Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam (20663 Views)

Rev. Fr Mbaka Advices Christians To Not Vote For GEJ. / EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants / Boko Haram Wants To Dialogue With Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by SamIkenna: 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
There is an easy way to know if this news is true or false, this is the way:

Drive to Bornu, meet a Boko Haram member, tell him you're a christian, and finally ask him if its true that he wants you to convert to islam. If you make it back alive then the story is false, if you get beheaded on youtube video - you'll do the math in hell.

If you ask me, I'll advise you to sit your black behind down in your house and quit denying the obvious! What is wrong with some of us? do you mistake Boko Haram for Firefighters?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by jude33084(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2012
tintingz: ehya brainwashed by ur pastors and america, for ur info d bible contains war, violece nd slavery especially d OT bible, and kindly read history on christian crusades...am sure u will shut up...

Are you saying Islm is a peaceful religion? cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Mbuko91(m): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
fesse:

the emboldened is synonymous to Muslims.
lwkmd....hehehhehe.u no well joor.lolz
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Mbuko91(m): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
dowjones:

GBAGAUN !
iv been a bit down since morning but dis post just made me laff my heart out! U no well at allll,,,,lolz...na so so gbagaun abi?welcome to d club bro.join me as we stay on d lookout for 'internet bombers.' 'gbagauners club....let d game begin abi begins...lolzzzz!
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by ebamma(m): 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
The statement also claimed that Almighty Allah has tasked all Muslims in Quran chapter 9 v 29 to launch attack against Jews and Christians who refused to believe in him, his messenger, Prophet Mohammed.
and after some muslims will tell us that islam is a religion of peace.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Limaoscar: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
ode buruku...islam is violence

cheesy grin grin.....was wondering what to say to the Arrow myself.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by AtheistD(m): 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
abbey621:

Atheist:-D : Perhaps you misinterpreted my statement, I'm not saying the Holy Roman Catholic Church was the oldest church, I'm saying it is the foundation that expanded Christianity. Yes, the original Church of Jesus.The apostles with the Great Commission took territories: St James, in Jerusalem; St Peter in Rome, Andrew in Constantinople, Ignatius in Antioch [originally founded by St Peter], Mark in Alexandria. The apostles creed called it ONE HOLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH; catholic as in universal. It was called the Jesus way, the Holy Church with HQ in Jerusalem and St James as its 1st Bishop. Unfortunately, the Jerusalem church was disseminated by the Jews and Muslims later. Christianity could have been annihilated without the Roman Church. By the design and will of God, the Roman Church [founded somewhere in 44 AD]headed by St Peter then gained strenght and wisdom; It is still the only church that can lay claim to completing the first and most recognizable version of the bible.

Foundation... I think not. The larger Church was the Orthodox Chirch in Constantinople. In fact the Catholic Church was nearly vanquished during the invasions of Italy by the Lombards, moors and of course prior to that the Vandals.

In terms of the spread of Chriastianity, the growth of Christainity in Western and Eastern Europe was divided almost equally between Orthodox until the second siege of Constantinople by the muslims...600AD roughly. Prior to that Catholicism was in France, England, Scotlsnd, Italy and possibly Germsny, Low countries etc. Spain was Visigothic and hence Arian until muslim invasion, same as most of North Africa (near Carthage etc). The balkans, and other parts near the Adriatic and even parts of Italy Orthodox. Greece and Turkey(Anatolia) were Orthodox. After the sacking of Constantinople (4th crusades) Catholicism became dominant. This was rougly 1200s onwards.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Mbuko91(m): 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Foundation... I think not. The larger Church was the Orthodox Chirch in Constantinople. In fact the Catholic Church was nearly vanquished during the invasions of Italy by the Lombards, moors and of course prior to that the Vandals.

In terms of the spread of Chriastianity, the growth of Christainity in Western and Eastern Europe was divided almost equally between Orthodox until the second siege of Constantinople by the muslims...600AD roughly. Prior to that Catholicism was in France, England, Scotlsnd, Italy and possibly Germsny, Low countries etc. Spain was Visigothic and hence Arian until muslim invasion, same as most of North Africa (near Carthage etc). The balkans, and other parts near the Adriatic and even parts of Italy Orthodox. Greece and Turkey(Anatolia) were Orthodox. After the sacking of Constantinople (4th crusades) Catholicism became dominant. This was rougly 1200s onwards.
see post abeg...e too long na bro...shuoooo,una no dey tire?lol...its cmin on a lighter note ooo
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by maigaskiya1: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk: You people should stop putting up threads on the front page that are likely to distabilize the country.

