Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,341 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

June 12 And It's Relevance To Our National Polity By Ranti Fawehinmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 And It's Relevance To Our National Polity By Ranti Fawehinmi (493 Views)

El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine / Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Sultan Group Tells Bishop Oyedepo And Ex-Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

June 12 And It's Relevance To Our National Polity By Ranti Fawehinmi by VORA: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2012
JUNE 12 & OUR POLITY

Soon the account of June 12 1993 shall fade out and upcoming generations shall rely on historical books like The Legends of Nigeria which I painstakingly compiled for historical documentation to know the significance o f the date in our national polity.

Nigeria, I am happy, is gradually attaining maturity as a democratic nation, the question remains on the lips of many patriotic citizens of what rewards were there in to compensate the struggles, labours and efforts of our past heroes. I take time out today the 19th anniversary of one remarkable election that held in Nigeria that permeated our ethnic and religious divides, the result of which was annulled by the transitional military government.

The events that followed thereafter are recalled with painful memories, shall we talk of the death of the acclaimed winner of june 12 presidential elections, Bashorun MKO Abiola who later died in the prison in the quest and fight for his mandate, shall we remember the killing of his wife Kudirat Abiola who was gruesomely murdered in her challenge of the arrest and incarceration of her husband, shall we talk of the killing of pa Alfred Rewane, or of the many arrests and detentions of Chief Gani Fawhinmi who fought vehemently for a true democratic government. These HEROES are gone but today some or many are enjoying dividends of democracy with reckless abandon.

I must urge those who are in power to remember where we came from, they must know that countless number of our people prayed, fought and sacrificed for the gains of today, that suggest that we must at all times lead and govern with the right focus, we must strive to carry on the yearnings of our people to profer an appropriate solution as much as it lies within our powers. This is a call for good and better representation.

In remembering june 12, I call on the southwest states to know that we are more concerned and most affected, we are at it again, the ruling party had zoned the seat of speaker of the lower chamber to southwest but party divide and acrimony had robbed us of what was ours.

In the United States of American, Martin Luther King jnr , the martyr of racial equality is remembered nationally on the third Monday of january every year, the only black to earn such recognition in the history of America, I know that President Goodluck Jonathan is a good listener , I suggest that june 12 should be recognized nationally to immortalize the Legends of our great Nation.

I salute other compatriots who are passionate about this country, I call on those in Diaspora to join in the rebuilding of our nation
Long Live our nation

Written by

Ranti Fawehinmi , he was a senatorial candidate in the last elections

(1) (Reply)

Baba And The Four Hundred Thieves / $3 Million Bribe: Lawan Did Not Act Alone In The Bribery Scam, - Police / Rivers ANPP Chairman Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.