Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories (32771 Views)

Police Arrest Lagos, Ogun Bank Robberies’ Coordinator (pictured) / 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies In 2015 (with Photos) / My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by fluxbush(f): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2012
Mine happened way back wen i was in my second year in the university.One early sunday morning,I was ill and planned to skip church for dat day.My two sisters were getting ready for the church service.Suddenly,the outer door to my lodge was opened and a guy stepped in and asked my sister who was standing in d corridor,if all her sisters were at home.She assumed he was one of anybody's frnd and said yes.He walked ryt in with anoda guy and stepped into our room.He shoved my sister into d room,and pointed a small pistol at her.The other guy brought out a long scary looking rifle from his baggy jeans.We were still staring at dem,lyk idiots.The first guy,who seemed to be deir leader,told us to lie dwn and stop starin at dem.The second guy was busy searching the entire room and our bathroom.Wen he came to d place my eldest sis usually hides money,she surprisingly jumped up and blocked his path.He took the mirro and almost smashed her head in but d leader stopped him.Already,he had taken our fones and was quietly and politely 'begging' us to bring d money out.We kept denyin dat we had money and it pissed off d oda guy.Anoda guy walked in and started loosening his trousers for a gang rape.He called out to d odas outsyd to cum in.Their leader told dem to hold on.He walked to my eldest sis and asked her which sec skul she attended.She replied FGC Ikot ekpene.He told her dat he knew her and dat was wen she recognised him,as her immediate senior bk den.He turned to me and asked y I was writhing.I said I was ill.Can u imagine he took out his wallet and dropped sum money for my drugs?He den told all his guys to leave and locked us insyd.Though he took d fones,we were hapi we werent gang raped cuz evryone in d lodge had travelled for the wkend.I will never forget dat day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Pakavy(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
5yrs ago at abu samaru campus,was going off k towards north gate afta a class when suddenly there were gun shots in front of north gate and within uba bank.som bank robbers had taken ova d bank in a raid.com c how dem dey fire ammunition.i dash down sharpaly.nothing suprised me than d sight of a woman holding 2 ak47 and firing 4rm d sunroof of a v boot.d manager of daula restaurant then,an elderly cop at d bank and 2 students lost their lyfs som 4rm stray bullets.afta d robbery they took off towards shikk where a cop house was located.no policeman made any attempt 2 stop d gateaway cars.infact na afta lyk 15mins afta d robbery dem show

3 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by stevSKY(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
i remember my expirence wen i was abt 10yrs old...... my dad jst won da a seat at da fed. house of rep. news speculated dat dey wer given huge sums to buy official cars for dem selfs....... 3 hefty men wit guns came home lookin for my old man...luckly he was stil in abj....dey flogd our gate man n forced him to unlock da door into da main house wic he did..... dey had guns, cutlas n ax.... men wen i saw dem i peed on me....
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2012
All my life, i had never experienced an encounter with robbers, until June 2010. That was the first time, but it wasn't as painful as the incident of 3 weeks ago. . . This is my story, firsthand, not hearsay.

A close friend of mine scheduled her wedding for the 26th of May 2012, i gave her my word that I'll be there, and since i hate going back on my word or promises, i was determined to be there, come what may.

I planned leaving on Friday morning, but something came up, and i headed to the office. Concluded my activities and decided to travel at night to abuja, just to keep my promise. I left the island at 2 and headed to the ABC park at jibowu, yaba. Got there paid my fare, 6200 naira only, and ofcourse, opened my laptop and logged into NL. The bus was to depart by 4 pm and i had a little time to kill.
I went to the thread, "Interested in Moderating this section" where i had earlier signified interest to Moderate the Romance section, i dropped a few comments, and logged out. For those who may want to confirm, the bus code was "125". . . Bus 125 to abuja, on the 25th of may 2012. We were not allowed luggage in the cabin, so i deposited my laptop and my backpack to be loaded into the luggage compartment of the luxury bus. . . Then i submitted for searching. After the search, i boarded. My seat number was originally 28, but a lady and her aged mother came on board, her seat number was 29, while her mother's was 31. Seat 31 happened to be on the other side, the right hand side. Therefore, i considered how the lady would be separated from her aged mom, who may need help during the course of the journey, and i decided to swap seats with her.

She was very grateful.

