Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (37955 Views)

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Applicants For 2012/2013 .check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 29, 2012
MAPOLY students will now gain direct entry admission without stress to there sister skool MAUNI.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by s3nn2x(m): 1:23pm On May 29, 2012
For goodness sake, changing the name does not make sense. Whether we call it immotalization or not, it is a very stupid decision. I see drowning man trying to stay afloat. From all that was said this morning, it is only renaming Unilag that the president could do. If renaming the school was a good idea, then why are the students rioting at the moment. He did not even tell us how he was going to tackle poverty, unemployment or even insecurity. He just narrated what he thought he had done well, to tell you the truth, it seems like I have read something like that somewhere. On all lighter note, i will go and meet my unilag friends and ask them which school they attend now.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I dont give a fu-ck either about Jonathan but what I have always wanted was Abiola to be remembered in Nigeria ! If Jonathan finally did that,goodluck to him afterall obj had 8 years but he couldnt do it !

Even though 2015 politics is written all over the move, what do politicians do if not to play politics?

It's a good move but it's not enough. We want a day for MKO to be a nationally declared public holiday. That's the greatest honour he deserves.
Any thief can embezzle money and build university in his or her name, but not many can have a day declared in his honour.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 29, 2012
GEJ don vex oooo

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by cantell(m): 1:34pm On May 29, 2012
fluxbush: am stil waitin for u to enlighten me on dis 'glory'.am vry proud of my alma mater but if d gov changes it anyday,hw does dat translate in my lyf?wen u go for job interviews,do dey give unilag students special treatment?if u must knw,u al r arrogant pple who carry on on empty pride.imagine d comments made by pple suggesting dat osu shud ve bin renamed,lyk unilag is 'unrenameable'.mtchewww....if u guys dnt ve anytin constructive to do wit dis fyn day,i stil pray dat motor go jam una.
Lol. Dis guy get mouth!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ifeci: 1:34pm On May 29, 2012
am stil waitin for u to enlighten me on dis 'glory'.am vry proud of my alma mater but if d gov changes it anyday,hw does dat translate in my lyf?wen u go for job interviews,do dey give unilag students special treatment?if u must knw,u al r arrogant pple who carry on on empty pride.imagine d comments made by pple suggesting dat osu shud ve bin renamed,lyk unilag is 'unrenameable'.mtchewww....if u guys dnt ve anytin constructive to do wit dis fyn day,i stil pray dat motor go jam una.

yes my dear, they do! there is always preference, if you you don't know, know it now. even some foreign organisations that recruit freshers from Nigerian universities restrict i to lag and a few other ones. even blackberry that was recruiting undergraduates was particular on unilag, cal,abj, ph&igbenedion! so tell me if this is not preference?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by fluxbush(f): 1:36pm On May 29, 2012
cantell:
Lol. Dis guy get mouth!
hey!am a gurl! angry
cantell:
Lol. Dis guy get mouth!
hey!am a gurl!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by nyabingi(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2012
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA WOULD TO BE RENAMED ORJI UZOR KALU UNIVERSITY...clueless leader mmchewwww!!!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by fluxbush(f): 1:44pm On May 29, 2012
ifeci:

yes my dear, they do! there is always preference, if you you don't know, know it now. even some foreign organisations that recruit freshers from Nigerian universities restrict i to lag and a few other ones. even blackberry that was recruiting undergraduates was particular on unilag, cal,abj, ph&igbenedion! so tell me if this is not preference?
u jus mentioned practically al d fed uni in d south.i asked u specifically abt unilag.mind u,dese uni u mentioned r situated in d hrt of cities,so it wud profit dis foreign organisation.u jus put up a vry weak and silly defence for ur alma mater(dats if u ve even graduated sef).if we were in a court of law,dis case wud ve bin thrown out.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Jaykizz(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2012
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
b4 nko jonathan has notin upstairs to do so he wil claim he achvd doin dat
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by BBDelta(m): 1:53pm On May 29, 2012
If Jonathan wants to Immortalize the Name of MKO "assuming it means anything to anybody". There are ways to go about it in a democratic settings. You don't just come up with something like this. Where was Jonathan when the name was given Lagos, when all the integrity, hardwork and fame attached to Lagos was derived. That school shares the same glory & status like the state its self and perharps adds to promote the state. If you must remeber MKO, look for all you can do to right the wrongs against Him and his family, go to his village and make a mark, look for his children and assist them to be Great, Let them get Justice in Court. I don't subscribe to old ways of recognizing people called immortalization when they are dead, just like I don't believe in inheritance after death, If you cannot honour me why I am alive then honour my children or my family that is alive. As my Father if you cannot empower me when you are alive, then you are hoping you are giving me something when you are dead and I will regard you wealth & sweat, you are just deceiving yourself. When a man is dead he cannot give anybody anything, so I wonder where that word inheritance came from? ok He writes A Will and waits for your life to have more damage and when he is gone before you can get inheritance from him. What happens to June 12, Make it a public Holiday or even change it to democracy day or something to make that event remarkable, but even at that it must be through due process.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Fraih(f): 1:55pm On May 29, 2012
Chai......moshood abiola uni! Ds is cute..ahahahah ;DChai......moshood abiola uni! Ds is cute..ahahahah
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by AndroBlaze: 1:55pm On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

No sir. . . .It's you that need to find out what went wrong.If Abiola was Babangida's puppet as presumed,why did he cancel his election ? The event of the primaries to the main election said it all that Abiola wont be declared; he was anti-west at a time capitalism was growing in Nigeria coupled with the fact that the hausa didnt want a southerner to rule them.THE ONLY YORUBAS AGAINST abiola were those that dined with the Babangia and posterity will judge them !

