Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (481691 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2018
grin
SOLACE1206:
Any Idea on Italian government grant scholarship
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Phenmeson(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2018
Imustreturn:
explain

I email the consular but no reply till date
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nuche: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2018
Please if preenrollment is N20800, how much does legalization cost?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2018
Nuche:
Please if preenrollment is N20800, how much does legalization cost?
school documents free. Other documents like affidavit and attestation of age hold like 20k

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Sakaslim(m): 9:58am On Jun 06, 2018
Imustreturn:
school documents free. Other documents like affidavit and attestation of age hold like 20k
. Bros please ehn..did you translate your school documents to italian?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nuche: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2018
SOLACE1206:
Any Idea on Italian government grant scholarship

Were you shortlisted for the scholarship or you just want to find out how to apply?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 10:25am On Jun 06, 2018
Sakaslim:
. Bros please ehn..did you translate your school documents to italian?
everything translated
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by SOLACE1206: 10:29am On Jun 06, 2018
Nuche:

Were you shortlisted for the scholarship or you just want to find out how to apply?

My Brother was shortlisted, do you know anything about it
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nuche: 10:42am On Jun 06, 2018
SOLACE1206:

My Brother was shortlisted, do you know anything about it

I was also shortlisted. What would you like to know?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by SOLACE1206: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=Nuche post=68226448]

I was also shortlisted. What would you like to know?[/q

Reply my DM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by wakanda123: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2018
please i would like to know if anyone knows the approved translator in abuja which is recognized by the italian embassy, also i have my NPC birth certificate do i still need an affidavit.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by lordbjizzi(m): 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have an appointment for legalization and pre-enrollment at the Consulate next Monday. And I have collected all my documents, translated them and attested them at the MOE and MFA in Abuja. I attested COPIES and ORIGINALS of all my documents, except the NPC birth certificate for which I only attested version of the original (BUT NOT THE PHOTOCOPY).

I did not attest a photocopy of the NPC birth certificate because the person who attended to me at the MFA told me that they can't attest it since the MOE did not already attest it, but from the stories I have been reading, it seems the Consulate requires it. Please, is there someone here who was able to complete his legalization and pre-enrollment without an attested photocopy of the birth certificate? Do you think the Consulate will insist on this document? This is the only document I am missing and I do not want to go to Abuja for just this one if the Consulate will not insist on it.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
lordbjizzi:
Hello everyone,

I have an appointment for legalization and pre-enrollment at the Consulate next Monday. And I have collected all my documents, translated them and attested them at the MOE and MFA in Abuja. I attested COPIES and ORIGINALS of all my documents, except the NPC birth certificate for which I only attested version of the original (BUT NOT THE PHOTOCOPY).

I did not attest a photocopy of the NPC birth certificate because the person who attended to me at the MFA told me that they can't attest it since the MOE did not already attest it, but from the stories I have been reading, it seems the Consulate requires it. Please, is there someone here who was able to complete his legalization and pre-enrollment without an attested photocopy of the birth certificate? Do you think the Consulate will insist on this document? This is the only document I am missing and I do not want to go to Abuja for just this one if the Consulate will not insist on it.
oyo grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Cent24(m): 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
Imustreturn:
oyo grin
Why na?

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Cent24(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
lordbjizzi:
Hello everyone,

You are good to if you have attested the original NPC but if you didn't attest it, run now to Abuja and get it done.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
Cent24:
Why na?
everything need one photocopy each nah. Shey u know na
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by evanstical: 12:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Do one need to attest the translated copies?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 6:23am On Jun 07, 2018
evanstical:
Do one need to attest the translated copies?
no
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by evanstical: 7:41am On Jun 07, 2018
Imustreturn:
no
Thanks bro,and please do you know if private schools need to do all this translation, pre-enrolment and evaluation stuff. A friend said he didn't pass through this stuffs when he applied for visa.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 8:39am On Jun 07, 2018
evanstical:

Thanks bro,and please do you know if private schools need to do all this translation, pre-enrolment and evaluation stuff. A friend said he didn't pass through this stuffs when he applied for visa.
its not needed. But I hope they don't require it now that too many things has changed.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Beibelicious: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2018
Hi. For those who got appointments to pre-enroll and legalize their docs, which phone number did you call? I tried calling the number on the website, no response and I haven't gotten a response to about 5 emails I have sent from April to June.
lordbjizzi:
Hello everyone,

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Beibelicious: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2018
I guess only a few people got invited for the interview.
Nuche:

I was also shortlisted. What would you like to know?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by lordbjizzi(m): 11:12am On Jun 07, 2018
Beibelicious:
Hi. For those who got appointments to pre-enroll and legalize their docs, which phone number did you call? I tried calling the number on the website, no response and I haven't gotten a response to about 5 emails I have sent from April to June.