To be continued. Still fresh on my mind, and this is the first time I'm extensively narrating this since it happened.
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
Jakumo: Assuming this story is not fictitious, throwing hand-grenades in a residential area is an extremely dangerous and reckless course of action, but hey, when under attack and in fear of imminent death, all means of battle are fair to use in the heat of the moment.

On the subject of the initial shots that failed to drop any of the attackers, there is NO SUCH THING as "bullet-proof magic", and you can take that to the muffuggin bank. Unless there was bright moonlight on the night in question, and ruling out the very unlikely possibility that the soldier was firing a rifle equipped with a night-vision infra-red scope, it would be virtually impossible to place accurate shots in the pitch dark, even when aiming at muzzle flashes, since the shooters, if trained to any degree, are unlikely to remain stationary after each burst they fire.

So to summarize this story by removing all suggestions of magic and hocus-pocus, a resident took several wild shots at home-invasion robbery gang members in a dark street, and on missing them all due to poor visibility, lobbed a few hand-grenades, which did the job and killed the attackers.

Free your mind from the bondage of stone-age superstition, and MAYBE, you will live a longer and more productive life.
ur a fool to say dis thing. Come to d naija delta and say dis.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
double j1:

when last you visit your village
d mumu no get village,when im don dey abroad dey dodge police im no go knw wetin dey happen here na
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by BUSHMAN1: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when i was living with my uncle in peckam one evening as i went out side the front garden with a big black bag full of rubbish i was going to throw in the bin outside,a young looking guy came up to me with some thing that looked like a ten inch screwdriver and threatned to stab me,unless i handed over the bag, i quikly handed him the bag,later i heard rumours that it was a mistaking identity apparently he thought it was a bag full of ganja not knowing it was a bag full of dog shit and rotten fish and all kinda house hold rubbish

1 Like

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by jude33084(m): 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
Jakumo: Assuming this story is not fictitious, throwing hand-grenades in a residential area is an extremely dangerous and reckless course of action, but hey, when under attack and in fear of imminent death, all means of battle are fair to use in the heat of the moment.

On the subject of the initial shots that failed to drop any of the attackers, there is NO SUCH THING
as "bullet-proof magic", and you can take that to the muffuggin bank. Unless there was bright moonlight on the night in question, and ruling out the very unlikely possibility that the soldier was firing a rifle equipped with a night-vision infra-red scope, it would be virtually impossible to place accurate shots in the pitch dark, even when aiming at muzzle flashes, since the shooters, if trained to any degree, are unlikely to remain stationary after each burst they fire.

So to summarize this story by removing all suggestions of magic and hocus-pocus, a resident took several wild shots at home-invasion robbery gang members in a dark street, and on missing them all due to poor visibility, lobbed a few hand-grenades, which did the job and killed the attackers.

Free your mind from the bondage of stone-age superstition, and MAYBE, you will live a longer and more productive life.

I don't like guys that are not real! angry
Imagine a Nigerian say such trash! angry
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by swiftycool(m): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
Vikin:

I have heard this as a popular joke(Uche ogbuaju or something) in esatern part of Nigeria, you just narrated it as if it happened to you? I wonder what people will gain from telling lies undecided undecided.

I just give up
Am sorry to say this, your Uche ogbo-whatever must have been a thief, probably one of those guys who listen up on other peoples gists and jokes to form what they use for comedy. This thing happened to us live and even the little boy and girl of then who are now undergraduates of uni in Naija are regular visitors on Nairaland. So, please ask ur uche where he got the original story from. I wonder what I gain by claimin to be a part of the story unlike others.

5 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by jude33084(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
sexkillz: All my life, i had never experienced an encounter with robbers, until June 2010. That was the first time, but it wasn't as painful as the incident of 3 weeks ago. . . This is my story, firsthand, not hearsay.

A close friend of mine scheduled her wedding for the 26th of May 2012, i gave her my word that I'll be there, and since i hate going back on my word or promises, i was determined to be there, come what may.

