Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (16870 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by cube63: 10:40am On Jul 06, 2012
Who on this earth has never had an unprotected sex should please step forward?? Anyone? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided So i thought. My friends it's only GOD that protects, even condoms burst open unexpectedly. (You stop sex and wear another right?) Well i know people who go press pause and play at the same time Lol.

Except the LORD watches the city the watchman watch but in vain. wink

Safe!
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by cube63: 10:43am On Jul 06, 2012
Patsey:

So this happen even at post-primary school level? OMG. WASSCE students must be minors and the teacher, as an adult, acting in locum parentis yet shagging minors is simply a paedophile. He should be sent to jail. But this is Nigeria where ANYTHING HAPPENS AND PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH IT WITH IMPUNITY! VERY VERY SHAMEFUL.

Locum Parentis ko, Liquor Scrotomis ni, Mtchew! Shioor! undecided

Have you Considered Teaodophile Insanity? Instead of your "paedophile & Impunity" Even spelling is wrong sef it is "pedo-phile"

Type wetin all man go understand oh jare! Moderator pursue this guy grin shocked
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by popegirl(f): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2012
i did mine 6months ago
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by ehizmac: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
i dont have any argument with conducting an HIV test but here is my argument, a patient comes to a clinic whose PCV (packed cell volume) is very low and would need blood then there is no match at the blood bank so you try to find a match among family member then somewhere along the line you get a match, the next thing is to conduct some test on the match like RVS (HIV test) and others then the person reports negative so you transfuse the blood to the patient to save the life...now here is my argument why didnt the donor come back after 3month to be re-tested before such a blood can be transfused... because as for me when a person reports negative i see no reason for another test to be conducted after 3months because if there is then, i think the issue of blood transfusion might not be entirely safe all medical practitioners in the house i need your response on this

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Burger01(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
tribalism: the first time was when i first thought of marrying and the second was just on a visit to the hospital with a friend who just suggested we should run the test, i just said ok. but he asked what if you are test positive and i just told him, sebi they have ARV.
I like your response. I have friends that are reactive and are on ARV, all living well and fine. What kills is not the HIV but fear, stigmatization and non-adherence to ART. These people are all our brothers and sisters, lets not STIGMATIZE!!!. What do we say about those that got infected through birth?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Burger01(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
poweredcom: Why will I do such a test hiv lie lie when ma system is strong well I encourage people to eat well and take jobylyn tablets its an immune booster ok its just 1200 naira very good tablet
You are wrong my guy..
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
pauloman: I have actually done it thrice now and the first two i knew was negative,the last being 2weeks ago when i was asked to do a full medical examination by an Organisation. Although i was not shown the report of the medical examination but i was told i that i do not have any medical abnormality....could that also mean a negative status for the HIV test too ?
HIV test is not supposed to be done without your consent. The medical examination may not include HIV test because if it did and your consent was not taken, the result turned out +ve and you were refused employment based on HIV result you could actually sue the company.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
chucky234: Never tested and not planning to either,I don't live a reckless life as I always have the capital word AIDS at the back of my mind 24/7
You can't be so sure. As men we patronize barbing saloons and might have had our hair cuts with unsterilized tools. One sure way we can be sure is to go for testing. This won't kill us o.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
iykak47: Hiv test kwa, if one is positive what follows? angry
You get counseled and Preassessed and proper lab investigations carried out to determine your ART eligibility status. If eligible you start ART to make you live a normal life and fight against any OIs. If not ART eligible you get monitored and treated appropriately. Fear NOT, so lets go for testing my guy.. wink
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
alhussangle@gma:
I intentionally sleep with HIV Positive girls since the death of my wife in 2004 as a result of HIV. But i refuse doing the Test 4 fear of the Psychological implication shd i be tested Positive.
You may not be +ve if your partner is already on ART and her VL is undetectable with higher CD4 count. But, its good to try and check your status.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
hapi: I don't buy whatever the united states, glaxo and w.h.o sales passionately. The whole hiv stuff is a fraud, billions of dollars are being trown into it yearly and no cure except that arv that will surely kill u when u take it. Those in the medical field, have u ever re-done gallo experiment to prove that hiv exist?
My guy, don't be ignorant sir. I once had your notion. HIV IS REAL. If well managed it doesn't kill. HIV EXISTS sir...
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
ehizmac: i dont have any argument with conducting an HIV test but here is my argument, a patient comes to a clinic whose PCV (packed cell volume) is very low and would need blood then there is no match at the blood bank so you try to find a match among family member then somewhere along the line you get a match, the next thing is to conduct some test on the match like RVS (HIV test) and others then the person reports negative so you transfuse the blood to the patient to save the life...now here is my argument why didnt the donor come back after 3month to be re-tested before such a blood can be transfused... because as for me when a person reports negative i see no reason for another test to be conducted after 3months because if there is then, i think the issue of blood transfusion might not be entirely safe all medical practitioners in the house i need your response on this
I like this question. Life saving is the issue here. Yeah, we did get a match and yeah the blood was tested and passed for transfusion. At the point the donor donated, time and life saving factor mattered most. The donor may come back 3 months to be re-tested or may not, but, we definitely would carry a test on the blood recipient for further monitoring. Good question.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by omoharry(f): 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
Lol, i remember back in school days, was always falling ill and had to do series of test(HIV INCLUSIVE) the result came out to be positive. i remeber the deadly state i was then.I had to go for a confirmation test only to discover i was negative, i lost appetite for three days.I was really crossed with the hospital.never went to there again.THIS HIV STORY NO BE JOKE OO!
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by pauloman(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
Biyi1471:
HIV test is not supposed to be done without your consent. The medical examination may not include HIV test because if it did and your consent was not taken, the result turned out +ve and you were refused employment based on HIV result you could actually sue the company.

