Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (18986 Views)

If God Knew Satan, Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 6:44am On Jun 20, 2012
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 20, 2012
HeKnows:
It's funny reading all of your post guys...how each and everyone is fired up to try and convince the other otherwise...Anyways...i have an answer, and it's pretty simple...I've read all of your posts, but not even one of them hit it directly(some where so close), and for Cyrexx ? shame on you, & Mr.Anony I loved your words and reason...nevertheless people here it goes...
Your post is even funnier.. let's see what answers you have..

HeKnows:
God Almighty Knew That Adam And Eve Will Sin, & He Also Knew That Satan Will Rebel, That's Why Jesus Was Begotten As His Son Even Before The Beginning Of Existence, & That's Why From The First Day Of Creation Till Our Last Day On This Earth, The Glory Of Christ Is Shown & Spoken Of, Through Scriptures, Miracles, Prophesies, Visions & So On...& The Holy Bible Is A Living Proof To That
By this reasoning, God Almighty was also aware of the hurt that he would cause, also aware that his creation would not be perfect, also aware that scriptures would be twisted by men, and his very 'proof' would be a source of confusion even among believers... I fully agree with you here..

HeKnows:
All of the ones who says that God is a fairytale ? Means they never tried approaching God, they're just trying to rebuke his words and deny his existence, if you think you can disprove God and his existence because of some books you read that was written by man that were obviously more lost then you, then keep on reading more and more of these books, it wont make a difference really...Once lost,always lost, unless saved by a miracle
Funny, the Bible you believe in.. wasn't it written by men also? Wasn't it compiled by humans? Divine inspiration, abi... of course everyone claims to have divine inspiration..

HeKnows:
Speaking about miracle ? You will definitely experience a miracle once you accept Christ...Why ? Simple...Christ is Love, actually, he's the source of everything that has to do with LOVE...so unless you don't accept him as your own savior and truly understand his word & abide in it, you wont then experience that love for real.
Emm, didn't Paul/Saul experience a 'miracle' before accepting Christ? I won't argue with you on the LOVE part... but you don't have to believe in Jesus or be a Christian to show love.. If God exists, he isn't constrained by religion... especially the Xtian one...

HeKnows:
[s]God is pure and holy, how do you expect to witness his glory and feel his holy spirit if you did not commit your life as much as possible to his own image ? Do you really expect that you will experience the presence of God while you still live in your filthy ways ? God is holy, and the only way for you to reach him and feel him, is for you being holy 2 ! You want a proof that God exists ? No one can proof this to you only yourself, so it's either you except him and have a relationship with him(& then & only then you'll know that he does exist) or you just shut your mouth... yes i said shut your mouth, and stop trying to disprove his existence with some filthy theories that you read/heard about from others...[/s]
The only reason these theories came to existence it's because in no way or form these men tried reaching for God, the only thing they did was disproving his existence, and guess what, they had no answer either....You want to know if God exists, then go to him and stop wasting your time trying to sound philosophical and whatever..
And friends, that's how the Bible came to being... man's desperate attempt to reach God, having no answers, and creating an imaginary one in MAN'S own image...

HeKnows:
Billions of philosophers argued about it...& no one will have an answer for you...only you'll have an answer for yourself ! It's funny how people say that God does not exist, and the only thing they try to do is always disproving his existence...God exists, and he is holy, and the only way for you to be reconciled with him is through Jesus Christ...And yes hell exists, it's even more real then your life on earth, if hell did not exists then the sacrifice of Jesus would have no meaning...Jesus died for you to be with him in God's kingdom...why does he want you to be with him in God's kingdom ?
HELL is not real.. there's no such place, a God who created earth would have been more creative, instead of trying to use 'EARTHLY' principles to scare 'EARTHLY' beings whom he had promised eternal life... lmao..
And concerning God's kingdom, can you explain this Bible passage?
20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”[c]

