Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:13 AM

Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here (49154 Views)

Showcase Your Business Facebook Page And Get More Likes / Showcase Your Blog And Get More Comments And Followers / Showcase Your Blog and Get More Comments And Followers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 25, 2012
wink
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Jamji: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2012
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2012
lols...........
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by TrustZee(m): 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
..Hey ma fellow webmasters,pls i have a site,n i really need lots of traffics daily..lets say 20000+ hits perday...HOW CAN I D0 IT?

Pls i d0nt need any t0plist!
Tanks,am waiting 4 a reply........
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
Lesinho: visit my latest work at [url]http//basebook.tk[/url]
pls suggest if my workis good or not.

First, the URL is http://basebook.tk. At first, I was going to ask where you got Facebook's Source Code.

In the world of web design, we can see other people’s mistakes, but not our own, because we’re too close and too familiar with our own pages. We can use our critical eye on another site, but our critical eye goes blind on our site.

Can I assume basebook.tk is a work in progress or in beta stage? I see to many flaws that you should have noticed.
I can post or even upload a picture without signing in, why is there a need for a 'Sign in page'?

Overall: its a good job! Just minor tweaks and you're fine.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
sojmann: Thank you for your review.Very much appreciated!So in effect,I should get another domain like "christian nation" and continue from there?

@sojmann, a good website is a sum of its parts. Domain name inclusive.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by talontan(m): 3:21am On Jun 29, 2012
Portfolio:

www.livescores.com.ng (wordpress)
www.carclassifieds.com.ng (wordpress)
www.workvacancies.net (wordpress)
www.workvacancies.co.za (wordpress)
www.fdate.co.uk (Dolphin)
www.fivergigs.co.uk (wordpress)
www.footytube.com.ng (wordpress)
etc etc
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2012
talontan: Portfolio:

etc etc

Let me guess, Team size = 1. And that one is YOU.

To be fair, you have nice layouts and good domain names. But I think, you shouldn't design sites for a living. Why? Your works are just too predictable. That's not good.

Advice:

If you’re feeling stuck, see if a friend or a team member if you have one can review your content and make
suggestions.
If your friend or internal team member is “too
close” to the content, consider a forum like Nairaland to help. Website need to be criticized so that you can make all the necessary tweaks.

The bleeps

Terms of Use

I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.

Comment/Observation: No action button.

About us

FDate is a product of necessity created in order to satisfy the growing yearnings of Singles who are looking for relationships and are tired of paying high fees in order to date online. If you are looking for free online dating in the United Kingdom, then look no further as you have come to the right place. FDate is a 100% free internet dating service.

Our objective is to provide you with the very best online dating experience without any cost to you whatsoever. FDate has advanced features to help facilitate your search and meeting the right person for you. Some of the tools include an efficient and quick search facility, detailed and complete profiles, free emailing and chatting facility, a photo gallery of members, profile rating feature and a host of other features that are aimed at giving you a wonderful experience.

The ball is now in your court. Grab the
opportunity to find your soulmate online today by registering and completing your profile. Happy fishing.

Comment/Observation: Who wrote this? Get an SEO expert to review your contents.

Check and review the contents on fivergigs.com
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by YemiAdisa(m): 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
talontan: Portfolio:

etc etc

My observations

1. You should try to be more creative in your designs most especially graphic-wise.

2. Try to work on how to customise wordpress themes you are using. You don't have to make it too obvious to your visitors the type of wordpress themes you are using.

3. Your website logos are too simple ...at least you will do well to add a little bit of swag to them.

4. I personally will not register on www.fdate.co.uk because the design does not appeal to me at all... The top slider on the homepage looks horrible...you may just take it off.

I am sure that other people on here will notice all I have just mentioned above. So, please make sure you do some works on the websites!
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by YemiAdisa(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 01, 2012
STILL WORKING ON IT THOUGH. Need to leave the free host and free domain, buy a domain name and hsot it premium. Doing that this week, buying a new theme or template and some plugins to complete it, meanwhile it's on better testing.

Regards Fellow Corp members,

In the light of given enough attention to how corpers relate, we had to go extra mile to create a social networking website were all corpers from different states can meet, create groups and circles for their camps and places of primary assignment, so that even when they are disbanded from camp and scattered to different places of primary assignment they can stick together on a social networking site dedicated to NYSC Corp members. So on my own I came up with NYSCconnections the website is www.nyscconnections.wall.fm i.e www(dot)nyscconnections(dot)wall(dot)fm let's visit it, join, tell your friends and together let's crowdfund* and crowdpromote Naija's first social networking website that works exactly like facebook strictly dedicated to both new and ex-corpers. Has features like FORUM, you can upload videos and pictures, share links, discuss your experiences and make new friends from different camps in the 36 states of the federation.

