Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity (13739 Views)

Agatu Massacre: Victims Accuse Buhari’s Govt Of Insensitivity - VANGUARD / NNPC Raises Import As Kaduna, P'harcourt Refineries Remain Shut / Oby Ezekwesili Slams Aisha Alhassan 4 Her Insensitivity 2 Chibok Girls Plight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Pataki: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2012
oddy4real:
Dumbest post I have ever come across on NL

Oh erudite one! (ode4real), please, pray tell, what makes that post you quoted as the dumbest post ever on NL? If you ignorant self deluded gnats cannot refute posts intellectually, but rather go about throwing insults all in the name of trying to appear intelligent, you are DUMB!
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Rastamann: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2012
Does it make any difference whether he is travels or not? Whenever he was around in the country, what did he do?
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by kokoA(m): 10:12am On Jun 20, 2012
****** GEJ currently dancing azonto and singing tuface in a brazilian hotel room @ Nigerians *** as you see me so, i no send you o.... Dat one no mean say no d wish you well ooo.. As you see me so edumare don bless me oooo... Singing along**** Patience, Abati and co joins in chorus ****** eh eh eh eh our Jona ohhh, Jona oooo *** grin Nigerians we are on our own .. grin
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by funkymedina: 10:39am On Jun 20, 2012
Una dey here dey tear pant , GEJ and Patience oyibo talker dey jollificate for Brazil. She go fit buy original Brazillian hair, una dey here dey talk of few people wey die. Jona go see Obama and maybe even shake im hand sef u dey here dey talk say Yobe dey burn. GEJ say pray if people still dey die den it mean say una no pray well. Na ur fault Wetin you wan make di man do? Summon the police chief, address di nation , try and make sure people tink sey im dey in charge? una dey craze. Is he GOD?
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by 1025: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2012
So because of some disillusioned fellows up north, the President should be held down from an important international event that has been planned for long to open opportunity for business in Nigeria.
Next time they will wait for an event to cause confusion.

@itbomb,
if the northerners are disillusioned like u said, what about those been killed? misillusioned or pisillusioned? since they have been flying up and down, how many business opportunities have they brought to nigeria? do u think those foreigners are disillusioned too? do you expect them to bring in their hard earned funds into a boko haram ridden jungle? listen and listen attentively. the best way to woe foreign investor to ur country is by making your country conducive for investments. in a country where bribery and corruption are part of our constitution, boko haram fly human bodies like papers and the govt is busy stealing from the masses. no normal person that thinks right will ever come here.
if jonathan likes, let him take all of us here on nairaland to all the countries of this world, nothing will change.
any man that does not know how to put his country in order is not worth been in those meetings. if you don't know, they are just inviting him because of our oil as that is the only good thing that can come out of this jungle.
sometimes i ask, why won't such flights act dana and reduce corruption in this country?
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by kutchs: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2012
Can anyone suggest what should be done to stop Boko haram? All I have read here is why GEJ shouldnt travel to Brazil, how securing the lives of Nigerians is his primary duty and how he is not doing that. Can someone sincerely suggest what GEJ should do as the C-IN-C.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by kokoA(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2012
kutchs: Can anyone suggest what should be done to stop Boko haram? All I have read here is why GEJ shouldnt travel to Brazil, how securing the lives of Nigerians is his primary duty and how he is not doing that. Can someone sincerely suggest what GEJ should do as the C-IN-C.
stay in the country, call a meeting of security cheifs, instruct abati to fill the condolence letter tempelate on his laptop, read out the letter to Nigerians, visit affected areas, shed tears, assure Nigerians that he knows people who are behind the act, go back to aso rock and eat cassava bread with abakiliki rice worth 1billion naira.. grin how about that? grin mtcheeeew, na me go tell am wetin to do? What are his advisers paid millions to do?
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by OmoLisabi(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2012
This is the result of fresh air
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by kutchs: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2012
@KokoA I asked for useful suggestions not stupid ones. Tnx anyway, shows the quality of followership we have in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Spykid77(m): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2012
nairalady: i dnt think he (GEJ) is wrong here
Well, kip thinking my dia, shebi ur state is bokoharam free? But trust me, it wont be 4 long!
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Bernou72: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2012
Bosuntop: Either you believe it or not jona is not competent...i advise him to resign..Nigeria can not be rule by a primary school class captain.His brain is too cheap...