HeKnows:
Besides it being the most beautiful place in existence...he wants you to escape hell, which is made for the devil and the one who follows the devil...That's why he came for us...God is not harsh, he created hell for the devil and his followers...You decide if you want hell or not...It's so simple...Most people nowadays are following the devil without even noticing it ! It's in their everyday life! Actions...Songs...Thoughts...Pleasures ! It's everywhere, but the people take it as OPEN MIND and UP2DATE...like seriously, i have seen all kinds of filthiness in this so called open mindedness age...And the sad part that people loves it...you know why ? Cz they're not acting as human beings anymore, they're acting like animals...yep...all lovers of pleasure... no more love...drunkenness...drugs...prostitution...even relationships between one another are being destroyed...& that's when Satan rules, & God loses...
And so Satan has been ruling since the beginning of time, cos at no point in history, did all religions or tribe worship YAHWEH exclusively...

HeKnows:
Yep, the only way God could win your soul is by JesusChrist, his begotten son whom he prepared for you since before the beginning of age...But the sad truth is, that the more you give yourself up to this world and it's filthy pleasures, the more your gonna be drawn into this vortex...Yes God knew Satan will rebel & Adam & Eve will sin, and we are the living proof of that...& Yes that's why Jesus came, he came for if you believed in him and in his message of love, then you are surely saved..But as long as you are trying to say that he's a fairytale instead of trying to embrace him and find the answer on your own, as long as your just wasting your time in here arguing and arguing...Then his message will be missed ! And for Cyruxx who claims that he was born again and so on, i say unto you my brother, that you were never born again, cz if that was the case, you wouldn't have talked like that...It would have been better for you to not know Christ, then to know him & praise him, and then leave him...For am telling you the truth, if you really knew him, you wouldn't be in here testing against him...The only reason you worshiped him is because you wanted something in return, and once you didn't get it...You flew away...Anyways, there are a lot of testimonies in the site that am gonna give you shortly that will open your eyes about heaven and hell, these are the testimonies of several people whom had visions about heaven and hell by Jesus himself...You don't believe them, it's your own belief, but that doesn't mean that they're not true... Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh ; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions... You can check them out in here : http://divinerevelations.info/
You're just like every other hypocrite out there. You claim an experience is personal, yet when one tells you he was once born again, IN YOUR IGNORANCE AND SELF DECEIT, you boldly proclaim he wasn't.. do you sign BORN AGAIN CERTIFICATES, in pentecostal parlance, is that your CALLING?

HeKnows:
P.S : anyone who's gonna debunk this msg dnt waste your time...Am not here for arguments, i just gave the truth and my own experience....But just one notice before i leave...Anyone who claims that God does not exist and he himself did not try to reach him, is considered a fool. Many have reached him...So, once you've tried to truly reach him and you weren't successful ....then you have the rights to come and say he does not exist...& there's no way you wont find him if you truly sought him... Just like Satanists exists, so do the Believers cheesy not like Cyruxx... It's not to late though brother... Take care everyone...May the lord be with you all
If only u'd be honest with yourself, it would be too late for you too..
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by truthislight: 8:37am On Jun 20, 2012
@cyrexx
The most intelligent person i have ever red about is Jesus christ.
And i believe his genuine followers should be intelligent since they will learn from him.
I dont expect all so call born again to really have much to offer on this thread cus they easily loss their cool and start vibrating.
That said,
A want to commen mr anony. i read his defence on apostle paul on the thread concerning paul's role in christianity. I personally think he did a good job.

If Jesus christ was always lossing his cool and vibrating i wander how he would have been able to do the beautiful rational job he did during his ministry here on earth In front of opposition often.

That said, i dont expect any good job from this people exploiting people in buses and churches cause Jesus did say "a good tree produces fine fruit and a rotten tree produces rotten fruit"

It takes some one with his mind intact to patiently read through this thread and get the sense in it and after rational considerations he or she may decide to post or go back and think deeply on the issues covered.
Peace
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2012
@ truthislight

thanks a lot
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by caezar: 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
I am posting in response to the original poster.

