Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Why Was God Making Mistakes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was God Making Mistakes? (982 Views)

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. / Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was God Making Mistakes? by mecussey(m): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
To my humble pastors, i just want to be educated. I will like to know how God could make costly mistakes? I believe in him by faith, which he said its the only way we can see him. I am only asking this question from human point of view, why did he regret creating us? Why did he regret distroying the world with water after all? Why did he make satan the most powerful angel unknowingly? For christ sake, why all these mistakes? May he forgive me if i have just sinned, i so much believe in him and trust in him. Who could find justification for these questions, or was it just his initial plans? I know his ways are not our ways, may his name still be praised.

1 Like

Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by LogicMind: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
and he commanded us to correct his mistakes like cutting off the foreskin. If he so hated the foreskin, why create it?
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by hakunajay(m): 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
^^^ Atheists!
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by OnlyRebel: 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
God has a plan, His is the dominion of heavens and earth. What is in our memory is life we have lived. What we have not lived is never in our memory. God Has created the world and all its happenings, His knowledge encompasses all things. So He can't make mistake. Are the heavens and earth more difficult to create or man and events that encompasses him. God creates several cosmics bodies in several Billion times and faction man in the best form. Its man that should trace his step towards Him as He has made a great design and bequithed it to man. But man has derided this trust with corruption on land and in sea.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by buzugee(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind: and he commanded us to correct his mistakes like cutting off the foreskin. If he so hated the foreskin, why create it?
i aint the smartest tool in the box but if i had to shoot off the hip on this here assertion of yours i will say that when the baby is sliding down the birth canal, with an uncircumcised penis entamoeba histolytica, shigella, lactobacillus acidophillus, lactobacillus thermophillus, lactobacillus bulgaricus and whatnot can slide up the peepee hole and what we have here will be an infected peepee which could get eaten up by these bugs. so with the covering, the peepee hole is covered. however when the baby is out, the skincover has served its purpose and becomes detrimental to health because it can keep bacteria and dirt inside it and you can introduce that to women and give them all kinds of infection and whatnot, not to mention for your own safety and hygiene. wink
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by LogicMind: 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
buzugee: i aint the smartest tool in the box but if i had to shoot off the hip on this here assertion of yours i will say that when the baby is sliding down the birth canal, with an uncircumcised penis entamoeba histolytica, shigella, lactobacillus acidophillus, lactobacillus thermophillus, lactobacillus bulgaricus and whatnot can slide up the peepee hole and what we have here will be an infected peepee which could get eaten up by these bugs. so with the covering, the peepee hole is covered. however when the baby is out, the skincover has served its purpose and becomes detrimental to health because it can keep bacteria and dirt inside it and you can introduce that to women and give them all kinds of infection and whatnot, not to mention for your own safety and hygiene. wink

and all those "illus" can't slide up other numerous holes on the body?
even if we accept your explanation, it still points to a mistake of creation that we have to correct afterwards.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by buzugee(m): 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

and all those "illus" can't slide up other numerous holes on the body?
even if we accept your explanation, it still points to a mistake of creation that we have to correct afterwards.
other holes in the body have these bacterias as a resident. they are called friendly flora, mixed in with a few unfriendly ones. they balance each other out

you are not obligated to correct it so long as your hygiene is tip top. its not a law to get circumcised. its tradition.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by LogicMind: 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
buzugee: other holes in the body have these bacterias as a resident. they are called friendly flora, mixed in with a few unfriendly ones. they balance each other out

still a creation mistake. can a supposedly omnipotent infinetly wise being not thing of more adequate way of making us?
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by Zodiac61(m): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
Only-Rebel:
God has a plan, His is the dominion of heavens and earth. What is in our memory is life we have lived. What we have not lived is never in our memory. God Has created the world and all its happenings, His knowledge encompasses all things. So He can't make mistake. Are the heavens and earth more difficult to create or man and events that encompasses him. God creates several cosmics bodies in several Billion times and faction man in the best form. Its man that should trace his step towards Him as He has made a great design and bequithed it to man. But man has derided this trust with corruption on land and in sea.
How do you know this? God confided in you maybe?
God has a plan, just like a tyrant. In fact, the more I think about god, the more human it seems.
Could god perchance be a human invention??
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by buzugee(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

still a creation mistake. can a supposedly omnipotent infinetly wise being not thing of more adequate way of making us?
you going to have to take it up with him. i done gave you all i got. now you gotta hear or forbear grin
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by 080ictcom(f): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
am not sure that it is God that created me and you. my own GOD don't make mistakes.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by buzugee(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind was created by a primordial turd
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by LogicMind: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
buzugee: Logic Mind was created by a primordial turd

