Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (37982 Views)

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Applicants For 2012/2013 .check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by LADEMINUS: 4:13pm On May 29, 2012
Coming up...

GEJ to announce supplementary Democracy Day Broadcast...

University of Ibadan to become Lamidi Adedibu University
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Ilaje44(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2012
toluxa1:

D way some Nigerians think is just ridiculous. MUST WE DO EVERYTHING LIKE THE WEST? So because there is University of Manchester, all our Universities too should follow suit. Rubbish!!! angry

No we must not... All universities and western ideas and values should be abolished with immediate effect.Corruption and mediocrity should be the order of the day.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by adeddao: 4:17pm On May 29, 2012
toluxa1:

D way some Nigerians think is just ridiculous. MUST WE DO EVERYTHING LIKE THE WEST? So because there is University of Manchester, all our Universities too should follow suit. Rubbish!!! angry

Must we change Unilag to make the name known, if we want a̶̲̥̅̊ university named after abiola why can't we create a̶̲̥̅̊ new school Ãήϑ name it after him. Afterall,we still need more schools in Nigeria.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ifeci: 4:23pm On May 29, 2012
u wanna get vulgar wit me,dnt u?typical of u unilag dogs.arguing wit u is becumin tiresome and useless.its jus lyk tryin to convince a boko haramist dat violence is haram.u chose to comment on the social part but deliberately ignored d lost academic glory.yet u ve d nerve to say am tinkin wit my..?i wud ve said u r tinkin wit ur Joystick but i knw many guys who do dt and stil reason more coherently dan u do.u r jus in a special class of ur own.am tired jare and bandying words wit an underdeveloped mind is nt on my menu.as i said earlier,if u cnt defend ur skul in a more coherent way,STFU!all u akokaites can jump into ur lagoon for al i care..

tired&useless cos u've gat nothing logical 2contribute anymore. r u dt quick @concluding? u hvn't even seen my CV to call me akokaite, which means, u can easily be deceived& dts why those "lot" of JOYsticks you mentioned will keep sticking in&out of u! cos u knw alot of guys &joysticks more than u knw ur academics!? well thats good to hear. I guess I knw ur own class now & at this point, if u show me someone with an underdeveloped mind, I'm sure you did be pointing at the mirror!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by janyj: 4:25pm On May 29, 2012
Biyi1471

Please guys and gals help me out, we used to say 'Great Akokiites', with this new name, what do call or how do we hail MAU students?

Great Malulites
Great Maulagites
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Ilaje44(m): 4:25pm On May 29, 2012
Was the school relocated? Why should it be a problem to call them Akokites? It seems you hear people say that phrase, but dont know the meaning of it. MAU just like UNILAG is located in Akoka, Yaba. Se o ti ye e bayi?

Biyi1471: Please guys and gals help me out, we used to say 'Great Akokiites', with this new name, what do we call or how do we hail MAU students?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by CuteTj(m): 4:26pm On May 29, 2012
This man keeps shooting himself in the balls. He should have consulted first before making this decision. Now we despise him more.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by jenti: 4:27pm On May 29, 2012
Iam a product of Unilag. This autocratic change must be contested in our courts . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-XThere is nowhere in our constitution that permits an institution established by law to have its name changed by the president in the way this president has done. If changing the name of a limited liability company demands going to CAC, then this change from University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University without any legal backing is unconstitutional and ultra vires. What happens to Unilag Ventures and othe legally established ventures and institutions associated with University of Lagos. At a time that Unilag is mourning , see what this wicked man has done to compound the sadness in the name of cheap publicity.
Here is an attempt to divert the attention of well meaning Nigerians from the looming corruption trailing this administration - The #155b corruption diversion of money, the Oil subsidy scandal, the Police Pension scandal, insecurity at home, the latest American Human Rights report etc. What a shamt lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Ilaje44(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2012
ojaxe: Why does dis mad man want to mar 50yrs of Excellence wit a statement made under the influence of sapele water and sheer stupidity? UNILAG is synonymous with excellence and class, not some backyard tribalized institution associated with dumb losers like MKO

Respect the dead...
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by BABSIN(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2012
To be Burried in Akoka

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 29, 2012
Ilaje44: Was the school relocated? Why should it be a problem to call them Akokites? It seems you hear people say that phrase, but dont know the meaning of it. MAU just like UNILAG is located in Akoka, Yaba. Se o ti ye e bayi?

