Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr (6772 Views)

Buhari Participated In Syrian Event As A Perfect Cover For His Medical Visit- SR / Air Nigeria Denies Ex-director's Claims; Calls Him A Thief / Nigeria Denies Ex-US Envoy, Campbell, Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Slyr0x: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2011
The United States embassy in Nigeria has denied that it is sending troops to combat Boko Haram militants in the North of Nigeria.

Yesterday, SaharaReporters reported that a covert operation by US Special Forces aimed at fighting the militants is in the offing. Our source said Marines from Forth Carson in Colorado got a 48-hour notice to prepare to deploy to the troubled area through Niger and Chad.

But Deb MacLean, a spokesman of the US Embassy in Nigeria told Associated Press reporter Jon Gambrell today US soldiers are “not coming.” The AP reporter claimed Ms. Mclean was responding to our exclusive report.

Our sources say the planned deployment is hampering ongoing underground discussion with the militants by the Nigerian government.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/us-embassy-nigeria-denies-special-forces-deployment-against-boko-haram
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2011

The same Saharareporters?
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Rhino5dm: 11:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
^ Do you have a problem with admitting after getting it wrong? I thought thats how its being done in a "civilized" world?
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Beaf: 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2011
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Rhino5dm: 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2011
^ would you have the decency to apologize if the operation turns out to be real but a covert one or classified one?

Going by how GEJ is afraid of taking any action against those northern states, it wont be out of place if he requested the operation to be classified. IMO
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by youngmonie: 11:46pm On Nov 19, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^ would you have the decency to apologize if the operation turns out to be real but a covert one or classified one?

Going by how GEJ is afraid of taking any action against those northern states, it wont be out of place if he requested the operation to be classified. IMO

Excatly , from my own perception. They wouldnt do such thing openly knowing people would definitely revolt against it
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by cold(m): 12:17am On Nov 20, 2011
but of course,it was clear the story was false from the get go.Special Forces don't announce their arrival like regular troops do.This is standard procedure anywhere in the world
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Kilode1: 12:28am On Nov 20, 2011
At least the same sahara published the denial.

You don't expect American special forces to announce their covert operations on a banner. Do you?
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by lukkie(m): 12:31am On Nov 20, 2011
@Beaf
What are you driving at? Nothing special there. It's the same picture duplicated laterally. The men are Benue tribal drummers.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by vinderbilt: 12:37am On Nov 20, 2011
sahara reporters are a bunch of liars! they are a disgrace to journalism and to nigeria as a country.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Beaf: 12:46am On Nov 20, 2011
lukkie:

@Beaf
What are you driving at? Nothing special there. It's the same picture duplicated laterally. The men are Benue trial drummers.

How many news agencies do you know aside from yourselves that manufacture news, tell lies and use photoshop? The picture is fake and is used as evidence in a false "news" story. Period.

Sahara Reporters are liars and scum.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by youngmonie: 12:54am On Nov 20, 2011
Beaf:

How many news agencies do you know aside from yourselves that manufacture news, tell lies and use photoshop? The picture is fake and is used as evidence in a false "news" story. Period.

Sahara Reporters are liars and scum.

THISDAY for sure does!!!, Hate them all you can still better than the corrupt ones here in Nigeria
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Beaf: 1:01am On Nov 20, 2011
youngmonie:

THISDAY for sure does!!!, Hate them all you can still better than the corrupt ones here in Nigeria

I cannot vouch for any section of the press, regardless I know that none (outside the likes of Ovation and Osun Defender) have reached the lows that Sahara Reporters regularly dredges. Bruv, will you take the challenge of providing evidence of anyplace where ThisDay has photoshoped a pic and used it as news evidence? Lol! Of course, you won't!
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by jmaine: 2:00am On Nov 20, 2011
SuperStoryReporters never fail . . . It's all about fictitious news . . . Disgraceful junky news portal for Junky seeking individuals . . .
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Mokambo: 2:29am On Nov 20, 2011
This is ridiculous!

Why on earth would US send troops to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram?

How do you fight a religious terror group in a lawless country of 150M people?

Yes, US is interested in Oil but Nigeria is not the only country which produces Oil.

If Nigeria can't deal with it's shiit it should not expect US to come and deal with it.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by ifebosco: 2:37am On Nov 20, 2011
Beaf:

And so ends yet another Sahara Reporters fairytale that was reported as news. Sahara Reporters? Best for lies, best for fake news.

