Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,272 members, 7,822,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

How To Get A Driver's License? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Get A Driver's License? (18257 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / New Plate Number And Driver's License / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by iwakunbaba: 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
I went online to follow due process in february till 2day na soso story 4m frsc. But the faster 1 is not d genuine 1 o. I wouldn't mind arrangee dl for business deals

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 20, 2012
blink182: Now shut ur mouth, he is totally correct. I seriously wonder why this made front page because its such a minor issue. Its not even road safety that did mine. Its as easy as writing ur data on piece of paper and adding red background passport.

Obviously the poster didn't bother to think where he could get one before coming here to ask. Rubbish thread. Nigerian passport Kpa Kpa can be made in one day talk of ordinary drivers license when blind man fit do.

And you think this is not a corrupt parole? You are pathetic, I so don't have your time.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 20, 2012
Opera Mini: This is one of d reasons why d world will never take us serious. The senate fixed a price for DL, and nobody could attest to having gotten it at that price. Only God knows how much we'll pay for the plate numbers.

My kid Bro just got his for 3,500 last month by following the due bt stressful process. It took him three months.

When I say process, I mean; certificate 4rm a driving school, and driving test again etc......
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by DisGuy: 1:46am On Jul 17, 2012
bump
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by yommywindy: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
adex2000ng:

That Ȋ̝̊̅§ exactly same case/story with M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ wife. For over 7 months now, her driver's licence Ȋ̝̊̅§ not ready.
As for me, I gave someone recomended to M̶̲̥̅e̶̲̥̅.†ђξ 5k he demanded and I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ just 2 days, †ђξ licence Ȋ̝̊̅§ ready. Note: I never met †ђξ man I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ person we just discused on phone.

If Ʊ go official I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ seeking A̶̲̥̅̊ driver's licence I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria, I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ might never be ready. †ђξ easiest way to go about I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ Ȋ̝̊̅§ to meet A̶̲̥̅̊ road safety or vio guy or LGA, I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2 days †ђξ license will be ready

Pls kindly give me the phone number of the person that did your wife's driver's license. I need a driver's license urgently. My email is yommywindy@yahoo.com
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by shiftbutton: 6:00am On Dec 13, 2012
yommywindy: .

Pls kindly give me the phone number of the person that did your wife's driver's license. I need a driver's license urgently. My email is yommywindy@yahoo.com

Things have change bro, its a little more entailing. You have to be physically present now for data capture. But start the process by clicking this link.
https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2012
yeah, so what's the update on this new driver's license?

is it any easier to get now as compared to when it just started?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by aieromon(m): 8:21am On Dec 13, 2012
George_D: yeah, so what's the update on this new driver's license?

is it any easier to get now as compared to when it just started?

Be prepared to wait for as long as six months especially if its to be done in Lagos. I will start processing mine in January and I hope I spend less time.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by shiftbutton: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2012
aieromon:

Be prepared to wait for as long as six months especially if its to be done in Lagos. I will start processing mine in January and I hope I spend less time.

not as bad as you paint it. U can reduce the time spent by doing part of the work your self from the link I posted earlier, you take the form to their processing office where u will fill some forms and do eye test and basic driving test (more of road signs), after which you are scheduled for data capture and given a temporal one to use pending when the original comes out and that's usually about a month. I know this because my boss did his recently and I am schedule for data capture later this month (dec 2012), I spent roughly 3-4hrs there for the processing. Start early because they will be a mad rush next year coz I think the old one will no longer be valid.

Please Please and Please, do fill the online form on https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/ and make payment before going there. It can be the different between spending extra funds or spending days to do what you could have done in one day. HOpe this helps. Please I can only say this for those in lag o, I dont know about other places, I did mine at Sura, not far from obalende.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by blapo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
shiftbutton:

not as bad as you paint it. U can reduce the time spent by doing part of the work your self from the link I posted earlier, you take the form to their processing office where u will fill some forms and do eye test and basic driving test (more of road signs), after which you are scheduled for data capture and given a temporal one to use pending when the original comes out and that's usually about a month. I know this because my boss did his recently and I am schedule for data capture later this month (dec 2012), I spent roughly 3-4hrs there for the processing. Start early because they will be a mad rush next year coz I think the old one will no longer be valid.

