Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? (12668 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / Dating When Marriage Is Not The Goal... Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by ektbear: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2012
So I'm out of town at my parents house for the week.

And I've come to the conclusion that if I still lived with them, my social life would kind of suck.

Like, how exactly does one go about dating and bringing guests over if you live with your parents or family?

I've never been in this situation fortunately since I've been out of the house ever since I started dating (19 or 20 was when I started "dating", I would say).

How do people in this situation deal with it?

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 9:26am On Jun 03, 2012
ekt_bear: So I'm out of town at my parents house for the week.

And I've come to the conclusion that if I still lived with them, my social life would kind of suck.

Like, how exactly does one go about dating and bringing guests over if you live with your parents or family?

I've never been in this situation fortunately since I've been out of the house ever since I started dating (19 or 20 was when I started "dating", I would say).

Welcome to hell my friend. I left that life about 4 years ago(not that I dated then anyway) but your freedom to bring home guest will be kinda cramped
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Galads(m): 9:47am On Jun 03, 2012
ekt_bear: So I'm out of town at my parents house for the week.

Well I have alway bein in skul and even then when I was still at home,or come home on holidays, am always home alone from 8am to 4pm so all my guest are welcome then especially the babes. But guyz are welcum anytime cause my room is not in the main building. If the house is full, a friend of mine would walk in with the babe as if d babe is his girl so even at my age mumcy still looks at me as a very good boy ; grin grin ;DD

7 Likes

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2012
Oh that's a bitch I tell you, dating in your parent's house. Especially when your parents are my parents, who want to know every single aspect of your life. It gets frustrating sometimes, to the point that I leave my social life (the little I've got anyway) at the school gate.
But I console myself with thoughts of going back to school and to freedom.

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Rhino5dm: 10:35am On Jun 03, 2012
Dating while still living parents? I do it, but most of the "home matches" were played on a neutral ground i.e hotel rooms cool.

3 Likes

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by sigba(f): 10:42am On Jun 03, 2012
It depends on what u do wit ur friends. As for me, i bring my friends home both guys and babes, my parents get to give us space as long as it's not past "holy" hours.
My dad used to have ish's with guys coming to visit me, but he later got used to it and i get to answer queries after any new face visits me. I'm a big girl now.grin

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by melodyirish(m): 10:46am On Jun 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Dating while still living parents? I do it, but most of the "home matches" were played on a neutral ground i.e hotel rooms cool.

naughty boy
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by emyguz(m): 10:46am On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Welcome to hell my friend. I left that life about 4 years ago(not that I dated then anyway) but your freedom to bring home guest will be kinda cramped

na true talk. Exactly the problem i'm facing at home. I've neva dared to invite any lady to my house. The day I tried, I really regreted it. Smh. Very soon I go enta sch. I'm gonna be partying HARD. #wild child
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Rocktation(f): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2012
It's easier for a lady, I believe.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by slimyem: 11:04am On Jun 03, 2012
i never liked hide and seek so i used to bring my friends home...both male and female.
My dad had problems with the males at first and he would sermonise after every male visit.
With time,he let me do my thing although with a lot of sense.
I remember kissing some guy in the sitting room while we pretended we were reading a newspaper and my dad was watching tv.
The kiss was short and sweet just because it was sneakily done!cheesycheesy
apart from having to give a detailed account of every new face that comes around to my dad,i never really had issues dating in my parent's house!cheesy
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2012
I think parents are more comfortable with their daughters bringing guy home cos they see it as a way to keep an eye on them but we guys, omo to even bring guys home sef na wahala.
Its as if they think every dude with black lips smokes weed.
And if God wan do am, close the door to your room when you have a female guest. They will come in every ten minutes pretending to be looking for something that is not missing

6 Likes

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by souleymon(m): 11:18am On Jun 03, 2012
It was neva a complain for me,as far they knew i wasnt flirting.
How abt guys that married in their Father's house and had kids b4 moving out
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 03, 2012
my dad was a strict disciplinarian. dem no born u well to bring any man enter the house for whatsoever reasons. my mum was neutral. she understood wat it was to be in a peer group. i started dating in my first year in school
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kilimanjaro(m): 11:28am On Jun 03, 2012
I used to bring girls home secretly during my secondary school days, but when i got admission into Uni, omo, i no send them again O. My parents sef no dey protest. My papa na guy man.