i don't think god loves it when you give credit of his handiwork to another.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by buzugee(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

i don't think god loves it when you give credit of his handiwork to another.
aint that what you atheists claim you came from ? primordial turd ? some lochness monster took a huge dump. and the dump evolved into Logic Mind
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by LogicMind: 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2012
buzugee: aint that what you atheists claim you came from ? primordial turd ? some lochness monster took a huge dump. and the dump evolved into Logic Mind

thanks for confirming that god is turd
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by buzugee(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

thanks for confirming that god is turd
you right. god is turd but God is the omnipotent. the omnipresent. the beginning and the end. the ancient one. yahawah. the most high.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by LogicMind: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
buzugee: you right. god is turd but God is the omnipotent. the omnipresent. the beginning and the end. the ancient one. yahawah. the most high.

omnipotent mistake making turd. fits the description 100%.

did i say god? oh! sorry. doG.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by OnlyRebel: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

omnipotent mistake making turd. fits the description 100%.

did i say god? oh! sorry. doG.

The atheist are ever delusional about their beign, the reason they act the way they do. What you saw as mistake is as a result of delusion on the part of materialist. Come to think of it. Every kingdom of animal finds solution to their problems by inspiration from God. That a problem is there to solve does not define a mistake. Your computer should have expressed your thought as conceived without your finger on keyboard. You mean this may be engineering error on the part of computer manufacturer. This is the reason God has made us a vicerent on earth, giving us instruction by inspiration and other ways.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by Zodiac61(m): 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
Only-Rebel:

The atheist are ever delusional about their beign, the reason they act the way they do. What you saw as mistake is as a result of delusion on the part of materialist. Come to think of it. Every kingdom of animal finds solution to their problems by inspiration from God. That a problem is there to solve does not define a mistake. Your computer should have expressed your thought as conceived without your finger on keyboard. You mean this may be engineering error on the part of computer manufacturer. This is the reason God has made us a vicerent on earth, giving us instruction by inspiration and other ways.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?
Or is this an example of really serious theology?
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by HyeBits: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
^^
Yes. It does. But to atheist, it does not.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by LogicMind: 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hye-Bits:
^^
Yes. It does. But to atheist, it does not.

mad people understand each other.
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by mecussey(m): 6:57am On Jun 09, 2012
Well, we cant figure this out, i think it was his initial plans
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by Purist(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
mecussey: To my humble pastors, i just want to be educated. I will like to know how God could make costly mistakes? I believe in him by faith, which he said its the only way we can see him. I am only asking this question from human point of view, why did he regret creating us? Why did he regret distroying the world with water after all? Why did he make satan the most powerful angel unknowingly? For christ sake, why all these mistakes? May he forgive me if i have just sinned, i so much believe in him and trust in him. Who could find justification for these questions, or was it just his initial plans? I know his ways are not our ways, may his name still be praised.

Indeed, you have asked pertinent questions and you need feel no guilt about that. These were among the numerous questions I first asked myself before eventually stepping out of religion altogether.

Have you ever considered that you have always had the wrong idea about God all the while? I must first of all commend the fact that you have managed to put on your thinking cap and recognize the discrepancies in your perceived nature of God. This is often a very difficult thing to do. Here and now, you are confronted with the reality that the God you have always served is not who you had been told he is, even though you desperately do not wish this to be so. You will most likely now try to rationalize it and assume that such matters are beyond your understanding. You will then finally lay the matter to rest with the false assumption that "his ways are not our ways". But, I implore you not to stop there.

Why was God making mistakes, you ask? Surely, there is no doubt that he made mistakes. Otherwise, why would he regret creating humans, and then proceed to annihilate them, and then regret his actions, and then promise to never do so again? After all, we are made to believe that he is omnipotent and that he embodies perfection. How then can a perfect, omnipotent deity make mistakes? Perhaps, because he is neither perfect nor omnipotent? (You are either perfect and you make no mistakes, or you make mistakes and you're not perfect. You can't have it both ways.) Or perhaps, he just does not exist? The second possibility is one that I am aware is extremely difficult to entertain. But think of it this way, in the words of George Smith, "Just as we are entitled to say that a "square-circle" does not and cannot possibly exist, so we are entitled to say that the concept of god, if it entails a contradiction, does not and cannot possibly exist."
Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by logicboy: 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
I also wonder how an omnipotent God can make mistakes.

Re: Why Was God Making Mistakes? by Zodiac61(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2012
mecussey: To my humble pastors,
A contradiction in terms.
smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil / I Am Going To Church Today / Experience 2012 Live On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.