I planned leaving on Friday morning, but something came up, and i headed to the office. Concluded my activities and decided to travel at night to abuja, just to keep my promise. I left the island at 2 and headed to the ABC park at jibowu, yaba. Got there paid my fare, 6200 naira only, and ofcourse, opened my laptop and logged into NL. The bus was to depart by 4 pm and i had a little time to kill.
I went to the thread, "Interested in Moderating this section" where i had earlier signified interest to Moderate the Romance section, i dropped a few comments, and logged out. For those who may want to confirm, the bus code was "125". . . Bus 125 to abuja, on the 25th of may 2012. We were not allowed luggage in the cabin, so i deposited my laptop and my backpack to be loaded into the luggage compartment of the luxury bus. . . Then i submitted for searching. After the search, i boarded. My seat number was originally 28, but a lady and her aged mother came on board, her seat number was 29, while her mother's was 31. Seat 31 happened to be on the other side, the right hand side. Therefore, i considered how the lady would be separated from her aged mom, who may need help during the course of the journey, and i decided to swap seats with her.

She was very grateful.

To be continued. Still fresh on my mind, and this is the first time I'm extensively narrating this since it happened.

angry Na wetin come happen na? Mumu angry

4 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
The bus eventually moved. The evening of Friday the 25th was a rainy one, so it contributed to traffic building up faster. We got to ibadan around 9 pm where we were joined by other abuja bound passengers, about 5 or 6 of them. I was listening to music on my phone, and i was alternating between sleep and being awake. We spent almost 25 minutes in ibadan before continuing the journey. The journey was smooth and there were vigilantes along the way and i noticed the bus always pulled to a stop whenever it got to their point. I was sitting at the window seat, and beside a really huge guy. He had pulled his seat backward and was really dozing. At around 1 am, the driver slammed hard on the brakes, and almost immediately, the door which was situated at the right hand side of the bus, directly in front of me, swung open. . .

1 Like

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by swiftycool(m): 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
BUSH MAN: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when i was living with my uncle in peckam one evening as i went out side the front garden with a big black bag full of rubbish i was going to throw in the bin outside,a young looking guy came up to me with some thing that looked like a ten inch screwdriver and threatned to stab me,unless i handed over the bag, i quikly handed him the bag,later i heard rumours that it was a mistaking identity apparently he thought it was a bag full of ganja not knowing it was a bag full of dog shit and rotten fish and all kinda house hold rubbish

Hahahahahahaha!! Oh my! I can't stop laughing
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2012
jude33084:

Relax na. . . Na phone i dey use type, and i just dey remember things wen i don dey try forget. . . smiley
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by valencia25(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
jude33084:

I tire oo, d guy wan Sell Part 2.... Finally he dan release am
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2012
this happened on the 10th Sept 2010

I was relocating to a new appartment in a new toyota sienna 2009 model.
I foolishly loaded the vehicle with all my important stuff, everything thts important.
Laptop, 100% of my school transcript, international passport, my external hard drive with numerous projects backed up on it, 5 blackberry phones & 2 other high tech phones, clothes, shoes, just think of it, it was in the car.

2 guys ordered me to lie flat each with his gun, give me ur car key and ur fones, of they zoomed with the vehicle and everything in it.
I am glad the did not take my life with them. That's the most valuable thing they left for me. and i thank them for this.

I remember the IPO asking me to give him money so he can enter the report in their books.
a man who has just lost things worth N7 Million naira, he later asked if my ATM was also in the car.
I gave up the search when i got tired of feeding the police and pastors daily.

I got my rents back and re-relocated

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by kreamstaff: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
@webdezzi, wow hope you have recovered now o, 7mill is no little change men, Sexkillz oya now! I dey always gbadun your gists please complete the story
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2012
Initially, i thought it was routine check. The door was open for almost 40 seconds before a man speaking with an hausa accent barged in with a very sharp cutlass, screaming at the top of his voice: EVERYBODY COME DOWN, EVERYBODY COME DOWN". He turned to me, "give me money, give me anything" i surrendered my phone. My second phone was on my lap when he barged in, and fell off when i stood up. By then, there was pandemonium in a bus of about 50 passengers. . .
I made to run towards the front, but the robber dragged me back, and stretched his hand. I put my hands into my pockets and emptied the money in them into his hands, and he ordered me to go down. . . I hurriedly obeyed. I was in shock, but i wasn't in panic. . .
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by keneslow: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2012
swiftycool: This happened some years ago in the south south of Naija, when robberies were very rampant and robbers so daring. The Dad of a friend of mine who was a senior military officer in charge of gunnery and ammunition which were often supplied to the base under his supervision. This man sometimes secretly stored ammo in their house which was outside the base while their quaters was being renovated and no one knew of it till one day.