Why Una no talk like this during OBJ & Y'adua, cos Jonathan is from minority. Every dick wey no fit clean yash de insult am. naija never boil yet. Jonathan 2015 or we break into 4 countries.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Pukkah: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2012
The truth is that Jonathan rode to power on the back of an enormous goodwill which has been frittered away by his lack of substance and competence. He is simply not a man of ideas. You're free to defend Jonathan till eternity but the fact remains that there are clear security problems which are threatening to swallow the country. He appears gentle but he obviously lacks dynamism, speed, and grit.

So far, he's yet to come to grips with the security problem, not to talk of the solution. The late Yar'Adua could have whined and cried about the Niger Delta militancy which he inherited from the Obasanjo administration. He, or his lackeys, could have played the ethnic card that southerners or Niger Deltans were out to make the country ungovernable for him. But sick as he was, he nevertheless came up with the idea of amnesty for the militants and the Niger Delta Ministry. Whether or not you liked Yar'adua, the amnesty idea went a long way to douse the tension in the area. Ironically, the Jonathan government is not even handling the amnesty programme well.

Which single idea has the Jonathan administration come up with other than exasperating platitudes like 'we are sad', 'we are praying', 'it will soon go away', it will end in June', etc. At least a leader must be seen to be doing something decisive and progressive instead of the routine of sending out soldiers and policemen each time a bomb blast predictably goes off. What single problem has President Jonathan solved? Does he not know about the 'low hanging fruits'? What is his government doing differently?

Mark my words - the Jonathan government will continue to sit on its hands until yet another blast goes off. Again, people will cry and the social media will go abuzz. His lackeys and lapdogs will jump up, unthinkingly, to the defence of their paymaster while his critics will repeat the acerbic tongue-lashing. Is this how we will continue?

For President Jonathan to achieve results in any sector, he must do things in a different way. Is he willing to do it? Is he able to do it? Can he do it? Right now, the nation is adrift and hungry for purposeful leadership. The people are discouraged and beleaguered, and the initial high hopes they hitched on Jonathan, on the back of that enormous goodwill, are fast evaporating by the day.

As they say, half a word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Pukkah: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2012
Bernou72:

Why Una no talk like this during OBJ & Y'adua, cos Jonathan is from minority. Every dick wey no fit clean yash de insult am. naija never boil yet. Jonathan 2015 or we break into 4 countries.

You must either be speaking tongue in cheek or must have been too young during the administrations of Yar'Adua and OBJ to be saying this. Alternatively, you must be an ethnic bigot to be seeing the issues of performance from the narrow prism of tribalism.

And did I just read from you that Nigerians did not insult Yar'Adua, even though he was sick? I guess we are talking about two different countries here. You were also so insensitive to the extent of glibly saying that 'naija never boil yet'. embarassed What kind of person are you? Oh, so you want it to boil more than this? Do you mind being cooked inside the boiling cauldron?
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by kokoA(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
kutchs: @KokoA I asked for useful suggestions not stupid ones. Tnx anyway, shows the quality of followership we have in Nigeria.
sir, I am a citizen of Nigeria and I have the right to be protected by my government which GEJ promised to do. I is not my business to know how he does that because he has people around him who should advice him and these people are paid with 'my money'(tax). But if after all these, i don't get the protection which I pay for and deserve to have by right, then whoever promised to offer me that do not deserve to called my president. Until GEJ and his cohorts understands this, things will remain as they are. The citizens of USA don't give a rat-azz about what measures Obama is taking to secure them because its none of their business, it is their right.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by ochukoccna: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
Pukkah: The truth is that Jonathan rode to power on the back of an enormous goodwill which has been frittered away by his lack of substance and competence. He is simply not a man of ideas. You're free to defend Jonathan till eternity but the fact remains that there are clear security problems which are threatening to swallow the country. He appears gentle but he obviously lacks dynamism, speed, and grit.

