₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,928,507 members, 3,971,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 16 December 2017 at 12:48 AM

During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? (69679 Views)

NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC / Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by blueskies(f): 7:22am On Jan 09
Intelligentdude:
Hi,I will advice you signup for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE).If I were you,I will attach myself with a Medical Laboratory (If you want to follow the medical line) or an Industry(If you want to follow the industrial line). Remember, safety first. Cheers
Intelligentdude:
Hi,kindly go through this thread,you will see answer to your question.
http://www.nairaland.com/3170444/preparing-yourself-during-youth-service
thanks a lot. Pls how relevant is it in d related work field and in job acquisition, I mean d HSE and is there any other related professional courses one can also take apart frm dis? Thanks
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Intelligentdude: 7:57am On Jan 09
blueskies:
thanks a lot. Pls how relevant is it in d related work field and in job acquisition, I mean d HSE and is there any other related professional courses one can also take apart frm dis? Thanks
Hi,go through the whole thread. Someone asked a question on it and I was detailed in my explanation.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by blueskies(f): 8:26am On Jan 09
Intelligentdude:
Hi,go through the whole thread. Someone asked a question on it and I was detailed in my explanation.
Ok, thanks
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by horlarniyhi: 6:53pm On May 13
Base on legit is ISMN, IPMP, HRM, ISMI and HSE really relevant and pls which is not a scam professional course to enroll for. Thanks
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:06am On Aug 18
donigspain:
Hi house, I studied Geography and Meteorology and presently serving in Benue state. Please, I just sat for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) professional course exam on the 17th of this month and I also hope to register for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) professional course by next month. I wish to know the relevance of these certificates (plus knowledge/skill) in the Nigerian labour market. Thanks.
It's been four years since you enrolled for HSE. And I am a Corper in this situation. What has been the advantage of going for those courses? Please what can you say about going for HSE now? I need the advice before paying #19,500 for a course that 'may' not be of help to me at all. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by donigspain(m): 8:47pm On Aug 18
Prettiepearlz:

It's been four years since you enrolled for HSE. And I am a Corper in this situation. What has been the advantage of going for those courses? Please what can you say about going for HSE now? I need the advice before paying #19,500 for a course that 'may' not be of help to me at all. Thanks in anticipation.
RUN AWAY!!! They've been useless. I never got an invite because of them even after writing several companies requiring those skills 3 months after POP. I had to go into a totally different field from what I studied. The only recognised HSE certification is the one managed by SHELL and that, in itself, does not guarantee job. Many still have them yet roam unemployed.

Look for a skill certification. Learn the skill very well.
Web development, Programming, Graphic Design, Cinematography, Networking, Digital Marketing, Copywriting, Auto Repairs etc.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by humantorch02: 12:14pm On Dec 06
The hse professional course is a cheap professional course every Corp members should apply for during their youth Service Year.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by wuzal: 12:20pm On Dec 06

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by boma95(f): 1:42pm On Dec 06

You spoke my mind there.
I work in HR and see a lot of worthless certifications people carry around.

No focus, no direction, they just acquire paper because they see others doing so.
A person should have a focus and know where he/she is heading before acquiring any degree/certification.

You will see an engineer doing CIPM or a biologist doing ICAN.
What the hell? Career should be passion driven. Know what you want and find the right path to your destination.

Please can I do as a graduate of HRM ?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by wuzal: 2:34pm On Dec 07

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Approves Increase Of NYSC Federal Allowance To N39,000 / Temi Omolabake Corper Who Died In An Auto-crash Last Night / Female Corper Rocks Her Oversized NYSC Kit. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.