O ti ye mi sir. I agree with you. But, I do not wish that MAU name reflects on my masters certificate o.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 29, 2012
brabus: [size=18]Emergency General Meeting!!![/size]

Calling on all the Alumnis of Abiola Group of Schools.

* MKO Abiola Pry School Adatan, Abeokuta
* Salawu Abiola Sec Sch Osiele, Abeokuta
* Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta,
* Moshood Abiola University, Lagos

There will an emergency meeting at MKO Abiola Stadium, off Abiola way, Abeokuta on 12 June, 2012.
All alumni, abiola babes and boys coming from Lagos should assemble at our liason office 1, Kudirat Abiola way, Oregun Lagos or MKO Abiola Gardens, Lagos.

Be Punctual!
Gosh.. See as u derep unilag almumni
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by fluxbush(f): 4:36pm On May 29, 2012
ifeci:

tired&useless cos u've gat nothing logical 2contribute anymore. r u dt quick @concluding? u hvn't even seen my CV to call me akokaite, which means, u can easily be deceived& dts why those "lot" of JOYsticks you mentioned will keep sticking in&out of u! cos u knw alot of guys &joysticks more than u knw ur academics!? well thats good to hear. I guess I knw ur own class now & at this point, if u show me someone with an underdeveloped mind, I'm sure you did be pointing at the mirror!

am so proud of u dat u even knw wat a CV means.so nw u r sayin u r nt a unilag student wen evrytin u ve bin blabbin from d start says odawise.and gosh!hw does joysticks affect my academics?u r jus plain stupid and dumb.at least i ve dem stickin in and outta me.try get jus one honeypot if u r even man enuf for dt simple task.as for lukin in d mirror,we luked at it togeda and al u saw was urself.deluded SOB.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ifeci: 4:49pm On May 29, 2012
am so proud of u dat u even knw wat a CV means.so nw u r sayin u r nt a unilag student wen evrytin u ve bin blabbin from d start says odawise.and gosh!hw does joysticks affect my academics?u r jus plain silly and dumb.at least i ve dem stickin in and outta me.try get jus one honeypot if u r even man enuf for dt simple task.as for lukin in d mirror,we luked at it togeda and al u saw was urself.deluded SOB.

oh my dear!, a honeypot is not an issue for me; u see, cos I have your likes and better off's at my beck&call. how come u type&sound like one of those dumped&broken hearted sistas? so getting a honeypot is ur true test of who is man enuf? another dull sista. smh!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by psamuell2(m): 4:54pm On May 29, 2012
MAUL sounds beta.
MAUL UNIVERSITY
moshood abiola university lagos.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 29, 2012
janyj: Biyi1471[/b]Great [b]Malulites
Great Maulagites

Sounds like something sickly lol.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 29, 2012
jenti: Iam a product of Unilag. This autocratic change must be contested in our courts . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-XThere is nowhere in our constitution that permits an institution established by law to have its name changed by the president in the way this president has done. If changing the name of a limited liability company demands going to CAC, then this change from University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University without any legal backing is unconstitutional and ultra vires. What happens to Unilag Ventures and othe legally established ventures and institutions associated with University of Lagos. At a time that Unilag is mourning , see what this wicked man has done to compound the sadness in the name of cheap publicity.
Here is an attempt to divert the attention of well meaning Nigerians from the looming corruption trailing this administration - The #155b corruption diversion of money, the Oil subsidy scandal, the Police Pension scandal, insecurity at home, the latest American Human Rights report etc. What a shamt lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I thought about this.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 29, 2012
MAU is still located in Akoka, and so still 'Greeeeaaaaat Akokites'.. grin
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 29, 2012
UNILAG ASUU Chairman blasts Jonathan for changing institutions name

---

The Chairman of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) branch of ASUU (Academic Staff Union of Universities), Dr Oghenekaro Ogbinaka, while addressing a gathering of protesting UNILAG students, assured them that the Union will fight against Jonathan’s decision to change the name of the tertiary institution to Moshood Abiola University.

“I want to tell you that ASUU is by you,

“the entire University of Lagos is by you,

“we woke up peacefully and saw a stupidd man announcing a stupidd decision” UNILAG-ASUU chairman, Dr Oghenekaro Ogbinaka said.

Dr. Ogenekaro stated that President Jonathan wanted to score a cheap political point with the decision to change UNILAG’s name.

Jonathan’s surprise decision to rename UNILAG as Moshood Abiola University angered majority of the students of University, who immediately began protesting the decision, insisting that “UNILAG must remain UNILAG”.

Jonathan said that renaming the University is in appreciation and honour of the contribution of late MKO Abiola.