Our needs:

*Crowdfund can be as little as 1000naira and we'd recognize you by metioning you on twitter, we're creating a Thank you page to list all the names of those that participated in helping the project fly. Either through financial support, referals, promotions, tech support, data support, ideas and criticism, marketing, sponsorship or endorsements. Contributions will be appreciated based on level of contribution and participation, ranging from gift and thank you letters, emails, post card, branded T-shirts with signature up to partnership rights depending on how much contributed.

We need support for the following:
Crowdfund and CrowdPromotion for--

A proper domain name (a www.sitename.com)

A premium hosting server

Purchase more plugins to enhance and make the social networking experience an enjoyable one.

A physical office with 24 hours internet facility where we can operate from, updating, improving and working on the project to achieve its main aim.

1000 members to carry out beta testing of the project, to criticise and advice on improvements.

Web developers, programmers and designers.

Online social media promoters to help promote the project.

We also need contacts of each of the CAMP PRO officers handling the Corpers Broadcasting Services, Contacts of every CLO in each place of primary assignment.

Contact info of each camp director.
........................................................................................

Note: that it is totally free to use the site and we need to make this project a reality.

If you find this appealing and you would love to support the project in anyway or contribute either in kind or in money or through marketing and promotions, please contact the admin who single handedly structured out this website on 08039093482. (Tommy Forbes) or mail me at trusttomola@gmail.com | Blackberry PIN: 2224D72D | twitter: @TommyZizaH | @GistCrunch

*crowdfund- is the process of raising fund informally to support a project or cause or SME and help it raise finances to actively stand firm and achieve its aim.

Thanks,
Visit: www.nyscconnections.wall.fm and let's run a beta test.. Let's take all the action there. Let's make this work and stay.

www(dot)nyscconnections(dot)wall(dot)fm

Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 6:40am On Jul 01, 2012
YemiAdisa: You guys should check out http://www.hatlabicecream.com/

[img]http://2.bp..com/-lT0_dGrMZv8/T-9o6PktfEI/AAAAAAAAACk/cPJ0dolvKJc/s320/hatlab.gif[/img]

And

http://www.cometonigeria.com/

[img]http://2.bp..com/-x4AELnmse9s/T-9o5m8K8MI/AAAAAAAAACg/KRd-HSOF1hk/s1600/cometonigeria.jpg[/img]

HATLAB ICE CREAM

Wow. This looks really good. I like the layout of
website. Excellent use of colours and graphics. Good job!

Observation

Getting error message from /ice-cream-flavours, why?

You tried to access the address http://www.hatlabicecream.com/ice-cream-flavours/ , which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Request timed out while loading "http://www.hatlabicecream.com/ice-cream-flavours/"

Site Load-time - Huh?

Call me old-school, but I still like to see sites come
in under 100KB. If a site takes longer to load, it makes my patience thinner.

Custom Not-found/404 Page

I love that! It guides your visitors to content and helps retain them.

Apologies, but we were unable to find what you were looking for. Perhaps searching will help.

Clear Navigation Labels

Main navigation should be short, to the point, and easy to grasp. I love them!

COME TO NIGERIA

I really like this site. There's a nice clean layout,
good organization... Pretty sweet. Good graphics and to the point messaging. I can't find many issues with it.

Observation

Forum

There's sharp contrast in the theme of the main site and the forum. Not too bad anyway!

Unobtrusive Ads

I like sites where ads are nicely integrated. You don't need to force ads and pop-ups on your visitors to get result. It just need to be right.

This site is a good example of a perfect website.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by YemiAdisa(m): 3:20am On Jul 02, 2012
brabus:

HATLAB ICE CREAM

Wow. This looks really good. I like the layout of
website. Excellent use of colours and graphics. Good job!

Observation

Getting error message from /ice-cream-flavours, why?

Site Load-time - Huh?

Call me old-school, but I still like to see sites come
in under 100KB. If a site takes longer to load, it makes my patience thinner.

Custom Not-found/404 Page

I love that! It guides your visitors to content and helps retain them.

Clear Navigation Labels

Main navigation should be short, to the point, and easy to grasp. I love them!

COME TO NIGERIA

I really like this site. There's a nice clean layout,
good organization... Pretty sweet. Good graphics and to the point messaging. I can't find many issues with it.

Observation

Forum

There's sharp contrast in the theme of the main site and the forum. Not too bad anyway!

