Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy (14586 Views)

El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine / Open Letter To Mr. President-elect, Buhari - By Charly Boy / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Sultan Group Tells Bishop Oyedepo And Ex-Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by shedrack222: 11:06pm On May 08, 2015

Article written by Charly Boy. Read below and share your thoughts

Really been thinking about this zoning thing since this APC drama on it and wondering why we have allowed this to eat so deep into our system that at every quarter, it always raises its head. To think that the Change agents everyone has been clamoring about are back to the same issue of zoning formulas and reports have it that it is fast wreaking havoc is a high. It makes me wonder why zone in the first place?

The 360 states in the house of assembly, is it not enough representation for any quarter of the nation. Why do we need to complicate issues further because one would have thought the primary concern when it comes to appointment should be competence? We have tried this zoning thing over and again but what better has it done us because I hear someone say it helps to foster unity and participation.

I think the divides are more obvious now with this whole zoning thingy than it was with our founding fathers. I’m probably going to rest this argument by drawing this analogy; Take a look at our team called Super Eagles! Has anybody ever asked that positions in our football team be distributed across zones, or that the position of the captain, or coach for that matter, be rotated between North and South, etc? That I think is clearly because everyone is more interested in the team winning. I ask myself why do we want this win so badly? What is the price at stake? A piece of metal called trophy I suppose.

How about the Struggle to alleviate poverty staring at our face? How about the fight to educate millions of Almajiri? How about the fight to eradicate polio and reduce maternal mortality to negligible numbers? How about the fight to increase power generation seven fold by 2020? We have so much more at stake in these fights that the Super Eagle will ever have yet we let something as flippant as zoning take the Centre stage over competence. So, how is it we can demand that the coach pick out best 23 for the World Cup, and yet tolerate less in our Government? I hope posterity does not judge us for our lack of objectivity and sentiments instead.

Source--[url]proudlyweb.com/zoning-formulas-our-polity-by-charly-boy[/url]

Cc::: lalasticlala

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by iykofias(m): 11:14pm On May 08, 2015
Mumu boy

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Henrypraise41(m): 11:18pm On May 08, 2015
True talk bro, this is quiet different from those ur previous ones. Allow them to kill their selves over money in the name of zoning which havnt yielded a beta result

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Henrypraise41(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2015
Henrypraise41:
True talk bro, this is quiet different from those ur previous ones, Allow them to kill their selves over money in the name of zoning which havnt yielded a beta result
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by holicalpha(m): 11:27pm On May 08, 2015
When I saw the topic I rushed here, tho' I was doing something but I left what i was doing, and I read the article not actually bad coming from The Area pale.

Well we know these change agents, all we can hope for,is a good perhaps better reign since na all of us get this country.....all I just want to say is...

BABAONECHANCE! Now sorry for wasting the space.

- Valar Morghulis.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by prelinctus: 11:28pm On May 08, 2015
Chill
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by prelinctus: 11:30pm On May 08, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy
See how you are insulting someone that is old enough to be your father. Smh

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by SleekyP(m): 11:31pm On May 08, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy
grin grin
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Raiders: 11:31pm On May 08, 2015
APC need to stop this zoning politics.. They should learn from pdp mistakes. The best people should be selected irrespective of their geopolitical zone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by naijainfogalery: 11:32pm On May 08, 2015
Of all the sensible people on earth and you expect me to read or believe what baba weyrey is saying ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by prelinctus: 11:32pm On May 08, 2015
Henrypraise41:
True talk bro, this is quiet different from those ur previous. All down to kill their selves over money in the name of zoning which havnt yielded a beta result
Oga, correct these mistakes quickly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by tociano009(m): 11:32pm On May 08, 2015
cheesy
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by fritiyo: 11:33pm On May 08, 2015
Can anything good come out of this nigger.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Mrval20(m): 11:33pm On May 08, 2015
This is 21st century, we should be civilised and emulate other countries.... Who the cap fits should wear it!
But wat...this would've been possible only if 'One Nigeria' isn't a mere illusion.
Every region is looking for an opportunity to chant "marginalisation!" That's just the way it is and I see no change coming in that aspect; we just have to deal with it.