I believe (note that I have said 'believe') that it is simply because Man is incomplete without free will.

In turn, free will is impossible without choice.

And with choice comes a host of other things: uncertainty, value, but most importantly right and wrong.

If man must have the right to choose, he must also have the right to choose wrong. If Man was created in God's image and to reside with God, it must also be by choice. Therefore, Satan, Evil, the Tree: all were necessary so that while Man resided in Eden with God, it would remain by choice. But just as well, at any point man could decide against that choice, eat of the tree and walk away from God.

I also think we sometimes misunderstand God's omniscience. God knows all paths that are open to us, knows what each path will bring us, knows our hearts and what sways it, knows our thoughts and the very moment we've made a choice, yet he does not interfere in that process - at least, not most of the time. There is a difference between a gentle guide and a controlling tyrant. God is the former not the latter. For in order for us to truly love God, we must be able to choose the path that leads us to him.

To sum it up, I believe God is mostly concerned with the beginning and the end.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by HeKnows: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
musKeeto:

By this reasoning, God Almighty was also aware of the hurt that he would cause, also aware that his creation would not be perfect, also aware that scriptures would be twisted by men, and his very 'proof' would be a source of confusion even among believers... I fully agree with you here..

[b] Exactly...Just as he was aware that Jesus has to be crushed for our sins, and suffer in order for his followers to get redeemed...You see ? You have a free will, that's justice...God doesn't want unbelievers in his kingdom. Let's say 170 billion people were born from the beginning of creation till the end..if 144 were not saved(cause they chose not to), and 16 billion has accepted him and thus inherited heaven...do you think God will be sad for the other 144 ? Yes he will be sad for the 144 that didn't accept him, but he will surely rejoice with the other 16 bil and that's for sure !...God needs faithful believers my friend...if your not gonna plead for him, he's not in need of you...God is not in need for unbelievers, he's in need for believers !...thus knowing that 90 % wont make it, but the other 10% percent has proved that they are loyal...If you don't agree that 16bil will be more than enough and say that God's creation was meaningless... I dunno about you then...But I don't see it meaningless...I see it reasonable and totally worthy xD [/b]

Funny, the Bible you believe in.. wasn't it written by men also? Wasn't it compiled by humans? Divine inspiration, abi... of course everyone claims to have divine inspiration..

About that...I already said it, there's one way to find out...You either experience it for yourself and dwell in the scriptures and in the word of God and meditate on it and feel it ! Or simply "shut you mouth..." hehe

Emm, didn't Paul/Saul experience a 'miracle' before accepting Christ? I won't argue with you on the LOVE part... but you don't have to believe in Jesus or be a Christian to show love.. If God exists, he isn't constrained by religion... especially the Xtian one...

[b] You need to understand something...God(Jesus) is LOVE...So everything that comes out of love is in a way or another coming from God(Jesus)...Actually i couldn't careless for the religion labeled Christianity...as much as i only care about God(Jesus)...A lot of people are Christians, yet you can't take each and everyone seriously...Why ?simply cause it's not about religion...It's about one being and that's God(Jesus)...If you remove all the BullSh** men had done to Christianity(man laws and so on) and only concentrate on the Image of Christ and his message,then you will surely understand what am talking about.....Oh, and as for Paul & his vision...Anyone can have a vision of God if God wants him to have a vision...holy or not holy...God chooses if he wants to show himself for you...& that's what he did for Paul...But this does not mean that others who seek him wont feel him or something...God(Love) is everywhere, just like Satan(Evil) is everywhere...You can experience God or Satan if you wished..And by no means God or Satan are not allowed to show themselves for you...They're both God's in our eyes...Like there is Positive(God) and Negative(Satan)..& our daily lives are a living proof on that... [/b]

And friends, that's how the Bible came to being... man's desperate attempt to reach God, having no answers, and creating an imaginary one in MAN'S own image...