Well sir, the medical examination was not for employment but for the embassy for travel purpose. So i believe an HIV test is deemed to be inclusive among the many medical tests that were conducted,right ? Sorry are u male or female?
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Biyi 1471, are you a doctor pls?
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by bullseye2(f): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
Biyi1471:
You get counseled and Preassessed and proper lab investigations carried out to determine your ART eligibility status. If eligible you start ART to make you live a normal life and fight against any OIs. If not ART eligible you get monitored and treated appropriately. Fear NOT, so lets go for testing my guy.. wink
[
Biyi1471:
quote author=Biyi1471]
You get counseled and Preassessed and proper lab investigations carried out to determine your ART eligibility status. If eligible you start ART to make you live a normal life and fight against any OIs. If not ART eligible you get monitored and treated appropriately. Fear NOT, so lets go for testing my guy.. wink [/quote]

Good job biyi with trying to enlighten folks here on NL. I think u'd do a beta job by avoiding acronyms - OI, ART, VL. I'm sure non-medics are lost.

PS: u seem to have generated some interest in your person. See belo
w.
Caracta: @Biyi 1471, are you a doctor pls?
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by bullseye2(f): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
Biyi1471:
[
Biyi1471:
quote author=Biyi1471]
]

Good job biyi with trying to enlighten folks here on NL. I think u'd do a beta job by avoiding acronyms - OI, ART, VL. I'm sure non-medics are lost. cheesy

PS: u seem to have generated some interest in your person. See below cheesy

He probably is.

pauloman:

Well sir, the medical examination was not for employment but for the embassy for travel purpose. So i believe an HIV test is deemed to be inclusive among the many medical tests that were conducted,right ? Sorry are u male or female?