#GodblessNigeria

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by sammieguze(m): 11:33pm On May 08, 2015
now someone is talking sense.

the zoning whala is all scam..

let the best candidate do the job

2 Likes

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 08, 2015
He actually looks like a security man

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by mikeczay: 11:34pm On May 08, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy
SEE AS SPERM WASTE

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Rosemary216(f): 11:35pm On May 08, 2015
shocked
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by adonbilivit: 11:35pm On May 08, 2015
we really need to put a stop to zoning I swear though it may lead to verbal war among Nigerian but with time everything would be fine.

in another news, my girl just told me she self services! thinking of dumping her. she can't stay without me for a week
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by kindnyce(m): 11:35pm On May 08, 2015
AREA FATHER WETIN U SMOKE AGAIN NA?
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by hansad: 11:36pm On May 08, 2015
In Nigeria, the main industry is now politics. Groups form alliances to position for advantage to have greater stake in control of revenues from crude oil.
That's what the talk about zoning boils down to.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Maczeelly(m): 11:38pm On May 08, 2015
Oga ooo
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Kelvin3028(m): 11:39pm On May 08, 2015
Shekarau talking about 'Equality btw men and women, Obasanjo selling beauty powder...
Orubebe preaching politeness,
ChARLY BOY TALKING POLITICS...FROM HIS CASKET BED... I laff...

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by chigoizie7(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2015
shedrack222:

Really been thinking about this zoning thing since this APC drama on it and wondering why we have allowed this to eat so deep into our system that at every quarter, it always raises its head. To think that the Change agents everyone has been clamoring about are back to the same issue of zoning formulas and reports have it that it is fast wreaking havoc is a high. It makes me wonder why zone in the first place?

The 360 states in the house of assembly, is it not enough representation for any quarter of the nation. Why do we need to complicate issues further because one would have thought the primary concern when it comes to appointment should be competence? We have tried this zoning thing over and again but what better has it done us because I hear someone say it helps to foster unity and participation.

I think the divides are more obvious now with this whole zoning thingy than it was with our founding fathers. I’m probably going to rest this argument by drawing this analogy; Take a look at our team called Super Eagles! Has anybody ever asked that positions in our football team be distributed across zones, or that the position of the captain, or coach for that matter, be rotated between North and South, etc? That I think is clearly because everyone is more interested in the team winning. I ask myself why do we want this win so badly? What is the price at stake? A piece of metal called trophy I suppose.

How about the Struggle to alleviate poverty staring at our face? How about the fight to educate millions of Almajiri? How about the fight to eradicate polio and reduce maternal mortality to negligible numbers? How about the fight to increase power generation seven fold by 2020? We have so much more at stake in these fights that the Super Eagle will ever have yet we let something as flippant as zoning take the Centre stage over competence. So, how is it we can demand that the coach pick out best 23 for the World Cup, and yet tolerate less in our Government? I hope posterity does not judge us for our lack of objectivity and sentiments instead.

U just spoke my mind charlie girl(boy)

I don't just know. But make I no add my own, otherwise ino go sleep tonight, cos most of these mofos that are always high on their urine will want to engage me in an argument

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by linkin8k(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2015
What he said is true but tribalism won't let competence to rule over zoning.

3 Likes

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 08, 2015
shedrack222:

3 Likes

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 08, 2015
charly boy kwa!may be he wants to replace Rochas okorocha by 2019
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Firefire(m): 11:46pm On May 08, 2015
cheesy
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by ednut1(m): 11:50pm On May 08, 2015
true
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by SkyBlue1: 11:50pm On May 08, 2015
I fully concur. If Jonathan had a 100% Ijaw cabinet and performed fantastically well for all Nigerians, right thinking people wouldn't have cared. Heck if he gave Nigeria stable electricity his cabinet could have been made up of monkeys for all the people would care. The zoning of posts only affects the lives of a very very select few group of people from the "region" the positions are "zoned" to. We should start getting smarter and putting more emphasis on results and competence, not some false sense of "regional pride" attached to some man from your part of the country holding a ministerial role - competent or not. Surely we don't have such low self esteems that we tie our sense of self worth to such petty things, do we?

6 Likes

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by kings09(m): 11:51pm On May 08, 2015
Charly boy, its none of ur biz. Wen Pdp had it u ddnt complain so same silence shld be observed during Apc regime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Represents Buhari At Africa Day In Morocco / 2019: PDP Panel Grills Atiku, Saraki, Makarfi, Others Thursday / Anti-party Activities: APC Govs Back Amosun, Okorocha, Yari Against Oshiomhole,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.