Once again, until you've tried it for yourself reaching God...Till then you can still shut your mouth tongue heh And if by any means u will tell me, there's no way to waste your time on a book that men have wrote due to them being desperate and so on...Well, these men your calling desperate where the reason a lot of people have found peace and hope in their lives and in their Savior...And that peace and hope is for you to experience it and decide...You can't take what everyone is saying unless you experience it for yourself...So it's like a 50-50 chance...the bible is either a spam, or it's the ultimate truth...And you can't abide by what people had commented through the ages..Unless you experience it for yourself, then you have the right to come and judge it...& still judging it wont make a difference...anyways...

HELL is not real.. there's no such place, a God who created earth would have been more creative, instead of trying to use 'EARTHLY' principles to scare 'EARTHLY' beings whom he had promised eternal life... lmao..
And concerning God's kingdom, can you explain this Bible passage?

[b] Now, if you don't agree that hell exists, then Jesus sacrifice was meaningless...The only reason he sacrificed himself is to save you from hell(which was created for the ones who doesn't want to accept GoD in anyway or form)..But if you were smart enough, you would have noticed that here on earth and through people's interactions and way of living,you can see that there is Good and there is Bad...So saying that hell and heaven does not exist, is like saying that
"Oh, on this earth there is no such thing as BAD..." Yes there is...There is Good and Bad and this is real, and there is Hell & Heaven in a higher realm, it makes complete sense... Thus if there is no heaven or hell, that wouldn't be fair..You know what they say about KARMA right ? Anyways...I dunno why is it so hard for you to accept that there is Hell( a place away from God) and there is Heaven (A Place with God)....Now as for your question about your verse, here is the explanation check it out http://obt.org.uk/Downloads/Problem%20Passages%2001.pdf And to be honest with you, I also thought that why didn't God directly
created us in heaven, and we wouldn't have to suffer all of these things, and we could have been directly with him...You want an answer ? No one will give you an answer...Cause no one knows...But the thing i like to do, is to think that you are in no means wiser than an Almighty God, and am sure what happened was for the best of everyone...Yes for the best...Once again, he's been helping you since the start of creation...He's not the one condemning you to hell...You're the one condemning yourself to hell...By your actions, and by not believing in him, all will lead you to your destination which is hell(away from God for not believing in him and thus accepting the filthy pleasures of this world that are given by Satan) P.S : Any human being would realize that the world is getting more worse by each and every minute ! If you really believe that this world is your ultimate heaven(happy place), then you are really deceived...You know what ? Believing that this world to be THE thing, is by itself the most cruel thing someone could do...But believing that there's an afterlife in which you choose whether you want to spend it with God(Love) or with Satan(Evil) , that's total free will and Justice...Anyways, it's a matter of believing in the end...moving on [/b]

And so Satan has been ruling since the beginning of time, cos at no point in history, did all religions or tribe worship YAHWEH exclusively...

Yes, we can both agree that Satan is ruling since the beginning of time...But you don't have to abide in him, you can reject his evil and accept Christ's love..Remember that 10 % (16 bil) will have their part in the kingdoms of heaven with God...You might think, it's not worth it...But God thinks it is for sure worth it for the believers and the ones who trust in him and his word.

You're just like every other hypocrite out there. You claim an experience is personal, yet when one tells you he was once born again, IN YOUR IGNORANCE AND SELF DECEIT, you boldly proclaim he wasn't.. do you sign BORN AGAIN CERTIFICATES, in pentecostal parlance, is that your CALLING?

