Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509790 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR AGENT TO HIRE FOR THEIR VISA PROCESSING, HERE IS A WORD FROM THE Cultural Affairs Officer of U.S. in Abuja Mr Bill Strassberger,

“There is no need to pay anyone else for it; there is no need to think of what the right answers are.
“Do the work yourself and as long as you know what you want to do and why you want to do it, you are going to be just fine.’’

“ The real challenge for us is there is a lot of bad information out there and we take it as a responsibility at the United States Embassy to make sure that accurate information is available to those who desire to go to the United States as a or even as a visitor.’’

I must say that this thread have done a lot in providing very useful and accurate information.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
^^^ Inasmuch as it is possible to do it by one self, there is nothing wrong on getting a consultant do it as well, as long as you are sure the agent is credited by the Canadian govt . . .
Some people goes to school to be certified in looking for loopholes in making sure that visa is granted to the applicants . . . I am not saying it is guaranteed, but some cases need them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Please, I would like to make some inquiries.
I intend going for a PhD in the Fall of 2013 at UoGuelph as I am presently a Masters student outside the country. Do I have to come back to Nigeria to process the VISA and what is the shortest possible time to get the documents processed as I may be needing my passport to renew my visa should they want to delay me.
Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by znuga: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
@everyone..........can someone put me throug how to win scholarship to study abroad..am from lautech,come next year i'll be through. Please i need your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by netawuf: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
I was duped in 2008 when i wnted to travel to canada to complete my studies. And since then, i have not balanced financially. Pls is dia any genuine agent or advisor in nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
mercylicious: Congrats,ebu girl. What did u do wen u saw uve bn issued trv?
Sumone in dis house ate a bowl of garri on receivn his acceptance letter. Am still waiting to see wat he will do on receiving his trv.

LOL, yes i did..i ate a like 3 wraps of Garri... WHEN i get my TRV, i'm yet to figure out what i'm guna do.
Still gathering my docs, already sent an email to the admission team dat i wldnt be able to make the fall resumption cos of time
@ebugirl, CONGRATSSSS!!!!!
@earthgreeners, i'm heading to U of Sask., undergradutae...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
mercylicious: Congrats,ebu girl. What did u do wen u saw uve bn issued trv?
Sumone in dis house ate a bowl of garri on receivn his acceptance letter. Am still waiting to see wat he will do on receiving his trv.

@olaremy, wia u d one dt submitted additional documents? If no, at whoever did, hv they called u for medicals? Am thinking of submitting additional doc to know if it will prompt them to search for d applicatn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
netawuf: I was duped in 2008 when i wnted to travel to canada to complete my studies. And since then, i have not balanced financially. Pls is dia any genuine agent or advisor in nigeria?

if you really want to study in Canada,here is a gateway for you to get all the necessary assistance for your admission and study permit.This forum has part 1,2 and 3,so you need to go through them before you can through your question.This is because the question you may ask may have already been answered in those parts.Gudluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
GboyegaD: Please, I would like to make some inquiries.
I intend going for a PhD in the Fall of 2013 at UoGuelph as I am presently a Masters student outside the country. Do I have to come back to Nigeria to process the VISA and what is the shortest possible time to get the documents processed as I may be needing my passport to renew my visa should they want to delay me.
Regards,

If you have all the required Documents,applying from your country of residence will be more better for you and saves you time for visa processing.You can approach Nigerian Embassy in your country of residence to renew your passport,because coming to Nigeria to do that will cost you more.Since you are a student in that country definitely you have residence permit then you are qualified to apply from there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
@olaremy2k,its been 3mths plus now,called vfs,they keep saying its not ready yet.
E-mailed d embassy,& they replied with their automated answer,that it takes 4-6months.
Am really loosing patience,my class resumes 28 August,SIAST.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
Can I use the GTBANK Master card to make payment of application fee where Visa and master card are accepted, Do I need to do any activation before i use the card?........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
Can I use the GTBANK Naira Master card to make payment of application fee where Visa and master card are accepted, Do I need to do any activation before i use the card?........
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

ebugirl:

I also used it too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Bankwo7: @olaremy2k,its been 3mths plus now,called vfs,they keep saying its not ready yet.
E-mailed d embassy,& they replied with their automated answer,that it takes 4-6months.
Am really loosing patience,my class resumes 28 August,SIAST.
..samething with me.its 3months and 1 week now.my school resume Sept 5.dont know why the delay.who is ur sponsor.i think most people that use parent as sponsor get medical call earlier that those of us that use non parent.though,not in all cases.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by boxbonnie(m): 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Bankwo7: Hyper tracking ooooooooo!

Lol esay Oº°˚˚˚...just stay positive and be patient... Soon u will forget d days of waiting and "hyper trackin" if u think say ¶ dey lie ask ebugirl and co
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
justwise:

I have my fear though, i really hope that Nigerians and other foreign students will not start abusing the Canadian 'generous' system, you remember 6-8 yrs ago UK used to be a soft-touch for student visa, maintenance money not required, fee upfront not needed, you will be given 3yrs for visa extension and allowed to stay back and work after graduation, all that is gone now because of the abuse of the system.

