Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam (20662 Views)

Rev. Fr Mbaka Advices Christians To Not Vote For GEJ. / EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants / Boko Haram Wants To Dialogue With Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by VellyG(m): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2012
lacasa:

Eediot Ʊ cnt fool anybody, tђere's a beginning n an eend τ̅o each surah D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ dis verses Ʊ pikd out go further τ̅o explain.

These verses r in relation τ̅o either war times during the prophet's battles or in relation τ̅o self defense.

This is Ђδω Ʊ quote;

"O MANKIND WE CREATED YOU FROM A SINGLE (PAIR) OF A MALE AND A FEMALE, AND MADE YOU INTO NATIONS AND TRIBES, THAT YOU MAY KNOW EACH OTHER NOT THAT YOU MAY DESPISE EACH OTHER.

VERILY THE MOST HONORED OF YOU IN THE SIGHT OF ALLAAH IS (HE WHO IS) THE MOST RIGHTEOUS OF YOU. AND GOD HAS FULL KNOWLEDGE AND IS WELL ACQUAINTED (WITH ALL THINGS)."

HOLY QURAN 49:13.

...Anϑ if God says muslims shld kill xtians as Ʊ r lieing, Ђδω will †ђªt same God say the above in the same book

God will destroy Your type for attempting τ̅o instigate trouble btw people by saying wat Ʊ dnt know.

Ʊ will neva know peace

Why all these ranting? Where those verses picked up from a novel Or from the bible? Believe it or not this is exactly where ur so called jihadist believe they been backed up by picking up arms against christains who they still call unbelievers as mentioned on the verses. Muslim clerics shuould clear the air in verses like this if they really tink and you think they mean a different thing. The way u understand ur koran may not be the same as an almajiri or a jihadist(don't know if u are one). So u go back to those verses again rather than judging and insulting people on a forum showing ur lack of maturity.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 19, 2012
Tamita: How can this be possible? Imagine I have to hit my head on the ground with my asss suspended in the air all in the name of prayer....damn it! God Forbid !
im wit yhu....they are bloody assholes..and must be fckud outta dis world..... Let the war begin
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 19, 2012
kheart: U re very funny, last time i check u guys claim ur grave enclosed god died for ur sins, so my question is all dose gays popes, loothers a.k.a pastors re goin to heaven right? B4 i forget even hitler can justify killing millions because hos sins ve been taken way. Mtchewwwwww nxt time use ur head n stop tinkin from anus.
goto hell bloody asshole......even the traditional religions are better than yhu guys..... U guys hav d worst religion on earth
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Pororo(f): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2012
Logic Mind:

here:

My God! is this real? shocked

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Pororo(f): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2012
Logic Mind:

here:
Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Qur'an (8:39) - “And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.”

Qur'an (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion be only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers."

My God! is this real? shocked

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by ib0221: 9:21am On Jun 19, 2012
I beg you all to make judicious views devoid of emotion and prejudice. To those quoting quran literally, my experience has taught me that it cannot be quoted thus. This made me to doubt the news for it lack substance.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Skmoda360(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2012
omar22: Show us a Video or Audio evidence? until then I count this as HOT AIR!!!
sh..ut the hell up jawre................................
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by mankand(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2012
Indeed a religion 2 follow. I ain't gonna follow dis crap

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by kiuusm(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2012
Tamita: How can this be possible? Imagine I have to hit my head on the ground with my asss suspended in the air all in the name of prayer....damn it! God Forbid !

Read the follwing in your Bilbel: how prophet of God used to worship God including Abrahm, moses, Noa, Jesus..... and the last and filnal prophet sent to the whole univers with the final testament (Qur'an) Prophet Muhammad (Peace be on to them all) read ur bilble 4rm Geness 2 revelation.
Prostration in the Bible
Genesis 17:3; Numbers 20:6
Joshua 5:14; Mathew 26:39
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2012
lacasa:

Eediot Ʊ cnt fool anybody, tђere's a beginning n an eend τ̅o each surah D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅τ̲̅ dis verses Ʊ pikd out go further τ̅o explain.

These verses r in relation τ̅o either war times during the prophet's battles or in relation τ̅o self defense.

This is Ђδω Ʊ quote;

"O MANKIND WE CREATED YOU FROM A SINGLE (PAIR) OF A MALE AND A FEMALE, AND MADE YOU INTO NATIONS AND TRIBES, THAT YOU MAY KNOW EACH OTHER NOT THAT YOU MAY DESPISE EACH OTHER.

VERILY THE MOST HONORED OF YOU IN THE SIGHT OF ALLAAH IS (HE WHO IS) THE MOST RIGHTEOUS OF YOU. AND GOD HAS FULL KNOWLEDGE AND IS WELL ACQUAINTED (WITH ALL THINGS)."