[b] And as for Cyruxx and the comments that i said about him...Am still on with my stand...No one is really born again in spirit and is walking 100% with God and drifts away from him suddenly is worthy to be called born again...he might think he was born again, but he's the #1 proof that he wasn't ! No one can experience the Love of Christ his God for real and drift away from him, unless he was taking God for granted wink Imagine the Apostle Paul who was born in spirit...And then after all the preaching he's done and the soul's that he saved and the power that he was granted by the holy spirit...
Suddenly he drifts away and continues his life as if he never knew Christ...That's total non-sense cheesy It's either you're really born again(which means from the day you were born till the last day you lived on this earth you worshiped God, of course with some difficulties along the road..), or you thought you were born again and you thought that you knew God...Cause trust me..no one knows God and his real love and leaves him...& that what happened with Cyruxx...He can call me whatever names he want to call me...But i will still tell him..Shame on you, you were never been born again, cause if you really were born again, you wouldn't have drifted away...Maybe he was trying to believe in God and thought he was born again, and due to many reasons he didn't want to believe in God anymore and stopped completely...I think will leave that issue for Cyruxx...He reminds me of my dad..He went on 27 years serving the lord, he did miracles! He cured people everywhere he went by the name of Jesus Christ! But he took God for granted and once he didn't get what he was expecting from God in this life( great family, great job and so on...) he completely drifted away...Why did he drift away ? Simple...He might have cured people while he was filled with Christ through all of these years...But if you come to me, i will never say that he was born again, cause he leaved God when God didn't live for his expectations...Anyways...Never mind...that's it[/b]

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
@ Heknows

the name is CYREXX, dumbo, not Cyruxx.

your type is not worth wasting any time with - shameless rude fellow.

as all your fairy tales have been shown to be what it truly is - fairy tales.

you will keep spouting off your ignorance everywhere and people devoid of religious dogma will keep seeing it for what it is - pure ignorance.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
just realised HeKnows a lot of bullshit.. indeed a waste of time... goodluck with heaven... crap like u r those who make it..
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by truthislight: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2012
The way they talk about this heaven its like they are the ones that will reward their self with heaven.
They dont even get the sens of bible teachings.

Matt 5:3 and mtt 5:5
clearly Jesus made no mistake since the whole bible consistently follow this line. Heaven and earth
Psalms 37:29

infact. Taking men to heaven is the new thing in Gods purpose,
those going to heaven are not going because of personal over righteouseness, but rather, it is a gift from God for rulership (carbinate members) ruling over righteouse people on a cleanse earth. Rev20:4 (there has naver been death in heaven, so, the reference is on cleaning the earth).
The bible is all about a paradise lost at the begining on earth and the process God went through to restore it. And what one need to do to be there.

Time past God has besically give satan enough time to prove his allegation toward God for all to see, this will prevent God being accuse of abusing his power, and this agrees with his superlative justice.
So, with the failue of satan so far, when God thus take action, he will be justified.
And for all eternity this precedence will serve as a warning.
Peace
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Princewell2012(m): 3:32am On Jun 22, 2012
alexleo:

Thanks dear. Again we cannot see God with our physical eyes but we feel his presence in our heart. Just like we cannot see the wind but feel it when it blows. Thats its good to have a genuine born again experience which makes you feel God's presence. For those of us who have had this experience nothing can make us believe there is no God. But for those so called christians who have not had this experience they are the ones easily carried away by the so called logic of the atheists.

you are very correct, but do you believe that christianity is not a religion? Jesus said love your enemy and pray for those who despisefuly use and condem you, so no religion group will ever keep such comandment, now the person who gave such comandment does not have religion, and that is an atribute of God, because every body belong to him, and he equal love to every body and they are the only group of people that preach peace, like their creator, now if any christian believe that christianity is another religion, such person is not worshiping the true God, he is simply practicing religion like the people of the world, a lot of people does not know the meaning of christianity, they take it to be another religion, and have realy miss the point, christianity is love, God is love, religion is hatred, the greatest comandment is love, think about this. Thanks
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 4:21am On Jun 22, 2012
saying that christianity is not a religion is like saying Nigeria is not country but a group of special people better than than the rest of the world.

of course since i love my country, i can convince myself that the statement is true. but does that make it true? is nigeria not really a country?