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men

www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2
beaf  just  respect  your  self.at least  some  people  are  trying to  change  the  way  things  are  being  done  in  our  useless institutions

beaf,  what  have  you  done for  nigeria??  apart  from  supporting gej  even  when  his wrong for  money
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Relax101(m): 2:45am On Nov 20, 2011
I said it. Saharareporters are just real eeddiootsss. From their oga to their messenger.
Very Pathetic.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Beaf: 2:57am On Nov 20, 2011
ifebosco:

beaf just respect your self.at least some people are trying to change the way things are being done in our useless institutions

beaf, what have you done for nigeria?? apart from supporting gej even when his wrong for money

What have I done for Nigeria? Lol!
I have done far more than Sahara Reporters will ever be able to and I believe I am blessed with great potential to multiply that several times over. What have you done, bruv? Aside from post shockingly unintelligent crap like the above?

This is a project me and a couple of other guys have been working on: http://www.afrosciencecommunity.com/
I hope to be able to contribute much more in future. Can you and your hot air remotely match what that website offers?

Dunce.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by JAZES(m): 6:46am On Nov 20, 2011
Sahara reporters again? Na wa o.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Rhino5dm: 7:07am On Nov 20, 2011
Beaf:

I have done far more than Sahara Reporters will ever be able to and I believe I am blessed with great potential to multiply that several times over. What have you done, bruv? Aside from post shockingly unintelligent crap like the above?

This is a project me and a couple of other guys have been working on: http://www.afrosciencecommunity.com/
I hope to be able to contribute much more in future. Can you and your hot air remotely match what that website offers?

Dunce.
^
I pity those visiting that scamming site of yours. Yahoo yahoo kingpin looking for people that will propagate his site. Better go look for work and stop all this acts of luring innocent people to your site. I know business must be booming with government approval of your 50 billion naira YouWin scam. Thief.

ifebosco:

beaf just respect your self.at least some people are trying to change the way things are being done in our useless institutions

beaf, what have you done for nigeria?? apart from supporting gej even when his wrong for money
^
The only language the maggot understand is expired s.e.m.e.n from evil corrupt PDP goons flowing to his throat.
Give him one cup of garri and watch him deliver his father to you.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Demdem(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2011
Even with this goof from Sahara, I still regard them as a credible news org. They aren't perfect just like any media house all over the world. Anyone who thinks I will rate our local media houses ahead of them especially tribune and this day should honestly get his head examined at least for now.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by RickyRoss1(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2011
Beaf:

Dunce.

BEAF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM, I ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS BECAUSE YOU ARE SMART AND INTELLIGENT. BUT PLS IT IS NOT EVERY POST OR THREAD THAT YOU SHOULD REPLY. LET THEM SAY ALL THEY WANT, IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. EVEN IF THEY CLAIM YOU ARE GEJ BLOOD BROTHER IT DOESN'T MATTER, AFTER THIS POST DON'T BE SURPRISED THESE CLOWNS WILL BE CLAIMING RICK ROSS AND BEAF ARE THE SAME PERSON USING DIFFERENT HANDLES, DON'T LET THAT BOTHER YOU. MY POSTS ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM YOURS AND I DONT THINK I CAN USE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE THE SAME WAY AS YOU. I LIKE THAT PROJECT OF YOURS AND WILL ALWAYS STOP BY FROM TIME TO TIME. SOMEONE SAID IT IS A 419 SITE WITHOUT REASON OR EVIDENCE?
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 20, 2011
They called it COVERT OPERATION! Covert means its secret! its not meant for public knowledge!

Do you expect them to go to the press and admit that US troops are about to be deployed in Nigeria?

SOME NAIRALAND POSTERS GIVES A NEW MEAN TO DUNCE!

I guess some of you will be expecting to see white men in camo roaming the streets of Bauchi and Gombe armed with latest weapon of mass destruction and drones flying here and there before you agree that US armies are in Nigeria - Right!

by covert, they will send only black soldiers fully kitted in any of the Nigerian security uniforms they can even dress like road safety officials[oh and don't forget that some US army personnel are trained to speak some of our local languages [hausa, yoruba, igbo] fluently!

C-O-V-E-R-T! M-o-r-o-n-s!