HOLY QURAN 49:13.

...Anϑ if God says muslims shld kill xtians as Ʊ r lieing, Ђδω will †ђªt same God say the above in the same book

God will destroy U̶̲̥̅̊r type for attempting τ̅o instigate trouble btw people by saying wat Ʊ dnt know.

Ʊ will neva know peace

From ur response, someone is seriously confused. Are those violent verses not in ur copy of the quran? On one hand advocating and blessing violence against non-muslims and then say the opposite next. Contradiction is a known sign of falsehood. The true God cannot be confused.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 19, 2012
ib0221: I beg you all to make judicious views devoid of emotion and prejudice. To those quoting quran literally, my experience has taught me that it cannot be quoted thus. This made me to doubt the news for it lack substance.

BH quoted Quran 9:29 as the basis for their attack.

Why don't you explain how those violent verses should really be understood? And also why Muslim scholars and teachers struggle to explain it clearly to the suicide bombers and terrorists who are busy killing based on these verses?
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2012
NSNA: [size=15pt]If we all convert we will have to share in your 60 virgins.. still want us to convert?

BTW what do women get?
[/size]
. I tire o. U guys should share the virgins among urselves. I no like virgin sef. Besides I no fit hit head for ground. I no fit dey there becos I fit kick person nyash.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by lacasa: 11:04am On Jun 19, 2012
VellyG:

Why all these ranting? Where those verses picked up from a novel Or from the bible? Believe it or not this is exactly where ur so called jihadist believe they been backed up by picking up arms against christains who they still call unbelievers as mentioned on the verses. Muslim clerics shuould clear the air in verses like this if they really tink and you think they mean a different thing. The way u understand ur koran may not be the same as an almajiri or a jihadist(don't know if u are one). So u go back to those verses again rather than judging and insulting people on a forum showing ur lack of maturity.

R Ʊ just dumb or retarded

Didn't Ʊ read where i said the verses were singled out intentionally ​ so​ it wld luk as if they stood on their owwn

Get a Quran n read n Ʊ wld c they were in relation τ̅o something at D̶̲̥̅̊ time er war or conflict

Ʊ didn't attack him who i reeplied cos he is a xtiam lyk Ʊ abi?

Bt were ​ so​ quik τ̅o attack M̶̲̥̅ε̲ wtout reasoning wat D̶̲̥̅̊ posts were saying

Be objective nxt time.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by lacasa: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2012
TroGunn:

From ur response, someone is seriously confused. Are those violent verses not in ur copy of the quran? On one hand advocating and blessing violence against non-muslims and then say the opposite next. Contradiction is a known sign of falsehood. The true God cannot be confused.

Another retard here,

Read D̶̲̥̅̊ post above
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by FindOut(m): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2012
TroGunn:

Why don't you explain how those violent verses should really be understood? And also why Muslim scholars and teachers struggle to explain it clearly to the suicide bombers and terrorists who are busy killing based on these verses?

Please educate yourself here. Thanks.