Unobtrusive Ads

I like sites where ads are nicely integrated. You don't need to force ads and pop-ups on your visitors to get result. It just need to be right.

This site is a good example of a perfect website.

Many thanks for the honest reviews!

Hatlab Icecream
I designed the Icecream website almost two years ago and I have handed it over since then....
The link /ice-cream-flavours you mentioned is working here but it takes ages to load
I guess maybe the owner's webmaster has tampered with the design.... I will check with her to find out!

COME TO NIGERIA
I am presently working on a new design for the forum and it will surely reflect colour on the main site

The adverts issue will also be dealt with soon...

I appreciate your reviews and observations!
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 4:51am On Jul 02, 2012
eworker: How about this: http/personalhomerealtor.com

What's this? Take a good look at your home-page - can you summarize it in few words?
Whenever I visit a site, I want to get the basic gist of the home-page in just a few moments.

Your website should:

1. Motivate people to check back.
2. Describe what is special about you or your business.
3. Capture people’s attention.
4. Be Different.

Don't give your audience work to do. They just want to be entertained and informed by you and your site.

You should be able to convince a girl on your first date as a second date is most unlikely.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 5:36am On Jul 02, 2012
gistcrunch: STILL WORKING ON IT THOUGH. Need to leave the free host and free domain, buy a domain name and hsot it premium. Doing that this week, buying a new theme or template and some plugins to complete it, meanwhile it's on better testing.

Regards Fellow Corp members,

In the light of given enough attention to how corpers relate, we had to go extra mile to create a social networking website were all corpers from different states can meet, create groups and circles for their camps and places of primary assignment, so that even when they are disbanded from camp and scattered to different places of primary assignment they can stick together on a social networking site dedicated to NYSC Corp members. So on my own I came up with NYSCconnections the website is www.nyscconnections.wall.fm i.e www(dot)nyscconnections(dot)wall(dot)fm let's visit it, join, tell your friends and together let's crowdfund* and crowdpromote Naija's first social networking website that works exactly like facebook strictly dedicated to both new and ex-corpers. Has features like FORUM, you can upload videos and pictures, share links, discuss your experiences and make new friends from different camps in the 36 states of the federation.

Our needs:

*Crowdfund can be as little as 1000naira and we'd recognize you by metioning you on twitter, we're creating a Thank you page to list all the names of those that participated in helping the project fly. Either through financial support, referals, promotions, tech support, data support, ideas and criticism, marketing, sponsorship or endorsements. Contributions will be appreciated based on level of contribution and participation, ranging from gift and thank you letters, emails, post card, branded T-shirts with signature up to partnership rights depending on how much contributed.

We need support for the following:
Crowdfund and CrowdPromotion for--

A proper domain name (a www.sitename.com)

A premium hosting server

Purchase more plugins to enhance and make the social networking experience an enjoyable one.

A physical office with 24 hours internet facility where we can operate from, updating, improving and working on the project to achieve its main aim.

1000 members to carry out beta testing of the project, to criticise and advice on improvements.

Web developers, programmers and designers.

Online social media promoters to help promote the project.

We also need contacts of each of the CAMP PRO officers handling the Corpers Broadcasting Services, Contacts of every CLO in each place of primary assignment.

Contact info of each camp director.
........................................................................................

Note: that it is totally free to use the site and we need to make this project a reality.

If you find this appealing and you would love to support the project in anyway or contribute either in kind or in money or through marketing and promotions, please contact the admin who single handedly structured out this website on 08039093482. (Tommy Forbes) or mail me at trusttomola@gmail.com | Blackberry PIN: 2224D72D | twitter: @TommyZizaH | @GistCrunch

*crowdfund- is the process of raising fund informally to support a project or cause or SME and help it raise finances to actively stand firm and achieve its aim.

Thanks,
Visit: www.nyscconnections.wall.fm and let's run a beta test.. Let's take all the action there. Let's make this work and stay.

www(dot)nyscconnections(dot)wall(dot)fm

@ ajuwaya, please read my last post.

Can't say much on this as its still a work in progress.

Here are few points to take note:

Make the registration process simple.

A new user should be able to join the community by using a “Login with Facebook” button (since most of your target audience are on Facebook). The form should ask for their first and last name, gender, date of birth, email address and password.

Yeah! Captcha code that was included in your the registration process before submitting the form - that's fine!

Users should be able to update their profile and start adding friends afterwards.

Introduce Nice Features

- Profiles customization with unique colors and images
- Photo albums - give users a place to organize and share images
- Social games/circles - give users a way to interact online in groups or cliches.