Other principal officers of the tertiary institution who addressed disgruntled students appealed for calm, saying that they were not a part of the decision and that they were also against it.

Students protesting along the Yaba area of Lagos met the Oba of Lagos along the way. He said Jonathan should reverse the decision.

Meanwhile, the daughter of the late MKO abiola, Hafsat Abiola-Costello, described the presidents gesture as well deserved.

“It is honour well deserved. We should just remember that his commitment was to end poverty. That was what he was fighting for. It’s honour for him and those who fought with him.” Hafsat told Nigeria Politics Online.

---

Another way GEJ could honor Abiola by practicing true democracy and making it that of the people. I don't think Abiola would want a university named after him, not from such a rogue administration. Not even his daughter can see that.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by iykmora(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2012
this is what dat 'dafty' wants...any blood shed due to this issue must be on d head of GEJ...blood suckerz!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Yeske2(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2012

There will an emergency meeting at MKO Abiola Stadium, off Abiola way, Abeokuta on 12 June, 2012.
All alumni, abiola babes and boys coming from Lagos should assemble at our liason office 1, Kudirat Abiola way, Oregun Lagos or MKO Abiola Gardens, Lagos.

Be Punctual!
I love this.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 29, 2012
GO TO COURT TO STOP IT
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by didigor(f): 5:38pm On May 29, 2012
Did the UNILAG, now MAU, ASUU chairman actually call the president and his decision stupidd? shocked total lack of respsce for authority. Is that what he teaches his students? No wonder they are protesting.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by IYANGBALI: 5:39pm On May 29, 2012
i just hope he would not name MY GREAT UI after that gorrila that brought him to power. If he tries it,it would be wahala for him o. UI sounds so sweet for mouth imagine GEJ renaming UI after obj, Olusegun Obasanjo University,kai the name bitter for my mouth,he no get effizy nor swag at all.GREAT UI,GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 29, 2012
Demdem:

Make them shut up. This is above them
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by IYANGBALI: 5:51pm On May 29, 2012

Be Punctual!
i hope there would be item 7?amala,gbegiri,ewedu soup and eran orisirisi

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by bee20(f): 5:56pm On May 29, 2012
Some persons do not lik d new name cos it dsnt sound Behind; sounds lik a razz school dt has no class.. I'm only concerned abt gettin a degree in whatever school dt ma course is best taught in.. C, Nigerian schools will always b razz to pple in sm oda developed countries so wat the ..? We know our institutions and wat is d best so wats d matter? I thnk pple who get dr worth from thngs dy av and schools dy r affiliated wiv will av an issue wiv d change.. I don't support it maslf cos in Naija thngs r jus done 4 various reasons but we will stl cal it lag na.. Shebi we call PHCN NEPA till date..
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by dont8(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2012
booqee: Miss unilag will now be called miss MAU or is it miss MALU?? Buhahaha! *lwkmd!* chei!
And the formal queen will be refer to as formal miss MALU, lol.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by jotiv: 6:08pm On May 29, 2012
i laugh, our president is a funny guy, his tryn to approach d issue of the nation with emotional declaration. y didnt they name a sch 4rm ogun state after him
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tpia5: 6:10pm On May 29, 2012
didigor: Did the UNILAG, now MAU, ASUU chairman actually call the president and his decision stupidd? shocked total lack of respsce for authority. Is that what he teaches his students? No wonder they are protesting.

what exactly is not s.tupid about this matter?

are you ok?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tpia5: 6:15pm On May 29, 2012
@ topic

I'm very concerned about this name change and the fact that the initials now seem like a synonym for a certain militant group from another part of africa which was stamped out eventually by the british (dont know who founded it to begin with?)

Must everything gej does reflect cult association leanings?

btw what is gej's original indigenous family name since jonathan and goodluck are not found in any nigerian vocabulary.

moshood abiola almost never went by just two names. His full names are moshood kashimawo abiola (MKO). There is something very very fishy about goodluck jonathan and his backers (whoever they are).
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by IYANGBALI: 6:15pm On May 29, 2012
honestly i like this cange of name,it would make the yanga and the market value of the runs girls in the now MAUL to drop because SWAG NO DEY THE NAME AGAIN. UI BABES HERE I COME tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria (UNN) Direct Entry Aspirant 2014/2015 - Let's Meet Here. / UNN Twerking Saga: Obi Mirabel's Family Takes Action, Deletes Instagram Account / Meet Zahirat Galleon, University Of Maiduguri 1st Female SUG Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.