9:29 (at tauba) OF QURAN
DOES’NT ENCOURAGE MUSLIMS
TO TERRORISM 9:29 (at tauba) OF QURAN DOES’NT ENCOURAGE MUSLIMS TO TERRORISM With valuable inputs from brother Sami Zaatari of answering-christianity team Verse 9:29 of Surah at-tauba is probably
the intentionally most misinterpreted
verse of the Quran. This is what it says: - “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” S. 9:29 Y. Ali Dear brother mansour, I totally
understand you when you say that this
verse promotes violence on a cursory
glance. But if you read it carefully you’ll
find that it doesn’t. I hope you will be
patient enough to be with me throughout the end of this article. The verse says “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth”. My question to you brother. Does this
verse stop here? No it doesnt. It
continues and gives the actual reason as
to the fighting. This is the continuation: – “until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”. 1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS. This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do
mindless slaughter as the media portrays
or deceives. It gives the Muslims the
permission to fight only those non- Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state
tax. And we all know that jizya is
applicable only in an Islamic state.
Neither India, nor US or Britain are
Islamic states. So to put this verse as an
excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and
unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply. I can show whole verses from other
scriptures that are truly inhuman, yet no
one questions them. Do you want a
sample? Ill give it to you at the end. I
promise. 2. THE VERSE DOES NOT ASK THE MUSLIMS TO DO FORCEFUL CONVERSIONS. Again, the verse permits the muslims to
fight the non –muslims in an islamic state ONLY and ONLY if they refuse to pay the jizya – Willingly . Re-read the verse from ANY translation if you are not sure. But once they pay the jizya tax they can
continue to believe in their atheistic
pagan beliefs, but it will be under an
Islamic state. You can still forgive them
by not forcing them into Islam, nor
oppressing them or being bad to them because of their wrong beliefs. 3. QURAN NEVER SAYS TO KILL THE DISBELIEVERS JUST BECAUSE THEY DISBELIEVE. This is not to you brother coz I consider
you as a truly respectable friend. To
others who read this article – I openly challenge you to show me ONE verse from the Quran which says to kill the disbelievers just because they are disbelievers. There are verses which permit the Muslims to fight and kill non-
Muslims. But every time sensible and
reasonable conditions are laid. I can show
you all verses from other religious
scriptures where slaughtering is done for
reasons that are as silly and stupid as honor, glory and greatness. Sometimes
for fun too. Wait till the end of the article
to have a sample. 4. JIZYA ISN’T A RANSOM OR A BAD THING Coming back to the verse, now people
might say isn’t it unfair that they have to
pay the jizya tax? Not really. Since when is punishment for refusal to pay lawful taxes considered as terrorism? Also, the jizya tax is very cheap and affordable, and
it grants the non-Muslim’s many benefits,
benefits which even the Muslims don’t
get! For instance, the non-Muslims who are paying jizya in an Islamic state are not obliged to take part in any battle or war, unless they themselves choose to, the Muslims do not have this choice. Muslims have to actually burn their asses out to protect both Muslims and non-Muslims living in their lands. Also if the Islamic state cannot grant protection
to the non-Muslims then the non-Muslims
are not obliged to pay the jizya tax, since
Muslims themselves must meet
expectations for the jizya tax to be
implemented. Also, Society today has no problem in paying taxes to the government, so therefore they should have no problem in paying a tax in an Islamic state either. There you go my friend, verse 9:29 doesn’t
encourage the muslims to do terrorism. It
is a perfectly fair and just verse. Just
throw this article on the face of anybody
who tries to misrepresent islam to you in
the future. 5. EVERY AUTHENTIC TRANSLATION OF THE QURAN HAS THE WORD “UNTIL” OR “TILL” IN THE VERSE 9:29 I could lay my hands on 7 different english
translations of the quran and ALL OF THEM HAVE THE CONDITION:- 1. “[And] fight against those who – despite having been vouchsafed
revelation [aforetime] – do not [truly]
believe either in God or the last Day, and
do not consider forbidden that which God
and His Apostle have forbidden, and do
not follow the religion of truth [which God has enjoined upon the], till they [agree to] pay the exemption tax with a willing hand, after having been humbled [in war]” 9:29 Asad’s Translation 2. “Fight those people of the Book (Jews and Christians) who do not believe in
Allah and the Last Day, do not refrain
from what has been prohibited by Allah
and His Rasool and do not embrace the
religion of truth (Al-Islam), until they pay Jizya (protection tax) with their own hands and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29 Malik’s Translation 3. “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden
which hath been forbidden by Allah and
His apostle nor acknowledge the religion
of truth (even if they are) of the People of
the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29 Yusuf Ali’s Translation 4. “Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in
Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that
which Allah hath forbidden by His
messenger, and follow not the religion of
truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.” 9:29 Pickthall’s Translation 5. “Fight against those who believe not in Allâh, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that
which has been forbidden by Allâh and
His Messenger and those who
acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e.
Islâm) among the people of the Scripture
(Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29 Muhsin Khan’s Translation 6. “Fight those People of the Book who do not believe in Allah, nor in the Last Day,
and do not take as unlawful what Allah
and His Messenger have declared as
unlawful, and do not profess the Faith of
Truth; (fight them) until they pay jizyah with their own hands while they are subdued.” 9:29 Mufti Taqi Usmani’s Translation 7. “Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not
consider unlawful what Allah and His
Messenger have made unlawful and who
do not adopt the religion of truth from
those who were given the Scripture –
[fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.” 9:29 Sahih International Translation 6. FIGHTING NEED NOT ALWAYS BE PHYSICAL, IT CAN ALSO BE INTELLECTUAL Finally, people might now say well isn’t
Islam violent because Muslims are
commanded to fight those who do not
believe in God and so on etc etc. Not
really, because fighting in this verse does
not explicitly mean physical violence. Observe the words in the above verses
like “willingly”, “willing submission”, “readily” etc. Here it is spoken about bringing a change from within the hearts of people which is brought about intellectually. There are many ways in which you fight against somebody that
does not involve a physical aspect. You
can fight someone with the tongue, using
your wisdom and telling him about the
truth, you are fighting against the lies
that person is propagating and eventually with your tongue you will speak the truth
and crush his lies leading him to the truth.
So fighting does not have to only be
physical. But alas! We totally over look these things
when we mindlessly base allegations on
the Quran. I never comment on any
religion until I have read and understood
ALL their scriptures. I don’t just google
out some anti-religious sites to come up with instant allegations. This is so unfair. 7. Quick Noble Verses that refute the terrorism LIE in Islam: “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)“ “But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)“ “If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28)“ “God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:cool“ “And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)“ “Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 2:256)“ “Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to God’s will) in Islam. Leave them alone, to enjoy (the good things of this life) and to please themselves: let (false) hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them). (The Noble Quran, 15:2-3)“ “Say, ‘The truth is from your Lord’: Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it):……(The Noble Quran, 18:29)“ “If it had been thy Lord’s will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then COMPEL mankind, against their will, to believe! (The Noble Quran, 10:99)“ “Say: ‘Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that
placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be
on right guidance. The Messenger’s duty is only to preach the clear (Message). (The Noble Quran, 24:54)“ “Say : O ye that reject Faith! I worship not
that which ye worship, Nor will ye
worship that which I worship. And I will
not worship that which ye have been
wont to worship, Nor will ye worship that
which I worship. To you be your Way, and to me mine. (The Noble Quran, 109:1-6)“ I can spend my entire life showing you
verses such as these that are littered
throughout the Quran which throw the lie
of terrorism out of the window. You said “the alleged terrorizing verses”
of the quran are everywhere. i ask you
brother to point out EVERY such verse
from the Quran so that i can clear up the
matter with you. Google them out if you
want. I don’t care. But don’t forget to compare them with what i am going to
show you next. Anyway, since I do have read almost every
available religious scriptures in a way it
should have been read, so ill full fill my
promise that I made at the beginning of
this article and show you all what actual
terrorism is. The following link should expose all that’s required to be exposed
about actual terrorism: - The Terror In The Bible

