Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,967 members, 7,845,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide (10736 Views)

Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Patience Jonathan Won’t Appear Before ICC – PDP / Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by mufc009(m): 6:13am On Jun 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: If Gej decides to contest in 2015, I will give him my vote. No sentiments. The president has done in one year what some of his predecessors could not achieve in their whole tenure. If not for any other thing, construction work has begun on the Lagos-Ore-Benin road. Onitsha-owerri has been completed. Afikpo- Okigwe has been awarded.A friend of mine told me that He passed thru Zaria-Gusau-Funtua and then keffi-Akwanga-lafia that construction work is ongoiing by stalini & co. At the same time, all the major airports in Nigeria are being renovated. Even Enugu airport was completely shut down and is under serious rehabilitation. In less than 1yr, Gej set up 9 universities across the country. He equally established 2 additional campuses of Nigerian law school. He has built and commissioned the Almajiri school system. He has also increased funding of Nigerian universities and upgraded the retirement age of university lecturers to 70yrs. In transportation, GEJ has succeeded in reforming the ports. Lagos ports are now billed to operate 24 hours. The number of law enforcement agencies @ d ports have also been reduced from about 15 to 6. It's now easier and faster to clear goods at the wharf. The light rail projects are under construction. The Abuja light rail construction appears to be nearing completion and a drive through central area to Garki will clear any doubts. The Govt has initiated its cassava bread campaign which is intended to encourage local production and consumption of cassava bread so as to discourage importation of wheat as it kills our economy. The govt has also eliminated the cartel that feeds fat on distributing fertilizer for farmers. Fertilizers can now easily be accessed by farmers in the open market. Within a year, Gej has completed the construction of the Mambilla and Zungeru power stations and it's expected to add about 2000 megawatts to the national grid. He is vigorously pursuing his power sector reforms agenda which includes the privatization of PHCN and the new cost reflective electricity tariffs. Gej increased minimum wage to N 18, 000 . NYSC members now even earn higher
Minimum Wage my foot
Cassava bread for iya nkechi goat
PDP: "President Deceiving People" like you
Best way GEJ can get 2015 ticket is to PERFORM! PERFORM! & PERFORM! not PITY ME! PITY ME! PITY ME!
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by mufc009(m): 6:13am On Jun 15, 2012
And who tha hell is this Gulak? Sounds like an indian talisman

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by tohirah(f): 6:18am On Jun 15, 2012
Before nko,can he stay for more than 8 years,mtcshew
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by lastpage: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2012
Even if he likes, let him promise to be therefor the next 80years!
One thing is certain, Nigeria as a nation cannot withstand this level of clueless-ness for even four years!
This Jona matter is beyond redemption, walahi!
Wetin, after every election, the "winner" just keeps getting worse! angry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by BashMe1(m): 6:52am On Jun 15, 2012
We Shall See... Απϑ We shall kno' wu owns d country by then... Thwarts
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by ziccoit: 6:53am On Jun 15, 2012
nelson212: "four years is enough for a President to make a difference in the life of a nation; and that any leader who cannot do that is most unlikely to do so if given more years"!--- president Goodluck Johnathan
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 15, 2012
OK NA! WE SHALL SEE! GEJ!! BE READY TO FIGHT ME COS I NO GO GREE LAI LAI!
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Bukkieboi(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2012
OAM4J:

I doubt Nigeria can survive 8 years of Jonathan as president at this rate he is going. Something must break.

Break is an understatement,na war go end jonathan tenure if we know dey careful
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by edicolove: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: If Gej decides to contest in 2015, I will give him my vote. No sentiments. The president has done in one year what some of his predecessors could not achieve in their whole tenure. If not for any other thing, construction work has begun on the Lagos-Ore-Benin road. Onitsha-owerri has been completed. Afikpo- Okigwe has been awarded.A friend of mine told me that He passed thru Zaria-Gusau-Funtua and then keffi-Akwanga-lafia that construction work is ongoiing by stalini & co. At the same time, all the major airports in Nigeria are being renovated. Even Enugu airport was completely shut down and is under serious rehabilitation. In less than 1yr, Gej set up 9 universities across the country. He equally established 2 additional campuses of Nigerian law school. He has built and commissioned the Almajiri school system. He has also increased funding of Nigerian universities and upgraded the retirement age of university lecturers to 70yrs. In transportation, GEJ has succeeded in reforming the ports. Lagos ports are now billed to operate 24 hours. The number of law enforcement agencies @ d ports have also been reduced from about 15 to 6. It's now easier and faster to clear goods at the wharf. The light rail projects are under construction. The Abuja light rail construction appears to be nearing completion and a drive through central area to Garki will clear any doubts. The Govt has initiated its cassava bread campaign which is intended to encourage local production and consumption of cassava bread so as to discourage importation of wheat as it kills our economy. The govt has also eliminated the cartel that feeds fat on distributing fertilizer for farmers. Fertilizers can now easily be accessed by farmers in the open market. Within a year, Gej has completed the construction of the Mambilla and Zungeru power stations and it's expected to add about 2000 megawatts to the national grid. He is vigorously pursuing his power sector reforms agenda which includes the privatization of PHCN and the new cost reflective electricity tariffs. Gej increased minimum wage to N 18, 000 . NYSC members now even earn higher
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by edicolove: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by edicolove: 7:49am On Jun 15, 2012