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 03, 2012
I don't live with my parents anymore, but my Dad is very strict. I remember when I was 15 I had a guy friend (well, he liked me), but I just wanted to be friends with him and he did know that. Anyway, I made the mistake of giving him my home number, just as a friend. The first time he called my house, my Dad picked up (cheiii) and then I had to face questions, like, "Who is he?" I told him he was just a friend and then he went on asking, "How could you have a boy as a friend, at your age?" In my mind, I was thinking, what is wrong with having a "boy" as a friend, can't a boy and a girl just be friends ? He just made a big deal out of it sha. I think he told the guy not too call the house anymore too, lol. But I still talked to the poor guy after that, I just told him not to call my house anymore because of my Dad, that I would call him instead. He did call me one more time at home, sigh, but luckily my Dad wasn't around then. With naija parents, especially Fathers, it's harder dating while living under their roof, but also depends how strict they are. My mom would just ask who was calling and that's all, but my Dad, ok ooo. undecided undecided undecided cheesy cheesy
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by sigba(f): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2012
slimyem: i never liked hide and seek so i used to bring my friends home...both male and female.
My dad had problems with the males at first and he would sermonise after every male visit.
I remember kissing some guy in the sitting room while we pretended we were reading a newspaper and my dad was watching tv.
The kiss was short and sweet just because it was sneakily done!
cheesycheesy
apart from having to give a detailed account of every new face that comes around to my dad,i never really had issues dating in my parent's house!cheesy
Lol. Naughty girl. No wonder the bible said "stolen bread tastes sweeter"

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by crackhouse(m): 11:39am On Jun 03, 2012
Galads:
Well I have alway bein in skul and even then when I was still at home,or come home on holidays, am always home alone from 8am to 4pm so all my guest are welcome then especially the babes. But guyz are welcum anytime cause my room is not in the main building. If the house is full, a friend of mine would walk in with the babe as if d babe is his girl so even at my age mumcy still looks at me as a very good boy ; grin grin ;DD
even though u are a womanizer. Very good bad boy.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by crackhouse(m): 11:43am On Jun 03, 2012
slimyem: i never liked hide and seek so i used to bring my friends home...both male and female.
The kiss was short and sweet just because it was sneakily done!cheesycheesy
and u are telling us about ur immorality?. Beware of Hiv & Aids.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by slimyem: 11:44am On Jun 03, 2012
sigba:
Lol. Naughty girl. No wonder the bible said "stolen bread tastes sweeter"
na so my brother!...cheesycheesy
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Bakozy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
Nairaland is simply the best dis is d 1st tym i'm sending a reply since i join in 2007 but i'm always reading people comments. In which i learn and laugh abt. @Mr cork i'm ur big fan!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by slimyem: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
crackhouse: and u are telling us about ur immorality?. Beware of Hiv & Aids.
that's immorality huh?
Mtcheeeeeeeeew
Go siddon abeg!

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Jopac: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
My parents frown at me bringing guys 2 d house until wen i gained admission in2 d University nd dey av 2 free me. Im engaged now nd my fiance visits witout dem complaining.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
Bakozy: Nairaland is simply the best dis is d 1st tym i'm sending a reply since i join in 2007 but i'm always reading people comments. In which i learn and laugh abt. @Mr cork i'm ur big fan!
Congratulation

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by gfarinho: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
its hell here o....if u should mention any feminine name in my house na gobe o...u will hear words like u are still young for this....abeg i'm i still young at 23.......so all my matches na away tinz o i.e hotel
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Jaykizz(m): 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
Wen I neva enta uni na snickin tinz o. Ma parents no dy always com house til lyk 5 in d evnin. Bt nau ehn, anytin coms in n goes. 'Jus b kiaful n no gv woman belle', na dia own bdat.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
emyguz:

na true talk. Exactly the problem i'm facing at home. I've neva dared to invite any lady to my house. The day I tried, I really regreted it. Smh. Very soon I go enta sch. I'm gonna be partying HARD. #wild child
that is wat am facing at home presently.at age 20 i can bring any friend at home either a male nor female.am rilly frustrated and its killing my social life.am prayer is that i shuld gain admission this year cos its nt easy since 2009.blive me am gona balance everytin
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kandiikane(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
Most of my padis are male so my mum knows many of them and didn't mind. She understoon because she was also the type girl who didn't get along with other girls. But when I started dating it took her two years to accept and see my new 'close' padi. It was hell! I had to sneak him in when she wasn't at home but when she finally accepted and met the guy, anytime he came to visit she will leave us be as long has we didn't stray from the livingroom. grin seriously though if she was scared of anything who told her that anything could only happen for bedroom?
Been living on my own since 18 and although it was sweet, it was a hard struggle.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
All i do is to stay indoor and always be at d kitchen to assist mum.Any call i recieve in there presence must b accounted for.Am just too tired of this kind of life hense am nt a female why shud dey kip monitoring me.Sumtimes i tink of runing away 4rm home.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kandiikane(m): 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
^lwkmd

Why are you assisting your mum in the kitchen?
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by rakaasta(f): 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
Nice topic,can't stop laffing at all d posts. But my mom was always nice to our friends but male n female,infact she will entertain them.but immediately they leave,WAEC go start o. So it was betta they neva even visit.Our prayers then was to grow up n av freedom. Thank God now.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ghydyon: All i do is to stay indoor and always be at d kitchen to assist mum.Any call i recieve in there presence must b accounted for.Am just too tired of this kind of life hense am nt a female why shud dey kip monitoring me.Sumtimes i tink of runing away 4rm home.
Are you 20 or 12?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Major Signs You’re Not The Only One She’s Sleeping With / Am The Most Beautiful Lady On Nairaland--pics included / Gratitude From The Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.