www.prophetrejectors./929-at-tauba-of-quran-doesnt-encourage-muslims-to-terrorism/
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by VellyG(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2012
lacasa:

R Ʊ just dumb or retarded

Didn't Ʊ read where i said the verses were singled out intentionally ​ so​ it wld luk as if they stood on their owwn

Get a Quran n read n Ʊ wld c they were in relation τ̅o something at D̶̲̥̅̊ time er war or conflict

Ʊ didn't attack him who i reeplied cos he is a xtiam lyk Ʊ abi?

Bt were ​ so​ quik τ̅o attack M̶̲̥̅ε̲ wtout reasoning wat D̶̲̥̅̊ posts were saying

Be objective nxt time.

See violence written all over you. We r all here to air our views and not to trade words. Well am not surprised coz it doesn't take u guys anytin to shed blood. give ur life to christ
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by ib0221: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2012
TroGunn:

i really appreciate this. Though i cannot claim authority on interpretation of any part of quran, i will like to clarify that it was revealed according to tafsir experts in connection to continous war between muslims and other arabs at the time due to lack of trust that exist then between them and their neighbours that include arab christians, jews, majusians, traditionalits and so on. U should know that tafsir experts always differentiate between christians then and now.even christians then were classified in one chapter of the quran.
As to why i warned against direct literal translation or quotation, i learnt once that there is a surat in quran that depicts prosperity from direct translation and most muslims till date use it to supplicate for riches but indepth analysis and exegesis by tafsir experts explains that it only foretold the death of the prophet.
Another thing i learnt is that, thoug,h the verses of surat are well arranged but the next verse to a given verse may not actually follow it in context and import.
One thing i know for sure all religions preach violent at one point or the other due to circumstances and mostly when the state unite with priesthood or church or mosque or what have you.this is what thomas paine dwelt so much on when condemming the word 'tolerance' in connection with religion in his part 2 of right of man in reponse to edmund burke's reflection on france revolution.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by sdbaba: 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2012
Well I'm a Christian and dont believe Islam is a religion of War and Intolerance, because I have co-habited with muslims all my life and our relationships have been cordial as long as we give ourselves the mutual respect necessary for peaceful co-habitation. Boko haram and other muslim fanatics are just hooligans that have found themselves irrelevant in the scheme of things, therefore they're looking for recognition and seeking undeserved attention. In as much as I condemn the continued attacks on my Xtian brothers and sisters, I want us all Xtians to remember that we are not to take any lives cos we know what the Bible says about that. Yes we can resist intimidation and oppression but we must try as much as possible not to allow any human's life be cut short by us. I know this may be difficult to achieve but I know God is able to give us wisdom and the strength to go through this period.