Add to that:

FOI bill
Official secrets act
Electoral reform
Deregulation of power sector
Deregulation of railway
And most exciting renaming of University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by dont8(m): 7:51am On Jun 15, 2012
msb247: poster made a mistake. he won't stay more than 4 years lipsrsealed
Four years+? I would have lost count of committees and his policy somersaults.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Delafruita(m): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The question of when to start counting has not yet been answered by the supreme court. The intention of the framers of the constitution will come to play in that calculation. Many legal scholars believe that the counting should start when he was first sworn-in as President - that would be after Yar'Adua's passing.
the framers of the contituition were eplicit in their intentions,"a person can only be ELECTED for a maimum of 2 terms of 4 years each.in that wise retardeen if constituitionally allowed to run for another four year term in 2015.after kennedy died,johnson finished histerm,won a first term and didnt run for a second term only because vietnam had destroyed his chances.before then,FDR won for 4 terms before an amendment was done
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by edicolove: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2012
BetaThings:

Jonathan promised on Labour day, May 1 2010 that he needed 3 months to give labour a new minimum wage. On Aug 1, 2010 that self-imposed deadline expired.
3 months after, in Nov 2010, Labour went on strike on the matter, Jonathan said "please it is not me, I need to take it before National council of states"
The minimum wage bill was signed in Mar 2011, a month before the 2011 elections. Of course we know why
9 months after signing, in Dec 2011, the minimum wage had not been paid by Jonathan's FG

Youth Corper are supposed to earn more, but as at May this year, for the first time in the history of this country, youth corpers were being owed 5 months stipend
Now imagine being a youngster living 500km away from your parents and being owed by FG. How do you eat, go out, connect with the world etc?

According to people like you, the Benin-Ore road was fixed by Jan 2011, just before the elections. The story was discussed here on Nairaland.
It is either the road was fixed with a lifespan of 1 year, or it was propaganda
I hope you know that Jonathan became Ag President in Feb 2010 and by Aug 2012 (2 months from now), he would have spent 2&half years, the total number spent by Yaradua in office
And that would be 10 months more than Buhari who spent only 20 months

Let us respect facts

Lol! You are the one trying to distort facts out of your hatred for GEJ. He fixed the Benin Ore road and no amount of propaganda and lies can change that. The major part of the road road was basically completed in december but some finishing touches are still going on even now. Buhari did absolutely nothing in 20months. No plan, no idea, no road map, nothing except to rule the country in sharia style.

GEJ promised minimum wage increase and delivered. Doesn't matter how long it took. Stuff like that normally takes time because a lot of factors are involved. For your infomation, that minimum wage issue was the genesis of the fuel subsidy removal because the governors insisted that the FG should remove fuel subsidy to fund the workers salary increase. So don't come here trying to distort facts and spread your hate propaganda.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by rayamayo: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2012
let us wait & see.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by gbadexy(m): 8:07am On Jun 15, 2012
Before the adviser can come out to make that statement, it is a foregone conclusion that he would contest the next election.
He even spoke as if the election of jonathan is a done deal and that the president would only leave office after that time on his on accord.
I won't be surprised if there is tenure elongation later with the entrenchment of a life president.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Redhot111(m): 8:07am On Jun 15, 2012
Dis Gulak is so foolish. Is 8 yrs not d maximum provided in d constitution? Or is he suppose 2 change d constitution? By d way, Jona promised 2 run 1 tenure nw he's beginnin to sing a new song. We wil see hw it goes
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 15, 2012
ochukoccna: Where is Reno aka beaf to come defend his 'massah' and earn his pay? grin grin grin grin

@ topic,can Nigeria last 7 more years other Ebele? undecided undecided undecided
That's serious food for thought. embarassed embarassed embarassed
. HABA,Look over your head-BILLYONAIRE. Na him be dat
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by mbhs139(m): 8:24am On Jun 15, 2012
Billyonaire: Its crazy, constitution says 2 terms of 4yrs each meaning 8yrs, there is no provision for more than that. Telling us what we already know. Over to opposition bigots. Am warming up for sectional rhetorics.