Armed robbers had warned the area that they were comin to rob and everyone was scared. My friend's dad just stayed up drinking beer and watching TV all night till they arrived and were sighted by him from the balcony. They had started robbing the neighbours and were about 8 in number, 4 stood guard outside and 4 went in.

The officer took his gun and aimed at each robber standing guard, shooting point blank at each of them in quick succession being an excellent marks man, but to his surprise the bullet just bounced off while the guys turned in his direction and laughed, they had on some bullet resisting jazz on them! They called the rest of their gang to come out and head for where the shots were fired from.

The group assembled, eight in number and walked towards the compound which had no gate shouting that they were going to kill my friends father and all his family. By now everyone in the house was scared shitless, crying, begging God and blaming the dad.

To their suprise being the soldier he was, he wasn't shaken, he just ran into his room and came out with something in each of his hands, walked to the balcony, bent down and threw what was in his right hand at the robbers, followed swiftly by his left.

All of a sudden two successive deafening explosions were heard and the bodies of the assembled robbers flung in all directions; the man had used greenades! The only two robbers that survived were maimed 4 life, one lost both legs and the other was burnt badly and lost sight and hearing.

My friend's dad was courtmarshalled by his force in the morning. And jailled for a month but reinstated after 7months afte accquited by military court. Robberies in that area ceased for a very long time after that. Till today he's called BaBa Rambo! Lol

The same way wey Seun dey post programming challenge, my own today na Jazz challenge grin.

Our 'company' is looking to test this African "bullet proof" jazz. We visit Nigeria
about three times a year. The rules are simple: you wear your bullet proof jazz and
we get to pepper you with shots from handguns and rifles of our choice; no explosives.

After 5 minutes we will cease all fire and if you are still alive you get a grand
sum of N25 million and also a life-time contract working with our 'company' to fully
develop "jazz bullet proof". You will be payed N50 million per year.

You must sign our release form; one of the clauses is if you die from this experiment,
we the 'company' bear zero liability. grin grin grin

Oya I dey wait, and make una no tell me say na your friend papa grandfather sabi do am or
u no fit reveal the secret. Carry come

6 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by vickydave(f): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
swiftycool: Come o, u guys cannot be reading my own experiences and not contribute o! Which ones na? If no more contributions I may stop posting chikena! angry sad angry
how many life robbery xperience u get? make it real jor!
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2012
2005, my young brother decided am the only person he could trust to accompany him to check his WAEC result, and even gave me conditions .he kept our transport fare in his back pocket inside his wallet ofcourse. When we entered the bus,he sat infront and i sat behind him. The bus was filled up in no time and we started moving, after sometime the conductor requested for the fare,my bro paid for us and keep back his wallet. I was looking out the window watching the beautiful scenery when out the corner of my eye i saw something that flash like lightning in the general direction of my bros pocket. I didn't waste time i just dash my hand straight ,caught the lightning and it turn out to be a human hand, i held it and searched for the owner looked the guy full in the face and said'' not so fast bro that ain't your pocket'' in a low tone luckily for him nobody noticed. I was really embarrassed for such a well dressed guy. Told my brother later and just concluded that the guy might be a kleptomaniac

5 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2012
As i got down, a part of my mind said to flee, but right there in front of me was another robber, he subjected me to another round of searching, and then directed me to lie face down on the ground. Did i say ground? It was actually a bush and moderately wet ground, but i did not care, all i wanted was for this ordeal to be over.
At that time, i took succour in the fact that my bag was kinda safe in the luggage compartment. I still had my laptop, my wallet, money etc, so i could easily get a new phone in abuja the next day. . . So i thought.
As i was on the ground, other passengers were alighting and thoroughly searched as well. The ladies were made to pull down their panties, while they beamed their searchlights on them. . . It was then i realized that there were 15 of them. . .
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
I remember when once a burglar tried to remove our front widow of our house to gain entry. The sound woke my dad up and he had this very large recoiless hammer that he always kept under his bed. He sneAked downstairs and opened the door and almost smashed the robber's face in with the hammer. The robber ran and my dad gave him a hot pursuit. After that incidence, we named my dad 'Thor god of thunder' cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
sexkillz: As i got down, a part of my mind said to flee, but right there in front of me was another robber, he subjected me to another round of searching, and then directed me to lie face down on the ground. Did i say ground? It was actually a bush and moderately wet ground, but i did not care, all i wanted was for this ordeal to be over.
At that time, i took succour in the fact that my bag was kinda safe in the luggage compartment. I still had my laptop, my wallet, money etc, so i could easily get a new phone in abuja the next day. . . So i thought.
As i was on the ground, other passengers were alighting and thoroughly searched as well. The ladies were made to pull down their panties, while they beamed their searchlights on them. . . It was then i realized that there were 15 of them. . .