Boko Haram Doesn't represent Islam and are not fighting for the interest of muslims. Even Christians who are none sentimental know this fact.

Boko haram is more of a political implanted miscreants to distabilize the nation in order to attract self pity and easy means to divide Nigeria when the need arises.

i belev u hav brian tumour

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by edicolove: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
abbey621:

Atheist:-D : Perhaps you misinterpreted my statement, I'm not saying the Holy Roman Catholic Church was the oldest church, I'm saying it is the foundation that expanded Christianity. Yes, the original Church of Jesus.The apostles with the Great Commission took territories: St James, in Jerusalem; St Peter in Rome, Andrew in Constantinople, Ignatius in Antioch [originally founded by St Peter], Mark in Alexandria. The apostles creed called it ONE HOLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH; catholic as in universal. It was called the Jesus way, the Holy Church with HQ in Jerusalem and St James as its 1st Bishop. Unfortunately, the Jerusalem church was disseminated by the Jews and Muslims later. Christianity could have been annihilated without the Roman Church. By the design and will of God, the Roman Church [founded somewhere in 44 AD]headed by St Peter then gained strenght and wisdom; It is still the only church that can lay claim to completing the first and most recognizable version of the bible.

This is one of the most ignorant account of Christianity I have seen. For the records, the catholic church was setup to destroy christianity, not to promote it. The Roman empire were persecuting and hounding christians everywhere, starting from the killing of apostle James. They however realised that the persecution only expanded christianity because as the christians ran away from the empire, they carried the message to new territories. So they came up with a devilish idea; merge the church and state. Declare that everyone was now a christian. That was the birth of the Roman Catholic church. Roman catholic church was not founded by Apostle Peter. That was a cooked up bare faced lie from the Roman Catholic church to promote their new religion. The true Christians were killed throughout the dark ages by the catholic church until the reformation.

No jew would ever use graven images in the worship of God like the catholics do or pray to angels. So please don't spread those lies that the Apostle peter formed the catholic church.

The Roman catholic folks carried out the crusades, not believers in Jesus. Believers in Jesus were also victims of the crusades as well as Jews. Both the Roman catholic and muslim massacared Jews and christians.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by maigaskiya1: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
Oky o we re in d south re waitng 4ur muslim scholars nd as am tokng 2u we hav purchasd our qurans nd slate 4 lectrues pls cm o we re waitng.may d devil dat temptd u islamic pigs se u thru

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by fortyfeet(m): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk: You people should stop putting up threads on the front page that are likely to distabilize the country.

Boko Haram Doesn't represent Islam and are not fighting for the interest of muslims. Even Christians who are none sentimental know this fact.

Boko haram is more of a political implanted miscreants to distabilize the nation in order to attract self pity and easy means to divide Nigeria when the need arises.

boko haram represemts islam my brother. Dont deny it or practicaly prove it by helping security with necessary info they want.
You live with them and know them.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by tintingz(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
jude33084:
Are you saying Islm is a peaceful religion? cheesycheesy
ask me again...is christianity a peaceful religion ?
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by maasoap(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2012
And they want all Muslims to convert to christianity too.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Naanhetch: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
arand nonsence mctheeeeew
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by ghostofsparta(m): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
Phems: We want all Christians to convert to Islam – Boko Haram

The Jama’atu Ahlus Sunnati Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the bombing of three churches that claimed about 50 lives and scores injured in the northern cities of Zaria and Kaduna on Sunday.
The sect spokesperson, Abu Qaqa in a statement said the multiple attacks was a reprisal of Christians’ past killings of Muslims and vandalism of Mosques in Zonkwa, Yelwan Shendam, Tafawa Balewa, where they said Mosques were turned into brothels and drinking joints, while Christians continue to carry on with impunity and government support.
The however affirmed that for peace to reign, Christians must all convert to Islam.
The statement reads in part: “Today (Sunday) Almighty Allah has given us victory against Christian Churches in Kaduna and Zaria which led to the deaths of many Christians and security operatives.”
The statement also claimed that Almighty Allah has tasked all Muslims in Quran chapter 9 v 29 to launch attack against Jews and Christians who refused to believe in him, his messenger, Prophet Mohammed.
The radical sect also affirmed that attacks against Christian children and women would continue, since security personnel now attack their women and children.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/06/18/we-want-all-christians-to-convert-to-islam-boko-haram/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=we-want-all-christians-to-convert-to-islam-boko-haram