President GEJ aide has only stated the obvious: his boss will not spend more than 8years, meaning he'll contest for a second term. Its now left to us to decide if we'll give the mandate to carry on for that long. I'm however waiting for his selling point on that.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by gbadexy(m): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2012
I am of the opinion that Jona is a good man, but that doesn't necessary guaranty that he would be a good president.
My main grudge with him is the pump fuel price increase and his refusal to reverse it after glaring evidence of no subsidy but stealing. Yardua reduced the fuel price, why can't our president reduce the price after is was proven that only about 15% was the actual amount used in subsidizing the fuel.
I'm even starting to think the subsidy fraud might be higher than what farouk lawan's committee reported, giving his alleged compromise.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by midiwifi(m): 8:38am On Jun 15, 2012
21 gun salute 4 u GEJ!!! Carry waka NDU(nothing do u)! ;D21 gun salute 4 u GEJ!!! Carry waka NDU(nothing do u)!
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by nifemi01(m): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2012
I just love this country. Me is just waiting for d day boko blows both him and aso rock together.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by jessMena(f): 8:46am On Jun 15, 2012
8yrs ke?Abeg na 4yrs we dey give dis guy...
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Loskee(f): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2012
well, no one is even asking him to be there for more than a single term sef... im regime don tire me bad bad!
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Beaf: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2012
gbadexy: I am of the opinion that Jona is a good man, but that doesn't necessary guaranty that he would be a good president.
My main grudge with him is the pump fuel price increase and his refusal to reverse it after glaring evidence of no subsidy but stealing. Yardua reduced the fuel price, why can't our president reduce the price after is was proven that only about 15% was the actual amount used in subsidizing the fuel.
I'm even starting to think the subsidy fraud might be higher than what farouk lawan's committee reported, giving his alleged compromise.

What is happening now is good argument for the entire subsidy to be removed. GEJ saw all this shiit and wanted to shift the money elsewhere; to pregnant woman, schools, agriculture etc, but Nigerians rioted. Would it not have been better to have the money elsewhere than for the cabal and Farouk to use it to be used to turn us all into id!ots now?

It is better to disperse that money from the petroleum sector, in fact it is the ultimate wisdom. cool
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by dedeike: 9:18am On Jun 15, 2012

somehow I have a feeling that this is d most underrated govt in history. Perhaps due to the peculiar security challenges being faced by Gej and his seeming quiet disposition to life generally, people now take that for weakness. But the truth is that the guy is really working.

I appreciate his revival of the NIPP and his power sector reform roadmap. I saw on channels Tv the completed Mambilla power stations and was impressed. I also learnt as part of the privatization process of PHCN that some big companies lincluding General Electric co and Siemens have all signed bulk purchase trader agreements . It's a good step. I appreciate any endeavor that will lead to the extinction of PHCN and allow the private sector to drive our power sector. I watched live the emergency power session convened by the presidency and with all the 36 states governors in attendance. It will be wonderful if the resolutions reached at that session are followed to the latter. But I think the Minister of power is a bit slow . Earlier he fixed June as the deadline for full privatization of PHCN but later extended it again. I understand they have issues with Electricity workers union, the Fg should be more pro active and settle it so that this long awaited privatization can be sealed once and for all. All these efforts will mean nothing to the common man unless it translates to steady power supply in his home.

On roads, I want to add Kolo-Nembe-Brass to the list of roads under construction by this govt. Apapa-oshodi expressway was also awarded to Julius Berger. Auchi-Okene to setraco. Work is ongoing at Abuja-Lokoja road but at a very slow pace. The govt needs to redouble their efforts on that Abuja-Lokoja because of its strategic importance. Enugu-Port Harcourt is an eyesore and should be given urgent attention. I salute the sanitisatisation of the ports. It has really helped business at the ports. A friend of mine, last month, cleared his Suv in less than 10 days. At the Lagos town hall meeting on subsidy last December, Olisa Agbakoba publicly hailed Okonojo Iweala for the port reforms. But it is not enough that the ports now run 24 hours, adequate security measures must be put in place to ensure that operations run smoothly at night.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by anataala: 9:49am On Jun 15, 2012
so useless Ahmed Gulak is telling us that, MR GEJ has already won 2015 so no need of another election because i believe if there's going to be free and fair election even Niger Delta fish will not vote for gej
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Revolutnz: 9:50am On Jun 15, 2012
Akanbi_edu: You done see person wey leave Aso rock willingly before?