Can't tell.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
pauloman:

I am a young man. No sir... Compulsory HIV tests were void for visa purposes. The USA is in the forefront of campaigning against stigmatization and compulsory disclosure of HIV status. Be rest assured an HIV test is NOT mandatory for travel purpose.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2012
I work in Harvard PEPFAR sponsored site in Nigeria. PEPFAR stands for United State "President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief". Now transitioning to APIN (Aids Prevention Initiative of Nigeria). I am a data manager in one of the sites. We promote and encourage treatments and general well being of reactive (+ve) patients and exposed babies. One of the beauties of this program is our PMTCT (Preventing Mother-to-child Transmission of HIV) program. Babies of reactive mothers would be delivered with proper intervention to avoid transmission to babies. So far, my sites have done wonderfully well in this regard. It's so nice to see babies delivered through this program coming out Non-reactive and to see reactive people living normal live. It gives me joy to be part of such program and achievement. HIV is NOT the end of the world... wink

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
bulls_eye: [quote author=Biyi1471]

Good job biyi with trying to enlighten folks here on NL. I think u'd do a beta job by avoiding acronyms - OI, ART, VL. I'm sure non-medics are lost.

PS: u seem to have generated some interest in your person. See belo
w.@Biyi 1471, are you a doctor pls?
No ma, I am not a doctor but, I have massive knowledge in HIV program. We attended PEPFAR and APIN trainings as Data Managers and as such we were trained and expected to know what the Doctors know concerning HIV prevention and treatment so we could apply these in patient data management in our electronic database. I have friends and colleagues who are doctors and HIV doctors.

@bulls_eye, I am sorry for the acronyms.. OIs means "Opportunistic Infections", ART means "Anti Retro-viral Treatment", VL is "Viral Load"
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by pauloman(m): 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
Biyi1471:
I am a young man. No sir... Compulsory HIV tests were void for visa purposes. The USA is in the forefront of campaigning against stigmatization and compulsory disclosure of HIV status. Be rest assured an HIV test is NOT mandatory for travel purpose.

For USA i am very sure of that but what of Canada and the UK are they also voiding the disclosure of HIV status during medical examinations too?
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
[quote author=Biyi1471][/quote]

That's a good one!
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
pauloman:

For USA i am very sure of that but what of Canada and the UK are they also voiding the disclosure of HIV status during medical examinations too?
I am not so sure of Canada and UK. I am conversant with USA HIV ethical policies.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by ayo84(m): 8:17am On Jul 08, 2012
Why are people still falling for this AIDs/HIV scam
and someone keeps deleting my posts.....

Famous Quotes About HIV/AIDS made by prominent professionals.
Im stressing a point on another conspiracy illusion we believe.

Dr. Kary Mullis, Biochemist, 1993 Nobel Prize for Chemistry:
"If there is evidence that HIV causes AIDS, there should be scientific documents which either singly or collectively demonstrate that fact, at least with a high probability. There is no such document." (Sunday Times (London) 28 nov. 1993)

Dr. Heinz Ludwig Sänger, Emeritus Professor of Molecular Biology and Virology, Max-Planck-Institutes for Biochemy, München. Robert Koch Award 1978:
"Up to today there is actually no single scientifically really convincing evidence for the existence of HIV. Not even once such a retrovirus has been isolated and purified by the methods of classical virology." (Letter to Süddeutsche Zeitung 2000)

Dr. Serge Lang, Professor of Mathematics, Yale University:
"I do not regard the causal relationship between HIV and any disease as settled. I have seen considerable evidence that highly improper statistics concerning HIV and AIDS have been passed off as science, and that top members of the scientific establishment have carelessly, if not irresponsible, joined the media in spreading misinformation about the nature of AIDS." (Yale Scientific, Fall 1994)

Dr. Harry Rubin, Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley:
"It is not proven that AIDS is caused by HIV infection, nor is it proven that it plays no role whatever in the syndrome." (Sunday Times (London) 3 April 1994)

Dr. Richard Strohman, Emeritus Professor of Cell Biology at the University of California at Berkeley:
"In the old days it was required that a scientist address the possibilities of proving his hypothesis wrong as well as right. Now there's none of that in standard HIV-AIDS program with all its billions of dollars." (Penthouse April 1994)

Dr. Harvey Bialy, Molecular Biologist, former editor of Bio/Technology and Nature Biotechnology:
"HIV is an ordinary retrovirus. There is nothing about this virus that is unique. Everything that is discovered about HIV has an analogue in other retroviruses that don't cause AIDS. HIV only contains a very small piece of genetic information. There's no way it can do all these elaborate things they say it does." (Spin June 1992)