Clean Up Your Home

I can see that you're working hard on building a nice website and putting up great information for everyone to see but squeezing everything you can on the wall can't get you the deserved result.

Tagline/Slogan/Catchy Phrase

Think about this.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 6:02am On Jul 02, 2012
cheapvcc.biz:

Really Nice news for me.I am new on this forum.So Please infrom me, That can i sale script on this forum?

That's great! It would probably spark the discussions in the programming sections. Plus it would be great to have a place on Nairaland to sell scripts.

However, I would suggest talking to the moderators, Slyr0x and omo_to_dun, to seek consent.

Having it on this thread would clutter up things.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 6:04am On Jul 02, 2012
[size=18]Everything is designed. Few things are designed well.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by etchel(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
Wow i lyk this thread
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by brabus(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
etchel: Wow i lyk this thread

Thanks etchel. This thread is meant to carefully evaluate designs of webmasters and also provide constructive criticism to help them improve the quality of their work and better serve their audience.

We weren’t really looking at the negatives, but we are focusing on what's wrong with a design and what could be improved — which, to some degree, makes sense.

I expect all contributors on this thread to take a thorough look at the websites submitted and provide their contribution on what’s working on the site and what might turn the customers away.

Come along, let's take your site to new heights!
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 03, 2012
brabus:

A new user should be able to join the community by using a “Login with Facebook” button (since most of your target audience are on Facebook). The form should ask for their first and last name, gender, date of birth, email address and password.

Yeah! Captcha code that was included in your the registration process before submitting the form - that's fine!

Users should be able to update their profile and start adding friends afterwards.

Introduce Nice Features

- Social games/circles - give users a way to interact online in groups or cliches.

Clean Up Your Home

I can see that you're working hard on building a nice website and putting up great information for everyone to see but squeezing everything you can on the wall can't get you the deserved result.

Think about this.

I must confess that's a lot of support already coming from you.. I'd make the registration process as short and as concise as twitter.. To encourage easy registration. Intend to hide the whole wall to unregistered visitors so on the homepage they're asked to register to login and update their profile afterwards. Thank you very much, it's all been noted and would be worked on. And yes, working on the INVITE FRIEND and LOGIN with facebook and twitter plugins. Should be ready soon. Just alone on this and I think there should be a forum for freelance beta testers, app developers, script modeler, social media gurus, seo pros, and much more. Great job you're doing.

Here are some other of my works. Note also that, I'm self taught I learnt web design and HTML reading every steps bit by bit on google till I perfected most and still learning now.. I know I need a script, domain and good webhost to get something tangible designed. Thanks.

www.tilingerie..com
www.gistcrunch
www.shaladiva..com
www.petrooilandgas.webs.com

And I'm working on an item listing site looking for a script that works like cheki.com or maybe I'd just mirror it and if there's anyone who can help with that too. You guyz are doing a great job. We should have a serious Google+ Circle and meet physically once in a while to help ourselves improve..or maybe a group on facebook.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 03, 2012
brabus:

Introduce Nice Features

Clean Up Your Home

Think about this.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 03, 2012
brabus:

Introduce Nice Features

Clean Up Your Home

Think about this.

I must confess that's a lot of support already coming from you.. I'd make the registration process as short and as concise as twitter.. To encourage easy registration. Intend to hide the whole wall to unregistered visitors so on the homepage they're asked to register to login and update their profile afterwards. Thank you very much, it's all been noted and would be worked on. And yes, working on the INVITE FRIEND and LOGIN with facebook and twitter plugins. Should be ready soon. Just alone on this and I think there should be a forum for freelance beta testers, app developers, script modeler, social media gurus, seo pros, and much more. Great job you're doing.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 03, 2012
Here are some other of my works. Note also that, I'm self taught I learnt web design and HTML reading every steps bit by bit on google till I perfected most and still learning now.. I know I need a script, domain and good webhost to get something tangible designed. Thanks.

www.tilingerie..com
www.gistcrunch
www.shaladiva..com
www.petrooilandgas.webs.com

And I'm working on an item listing site looking for a script that works like cheki.com or maybe I'd just mirror it and if there's anyone who can help with that too. You guyz are doing a great job. We should have a serious Google+ Circle and meet physically once in a while to help ourselves improve..or maybe a group on facebook.
Re: Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here by spunkymunkey: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2012
Hi:

My name is Spunky Munkey. I just made this site. www.spunkymunkey.com

Fairly happy with it, and still changing it around a little more maybe.

The hardest thing was getting all the songs together.

cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng / Saad Abdulganiy Built A House In Ilorin (Photos) / Jack Dorsey Visits UNILAG (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.