Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,218 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Single Mother's - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Mother's (2290 Views)

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / Can I show her this thread?: In Love With A Young Single Mother.. / Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Mother's by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 07, 2012
Why do Africans Nigerians to be precise call single mother's names like minus 1, buy 1 get 1 or 2 free depending on how many kids she has, leftover Coochie, old skool and liability insurance ? Does it have anything to do with traditional and culture?
Re: Single Mother's by Dyt(f): 10:37am On Jun 07, 2012
nope
sm men jst thinks marryin er wit er child is extra burden
Re: Single Mother's by LordReed(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2012
I have never heard all these names you put out here. If they are called that then it must be in secret because a friend of mine was contemplating getting married to one and I never heard any such description from him or others.
Re: Single Mother's by Dyt(f): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2012
^^ so dia r men lyk dat?
Re: Single Mother's by Sijo01(f): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2012
Mi fink its Ignorance!
Re: Single Mother's by LordReed(m): 11:40am On Jun 07, 2012
Dyt: ^^ so dia r men lyk dat?

Yes and I am even mentioning the more recent one.
Re: Single Mother's by Dyt(f): 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Yes and I am even mentioning the more recent one.

Dere is hp den 4 ppl lyk us den

1 Like

Re: Single Mother's by LordReed(m): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
Dyt:

Plenty of hope my dear.

1 Like

Re: Single Mother's by Tyche(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
Dyt:

Re: Single Mother's by Konnektions146(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
funny enough, i trip for young single mothers alot, i respect dem , they are much more mature than all this crazy youngies everywhere.

just dat our mentality is just somethin else
Re: Single Mother's by MrCork17: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
REALITY101: Why do Africans Nigerians to be precise call single mother's names like minus 1, buy 1 get 1 or 2 free depending on how many kids she has, leftover Coochie, old skool and liability insurance ? Does it have anything to do with traditional and culture?

REALITY. My ga,y friend. bro are you now a single mother? angry
Re: Single Mother's by slimyem: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
Mr..Cork:

lmao..
Classic!cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Single Mother's by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2012
Konnektions146: funny enough, i trip for young single mothers alot, i respect dem , they are much more mature than all this crazy youngies everywhere.

Bear in mind that there are all sorts off single mothers, avoid sweeping generalisations.
Re: Single Mother's by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
slimyem: lmao..
Classic!cheesycheesycheesycheesy

In Nigeria madness and stuupidity is funny and classic? wow

1 Like

Re: Single Mother's by cowgurl: 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
REALITY101: Why do Africans Nigerians to be precise call single mother's names like minus 1, buy 1 get 1 or 2 free depending on how many kids she has, leftover Coochie, old skool and liability insurance ? Does it have anything to do with traditional and culture?
Which tradition and culture? The ones we've done away with many years ago? They r just trying to be insultive so blame it on their 0% cognitive processes.
Re: Single Mother's by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 08, 2012
cowgurl: Which tradition and culture? The ones we've done away with many years ago? They r just trying to be insultive so blame it on their 0% cognitive processes.

Exactly. I was at the bar last weekend with a few friends that includes a Senegalese female friend, shes tall standing about 6ft, very beautiful. Just the moment she went into ladies room, one of the guys started up the bs name calling "I like her but she's already half offer" smh just because she has a little girl.
Re: Single Mother's by LordReed(m): 1:17am On Jun 08, 2012
REALITY101:

Exactly. I was at the bar last weekend with a few friends that includes a Senegalese female friend, shes tall standing about 6ft, very beautiful. Just the moment she went into ladies room, one of the guys started up the bs name calling "I like her but she's already half offer" smh just because she has a little girl.

So this didn't take place in LA I take it but in Nigeria right?
Re: Single Mother's by Goldieluks: 1:21am On Jun 08, 2012
Mr..Cork:

grin grin grin
Re: Single Mother's by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 08, 2012
Lord_Reed:

So this didn't take place in LA I take it but in Nigeria right?

Na, in Texas, mehn bunch of Nigerians over there. Texageria
Re: Single Mother's by Konnektions146(m): 2:16am On Jun 08, 2012
fresh_dude: Bear in mind that there are all sorts off single mothers, avoid sweeping generalisations.
sure, i undastand dat but u know dere re ladies like dat whom re victims of certain circumstances, lol-i ve seen a lady with 3 kds , never married, stil jumpng around....dat one no follow at all
Re: Single Mother's by bigl: 5:32am On Jun 08, 2012
Konnektions146: funny enough, i trip for young single mothers alot, i respect dem , they are much more mature than all this crazy youngies everywhere.

U took d words from my mouth. And that's very true, they're far far much mature. Some folks wld disagreE and that's ok. What we want in a woman differs
Re: Single Mother's by bigl: 5:37am On Jun 08, 2012
Dyt:

Sooo much hope. I av a female friend who's gettin hooked in some months. She has a 7year old stunnin beautiful girl. And yet, got a guy who's hookin her up.

So Dyt, be on d look out, there's still good men who will take u as u ar and u wld make somethin good out of life 2geda.
Re: Single Mother's by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 08, 2012
I have never heard Nigerians using those "American slangs" to label single mothers as thus.

Older single mothers are not even much of a taboo in the Nigerian culture, compared to "back in those days".
Re: Single Mother's by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 08, 2012
Mr..Cork:

ROTFL grin grin
Re: Single Mother's by bknight: 7:04am On Jun 08, 2012
Dyt sup?

There are single mothers u can't even step up to nor look in d eye. They'll intimidate d sht outta you! Stunning intelligent beauties! In ur dreams, u'd not come close
Re: Single Mother's by slimyem: 8:51am On Jun 08, 2012
REALITY101:

In Nigeria madness and stuupidity is funny and classic? wow
its not my fault that you have no sense of humour whatsoever..
Go die if my laugh dey pain you!cheesycheesy
Re: Single Mother's by Dyt(f): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2012
bknight: Dyt sup?

There are single mothers u can't even step up to nor look in d eye. They'll intimidate d sht outta you! Stunning intelligent beauties! In ur dreams, u'd not come close

hmmmmmmm

bigl:

Sooo much hope. I av a female friend who's gettin hooked in some months. She has a 7year old stunnin beautiful girl. And yet, got a guy who's hookin her up.

So Dyt, be on d look out, there's still good men who will take u as u ar and u wld make somethin good out of life 2geda.

grt
Re: Single Mother's by Lisa1: 9:39am On Jun 08, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Good point
Re: Single Mother's by xtenxive(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2012
The truth has already been said, most single mothers are much more matured!
Re: Single Mother's by amefi(m): 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
So DYT is nw a single mother. SMH!
Re: Single Mother's by Nayah(f): 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
Op hello, I think this is our African society which continue thinking that single mother are "slight" or whatever which is completely false because people could have been disappointed or having made the wrong choice and it turns out to be single, but it does not mean they're not worthy, things are changing but slowly
Re: Single Mother's by kilimanjaro(m): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
@Ileke-Idi and Lord-Reed,
I guess u guys don't live in lagos or u probably visit lagos once in a blue moon! I hear those slangs every now and then especially by youths. Some even call them Tokunbo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: 10 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Boyfriend, Under ANY Circumstance / Who Takes The Issue Of Cheating More Seriously?? Guys Or Ladies / To Avoid Prostitution Let Our Nigerian Men Begin To Marry Four Wives!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.