the real truth is that christianity is a religion, including all its branches from catholicism, protestantism, pentecostalism,holiness movement, charismatic movement etc etc etc

all this discovering god yourself you had been saying is nothing more than the psychological effect of convincing yourself of having somebody up there that is for you, not agaisnt you. this is a very positive feeling. but nothing more than that. i know cos i've had it before. just like children who believe in Father Christmas. the child will be happy. and somehow its better to leave him happy than to tell him the truth, at least until he is matured and ready.

that is same way with all these bornagain experiences. its a good feeling. but its not the truth. its just a comforting psychological experience i will recommend to any sad person, especially under the load of religion-induced unnecessary guilt. but not suitable to a true seeker of the truth about God.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 4:29am On Jun 22, 2012
cyrexx: saying that christianity is not a religion is like saying Nigeria is not country but a group of special people better than than the rest of the world.

of course since i love my country, i can convince myself that the statement is true. but does that make it true? is nigeria not really a country?

the real truth is that christianity is a religion, including all its branches from catholicism, protestantism, pentecostalism,holiness movement, charismatic movement etc etc etc

all this discovering god yourself you had been saying is nothing more than the psychological effect of convincing yourself of having somebody up there that is for you, not agaisnt you. this is a very positive feeling. but nothing more than that. i know cos i've had it before. just like children who believe in Father Christmas. the child will be happy. and somehow its better to leave him happy than to tell him the truth, at least until he is matured and ready.

that is same way with all these bornagain experiences. its a good feeling. but its not the truth. its just a comforting psychological experience i will recommend to any sad person, especially under the load of religion-induced unnecessary guilt. but not suitable to a true seeker of the truth about God.

Being born-again is much more than a psychological feeling. It takes more than a psychological feeling to change your life, attitudes, behaviour and thinking overnight to the point that not only are you willing to die for your faith, you are at the same time forgiving your killers.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 6:12am On Jun 22, 2012
@ Mr Anony

ok, let me rephrase my statement: all this discovering god yourself you had been saying is nothing more than the psychological effect spiritual effect of convincing yourself of having somebody up there that is for you, not agaisnt you. this is a very positive feeling. but nothing more than that. i know cos i've had it before. just like children who believe in Father Christmas. the child will be happy. and somehow its better to leave him happy than to tell him the truth, at least until he is matured and ready.

that is same way with all these bornagain experiences. its a good feeling. but its not the truth. its just a comforting psychological spiritual experience i will recommend to any sad person, especially under the load of religion-induced unnecessary guilt. but not suitable to a true seeker of the truth about God.

and moreso, those behavioural changes you mentioned are just a shift in perspectives or worldview (i.e. the way you perceive the world around you). it is found in other religions too. if you believed Islam's statements with TOTAL CONVICTION like you did your christian faith, you will do everything Islam condones like dying for your faith etc. its just that christianity is more sensible and loving. but nevertheless is the same belief system of afterlife that drastically changes behaviour. seriously, who will not change when you are TOTALLY CONVINCED you are no longer going to a hell you believed you deserved to go?

ok?
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 6:37am On Jun 22, 2012
cyrexx: @ Mr Anony

ok, let me rephrase my statement: all this discovering god yourself you had been saying is nothing more than the psychological effect spiritual effect of convincing yourself of having somebody up there that is for you, not agaisnt you. this is a very positive feeling. but nothing more than that. i know cos i've had it before. just like children who believe in Father Christmas. the child will be happy. and somehow its better to leave him happy than to tell him the truth, at least until he is matured and ready.

that is same way with all these bornagain experiences. its a good feeling. but its not the truth. its just a comforting psychological spiritual experience i will recommend to any sad person, especially under the load of religion-induced unnecessary guilt. but not suitable to a true seeker of the truth about God.

and moreso, those behavioural changes are just a shift in perspectives. it is found in other religions too. if you believed islams statements with TOTAL CONVICTION like you your christian faith, you will do everything islam condones like dying for your faith etc. its just that christianity is more sensible and loving. but nevertheless is the same belief system of afterlife that drastically changes behaviour. seriously, who will not change when you are TOTALLY CONVINCED you are no longer going to a hell you believed you deserved to go?

ok?