Rhino u really fall my hand! I tot with your experience in military and paramilitary operations you will be able to explain the detailed meaning of COVERT OPERATION to some of these dunces here!

SAHARA REPORTS STILL REMAINS THE BEST IN AFRICA! If their report is not true, why will US embassy bother to defend itself

1 Like

Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by goggs(m): 8:05am On Nov 20, 2011
@ beaf

nice concept with the afrosciencecommunity.com thing.

Instead of whining all day about our troubles we need to take step , no matter how small, to improve things.

I am for anything that makes naija and the world better.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by lukkie(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2011
Some people seem to have personal beefs with SR. Meanwhile their day is not complete until they visit the site. SaharaReporters publish a lot of "scoops" from informants which may sometimes turn out to be inaccurate. But i still prefer SR to the cash-and-carry journalism practiced in Nigeria.

And there is nothing like jeopardizing national security by running such stories. The New York Times or The Guardian of UK would have ran the story without any scruples. That's what journalists are meant to do - inform the public.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by werepeLeri: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2011
Who is surprised?

Even some du mb people will still find words to say SR was right and America is wrong. Daft.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Rhino5dm: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2011
Bros, i beg no vex o. The truth of the matter here is, i was trying to let the critics of SR see reason why SR should not be crucified.

Remember, i was the one that first suggested to Beaf that the operation may be a covert one.
BTW i cant pour out details of operation here, its amount to sabotage which can be viwed as treason by a strict court martial officer. We are guided by our ethics. For the fact i have been deactivated doesn't mean am inactive. I am still battle ready!

greateros:

They called it COVERT OPERATION! Covert means its secret! its not meant for public knowledge!

Do you expect them to go to the press and admit that US troops are about to be deployed in Nigeria?

SOME NAIRALAND POSTERS GIVES A NEW MEAN TO DUNCE!

I guess some of you will be expecting to see white men in camo roaming the streets of Bauchi and Gombe armed with latest weapon of mass destruction and drones flying here and there before you agree that US armies are in Nigeria - Right!

by covert, they will send only black soldiers fully kitted in any of the Nigerian security uniforms they can even dress like road safety officials[oh and don't forget that some US army personnel are trained to speak some of our local languages [hausa, yoruba, igbo] fluently!

C-O-V-E-R-T! M-o-r-o-n-s!

Rhino u really fall my hand! I tot with your experience in military and paramilitary operations you will be able to explain the detailed meaning of COVERT OPERATION to some of these dunces here!

SAHARA REPORTS STILL REMAINS THE BEST IN AFRICA! If their report is not true, why will US embassy bother to defend itself
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Bros, i beg no vex o. The truth of the matter here is, i was trying to let the critics of SR see reason why SR should not be crucified.

Remember, i was the one that first suggested to Beaf that the operation may be a covert one.
BTW i cant pour out details of operation here, its amount to sabotage which can be viwed as treason by a strict court martial officer. We are guided by our ethics. For the fact i have been deactivated doesn't mean am inactive. I am still battle ready!

Damn right!
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2011
i wonder if the US would have admitted deploying troops to kill osama before they did it?
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by oc2fish: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2011
@BEAF
Trying to get money from donors and use for yourself
is not doing something it is call stealing, it would have been
better if you advice the thieves and others your are blindly
supportting the position of Nigerian youth so that they can
be better. That site of yours is nothing but a scam going
to schools to teach for free is better than that stupid site
of yours.
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2011
^^^ Beaf nailed! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Us Embassy In Nigeria "denies" Special Forces Deployment Against Boko Haram - Sr by Rhino5dm: 10:01am On Nov 20, 2011
Neatly put!. Be ready to be attacked by brainless goons eating from thesame pot. Them full for here.

oc2fish:

@BEAF
Trying to get money from donors and use for yourself
is not doing something it is call stealing
, it would have been
better if you advice the thieves and others your are blindly
supportting the position of Nigerian youth so that they can
be better. That site of yours is nothing but a scam going
to schools to teach for free is better than that silly site
of yours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Declaration-of-war-jonathans-contracting-maritime-security-to-ijaws-is-an-act-of / BRT Bus Falls Off Third-Mainland Bridge (Fully Loaded) / I'm So Sorry For Campaigning And Voting For Buhari In 2015 And 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.