Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Polygamy And Faith: Is Polygamy A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polygamy And Faith: Is Polygamy A Sin? (816 Views)

Is Polygamy A Sin In The Bible? / Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? / Scientific Rationalism, Reason And Faith: Which Produces Systematic Knowledge? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy And Faith: Is Polygamy A Sin? by nairawall: 10:20am On May 27, 2012
Kings, prophets and great servants of God in the Bible were polygamous and God still blessed them yet we are being told today that polygamy is a sin.In other words, the Bible hates polygamy according to my pastor yet God blessed polygamous families in the Bible and even allowed our Lord Jesus to be born into a polygamous ancestral lineage (Jacob). The Koran however allows Muslims to marry as many wives as they can support. Most Muslims in Africa are polygamous.

Being a Christian, I have been preached and I have been told several times that polygamy is a sin but I will like to know what the Bible actually says about polygamy? Is polygamy a sin?
Re: Polygamy And Faith: Is Polygamy A Sin? by solbil: 11:29am On May 27, 2012
my dear, polygammy is not a sin not even by bible standard. I am a christian and i have not seen any where in the bible where it was stated that it is a sin. All the apostles where born in to polygamous home. And even some christians (catholics) believe that jesus was probably born into polygamous home. That joseph took the wife of his late brother and made children for his brother according to the jewish law
Re: Polygamy And Faith: Is Polygamy A Sin? by solbil: 1:25pm On May 27, 2012
abraham was polygamous yet he is "our father in faith" David was polygamous and he was called "the man after gods own heart" jesus knew about polygamy for it was done before he came, during his life time on earth and after his life on earth, yet he did not condemn it. Had it been it is as bad as pastors paint it today, jesus would have said something about it. Open the gospels and i guarantee you will never find where it was written or where we can infere that polygamy is sin. Finally, the bible says: "god is the same yesterday, today and forever" if he allowed it then i wonder why he would not alow it now!
Re: Polygamy And Faith: Is Polygamy A Sin? by Nobody: 7:13am On May 28, 2012
Solomon had 700 wives 300 concubines. David had numerous wives. As long as you have the cash to sustain all of them, no wahala.

(1) (Reply)

Are All Sins Equal Before The Lord?? / Christian Dating & "God Said Things" / How Many Prophecies For 2012 Have Been Fulfilled So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.