The so called boko haram members cannot DENY OR CLAIM IGNORANCE of the existence of the following verses and teachings by their prophet mohammed whom the writter says is still very visible and available in a Turkish Museum till date:
[b]Mujeeb said...
I continue to wonder how these people read their Qur'an and misinterpret it. Pasted below is a letter written by Holy Prophet of Islam to Monks in Mt Sinai [Original copy of the letter still in Turkish Museum]
_____
This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

This is one the beautiful teachings of the Holy Prophet [s.a.w].[/b]

So you can see my fellow Xtians that what is needed here is God's wisdom and co-operation from our genuine muslims who practice true islam to rid our nation of this cankerwomrs called boko haram. They are only pursuing self serving purposes and they are an evil wind that does no one any good, either xtians or muslims alike.

MAY GOD HELP US!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by analyticalman: 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2012
these are fools who can't even spell their names.God has already punished them,they will all die painful deaths,Boko Haram,God punish all you.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by lacasa: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2012
VellyG:

See violence written all over you. We r all here to air our views and not to trade words. Well am not surprised coz it doesn't take u guys anytin to shed blood. give ur life to christ

Refer this comment τ̅o Your xtian mugu nt M̶̲̥̅ε̲

Anϑ if Ʊ dnt know, if i dnt believe in christ & all D̶̲̥̅̊ prophets of Allah, i am not a muslim sef.

Dumb ass
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
Find Out!:

Please educate yourself here. Thanks.

