fatherless, because their fathers (whose only crime was being top shots in the Midwest govt) were executed in cold blood by Biafra.
Please do not talk stup!dly about what you do not know.

There is no point whitewashing anything. Neither Biafra nor the FG asked us for any pact or favour; both sides simply came in and trampled the people. In fact, if the Midwest had not been neutral, Biafra wouldn't have been able to come in, because the state would have been armed and ready as part of the FG.
As is common with the majority groups in Nigeria, Biafra phucked up by not taking the minorities serious and talking to them. Afterall, the Midwest had just walked out of the Western region in anger. Stup!d approach and now stup!d rewriting of history. angry
More than anything, that led to its defeat and the horrors of the war. It is left for the new generation to be wiser.

Lastly, when you guys talk about being betrayed by Niger Deltans or SS people, make sure you define exactly who you are talking about. Even when you talk about Ijaws, note that sizeable populations exist both inland in Delta state and along the coast to Ondo - these were never in Biafra too. You cannot use a wide brush and not expect Niger Deltans and SS people to react angrily.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 1:49am On May 25, 2012
^^^

Well, it's only your dad that knows exactly who he was during that war.
That aside, I wonder how the US would fight in Afghanistan without passing through other territories. Whatever I said above was as it was; no need rewriting history.
Now when you say "Biafra phucked up by not taking the minorities serious", that will be far from the truth. Minority groups are many and there were many interests, moreover war was raging. There was no way everyone will go with your view no matter how gifted you are, you can't convince everyone.
The people that headed Republic of Benin were convinced, if not they wouldn't have gone ahead with it. Those Ijaws that fought alongside Biafrans bought the idea and did so because they were convinced. It's only a fool that would ignore talking to others in such situation.

Even today, when you talk about Biafra, many are not buying it despite the fact they are not happy with Nigeria. Will you tomorrow, if another Biafra was created and it fell, say that the minorities were not carried along if those that did not agree with its creation cripple the effort? For the fact, Biafra 2nd in command was a minority.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 2:08am On May 25, 2012
Obiagu1: Well, it's only your dad that knows exactly who he was during that war.
That aside, I wonder how the US would fight in Afghanistan without passing through other territories. Whatever I said above was as it was; no need rewriting history.
Now when you say "Biafra phucked up by not taking the minorities serious", that will be far from the truth. Minority groups are many and there were many interests, moreover war was raging. There was no way everyone will go with your view no matter how gifted you are, you can't convince everyone.
The people that headed Republic of Benin were convinced, if not they wouldn't have gone ahead with it. Those Ijaws that fought alongside Biafrans bought the idea and did so because they were convinced. It's only a fool that would ignore talking to others in such situation.

Even today, when you talk about Biafra, many are not buying it despite the fact they are not happy with Nigeria. Will you tomorrow, if another Biafra was created and it fell, say that the minorities were not carried along if those that did not agree with its creation cripple our effort? For the fact, Biafra 2nd in command was a minority.

It is simple logic that Biafra decided to overthrow the govt in the Midwest, kill all top officials, install their own govt and declare a spurious republic to be ruled from Enugu. History bears that out, and no amount of lies or sentiment can cover that fact up.
The govt of the so-called Republic of Benin were Biafrans and when the FG invaded, they fled back to Biafra.

If there is another Biafra and the same thing happens, I will not be part of it, NEITHER WILL MY PEOPLE BE. You cannot conquer people or look down on them and hope they will be allies by some miracle.

I am glad that you aknowledge that it is only a fool that would ignore talking to others in the situation Biafra found herself in. Blame your leaders at the time for a colossal error. They could go all the way to Yoruba land to get Banjo, but they couldn't talk to a single Urhobo, Edo or Itsekiri soldier. General Ejoor was neutral, an Urhobo man whose people had just left the Western Region, yet no effort was made to convince him, rather he too was targetted for death. That guy is a family friend. Ok? Biafra did everything they could to scare the wits out of such a powerful and strategic fellow in the Nigerian armed forces and now we hear false stories of "betrayal." Its a pity and it is enraging.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 2:59am On May 25, 2012

[Chorus]

You be thief (I no be thief)
You be rogue (I no be rogue)
You dey steal (I no dey steal)
You be robber (I no be robber)
You be armed robber (No be armed robber)
I no be thief (You be thief)
I no be rogue (You be rogue)
I no dey steal (You dey steal)
I no be robber (You be robber)
I no be armed robber (You be armed robber)
[Chorus]
Argument, argument!
Argument, argument, argue
Them argue
Everbody dem argue
Them dem dem argue
Up and down them argue
Everbody dem argue
Them dem dem dem argue
Yes yes, them argue
Everbody dem argue
Argument about stealing
Somebody don take something
Wey belong to another person

Then you go hear:
You be thief (I no be thief)...
On top of the road, on the side
'
'
'
Ati be be lo

Respects - Fela omo iya aje.

Dede1, I do not admire your foolish antics of calling our dear country cesspit, but I know that you try your best to provide historical facts regardless of whose ox is gored (though you embellish once in a while). Now, what really happened? Why did you, Eziachi (the respected NL biafran warrior) and others do what Beaf alleges? I ask you because I know you do not shy away from difficult questions.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:00am On May 25, 2012
The Midwest had nothing to do with a betrayal of Biafra. End of story.

I honestly don't see how the Ijaws in general 'betrayed' anybody, but I understand why some people would interpret it that way from their perspective.

This is a decent article which shows little bias and sheds some light on that issue for those that intend to discuss it among themselves (I'm not going to get involved, I'm no longer interested in Biafra v Nigeria threads.):

www.codesria.org/IMG/pdf/04_Dahou.pdf
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 3:02am On May 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Dede1, I do not admire your foolish antics of calling our dear country cesspit, but I know that you try your best to provide historical facts regardless of whose ox is gored (though you embellish once in a while). Now, what really happened? Why did you, Eziachi (the respected NL biafran warrior) and others do what Beaf alleges? I ask you because I know you do not shy away from difficult questions.

Dude, we are having a family quarell, strangers are unwelcome. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 3:08am On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, we are having a family quarell, strangers are unwelcome. Thanks.

Biko, do not use my presence as an excuse to stop the interesting discussion. Dede1 will answer my question shortly. I will also checkout the link posted by Physics.

@Physics, Can you envision any scenario wherein your people can share a new country with Igbos, in Biafra or some other country? You don't have to answer and I am not here to bait.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Rear Admiral IO Mohammed, Seaman Haruna Goshit Scheduled For Public Hearing / Drama As LG Chairman Beats Lawmaker To A Pulp In Delta / Bomb Attack At School of Legal Studies In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.