My friend, perhaps what you had and lost was a psychological feeling. A few years ago, I would have been making the exact same argument you are making now but I know what I have found, I can't deny the grace that has been given to me. God in his mercy has chosen to reveal himself to me and that I cannot deny. Even if God told me today that there is no more afterlife, I will still love Him and glorify Him. Let God be true and all men be liars.

If you want to know God, seek Him.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by alexleo(m): 6:42am On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=cyrexx]@ Mr Anony

Experiencing God is much more than what you described and thats why you went into atheism. I still blame some of these churches for failing to feed people with the proper word of God that will guide them properly in getting genuine salvation. If you were properly guided you wouldnt see it the way you re seeing it now. God help you
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 7:04am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

My friend, perhaps what you had and lost was a psychological feeling. A few years ago, I would have been making the exact same argument you are making now but I know what I have found, I can't deny the grace that has been given to me. God in his mercy has chosen to reveal himself to me and that I cannot deny. Even if God told me today that there is no more afterlife, I will still love Him and glorify Him. Let God be true and all men be liars.

If you want to know God, seek Him.

now you are talking.

i always have great regards for christians who serve their God for who he is, not because they fear hell or want his blessings. if he exists at all, i wont serve him because of hell. cos thats no true worship, but forced coercion.

Mr Anony, now i promise you in all sincerity of heart, if i find any true undoubtable evidence for biblical god's existence and his validity as the TRUE CREATOR, I will SURELY get back to you and tell you i found him.

ive been looking for him and he is nowhere to be found.

just in case he will hear me now, let me shout:

O THOU GOD DECLARED TO HUMANITY ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE
MANIFEST YOURSELF TO ME AND PROVE BEYOND DOUBT THAT YOU EXIST AS THE ONLY TRUE CREATOR
I AM SEEKING TO KNOW THE TRUTH
YOUR REFUSAL TO MANIFEST TO ME CONFIRMS THAT YOU ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM ALLAH, OBATALA, AMADIOHA, VISHNU AND OTHER GODS WHO ALSO CLAIM TO BE THE TRUE CREATOR

amen
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2012
cyrexx:

now you are talking.

i always have great regards for christians who serve their God for who he is, not because they fear hel or want his blessingsl. if he exists at all, i will never serve him because of hell. cos thats no true worship, but forced coercion.

Mr Anony, now i promise you in all sincerity of heart, if i find any true undoubtable evidence for biblical god's existence and his validity as the TRUE CREATOR, I will SURELY get back to you and tell you i found him.

MANIFEST YOURSELF TO ME AND PROVE BEYOND DOUBT THAT YOU EXIST AS THE ONLY TRUE CREATOR
YOUR REFUSAL TO MANIFEST TO ME CONFIRMS THAT YOU ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM ALLAH, OBATALA, AMADIOHA, VISHNU AND OTHER GODS WHO ALSO CLAIM TO BE THE TRUE CREATOR

amen

Lol, If you truly seek God you will find God (not the same as shouting at Him on a forum)
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Lol, If you truly seek God you will find God (not the same as shouting at Him on a forum)

what else do you want me to do?

those prayers reflect my sincere truth-seeking prayers

are you implying that god is unfindable?

i dont understand you

can you clearly define how to seek and find Him
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Enigma(m): 7:18am On Jun 22, 2012
@cyrexx

One way is this: don't hold the shortcomings of us Christians against God; regard that as the shortcomings of weak human beings.

Challenge us, criticise us --- leave God out of it. You may even choose not to worry about him.