9:29 (at tauba) OF QURAN
DOES’NT ENCOURAGE MUSLIMS
TO TERRORISM 9:29 (at tauba) OF QURAN DOES’NT ENCOURAGE MUSLIMS TO TERRORISM With valuable inputs from brother Sami Zaatari of answering-christianity team Verse 9:29 of Surah at-tauba is probably
the intentionally most misinterpreted
verse of the Quran. This is what it says: - “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” S. 9:29 Y. Ali Dear brother mansour, I totally
understand you when you say that this
verse promotes violence on a cursory
glance. But if you read it carefully you’ll
find that it doesn’t. I hope you will be
patient enough to be with me throughout the end of this article. The verse says “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth”. My question to you brother. Does this
verse stop here? No it doesnt. It
continues and gives the actual reason as
to the fighting. This is the continuation: – “until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”. 1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS. This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do
mindless slaughter as the media portrays
or deceives. It gives the Muslims the
permission to fight only those non- Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state
tax. And we all know that jizya is
applicable only in an Islamic state.
Neither India, nor US or Britain are
Islamic states. So to put this verse as an
excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and
unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply. I can show whole verses from other
scriptures that are truly inhuman, yet no
one questions them. Do you want a
sample? Ill give it to you at the end. I
promise. 2. THE VERSE DOES NOT ASK THE MUSLIMS TO DO FORCEFUL CONVERSIONS. Again, the verse permits the muslims to
fight the non –muslims in an islamic state ONLY and ONLY if they refuse to pay the jizya – Willingly . Re-read the verse from ANY translation if you are not sure. But once they pay the jizya tax they can
continue to believe in their atheistic
pagan beliefs, but it will be under an
Islamic state. You can still forgive them
by not forcing them into Islam, nor
oppressing them or being bad to them because of their wrong beliefs. 3. QURAN NEVER SAYS TO KILL THE DISBELIEVERS JUST BECAUSE THEY DISBELIEVE. This is not to you brother coz I consider
you as a truly respectable friend. To
others who read this article – I openly challenge you to show me ONE verse from the Quran which says to kill the disbelievers just because they are disbelievers. There are verses which permit the Muslims to fight and kill non-
Muslims. But every time sensible and
reasonable conditions are laid. I can show
you all verses from other religious
scriptures where slaughtering is done for
reasons that are as silly and stupid as honor, glory and greatness. Sometimes
for fun too. Wait till the end of the article
to have a sample. 4. JIZYA ISN’T A RANSOM OR A BAD THING Coming back to the verse, now people
might say isn’t it unfair that they have to
pay the jizya tax? Not really. Since when is punishment for refusal to pay lawful taxes considered as terrorism? Also, the jizya tax is very cheap and affordable, and
it grants the non-Muslim’s many benefits,
benefits which even the Muslims don’t
get! For instance, the non-Muslims who are paying jizya in an Islamic state are not obliged to take part in any battle or war, unless they themselves choose to, the Muslims do not have this choice. Muslims have to actually burn their asses out to protect both Muslims and non-Muslims living in their lands. Also if the Islamic state cannot grant protection
to the non-Muslims then the non-Muslims
are not obliged to pay the jizya tax, since
Muslims themselves must meet
expectations for the jizya tax to be
implemented. Also, Society today has no problem in paying taxes to the government, so therefore they should have no problem in paying a tax in an Islamic state either. There you go my friend, verse 9:29 doesn’t
encourage the muslims to do terrorism. It
is a perfectly fair and just verse. Just
throw this article on the face of anybody
who tries to misrepresent islam to you in
the future. 5. EVERY AUTHENTIC TRANSLATION OF THE QURAN HAS THE WORD “UNTIL” OR “TILL” IN THE VERSE 9:29 I could lay my hands on 7 different english
translations of the quran and ALL OF THEM HAVE THE CONDITION:- 1. “[And] fight against those who – despite having been vouchsafed
revelation [aforetime] – do not [truly]
believe either in God or the last Day, and
do not consider forbidden that which God
and His Apostle have forbidden, and do
not follow the religion of truth [which God has enjoined upon the], till they [agree to] pay the exemption tax with a willing hand, after having been humbled [in war]” 9:29 Asad’s Translation 2. “Fight those people of the Book (Jews and Christians) who do not believe in
Allah and the Last Day, do not refrain
from what has been prohibited by Allah
and His Rasool and do not embrace the
religion of truth (Al-Islam), until they pay Jizya (protection tax) with their own hands and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29 Malik’s Translation 3. “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden
which hath been forbidden by Allah and
His apostle nor acknowledge the religion
of truth (even if they are) of the People of
the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29 Yusuf Ali’s Translation 4. “Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in
Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that
which Allah hath forbidden by His
messenger, and follow not the religion of
truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.” 9:29 Pickthall’s Translation 5. “Fight against those who believe not in Allâh, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that
which has been forbidden by Allâh and
His Messenger and those who
acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e.
Islâm) among the people of the Scripture
(Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29 Muhsin Khan’s Translation 6. “Fight those People of the Book who do not believe in Allah, nor in the Last Day,
and do not take as unlawful what Allah
and His Messenger have declared as
unlawful, and do not profess the Faith of
Truth; (fight them) until they pay jizyah with their own hands while they are subdued.” 9:29 Mufti Taqi Usmani’s Translation 7. “Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not
consider unlawful what Allah and His
Messenger have made unlawful and who
do not adopt the religion of truth from
those who were given the Scripture –
[fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.” 9:29 Sahih International Translation 6. FIGHTING NEED NOT ALWAYS BE PHYSICAL, IT CAN ALSO BE INTELLECTUAL Finally, people might now say well isn’t
Islam violent because Muslims are
commanded to fight those who do not
believe in God and so on etc etc. Not
really, because fighting in this verse does
not explicitly mean physical violence. Observe the words in the above verses
like “willingly”, “willing submission”, “readily” etc. Here it is spoken about bringing a change from within the hearts of people which is brought about intellectually. There are many ways in which you fight against somebody that
does not involve a physical aspect. You
can fight someone with the tongue, using
your wisdom and telling him about the
truth, you are fighting against the lies
that person is propagating and eventually with your tongue you will speak the truth
and crush his lies leading him to the truth.
So fighting does not have to only be
physical. But alas! We totally over look these things
when we mindlessly base allegations on
the Quran. I never comment on any
religion until I have read and understood
ALL their scriptures. I don’t just google
out some anti-religious sites to come up with instant allegations. This is so unfair. 7. Quick Noble Verses that refute the terrorism LIE in Islam: “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)“ “But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)“ “If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28)“ “God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:cool“ “And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)“ “Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 2:256)“ “Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to God’s will) in Islam. Leave them alone, to enjoy (the good things of this life) and to please themselves: let (false) hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them). (The Noble Quran, 15:2-3)“ “Say, ‘The truth is from your Lord’: Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it):……(The Noble Quran, 18:29)“ “If it had been thy Lord’s will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then COMPEL mankind, against their will, to believe! (The Noble Quran, 10:99)“ “Say: ‘Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that
placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be
on right guidance. The Messenger’s duty is only to preach the clear (Message). (The Noble Quran, 24:54)“ “Say : O ye that reject Faith! I worship not
that which ye worship, Nor will ye
worship that which I worship. And I will
not worship that which ye have been
wont to worship, Nor will ye worship that
which I worship. To you be your Way, and to me mine. (The Noble Quran, 109:1-6)“ I can spend my entire life showing you
verses such as these that are littered
throughout the Quran which throw the lie
of terrorism out of the window. You said “the alleged terrorizing verses”
of the quran are everywhere. i ask you
brother to point out EVERY such verse
from the Quran so that i can clear up the
matter with you. Google them out if you
want. I don’t care. But don’t forget to compare them with what i am going to
show you next. Anyway, since I do have read almost every
available religious scriptures in a way it
should have been read, so ill full fill my
promise that I made at the beginning of
this article and show you all what actual
terrorism is. The following link should expose all that’s required to be exposed
about actual terrorism: - The Terror In The Bible

www.prophetrejectors./929-at-tauba-of-quran-doesnt-encourage-muslims-to-terrorism/