So far, he's yet to come to grips with the security problem, not to talk of the solution. The late Yar'Adua could have whined and cried about the Niger Delta militancy which he inherited from the Obasanjo administration. He, or his lackeys, could have played the ethnic card that southerners or Niger Deltans were out to make the country ungovernable for him. But sick as he was, he nevertheless came up with the idea of amnesty for the militants and the Niger Delta Ministry. Whether or not you liked Yar'adua, the amnesty idea went a long way to douse the tension in the area. Ironically, the Jonathan government is not even handling the amnesty programme well.

Which single idea has the Jonathan administration come up with other than exasperating platitudes like 'we are sad', 'we are praying', 'it will soon go away', it will end in June', etc. At least a leader must be seen to be doing something decisive and progressive instead of the routine of sending out soldiers and policemen each time a bomb blast predictably goes off. What single problem has President Jonathan solved? Does he not know about the 'low hanging fruits'? What is his government doing differently?

Mark my words - the Jonathan government will continue to sit on its hands until yet another blast goes off. Again, people will cry and the social media will go abuzz. His lackeys and lapdogs will jump up, unthinkingly, to the defence of their paymaster while his critics will repeat the acerbic tongue-lashing. Is this how we will continue?

For President Jonathan to achieve results in any sector, he must do things in a different way. Is he willing to do it? Is he able to do it? Can he do it? Right now, the nation is adrift and hungry for purposeful leadership. The people are discouraged and beleaguered, and the initial high hopes they hitched on Jonathan, on the back of that enormous goodwill, are fast evaporating by the day.

+ infinity
1 of the most unbiased posts I've read on NL for a long,long time wink wink wink

topic, view some pictures from KD again and decide on your own if Ebele jetting out to Rio is insensitive or not

Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
kokoA: sir, I am a citizen of Nigeria and I have the right to be protected by my government which GEJ promised to do. [size=13pt]It is not my business to know how he does that because he has people around him who should advice him and these people are paid with 'my money'(tax). But if after all these, i don't get the protection which I pay for and deserve to have by right, then whoever promised to offer me that do not deserve to called my president. Until GEJ and his cohorts understands this, things will remain as they are. The citizens of USA don't give a rat-azz about what measures Obama is taking to secure them because its none of their business, it is their right.[/size]

This message should be more for the Nigerian people, than for those in Government at this time. Nigerians DO NOT UNDERSTAND their right as citizens and so they do not DEMAND the CHANGE they deserve.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by ubandire(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]if only our military get mind like the "original generals" sad evrything don backslide for naija[/size]

Was about taking u serious till I saw your username,now realised u are either SAD or u are a SADIST.go take care of yourself cos you are frustrated,the military are not the dumb asses u think take them for,they are smarter than u.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by ubandire(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
Pukkah: The truth is that Jonathan rode to power on the back of an enormous goodwill which has been frittered away by his lack of substance and competence. He is simply not a man of ideas. You're free to defend Jonathan till eternity but the fact remains that there are clear security problems which are threatening to swallow the country. He appears gentle but he obviously lacks dynamism, speed, and grit.