Glory Be To Allah
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
If this is true, then Boko Haram should take their own advice and convert to Islam first, because whatever they're doing now is not Islam at all.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by nduchucks: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
ogugua88: If this is true, then Boko Haram should take their own advice and convert to Islam first, because whatever they're doing now is not Islam at all.

^^^^^+1000
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by abbey621(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
This is one of the most ignorant account of Christianity I have seen. For the records, the catholic church was setup to destroy christianity, not to promote it. The Roman empire were persecuting and hounding christians everywhere, starting from the killing of apostle James. They however realised that the persecution only expanded christianity because as the christians ran away from the empire, they carried the message to new territories. So they came up with a devilish idea; merge the church and state. Declare that everyone was now a christian. That was the birth of the Roman Catholic church. Roman catholic church was not founded by Apostle Peter. That was a cooked up bare faced lie from the Roman Catholic church to promote their new religion. The true Christians were killed throughout the dark ages by the catholic church until the reformation.

No jew would ever use graven images in the worship of God like the catholics do or pray to angels. So please don't spread those lies that the Apostle peter formed the catholic church.

The Roman catholic folks carried out the crusades, not believers in Jesus. Believers in Jesus were also victims of the crusades as well as Jews. Both the Roman catholic and muslim massacared Jews and christians.

@edicolove - All I can do is laugh, when someone like you tries to sound intelligent but end up sounding so dumb. Can you imagine, Catholic church against Christianity? Hey you might not agree with the doctrine of the Catholics but please don't insult them, if you devoted time to studying true history instead of foolish propaganda, you would realize just how crazy you sound!
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Skii(m): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
I once watched a debate on ABC about Terrorism and Islam. One thing that i picked out of it and has stuck with me for some time is what one of the participants said about Islam.

He said its like a civil war going on within islam where there are some who wish to live a liberalized version of Islam (an example he used was the women who wish to live life like their western counterparts, referring in particular to those who long to "come out" from under the burquah) and those who want to go hard core Islam (practice Islam to the very extreme, warring with non-muslims and so on)

He said they should have a meeting among themselves or this desirous faction should emerge and break away and allow people who want to identify with it to do so without any penalties, restrictions or consequences. Like they should rally round, stand up and defend their consciences and the form of religion they practice if indeed the are fed up of being unjustly labelled as potentially violent.
He pointed out how everywhere you turn where there is terrorism, it is always linked with Islam, and how as a result, innocent non-violent muslims have gotten mistreated or treated in a certain way because they have been categorized together with their extreme islam practicing brethren

He used the separation of the Church of England from the Church in Rome as an example and said it was one moment in time the separation and birth of a new church, a new form of Christianity (though similar) took place. He said it could happen now. All thats just needed is for some people to stand up

Refusing people to practice the type of religion they wished to is an infringement on their fundamental human rights

He said many things men and I was just loving it, sadly this is all i remember.

In my opinion, I think BH (even though it can be argued that there is political undertone to their dealings) are playing on the reluctance or muteness of the greater peace loving muslims to stand up.