What are you actually contesting Blu?? Are you saying MKO and IBB were not bosom friends and in fact family friends for years? Are you contesting that Kola was suppose to marry IBB's first daughter even after his father's imprisonment by the same man?? Are you contesting that it wasn't with MKO's financial and political support that IBB was enboldened to perform his coup and consolidate his power?? Or that he didn't do the same for Abacha after he took over from his fellow Egba?? Or that both of them started the first main religious squabble we had by dragging a secular Nigeria into the OIC?? Or are you then suggesting that Abiola's emergence as the SDP candidate wasn't made infinitely easier by his bosom friend IBB unfairly disqualifying a host of other legitimate candidates? Because all of this irrefutable public knowledge available in the public domain if you did not know.

Well anyway, I am not contesting the fact that Abiola's sacrifice is among the single greatest acts that allow us to term ourselves "free" now and that by his latter actions he does deserve to be commemorated by all Nigerians, especially if it's this demo-CRAZY we are celebrating.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tjmc: 1:58pm On May 29, 2012
Desola:

bless you!

trying to turn unilag into an advanced secondary school, wink wink
or maybe a strip dancing school for husslers shocked shocked
i bet u next year jambites no go apply to dat school grin grin grin
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by FILEBE(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2012
We d students of unilag strngly protest d change of unilag to mau, if dis is among d new developments in the thinkin faculty of Jonathan..i say that he shal surely have no Goodluck in this. Enough of political meddling into educational system. ONLY God knws what he stands to gain in this, but he shud cary his biznes venture to a wiling customer - unversity of lagos isnt buying his new name!
Perhaps he dreamt it up over9te, perhaps d nightmare of his wife promtd him to changing Unilag's name, perhaps it is one of dices needed for political game- but here ends our PATIENCE with him: if he has realized the importance of changing names, I beg of him nt to change Unilag's name, we ar happy and satisfied with our name! If there is a name to change, it's Goodluck! It has brought us no luck so far and mayb Badluck wil work for him and Whateva hidden Agenda Gej has on his desk should b fowarded to anoda angle. We want no part of it! We ar Akokites, Great Unilag students
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by meedx: 1:59pm On May 29, 2012
It is time someone told President Jonathan that CONSULTATION is the key in DEMOCRACY and not IMPOSITION!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 29, 2012
bayooooooo:

Even though 2015 politics is written all over the move, what do politicians do if not to play politics?

It's a good move but it's not enough. We want a day for MKO to be a nationally declared public holiday. That's the greatest honour he deserves.
Any thief can embezzle money and build university in his or her name, but not many can have a day declared in his honour.

Yes bros. . . .Sooner or later,a real democrat will change the democracy day from may 29 to june 12 which signifies the real struggle for democracy in Nigeria !
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 29, 2012
Andro Blaze:

What are you actually contesting Blu?? Are you saying MKO and IBB were not bosom friends and in fact family friends for years? Are you contesting that Kola was suppose to marry IBB's first daughter even after his father's imprisonment by the same man?? Are you contesting that it wasn't with MKO's financial and political support that IBB was enboldened to perform his coup and consolidate his power?? Or that he didn't do the same for Abacha after he took over from his fellow Egba?? Or that both of them started the first main religious squabble we had by dragging a secular Nigeria into the OIC?? Or are you then suggesting that Abiola's emergence as the SDP candidate wasn't made infinitely easier by his bosom friend IBB unfairly disqualifying a host of other legitimate candidates? Because all of this irrefutable public knowledge available in the public domain if you did not know.

Well anyway, I am not contesting the fact that Abiola's sacrifice is among the single greatest acts that allow us to term ourselves "free" now and that by his latter actions he does deserve to be commemorated by all Nigerians, especially if it's this demo-CRAZY we are celebrating.

Abiola was a businessman and he worked for the military regimes and that doesnt mean he cant rule Nigeria.It's just like stopping Adenuga from becoming president simply because he owns Glo under Pdp government.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by nyabingi(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2012
ogbeche77: GEJ don vex oooo

I don laf taya i no no when my pikin pik pocket me!!!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:05pm On May 29, 2012
sirwebs: From Twitter:
Boy: So what school are you in?
Girl: Moshood Abiola University
Boy: Oh, That's in Ekiti, right?
Men, very funny. I don't like the name change at all. There is Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Ogun State already.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ifeci: 2:08pm On May 29, 2012
u jus mentioned practically al d fed uni in d south.i asked u specifically abt unilag.mind u,dese uni u mentioned r situated in d hrt of cities,so it wud profit dis foreign organisation.u jus put up a vry weak and silly defence for ur alma mater(dats if u ve even graduated sef).if we were in a court of law,dis case wud ve bin thrown out.