A well thought out and cooked up piece contrary to some contributions that make me wonder how the posters manage to use the DEVICE.In as much as I applaud the piece I wouldn't also fail to point out some grey areas,which I would like to sought out,credit should be given to the yardua administration for tackling the Niger Delta crisis,let's leave out the unseen and uncelebrated hands that made it work for now,one fact remains the militants had a face unlike the boko haram.
If u can recall sometime in 2009 there was heavy showdown in maidugri Borno state,which lasted for about 3days between members of the dreaded sect and the Nigerian security agents,which left over 700 dead including sect's spiritual leader and founder Mohammed Yusuf,remember yardua was president then,and the few imes they have managed to state their anger,they always point to the killing of yusuf.Everyone knows the group got more violent and deadlier after this Yusuf killing.
What I now want to ask is why did Yaradua not nip it in the bud then?Did President Gej not inherit a more dangerous B/H from Yaradua?Did the Niger Delta millitants not make their intentions and targets known from the onset?why has boko haram not come to the negotiation table upon the fact that GEJ administration has made itself available for it so many times?why have the Northern leaders and Govs been relatively quiet when it comes to condemning the acts of this group?Why would the people of maidugri who live these people live among and who are used as human shields not co operating with security agencies?why is that B/H does not have a face?
In the case of Niger Delta which u cited,they came to dialogue with the FG cos they had an case the govt saw reasons with them and negotiated,and of course we know that without the intervention of people like GEJ then VP,Timi Alaibe,Edwin Clark etc,Yaradua wouldn't have made an inroad into the Niger Delta and we would have still been n the trenches,which Northern leader has made himself available to talk to this sect?all they do is critisize to score cheap political points and undermine this administration.
My friend we have a complex insecurity situation on our hands which if not well tackled in the' RIGHT WAY'would escalate more than we can ever imagine,@least u saw what happened after Yaradua killed Yusuf and Buji foi,the offshoot is what we are suffering now.We live in very dangerous times and every good Nigerian should be very prayerful,thoughtful and proffer solutions if u have any,surely not a time for trading blames and playing politics with the lives of fellow Nigerians.Thanks once again for ur nice piece.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Pukkah: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
ubandire:

A well thought out and cooked up piece contrary to some contributions that make me wonder how the posters manage to use the DEVICE.In as much as I applaud the piece I wouldn't also fail to point out some grey areas,which I would like to sought out,credit should be given to the yardua administration for tackling the Niger Delta crisis,let's leave out the unseen and uncelebrated hands that made it work for now,one fact remains the militants had a face unlike the boko haram.
If u can recall sometime in 2009 there was heavy showdown in maidugri Borno state,which lasted for about 3days between members of the dreaded sect and the Nigerian security agents,which left over 700 dead including sect's spiritual leader and founder Mohammed Yusuf,remember yardua was president then,and the few imes they have managed to state their anger,they always point to the killing of yusuf.Everyone knows the group got more violent and deadlier after this Yusuf killing.
What I now want to ask is why did Yaradua not nip it in the bud then?Did President Gej not inherit a more dangerous B/H from Yaradua?Did the Niger Delta millitants not make their intentions and targets known from the onset?why has boko haram not come to the negotiation table upon the fact that GEJ administration has made itself available for it so many times?why have the Northern leaders and Govs been relatively quiet when it comes to condemning the acts of this group?Why would the people of maidugri who live these people live among and who are used as human shields not co operating with security agencies?why is that B/H does not have a face?
In the case of Niger Delta which u cited,they came to dialogue with the FG cos they had an case the govt saw reasons with them and negotiated,and of course we know that without the intervention of people like GEJ then VP,Timi Alaibe,Edwin Clark etc,Yaradua wouldn't have made an inroad into the Niger Delta and we would have still been n the trenches,which Northern leader has made himself available to talk to this sect?all they do is critisize to score cheap political points and undermine this administration.
My friend we have a complex insecurity situation on our hands which if not well tackled in the' RIGHT WAY'would escalate more than we can ever imagine,@least u saw what happened after Yaradua killed Yusuf and Buji foi,the offshoot is what we are suffering now.We live in very dangerous times and every good Nigerian should be very prayerful,thoughtful and proffer solutions if u have any,surely not a time for trading blames and playing politics with the lives of fellow Nigerians.Thanks once again for ur nice piece.

I only used the case of amnesty as an example and was not necessarily drawing a straight parallel between Niger Delta militants and this Boko Haram menace. One thing is clear, there WILL always be problems facing any country and the leadership at those different times and circumstances should rise to the occasion and proffer solutions. Again, they should proffer solutions. Let's be realistic, apart from proferring solutions there is nothing else they can do.

It is in not proferring the solutions that I have an issue with President Jonathan. Let me give you a few examples no matter how arguable they are.