Please Please and Please, do fill the online form on https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/ and make payment before going there. It can be the different between spending extra funds or spending days to do what you could have done in one day. HOpe this helps. Please I can only say this for those in lag o, I dont know about other places, I did mine at Sura, not far from obalende.

i have done the online confirmation of my old DL, filled in the form online but yet to pay. i chose Ojodu as my data capture centre, Whats the next thing to do please advice.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by shiftbutton: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pay, U can do that online and den take form to the centre u chose, although i hear that plce is like dupe market sha.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by blapo(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
@shiftbutton thanks for ur reply, i'm planning to use the Xmas break to sort the issue of DL, i hope the place won't be like Dugbe Market when i go there. Also, i want to visit the place before paying so that i know what i'm getting into. hope that's okay?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by aieromon(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hmm,the same Sura office who couldn't conduct any data capture activities yesterday because of a system malfunction.
Like I said,be prepared to wait for as long as six months. I was supposed to run this new drivers license with my dad last year but because I needed mine urgently, I chose the shorter route and got the old version within two days. My dad on the other hand had to wait for four months. I will start mine in early January and bid my time.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
hmmmm! looks like i better start processing mine early in january.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Ikenna351(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2012
I applied for renewal online on July 30th, this year 2012, and got the renewed driver's licence just last month. Do the counting. The sooner you start, the better for you. Because at a point, the temporary driver's licence given to me after the data/physical capture was taken, got expired two months before the original was ready.

By the way, don't bother going for the manual one or giving anyone money and passport to process driver's licence for you. Because it has been stopped in the whole federation long time ago. Do that and know you have a fake licence. Doubt me? Log onto driver's licence renewal & fresh application site, key in the licence number on that fake licence and see if its upto date or even exist in their data.

Ikenna.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ikenna is ryt, but d duration to getting d plaztic id depends on location. My colleague did his 2mths ago, and he got his plastic card just 3weeks after d capturing (taraba state).
Go online as advised, print d pay4me/acknowledgement slip and do d payment. It is 6350. No more, no less, except you are to visit the VIOs (they'd possibly collect 1500/2000 from you as processing fee for driving certificate-renewal/new).
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
ok, thanks. more info please!
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by yommyuk: 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hi Guys

any new update on the process?
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by aieromon(m): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2013
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by disc20: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedure on how to get drivers license in Nigeria, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-get-new-drivers-license-in.html
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by creamierover: 12:34pm On May 14, 2015
Pls I jst do my driving license n dem give me only d temporary card but dem no give me those results papers n document for driving test and all dat n I no even do d any test. .. I jst c person own na y I dey worriwd to knw if to go back to FRSC whr I do am for Lekki.
Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by murorun1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
I currently wrk with d Tax company dat handles d Dlc n even d whole process of Drivers License. D whole amount for a legitimate DL is 6350 + let's say 6500 n dats all. U get a temporary 1 after 2days n d original after 3 months.
Buh sumtimes an individual might nt want 2 go thru d whole stress of a driving sch to FRSC to V.I.O to DLC 4 capturing. In a case like dis, we charge 15k or above depending on hw urgent u want it and d follow up u want on it by us.
Ogun State Internal Revenue Service.
U can also contact me via my mail if u need more info: andrewbanji@yahoo.com

Re: How To Get A Driver's License? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
creamierover:
Pls I jst do my driving license n dem give me only d temporary card but dem no give me those results papers n document for driving test and all dat n I no even do d any test. .. I jst c person own na y I dey worriwd to knw if to go back to FRSC whr I do am for Lekki.
please where in lekki did u do yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Properly Use The “baby On Board” Sign / My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.