No, I no graduate but I will also make u understand that the name of a school has an effect its certificates. that is how the real world perceives it. let me tell you, if you go for an interview with lets say a cert from Micheal Okpara uni and someone else comes with a unilag and both of you are at par, my dear preference will given to unilag, i hv bn there&i knw. even when you are filling forms online, you will notice that unilag is alwayz listed while u will have to enter d name of ur own skool underthe others category.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by UyiIredia(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2012
An unnecessary change. Despite his Phd degree Jonathan is showing himself to be a person lacking common sense.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ifeci: 2:13pm On May 29, 2012
An unnecessary change. Despite his Phd degree Jonathan is showing himself to be a person lacking common sense.

in Zoology to be specific
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 29, 2012
damola1: immortalise wetin?...

This is damn UNILAG we are talking about not some OSU... Damn!... God.. this dude needs to be kicked out!
what has osu got to do with it u dis associate rretardedd fooool?!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by janyj: 2:17pm On May 29, 2012
How will the change of name lead to the development of the country, who ever is advicing him is misleading him to a very big pit .GEJ should also change the names of other institutions as well

University of Benin - Adams Oshiomole University
University of Calabar - Donald Duke University
University of Port Harcourt - Peter Odili University
University of Ibadan - Olusegun Obasanjo University
University of Abuja - Badluck Ebele Jonathan University
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by zebudaya(m): 2:21pm On May 29, 2012
I don't think MKO deserved it. He worked hand in hand with the military administrators to loot the country's funds. He only died because the relationship went sour. Fela did more for democracy. Fela even called him International thief thief (ITT)

Jonathan is an idiot!. What the heck? Moshood Abiola University my a$$
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 29, 2012
BBDelta: If Jonathan wants to Immortalize the Name of MKO "assuming it means anything to anybody". There are ways to go about it in a democratic settings. You don't just come up with something like this. Where was Jonathan when the name was given Lagos, when all the integrity, hardwork and fame attached to Lagos was derived. That school shares the same glory & status like the state its self and perharps adds to promote the state. If you must remeber MKO, look for all you can do to right the wrongs against Him and his family, go to his village and make a mark, look for his children and assist them to be Great, Let them get Justice in Court. I don't subscribe to old ways of recognizing people called immortalization when they are dead, just like I don't believe in inheritance after death, If you cannot honour me why I am alive then honour my children or my family that is alive. As my Father if you cannot empower me when you are alive, then you are hoping you are giving me something when you are dead and I will regard you wealth & sweat, you are just deceiving yourself. When a man is dead he cannot give anybody anything, so I wonder where that word inheritance came from? ok He writes A Will and waits for your life to have more damage and when he is gone before you can get inheritance from him. What happens to June 12, Make it a public Holiday or even change it to democracy day or something to make that event remarkable, but even at that it must be through due process.
#gbam! I feel you die!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by oradee: 2:23pm On May 29, 2012
IMO, i would suggest that the family of MKO Abiola kindly decline this 'honor' cos its purpose has been clearly defeated...
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by adeddao: 2:24pm On May 29, 2012
Unilag now MAUNI. This is a slap on Unilag as it portrays an act of illiteracy Ãήϑ stupidity. If at all we need to protest at this moment, this is not ‎​ΨЂÅƮ we need. A lot of things are wrong with the nation Ãήϑ right actions are urgently needed. Not changing the name of your institution. Our president will feel he has given us something now. How has this affected us. Fuel subsidy was removed, all the promises,we are yet Τ̲̅ȍ see anyone manifesting, school fees are rising up everyday, no jobs, a lot of students are dropping out. Thought U̶̲̥̅̊ guys would protest FO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я something better. Unilag has disgraced all Nigerian universities
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by dont8(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2012
Sounds like an old yoruba song ''kilondu MAU, toba ma pani koku pani, tio basi pani koyese MAU moni mo''. Though we'll get use to it, just as we got used to OAU. But seriously, must we politicise everything in this country? I ask, can Cambridge, Oxford, Havard and its ilk be named after individul?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 29, 2012
Could this be the outcome of Jonathan's meeting with Bankole, Tinubu & Fasola. Just saying
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 29, 2012
dont8: can Cambridge, Oxford, Havard and its ilk be named after individul?
Harvard was actually named after John Harvard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Ondo School Prints Names Of Indebted Students In Magazine (Photo) / Abdulkadir Islamiyat Oluwatoyin, Best Graduating Doctor/Student In IUA, Sudan / Is There A Course You Will Advise A Jambite Not To Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.