How about installing bomb detectors at all entry points in the towns that have become black spots? How about declaring a state of emergency in one or two states? How about installing CCTV cameras in some of those towns? How about training a set of crack detectives and intelligence offices that focus only on counter-terrorism? How about working on the tips that all those that have been arrested so far have provided? How about ensuring total surveillance of all 'suspects'/suspected financiers or instigators? How about creating dedicated lines for whistle blowers?

How about offering carrots/incentives to those who are ready to volunteer information? How about shutting down the borders of Nigeria with Chad and Niger? How about convening a Conference, whether sovereign or not, to enable all ethnic nationalities state their grievances? How about getting banks and telephone companies to provide information on funds transfers and phone calls/logs? How about using satellites? How about....? The list can go on if we are ready to come up with more...yes, we'll throw out some and retain some but there must be a way.

The bottomline is that is there a solution to this problem? Yes or No? Who is going to proffer the solution? Of course it is the leadership? Who is at the head of the leadership? It is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the Commander-in-Chief of Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Anyway, I thank you and ochukoccna for the kind words. smiley
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by jaybee(f): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2012
DaLover:

Thats is why you are passively supporting the bombings, so the president will not be able to carry out his functions..and then you will come out to screem at any action he takes...what do you expect from his presence...try and make sence once in a while

1. what is the function of president? read the 1999 nigerian constitution Chapter II, 13(b) the security and welfare of the people shall be the primary purpose of government

2. is the president's globe trotting at this critical period amounting to improving the security and welfare of the people? definitely not

3. what do we expect from his presence? we don't need his presence; we need his action. he must not only take action he must be seen taking action.

@DaLover when there was plane crash of which about 160 people died, (in past tense) the president postponed his state duties, when he can do nothing to salvage their lives. he even went to iju to shed tears openly. now that countless people are being killed when he has the power to stop it, he fly out to attend a meeting of leaders whose countries are in good shape. is that what you define as the president's function? is that what he is elected to do?
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by ogbeidejude: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2012
I am very much aware that the opposition was waiting for the president to put on uniform on his way to kaduna and yobe before they can go back to their confused homes happy. Does he really need to do that as a president? When a national disaster occurred as a result of the Dana plain crash, all state functions were cancelled. Do we really know if travelling outside the country for state functions was part of it? Why take on him now? I am sure the sponsors of boko haram and their supporters will be happy that the trip was cancelled as an aim to distabilise this nation, divide us and distract the president. It is regretable that the bombings occurred that sunday that claimed lives in kaduna and yobe state. People responsible for this dark act should stop, we should beg them rather than facing the president. We should stop celebrating this bombers. All attention should be pointed at bringing this evil men out for justice to take its course. The trip is of great importance to this nation. That I can assure you all. The president is not a loud mouthed politician like the opposition. These boko haram group will be brought to an end soon. No one knew the plans of Barrack Obama before he killed Bin Ladin. I am sure the president is in top gear to apprehending this group. Let's keep the flag of unity, solution, progressiveness and objectiveness flying. We shall get there soon.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by Witi(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
I wish a bloodless coup can happen 2nite. Chei, shege, hiss, kai.
Re: Jonathan Off To Brazil As Kaduna, Yobe Burn: Height Of Insensitivity by nsiadi: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
hillsate:

Another regional biased person on the loose!
Guy, let me educate you a little.
The first, primary and most important function of the GEJ is to ensure the security of life and properties of his subjects which obviously he has not started yet. So what other functions are you talking about?
FYI, i do not support the bombings passively or actively.

What do i expect from his presence?
Read my previous post again.

The cardinal aim of BH & sponsors is to embarrass the govt
The govt should not be cowed. Nooooo
Activities of the govt must not be paralyzed.
Architect Sambo is part of them---let him handle his people. He understands the language

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: No More Automatic Ticket In APC / COVID-19: Bala Mohammed Recovers, Tests Negative / Killing Of Farmers: Ekiti To Create Ranching For Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.