U dont have to worry about anything. Canadian Government are already envisaging such occurences and are enacting strict immigration policies to check all sorts of abuse that might arise as a result of their generous and lofty immigration policies. So i strongly doubt if such saturation has found in the UK at this time would ever occur there.

Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world with a relatively low population size of about 34million people according to their 2011 census + the active workiing population is aging. So at this point in time they need immigrant hopefuls like temporary residents in the form of students and more PRs to come occupy that territory and make their economy prosper more and more. So any right thinking person that is looking for opportunities will work hard to secure his or her place in that country while the opportunity is still there.

Watch out for that country,its going places! Cheers !!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
Its not easy o,when people that submitt after u a been attained to.
I tire o!God abeg do am o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
boxbonnie:

Lol esay Oº°˚˚˚...just stay positive and be patient... Soon u will forget d days of waiting and "hyper trackin" if u think say ¶ dey lie ask ebugirl and co

Na true ohhhhhh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
Bankwo7: Its not easy o,when people that submitt after u a been attained to.
I tire o!God abeg do am o!

Plz dnt loose hope, god ȋ̊§ still on ur case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
Noswaa:

If you have all the required Documents,applying from your country of residence will be more better for you and saves you time for visa processing.You can approach Nigerian Embassy in your country of residence to renew your passport,because coming to Nigeria to do that will cost you more.Since you are a student in that country definitely you have residence permit then you are qualified to apply from there

Thanks a lot. I sure would continue with the admission processing then. Although, I do not want to put my mind into it much because I am also planning applying to top schools here in the US in my field so at the end of the day I will go with the school that has the topmost rating in terms of studies and placement. I sure would follow the thread because it could benefit my friends as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 11:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
@ olaremy2k @ all hopefuls,we can only hope for d best.
@ boxbonnie,tnx 4 ur totfulness.
@ ebugirl,I know sey u don dey prep for ya travel o,go girl!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 22, 2012
I just submitted an application to Memorial University for masters in public health and my application is yet to be confirmed though deadline is Mar 1 for fall 2013 start.

earthgreeners: Anyone in the house going for MEMORIAL, MANITOBA or SASKATCHEWAN..Fall 2013..
Letz start planning and running things 2geda.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 22, 2012
@all ,please is there anyone applying to Memorial for MPH as well?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 5:38am On Jun 22, 2012
@all who av obtaind there trv,pls how much do u guys pay@ d vfs global when u submit ur docs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by danieloke(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2012
Pls cn u hlp me ow 2 gt 2 ma dream country nd whr cn i gt a ryt agent dat cn hlp me wit ma travellin document 2 canada...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2012
thank GOD i'm on 3!,@all,i sent the photocopies of my credentials to the registrar and i hope i'm on the right path?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:41am On Jun 22, 2012
Haahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................. Like the biblical job.
All the days of my life, i will wait until my changes comes....................patiently waiting.
Almost five months, your application is being processed at the embassy. Okay!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
@code brain, hv u considered going to embassy urself as sumone advised in d thread? I feel they dumped those applicatns sumwia cos most of d ppl affected r those dt applied feb and march. Am considering sending them an additional doc- my promotion letter and new pay package, fees brochure etc. Dt will make them search for d applicatn wia they dropped it. Am nt so in a hurry cos I have 2 remaining start date- sept and Jan. I pray they don't ask for recent statement of account cos I've moved d money frm d acnt,though I still hv sizeable sum as fixed deposit.

I need ur advise on this, d acceptance letter I submitted is a colour print out of d copy the school scanned to me. I now hv d one sent via courier n d fees form. Do u advise I still send d orig? Note I submitd d scanned copy as original. Plz don't blame me cos I already submitted before I saw d thread. I went wit d advise of my friend already in canada- same sch.he said it was d same thing he used.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockafela(m): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Mercy dont worry about the scanned pdf copy of ur acceptance letter u have sent...a friend's brother who traveled just last week applied with d scanned copy long before his orignal was sent shortly after his medicals...so it doesnt matter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Henrychris(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
@justwise thanks for all the update on travelling issues I appreciate and have learnt a lot of new things God's guidance and more grace to your elbow bro.I have a question for u bro,pls wats d requirement for a permanent resident visa to canada and pls educate me more on medicals for a canadian visa.Thanks bro and God bless will be expecting your reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ushafe(m): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
So interesting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
Henrychris: @justwise thanks for all the update on travelling issues I appreciate and have learnt a lot of new things God's guidance and more grace to your elbow bro.I have a question for u bro,pls wats d requirement for a permanent resident visa to canada and pls educate me more on medicals for a canadian visa.Thanks bro and God bless will be expecting your reply

There are many ways u can immigrate to canada tru PRV. They are as follows 1. Thru federal skilled workers program . 2. Thru provincial nominee program . 3. Thru investor program . 4. Thru doctoral studentship or phd program. 5. Thru studentship that give u a TRV which leads u to get a PRV.

Medical examination is normally done when the embassy as cleared ur visa file based on some requirements based on the type of visa program u applied with and u are to be assessed on ur medical admissibilty b4 u enta canada. An instruction is sent to u by the embassy to go for medical examination,which all immigrants and certain visitors must pass and the medical report is valid for 1year.

You can get more info in this webSite www.cic.gc.ca

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.