Sexkillz you better stop keeping us In suspense by telling half and half story. Tell the whole gaddem story jor. Me raye shitz mehn.v
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by dubem3(m): 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
Jakumo:
I am so sorry to have offended you sir. I did not realize that a certified holder of Bullet-Proof Traditional African Juju-Motive MEANS would read my words, and I thank you for correcting me here today.

Now then let us cut to the chase. Have you ever really TESTED your magical bullet-proof African traditional MEANS ? If so did you have say, a duck or chicken wear the talisman in preparation for being shot at, or did you wear that Juju-Suit yourself ? If it is not asking too much, can you post some pictures of those deer skulls and chit, to educate the manufacturers of Kevlar, that white-man's traditional bullet-proof MEANS.

Enquiring minds want to know.

i can understand your not believing the existence of these herbally made bullet proofs.
By virtue of the environment where i was brought up, i'll just tell u simply that they exist Thats if it means anything.
I remember this story my then secondary school maths teacher (an hausa brother) told us about this chicken that always went to the drain of a certain local bathroom where peeps to be made cut proof took their bath with the herbal concortion to drink water. How on the day the owner wanted to kill it, the knife could not cut through the skin and how they had to sell it and how he wondered who bought it and what became of the chicken.
Those things are real, i've seen them work.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by eledalo: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2012
Imagine people laughing about being robbed!
Suffering and smiling! Idiats!! Fu(-)ck you and your reply to my post!
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by crackhouse(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
swiftycool: Hi Nairalanders, having lived in or presently living in Nigeria or any other crime prone country, I know many of us have had personal experiences or heard other peoples experiences of armed robbers, cultists, rapists, kidnappers, assasins and the likes.

Inasmuch as these happenstances are generally not the type many of us are happy to discuss, however there are some of us who have gotten over the experience while some are just daring enough to share. Anyway, there are some of these experiences that are quite funny, some are dare-devilish in nature while some are just outrightly crazy.

If u are up to it, here's the thread where u share!
it begins with you.
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
Mine was way back 2005, i closed frm work n i went to see a bf of mine. I stayed up late @ his house, i left around 11pm n dey offered to see me off abt 4 of dem my bf n brodas but i rejected the offer. On my way home dat nyt jux few blocks b4 my house, i saw 2 guys walkin up towards me, one of dem stopped n tld me dat he has a problem n dat its a disease dat he is sufferin frm, i got scared n i tot d guy might rape me n pass on d disease to me. So i tld him to go to d hospital, wen i got to my gate, dz same guy brought out a gun(an awka made) n pointed it @ me n asked for my fone n money, i handed dem over to him n dey left me witout hurtn me. Den i knocked at d gate n d gateman opened d gate for me, i went in n thanked God for sparing my life. Since den i became careful. Meanwhile i made my bf replaced d fone cos if i had nt been to his house dat nyt it wouldnt hav happened
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by crackhouse(m): 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
swiftycool: A friend of mine narrated his co-tenants' story which was so funny.

Robbers came to their house which was a tenament building with many occupants and forced all everyone out of their rooms into the landlords palour. They were then asked if they had money or not. The Landlord pleaded that he didn't have any money on him as all tenants had been owing house rents for sometime now, he was separated to one line while those with money were told to bring it and join another line.

Right there one of the tenants went to bring some money in a bag and dropped it with the Landlord saying it was his rent for the next two years. Ol boy see as landlord reject am say he never due for him to collect rent. Before u know there was an argument before d robbers btw landlord and tennant. Then the robbers decided to make an example by shooting one of the tenants in the "have not" line on the foot to enable the landlord make up his mind. Quickly the landlord accepted he wanted d money but asked 4 just six months.

The robbers finally settled the case by asking d landlord to accept one and a half years as was his usual custom and to prepare a reciept duly signed by both parties warning that the tenant must not be evicted otherwise the landlord will be dealt with if they discover. They were both asked to join the queue of people with money while others secretly started borrowing money to enable them join the safe line. No one else was wounded and d robbers carted away all the money.