Dr. Roger Cunningham, Immunologist, Microbiologist and Director of the Centre for Immunology at the State University of New York at Buffalo:
"Unfortunately, an AIDS 'establishment' seems to have formed that intends to discourage challenges to the dogma on one side and often insists on following discredited ideas on the other." (Sunday Times (London) 3 April 1994)

Dr. Gordon Stewart, Emeritus Professor of Public Health, University of Glasgow:
"AIDS is a behavioural disease. It is multifactorial, brought on by several simultaneous strains on the immune system - drugs, pharmaceutical and recreational, sexually transmitted diseases, multiple viral infections." (Spin June 1992)

Dr. Alfred Hässig, (1921-1999), former Professor of Immunology at the University of Bern, and former director Swiss Red Cross blood banks:
"The sentence of death accompanying the medical diagnosis of AIDS should be abolished." (Sunday Times (London) 3 April 1994)

Dr. Charles Thomas, former Professor of Biochemistry, Harvard and John Hopkins Universities:
"The HIV-causes-AIDS dogma represents the grandest and perhaps the most morally destructive fraud that has ever been perpetrated on young men and women of the Western world." (Sunday Times (London) 3 April 1994)

Dr. Joseph Sonnabend, New York Physician, founder of the American Foundation for AIDS Research (AmFAR):
"The marketing of HIV, through press releases and statements, as a killer virus causing AIDS without the need for any other factors, has so distorted research and treatment that it may have caused thousands of people to suffer and die." (Sunday times (London) 17 May 1992)

Dr. Andrew Herxheimer, Emeritus Professor of Pharmacology, UK Cochrane Centre, Oxford:
"I think zidovudine [AZT] was never really evaluated properly and that its efficacy has never been proved, but it's toxicity certainly is important. And I think it has killed a lot of people. Especially at the high doses. I personally think it not worth using alone or in combination at all." (Continuum Oct. 2000)

Dr. Etienne de Harven, Emeritus Professor of Pathology, at the University of Toronto:
"Dominated by the media, by special pressure groups and by the interests of several pharmaceutical companies, the AIDS establishment efforts to control the disease lost contact with open-minded, peer-reviewed medical science since the unproven HIV/AIDS hypothesis received 100% of the research funds while all other hypotheses were ignored." (Reappraising AIDS Nov./Dec. 1998)

Dr. Bernard Forscher, former editor of the U.S. Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences:
"The HIV hypothesis ranks with the 'bad air' theory for malaria and the 'bacterial infection' theory of beriberi and pellagra [caused by nutritional deficiencies]. It is a hoax that became a scam." (Sunday Times (London) 3 April 1994)
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2012
@ayo84.. You need to take a walk to HIV sites.. If you still believe it doesn't exist I will make you believe otherwise.. Play safe man.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
Caracta:

That's a good one!
Thanks.. I like your profile pix.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2012
If you live a chaste life, and haven't been punctured to the point of bleeding, this is something you need not fear.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by yemorinho(m): 1:37am On Aug 04, 2012
yamunla: Me ke..! Even if dem go pay me 1.5 milla for the test,I no go gree do am..with the way I dey phuck with flesh nowadays like HEN..! Test ko! Aptitude ni.!
Hahahahahaha! Dude, i swear! U dey mad! Lwkmd!
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:54am On Aug 04, 2012
If you protect yourself and dont sleep around, you wouldnt be so afraid of such a simple test.

Im sure Nigeria is on the same path as SA anyway, denial doesnt change that
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 04, 2012
ThiefOfHearts: If you protect yourself and dont sleep around, you wouldnt be so afraid of such a simple test.

Im sure Nigeria is on the same path as SA anyway, denial doesnt change that

But you told me No the last time I asked you to go get checked. angry
you said I should "go and sleep" embarassed
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2012
*waka* angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orimerunmu Community In Ogun Chokes Under Fumes From Yoyo Recycling Plant / Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 6 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.