Uncle, you are right o!
IBB: forced to step aside by nationwide protest.
SHONEKAN:signed his resignation letter with a gun at the back of his head
ABACHA:'chop poisoned apple'.
ABDULSALLAM: had to leave due to no other alternatives
OBJ:3rd term bid crushed by NA.
YARADUA: death took him
GEJ:? boko haram/mend bomb? military coup? death like Yaradua? Impeach by NA? step aside like IBB? resign like Shonekan? chop apple or cassava bread like Abacha? choked by corruption & incompetence? rule nigerians forever?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by lacasa: 10:26am On Jun 15, 2012
edicolove:

Lol! You are the one trying to distort facts out of your hatred for GEJ. He fixed the Benin Ore road and no amount of propaganda and lies can change that. The major part of the road road was basically completed in december but some finishing touches are still going on even now. Buhari did absolutely nothing in 20months. No plan, no idea, no road map, nothing except to rule the country in sharia style.

GEJ promised minimum wage increase and delivered. Doesn't matter how long it took. Stuff like that normally takes time because a lot of factors are involved. For your infomation, that minimum wage issue was the genesis of the fuel subsidy removal because the governors insisted that the FG should remove fuel subsidy to fund the workers salary increase. So don't come here trying to distort facts and spread your hate propaganda.

Bloody liar U̶̲̥̅̊ are.

​ so​ let's even agree wt U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ retardeen repaired a bad road as president, just one road n Your singing praises.

Na wa ☺º°˚˚°ºoo

2ndly, if Buhari diddn't do Anything, den was it Your papa D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ builtthe additional refineries τ̅o make it 3 from one?? Without lending/borrowing a single kobo

Was it Your uncle who brought corruption τ̅o an all time low, the lowest level in Nigeria's history
Not τ̅o talk. of the "untouchables" †ђªt were arrested n jailed.

War against Indiscippline, Nigerians wwere made τ̅o respect the law & Nobody cld do anyhow, even boarding a bus was in straight lines n orderly.

Nt τ̅o talk of major highways n link roads he built wyl he was in PTF

My friend, go n investigate wat Men did & dnt giv us cock & bull stories on dis donkey U̶̲̥̅̊ r calling a President
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by adultiph: 11:03am On Jun 15, 2012
In as much as we want GEJ to leave,we have to understand that this is nigeria.
GEJ will only leave Aso rock in 2019.
Most of you that is crying for his removal will still be bribed when the time comes.
Aliance of Atiku,IBB,saraki and other could not stop him from going to Aso rock.
Tell me how alliance of Buhari and Tinubu will stop him.
He only need to pay a visit to Tinubu and the CPC/ACN merging plan will be a failure.
This is Nigeria where people only talk without actions.
Sentiments and ethnic issues will surely set in when the time comes.
GEJ is not doing well but the truth is that it is GEJ that will stop GEJ from going back come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by adultiph: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2012
what are you talking about?Onitsha Owerri road was started by OBJ and almost finished by Yardua.Before GEJ took over that road remained just about 1km or less to be copleted.Uptill now work has not been completed in that road.Onitsha Enugu road was awrded by Yardua and work started immediately but since GEJ took over work going on in that road is a sort of mockery to the nation.within 3 years Yardua almost completed Onitsha see port but since GEJ took over work is no more going on there.The Afikpo okigwe road you are talking about will take enternity to be completed if we stil have him in power.I have never been to other part of the country since he took over but i believe it will be the same story.Can you tell me any good thing you have heared about Nigeria since he took over.My annoyance is that no matter how we make noice he will still rule till 2019 because this is nigeria where the voters power does not count.even the voters collects bribe like their leaders.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by omoalaro: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2012
Jonathan is just trying to complete Yar'Adua's 8years. He has not started his own 8 years. He will start in 2015. If you think i'm lying, ask Beaf.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship: 500 Members Of PPA Decamp To PDP / I Need Muslim Brothers To Explain This picture To Me / Third APC Group Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.