Thanks for ur efforts to clarify those passages. At least u tried to explain it unlike the other fool. No doubt u people need to do a lot of work to educate the hordes of killers and brain-dead muslims who use these verses as the basis for attacking non-Muslims. Unfortunately not a lot seems to be happening in that area, not just in Nigeria but worldwide. Your ref to biblical verses is funny though. What was that about? Are u actually saying Christians, based on the Bible verses, go running around committing terror acts and then claim to do it for God, like Muslims do? Of course some Christians commit crimes here or there, but they don't go saying "In Jesus Name" before blowing up a plane like Muslims do, after chanting "Allah Akbar". It's ur sort of defensive attitude, instead of dealing with the problem within Islam which is threatening everyone. U should focus more on educating ur people. It's killing what u have left of ur religion. That it took 3 consecutive weeks of multiple church bombings to get violent reprisals says it all. Some Christians have their issues, but wanton violence against non-Christians is among the least of them.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by tintingz(m): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
TroGunn:
Thanks for ur efforts to clarify those passages. At least u tried to explain it unlike the other fool. No doubt u people need to do a lot of work to educate the hordes of killers and brain-dead muslims who use these verses as the basis for attacking non-Muslims. Unfortunately not a lot seems to be happening in that area, not just in Nigeria but worldwide. Your ref to biblical verses is funny though. What was that about? Are u actually saying Christians, based on the Bible verses, go running around committing terror acts and then claim to do it for God, like Muslims do? Of course some Christians commit crimes here or there, but they don't go saying "In Jesus Name" before blowing up a plane like Muslims do, after chanting "Allah Akbar". It's ur sort of defensive attitude, instead of dealing with the problem within Islam which is threatening everyone. U should focus more on educating ur people. It's killing what u have left of ur religion. That it took 3 consecutive weeks of multiple church bombings to get violent reprisals says it all. Some Christians have their issues, but wanton violence against non-Christians is among the least of them.
Allahu Akbar? Islam is strongly base on FAITH and SUBMISSION not wen u shout Allahu Akbar and commit crimes, Allah says he is goin to look into our faith and work we did on earth to judge, or do u tink ALLAH NID THE BOWING AND SACRIFICING RAM OR FASTING IN D MONTH OF RAMADAN? What he need is that faith we av in him,,,or u want to tell me pastors dont kill pple for rituals in d name of church and Jesus christ, or the crusaders dont shout ALLELUYA or fight in GOD's name?
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by jackima: 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
Descendants of Ismael why are u troubling the promised Child, Issac.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by frankmoney(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2012
d_momie:
oh shut da 4*** up!!!
& U̶̲̥̅̊ to bastad daughter of a thousnd fathers
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by davies123: 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
Emmy9ite: Please a good muslim should explain what the quaram says in chapter 9 vs. 29....#patiently waiting

Sahih International
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2012
tintingz: Allahu Akbar? Islam is strongly base on FAITH and SUBMISSION not wen u shout Allahu Akbar and commit crimes, Allah says he is goin to look into our faith and work we did on earth to judge, or do u tink ALLAH NID THE BOWING AND SACRIFICING RAM OR FASTING IN D MONTH OF RAMADAN? What he need is that faith we av in him,,,or u want to tell me pastors dont kill pple for rituals in d name of church and Jesus christ, or the crusaders dont shout ALLELUYA or fight in GOD's name?

I see u r still not focusing on the Islamic terrorism which is threatening everyone, instead distracting yourself with 900-year old crusades and fancy stories of pastor ritualists. And as terrible as the Crusades were centuries ago, part of it was in reaction to Muslim aggression. Not that I want to dwell in such history now. But if u want to compare Islam today to the Crusades of the Dark Ages, please knock yourself out.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by sunto: 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2012
Ganys:
Please, Just point to where it says we should kill Christian...
Where is your sense of objectivity here?