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Mbuko91(m): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
Naanhetch: arand nonsence mctheeeeew
G.B.A.G.A.U.N! Welcome home
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by VellyG(m): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
Every muslim has a touch of boko haram in them.Say bad about mohammed or d quran and see the devil in them..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by mankand(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
Fucking Idiots call Muslim. Why won't ya'll go bombing others when ya'll have no sense of humur, even your Mohammed was no leader of truth, and ya'll know dis except you are been denied truth or hiding. read below and if it is a lie, read ur quaran and see for ur self. I hate dis religion shit. HAIL THE NWO

BY YEAR 2020, WE WILL ISLAM WILL BE IN EXTINCTION. I HAIL NWO WITH NEW STRATEGIES OF DESTABLIZING THEIR POWER. WE ARE ALREADY WINNING IN YEMEN ALSO

Role model for muslims is so called prophet of source of evil itself,Muhammad. Muslims are taught to live their life on Earth as this crazy warlock from cave did in his life spawn. So what do we know about this person Muhammad? Many things,we know that he didnt know how to read,he hates woman and treat it like a property, including that he married 6 year old girl,than raped her when she was 9 (disgustin). And here is Quran verse that proves it:

"The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age"

- Sahih Bukhari 5.234
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by musty1987(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
kwaghe: And some assholes will come here and say that Islam does not preach violence.

U are wrong on this. truely islam doesnt preach violence. go through Quran to check that out. just that some northerners that are invloving in this silly act dont have enough knowledge and exposure. think of South west, where almost half of the western nigerian are muslims, do U ever hear of this kind of violence there. am not saying what is happening in the north are gud, but i think part of this problems can be traced to poverty and lack of education. those people have been brainwashed. lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by joshuaidibia(m): 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
Tamita: How can this be possible? Imagine I have to hit my head on the ground with my asss suspended in the air all in the name of prayer....damn it! God Forbid !
hahahaha
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by harmony5(m): 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2012
Imagine a world where people are liberated from religious and mental slavery;
Imagine a world where there is freedom, peace and liberty;
Imagine a world where the lives of all humans will be treated with respect and sanctity;
Imagine a world without religous extremism and violence;
Imagine a world world without ISLAM;
Just Imagine?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by mankand(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2012
HAIL THE NWO AND WE WILL SEND THESE BASTARDS OUT OF THE EARTH BY 2020

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by mankand(m): 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
HAIL NWO 2DAY,,,..............

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Montalo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
kheart: U re very funny, last time i check u guys claim ur grave enclosed god died for ur sins, so my question is all dose gays popes, loothers a.k.a pastors re goin to heaven right? B4 i forget even hitler can justify killing millions because hos sins ve been taken way. Mtchewwwwww nxt time use ur head n stop tinkin from anus.
may d lord Almighty 4giv u..Imaghi akwukwo iti mpataka!
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by 9javoice1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
by kheart(m): 2:53pm
How are we sure dat even d poster aint abu qaqa, it is really sad dat we (muslims) ve to dpend so much on wat dis subjective media houses write abt, there have been reprisal attacks on travelers and no one is talking abt it. Wen xtians re caught trying to bomb a church in jos, kd n kano u people n ur media ll start coverin up for them. So wat d Bleep do i care if few among d xtian boko haram succeeded in killing deir fellow ple.

Base on the words you spoke here, i can see clearly that you are hausa/fulani guy.
The truth with what is happening now is that, Hausa/Fulani are killing other tribes[size=8pt][/size],
and giving it a religious coloration.

Anyway when the time comes,we will tell hausa/fulani's that other muslims never like them.
Already hausa/fulani's are towards the end of there road.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Ninilowo(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2012

......buh they quote from the quran now. IF ALL MUSLIMS SHOULD RISE AGAINST THIS PEOPLE, AM SURE THEY WOULD HAVE STOPPED THIS NONSENSE.
In Egypt dduring the revolution the christians formed a ring round the muslims when it was prayer time. Can the muslims do the same in Nigeria?
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by thehomer: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
musty1987: [color=#770077][/color]

U are wrong on this. truely islam doesnt preach violence. go through Quran to check that out. just that some northerners that are invloving in this silly act dont have enough knowledge and exposure. think of South west, where almost half of the western nigerian are muslims, do U ever hear of this kind of violence there. am not saying what is happening in the north are gud, but i think part of this problems can be traced to poverty and lack of education. those people have been brainwashed. lipsrsealed

Is the Qur'an the only book they read? How about the Hadiths and others?
Well, maybe those in western Nigeria have decided against it because they bothered to actually learn to read something other than the Qur'an and go to actual schools rather than a Qur'anic school to sit and cram more Qur'an.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Happy Over Divorce Filed By His Wife / 608 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents Currently Undergoing Rehabilitation / Jandor's Ignorance On Lagos Floods - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.