The funny thing is this: God Himself is looking for you and if you let Him, He will find you! smiley

cool
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 7:22am On Jun 22, 2012
@ enigma

ok
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Enigma(m): 7:24am On Jun 22, 2012
^^ God bless. smiley
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by jagunlabi(m): 7:45am On Jun 22, 2012
The bible god has even bigger shortcomings than we human beings, so he has to be criticized also. Moreover, why would any sane person want to seek or be found by such a flawed deity?
Enigma: @cyrexx

One way is this: don't hold the shortcomings of us Christians against God; regard that as the shortcomings of weak human beings.

Challenge us, criticise us --- leave God out of it. You may even choose not to worry about him.

The funny thing is this: God Himself is looking for you and if you let Him, He will find you! smiley

cool
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Enigma(m): 7:47am On Jun 22, 2012
^^ Do as it suits you, Jenw, erm jagunlabi. smiley

cool
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by jagunlabi(m): 7:54am On Jun 22, 2012
The name is Jagunlabi, mate. smiley
Enigma: ^^ Do as it suits you, Jenw, erm jagunlabi. smiley

cool
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Enigma(m): 8:03am On Jun 22, 2012
^^ Whatever, mate. smiley

cool
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by alexleo(m): 8:07am On Jun 22, 2012
cyrexx:

now you are talking.

i always have great regards for christians who serve their God for who he is, not because they fear hell or want his blessings. if he exists at all, i wont serve him because of hell. cos thats no true worship, but forced coercion.

amen

I pray God to make himself known to you and give you genuine salvation. Amen. Those who serve God for fear of hell are the ones who slide into atheism after some time. We talk about hell because its in the scripture not because want to scare anybody. I pray i ll see you testify about having this genuine salvation and making heaven at last.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Kay17: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2012
Its fair to say, God is an abstract that exists in the mind of the adherent.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by jagunlabi(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2012
And you, sir. Has God made himself known to you? If that is the case, can you give us his physical description? Just the physical description and nothing more. We'd love to know how he looks like.
alexleo:

I pray God to make himself known to you and give you genuine salvation. Amen. Those who serve God for fear of hell are the ones who slide into atheism after some time. We talk about hell because its in the scripture not because want to scare anybody. I pray i ll see you testify about having this genuine salvation and making heaven at last.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by alexleo(m): 8:21am On Jun 22, 2012
jagunlabi: The bible god has even bigger shortcomings than we human beings, so he has to be criticized also. Moreover, why would any sane person want to seek or be found by such a flawed deity?

Thats the difference between your own atheism and that of cyrexx, in your own case you know there is God but just hate to serve him while Cyrexx will prefer to have a real experience of him if he actually exists. I see him as one who doesnt want a pastor-told-me experience rather a personal experience so pls leave the discussion at that. Thanks
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by alexleo(m): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2012
jagunlabi: And you, sir. Has God made himself known to you? If that is the case, can you give us his physical description? Just the physical description and nothing more. We'd love to know how he looks like.

The best way to experience God is by having a personal encounter with him. The one that somebody told you doesnt sink well and can make you slide back into atheism as time goes on. A sincere prayer in your closet telling God that you want to feel him in your life, asking him to save your soul. If you pray with sincerity avoid this arrogant statemet about settles it. Cheers.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by jagunlabi(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2012
You just shied away from my request. I asked you to describe how your lord physically look like and all you could come up with is useless preachings. Anyways, no worries. I did not expect you to come up with anything concrete. Cheers!
alexleo:

The best way to experience God is by having a personal encounter with him. The one that somebody told you doesnt sink well and can make you slide back into atheism as time goes on. A sincere prayer in your closet telling God that you want to feel him in your life, asking him to save your soul. If you pray with sincerity avoid this arrogant statemet about settles it. Cheers.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2012
jagunlabi: You just shied away from my request. I asked you to describe how your lord physically look like and all you could come up with is useless preachings. Anyways, no worries. I did not expect you to come up with anything concrete. Cheers!
Lol, if he had said "God looks like A", you would probably have replied "but another person said God looks like B" so the answer he gave you is the best answer he could have given "Go and see for yourself"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.