i think as a Muslim you should now that Christan and Jews are refare to as people of the book in the quran.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Billygee2u: 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
Honestly,it's high time to show the north that we are totally out and prepared for them.
This time,we must wipe them out completely from the surface of Nigerian soil.Enough is enough.
They should not be deceived because of they were declared winners last Nigeria and Biafran war.This time those that sabotaged Biafra will never try it again. All the western world that fought for the so called Nigeria, will never ever try to fight for the North again.
This time it is Igbos v Hausas and the entire land of Nigeria will surfer the outcome.
We know what their leaders are planning with Boko Haram.
President Jonathan,be careful ,we the Igbos will not be happy to loose you to the dirty and useless Hausas who used their 38years of reign to loot Nigeria treasury, only to marry uncountable wives and under age girls ,only to give births to Almajiris and dump them in the streets.This Boko Harams, are their product of illiteracy and corruption.
The battle line has been drawn.
Igbo youth leaders,please, circulate the information any Igbo person outside Nigeria can send money to support you people for the preparation against the Hausas.
We should remember that the late Ikemba Ojukwu did it alone before,now let's join hands together and do it perfectly this time.United we stand.
I hereby advice the Igbo youth president, to call back all the Igbos living in the north with immediate effect.
Thanks Igbos,
Long live Igbos
Long live Biafra.
Igbos will conquer .
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Billygee2u: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
Honestly,it's high time to show the north that we are totally out and prepared for them.
This time,we must wipe them out completely from the surface of Nigerian soil.Enough is enough.
They should not be deceived because of they were declared winners last Nigeria and Biafran war.This time those that sabotaged Biafra will never try it again. All the western world that fought for the so called Nigeria, will never ever try to fight for the North again.
This time it is Igbos v Hausas and the entire land of Nigeria will surfer the outcome.
We know what their leaders are planning with Boko Haram.
President Jonathan,be careful ,we the Igbos will not be happy to loose you to the dirty and useless Hausas who used their 38years of reign to loot Nigeria treasury, only to marry uncountable wives and under age girls ,only to give births to Almajiris and dump them in the streets.This Boko Harams, are their product of illiteracy and corruption.
The battle line has been drawn.
Igbo youth leaders,please, circulate the information any Igbo person outside Nigeria can send money to support you people for the preparation against the Hausas.
We should remember that the late Ikemba Ojukwu did it alone before,now let's join hands together and do it perfectly this time.United we stand.
I hereby advice the Igbo youth president, to call back all the Igbos living in the north with immediate effect.
Thanks Igbos,
Long live Igbos
Long live Biafra.
Igbos will conquer .
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
kheart: jesus says in d bibe dat he did not come to the world with peace but wit sword. are u a real xtian? Guess na una type go be fuel for hell, just qoutin from ur bible.
Lol it's syd, a litle learning's a dangerous tin, drink deep or taste nt d persian spring. If u wnt 2 read d bible, read it through & understand wat it means need u nt b deceived. Mathew 10: 34-39 speaks of how people wil turn against a christian because of his decision 2 follow Christ, it's a warnin 2 all Christians of how d "world" would hate them cos of their faith, it can b seen its true & evident with boko haram all over. Lets see wat the Holy Bible says "...34. Do nt think I'v com 2 bring peace to the world(NB. Jesus ment world in aspect of wat d world desires, he did nt bring wat the world would want, world stands for people of earthly and sinfull nature,). No, I didnt com 2 bring peace but a sword" (now that is where most muslims are interested in, their sinful mind would nt let them finish the readin, but lets continue) "...35. I came 2 set sons against their fathers(just like a muslim boy tryin to turn to followin Christ, he will be an enemy with his father), daughters against their mothers(same example applies), ...36. Your worst enemis will be the members of your own family(are we not seeing it? If any muslim decides to follow christ, his\her worst enemy would be from his family). 37. Those who luv their parent more than me are nt fit to be my disciples(here Christ is tryin to tell us that we hav a decision to follow him or not, it should nt depend on our parents belives or what they want, cos its a decision each one takes for him/herself and nt from wat his parent wishes), those who love their children more than me are nt fit to be my disciples(same applies).38 those who dont take up their cross and follow in my steps are not fit to be my disciples(it talks abt sacrificin ur self, leavin ur personal earthly desires and followin christ, even in a time of boko haram) .39 those who try to gain their own life will lose it (here, we see that ur life is nt urs both God's so if anyone thinks he alone has power to live, then he/she should know that christ can take it at anytime), but those who loose their life 4 my sake will gain it(it speaks of christians who stood their ground despite persecution, such christians like Stephen, christian who do nt deny christ even when killed by boko harams, then Christ shall give them life, which is life eternal, by his side). It can be seem that in the whole of this verse, on no account did Christ urge his followers to lift up their swords and kill, and on no account did Christ said that christians should fight and kill non christians for his sake. This verse is a clear message of hope, tellin christians of the troubles they'll face and how they should hold on to their faith in Christ. So my fellow brethren lets hold on to Christ, for he is able to fight for us.
NB all the words in bracket are nt in the bible but my explanations.
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
@ TINTINZ,

OGA WHAT IS THE OBVIOUS DIFFFERNCE BTW MUSLIM AND ISLAM?
COS U SAID MUSLIM NOT ISLAM
Re: Boko Haram Wants All Christians To Convert To Islam by crisiss98: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
dude just because of two person all the name of Muslims are getting spoilt wat the f angry this is so not fair

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Strange Gift Of N585m House Landed Jonathan’s Chief Of Staff In Trouble / Imoke To PDP Members: Ben Ayade Was A Mistake, Please Forgive Me / Dino Melaye Happy Over Divorce Filed By His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.