Ha, no be small thing o. Before I got an appointment, my eyes see fire!! In early May, I sent them two emails, spaced about a week apart, but I didn't get any response. So, in the last week of May, I upped the ante and started emailing them everyday from two different email accounts! In fact, last week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I sent them like 8 emails daily (and I tell you, I am not exaggerating)!!

I also called them on this number 08188268203 countless times. Most times, they didn't pick up. Last week Wednesday, they finally picked up and when I explained to the lady that I have been sending them emails to book an appointment for legalisation for over one month but haven't got any reply, she said they've been responding to all the emails they have received, that if I haven't got a response by now, then they didn't receive my emails. (I was like "Shooo?! You didn't receive over 20 emails that I have sent?!! There is God o" shocked shocked) She asked me to tell her the email I've been sending the messages to. I told her, and it was the correct one. She then asked for my name and said she'd check.

I did not believe that they hadn't received my messages because in all the emails I sent them, I always added myself in the bcc, and the messages got delivered to me. So I called her back immediately to suggest that she check their spam box too, but she snapped at me that why am I calling her again, that do I want to be teaching her her job?! (I was like "Issokay"wink Eventually they replied this Monday (three days ago) and asked me to come next week Monday.

Lesson of the long story: when you are dealing with the Italian Consulate in Lagos, always remember that opportunity does not come knocking at your door, instead it presents itself when you beat down their door!

Good luck to you!!

2 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by cooliyk2(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2018
Please how do I apply for the scholarship?

Nuche:

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Beibelicious: 11:30am On Jun 07, 2018
Thanks so much
lordbjizzi:

Ha, no be small thing o. Before I got an appointment, my eyes see fire!! In early May, I sent them two emails, spaced about a week apart, but I didn't get any response. So, in the last week of May, I upped the ante and started emailing them everyday from two different email accounts! In fact, last week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I sent them like 8 emails daily (and I tell you, I am not exaggerating)!!

I also called them on this number 08188268203 countless times. Most times, they didn't pick up. Last week Wednesday, they finally picked up and when I explained to the lady that I have been sending them emails to book an appointment for legalisation for over one month but haven't got any reply, she said they've been responding to all the emails they have received, that if I haven't got a response by now, then they didn't receive my emails. (I was like "Shooo?! You didn't receive over 20 emails that I have sent?!! There is God o" shocked shocked) She asked me to tell her the email I've been sending the messages to. I told her, and it was the correct one. She then asked for my name and said she'd check.

I did not believe that they hadn't received my messages because in all the emails I sent them, I always added myself in the bcc, and the messages got delivered to me. So I called her back immediately to suggest that she check their spam box too, but she snapped at me that why am I calling her again, that do I want to be teaching her her job?! (I was like "Issokay"wink Eventually they replied this Monday (three days ago) and asked me to come next week Monday.

Lesson of the long story: when you are dealing with the Italian Consulate in Lagos, always remember that opportunity does not come knocking at your door, instead it presents itself when you beat down their door!

Good luck to you!!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nuche: 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
cooliyk2:
Please how do I apply for the scholarship?

The deadline for the scholarship application for 2018 was on April 30. The next round will be next year.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by wakanda123: 1:40am On Jun 08, 2018
please i would like to know if anyone knows the approved translator in abuja which is recognized by the italian embassy.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Phenmeson(m): 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
I wish Nig documents can be legalize in other Italian embassy in Europe because taking the documents to Italian embassy in Lagos, their is high tendency that the documents 'Nig police report ' will be expired before sending it abroad because of the 3months validity on it. Have email & call them several times
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by sudo1986: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2018
I applied for Italy Government Scholarship and I've not heard anything from them. My application status still shows SENT. Does that mean I am not shortlisted or what. I will soon start pre enrolment in my school and their is no enough cash to sponsor myself to Italy oo.
Meanwhile, I dont think there will be opportunity to work in that country with student visa. Someone should please enlighten me. I've not take any step. Someone should please direct me. My school is Ca'Foscari University of Venice, Italy

Meanwhile, when I login and check my application details, this is what i saw

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Imustreturn(m): 7:29am On Jun 13, 2018
sudo1986:
I applied for Italy Government Scholarship and I've not heard anything from them. My application status still shows SENT. Does that mean I am not shortlisted or what. I will soon start pre enrolment in my school and their is no enough cash to sponsor myself to Italy oo.
Meanwhile, I dont think there will be opportunity to work in that country with student visa. Someone should please enlighten me. I've not take any step. Someone should please direct me. My school is Ca'Foscari University of Venice, Italy

u were not shortlisted if so.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nuche: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2018
sudo1986:

In the picture you attached, the statement at the end that says 'YOU ARE ALREADY A GRANTEE' is actually a question you answered during the application process. I don't think you were shortlisted, but don't despair. I believe in Ca'Foscari, they offer internal scholarships, internships and some job opportunities. You only need to do more research.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.