It was a traumatic experience then, but its quite laughable now, the landlord never demanded excessive months of rent after that and started using an agent 4 his dealings. Lol

the OP said true life experience and not some kind of movie or joke.
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
Am a bit shocked at the number of people that believed OP's first story.
A number of the 'experiences' on this thread are fabricated I don't even know which one to believe.
Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by swiftycool(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2012
This one happened also in one of the states in the south south where I worked 4 a bit.
In those days when gsm was still fresh in Naija and so many thieves were stealing phones, a certain youngman - let's call him joe's phone was stolen and he tried to call the number to see if a good samaritan could have found it for him.

Strangely the phone was answered but by a stupid sounding guy with a thick local accent in broken english. Joe pleaded with him to return the phone 4 a reward and after a long discussion, the guy asked joe to come meet him at the town park which was about 30km from where he was.

On getting there after spending money on Tp and making the long uncomfortable journey, Joe called the number and the guy picked up but this time started laughing and said; Ol boi, u mumu well well sha, so u believe say I go gif u dis fone? I no dey park o, I just wan stress u! Joe was mad but calmed down and pleaded with him to even take the phone but leave the Sim so he could retrieve important contact's numbers and other vital infos. After several calls pleading and begging, the guy asked him to go to another distant location the next morning and ask a lady selling akara for the sim.

Early the next day Joe set out to d location and actually saw an akara seller whom he asked but she claimed she knew nothing of the sort. Joe then tried the number and it rang, this time the theif told him to sit down near the akara seller's location till he came. This he did for the next 4 hrs, making calls over and again until when the theif started laughing at him over the phone calling him mumu and telling him to better buy akara for dinner because he might likely sleep there. At that point Joe just realised this guy was not planning to release the phone and just went home sad.

5 Likes

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by crackhouse(m): 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
swiftycool: Travelling by night luxirious busses used to be fun in Naija till robbers took over the highways.

I heard of an incident where a luxurious bus was way layed on its way on a journey, and d fierce looking armed robbers hijacked the bus and drove it far away into a lonely forrest and asked every occupant at gun point to strip and come out of the bus hands up and legs spread apart leaving all their clothes, valuables, phones in the vehicle.

All the now N@ked passangers both male and female were forced out of the bus and made to lie down face up on the ground in the bush, after they all came down the robbers entered the vehicle and zoomed off!

These folks were there for hours in the bushes hiding due to their n@kedness until some of them summoned courage to go get help from a nearby village, where they were able to get wrappers from ladies washing at the stream to cover their bodies.
A report was made to the nearest police station later and after 3days or so the bus was recovered but all valuables and designer clothes were missing.

I wonder how the victims would have felt lol!
really? They went to get some wrapper from the ladies washing at the stream? That night? Washing cloth at the stream in the night? Oh! Come on, ur story is far from reality. Unless u wanna tell me those ladies are mermaids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Real Life robberies /Crime Stories by swiftycool(m): 9:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
Few days later after narating the experience to his friends, they hacked a plan to set up the thief. One of the guy's called the theif and pretending to think he was talking to Joe told him he had sent 50k for the house rent and other things through a driver from abuja going to Usa park in d town.he was told to call d driver on a specific number so he could be identified becos the driver had also been given his own number.

The theif took the bait and planned to go collect the money supposedly meant for Joe by impersonating him through his possesion of the phone. He arrived with a friend to the park at the stated time not knowing that joe and his friends were there waiting 4 him pretending to be passangers. As he made the call, Joe's friend's phone rang and he went to meet him pretending to be the driver. He got close to the theif and held him while the other guys rushed to meet them.

The thief's friend noticed the happenings and ran away abandoning his okada, while the caught thief was given the beating of his life that day. I as a passer by came accross this scene and pleaded with the guys I saw beating a defenseless guy to stop but when they narrated the whole story involved I was so pissed and didn't know when I joined them beating the guy and so did many other passers by.
The guy was beaten so much, stripped naked and then allowed to go. The okada was handed over to the police with a report that it belonged to a thief. Am sure that guy would think twice before stealing again. Lol!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Bag One Year Jail Term, Forfeit N20m / Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) / Girl Gives Birth At A Market In Delta, Abandons Her To Die. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.