Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (481201 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 4:11pm On May 13, 2017
ayooluniran:
Update: @smithsydny so I called the contact you gave me. he agreed 20k for certifying 6 docs at the MOE and MFA. Though I'll send the documents to him via these Abuja transporters. I guess that price is ok.

I even just remembered I didn't count my transcripts, that makes it 8 docs (but 9 pages).

Primary school certificate (affidavit actually, cos my primary school misplaced it), ssce, bsc certificate, msc certificate, b.sc transcript (2 pages), msc transcript.

Thanks guys, this thread has actually been more useful than the italian website or contact phone lines
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2017
@ all. Another question please. At the point of submitting doc's to the embassy for legalisation, do I get to keep my originals? If I have to submit my originals as well, then I'd rather back out of the whole process. I'll be submitting the docs for legalisation in the last week in may. Considering the amount of time legalisation takes, It might disrupt some of my other plans in which I will need my originals latest first work day of july

I also learnt the visa fee is free for students.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 13, 2017
[quote author=ayooluniran post=56487256][/quote] u don't need any primary school cert. Remove it bros

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 13, 2017
ayooluniran:
@ all. Another question please. At the point of submitting doc's to the embassy for legalisation, do I get to keep my originals? If I have to submit my originals as well, then I'd rather back out of the whole process. I'll be submitting the docs for legalisation in the last week in may. Considering the amount of time legalisation takes, It might disrupt some of my other plans in which I will need my originals latest first work day of july

brother visa is about 11500 last year oo. May this year as dov increase fit be like 13k.. grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Dbubu: 5:07pm On May 13, 2017
smithsydny:
she's at ikoyi now?
Sorry, I meant formerly. She's at Onikan now. She'll send her address when you contact her. I no longer have it.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by EmanA1928(m): 5:23pm On May 13, 2017
ayooluniran:

Good evening. Are you also geting your london degree certified, translated and legalised in Nigeria? would have thought that since it was obtained in the UK, it should be done there. Or is it permissible? Asking because I am in a similar shoe and wondering how to proceed. thanks
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 5:33pm On May 13, 2017
smithsydny:
brother visa is about 11500 last year oo. May this year as dov increase fit be like 13k.. grin

Lol. I dey bobo myself.

Do I have to submit the original documents/certificates when submitting for legalisation? , or just the certified and translated copies? Can't leave the originals for them to keep it for the 6-7weeks needed for legalisation.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 5:38pm On May 13, 2017
EmanA1928:

Good evening. Are you also geting your london degree certified, translated and legalised in Nigeria? would have thought that since it was obtained in the UK, it should be done there. Or is it permissible? Asking because I am in a similar shoe and wondering how to proceed. thanks

Yes. I think you could PM @smithsydny. He'll give you a contact you can call. I was told that as long as tou have the original certificate and transcript, it can be done in abuja. Though I'm still trying to do ma findings. I'll keep you updated
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 13, 2017
ayooluniran:

Lol. I dey bobo myself.

Do I have to submit the original documents/certificates when submitting for legalisation? , or just the certified and translated copies? Can't leave the originals for them to keep it for the 6-7weeks needed for legalisation.
if u can't keep everything with them to get your dov. U will have to provide your dov yourself grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 13, 2017
Dbubu:

Sorry, I meant formerly. She's at Onikan now. She'll send her address when you contact her. I no longer have it.
I don't have number again. Oo.. Abeg send am to ASAP..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 13, 2017
Please lemme ask a question oo.. The London guys are u going for phd ? Did you get admission for the PhD? So I know what to advice oo.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 3:36am On May 14, 2017
smithsydny:
if u can't keep everything with them to get your dov. U will have to provide your dov yourself grin
:
grin I confirmed that grin cheesy grin

The guy that works at the embassy told me it could take between 3-5 months. I asked if a fast track is possible.....he said yes.....that it could take about a month......but it's not guaranteed and you go cough out some change Mehn!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 3:41am On May 14, 2017
smithsydny:
Please lemme ask a question oo.. The London guys are u going for phd ? Did you get admission for the PhD? So I know what to advice oo.

For me, it's an advanced master (kind of equivalent to a PhD). Cos the university asked me to get a DOV of my masters degree to show that it qualifies me to enroll for a PhD programme.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 3:45am On May 14, 2017
Update: for the guys who need to certify/ legalise their foreign degree. I spoke to one of the guys who works with the Italian embassy......he said it's best to go to their office in Lagos to clarify how they want such docs legalised.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:26am On May 14, 2017
ayooluniran:
:
grin I confirmed that grin cheesy grin

The guy that works at the embassy told me it could take between 3-5 months. I asked if a fast track is possible.....he said yes.....that it could take about a month......but it's not guaranteed and you go cough out some change Mehn!
I can give u a fast track to get the dov sharp..sorry but that's what they have made become. grin it through the senior security guy there. But u go they worry am well well o. So them go know say u serious
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:29am On May 14, 2017
ayooluniran:
Update: for the guys who need to certify/ legalise their foreign degree. I spoke to one of the guys who works with the Italian embassy......he said it's best to go to their office in Lagos to clarify how they want such docs legalised.
go to the embassy on Thursday u can see Andrea for free without any appointment.. Be there by 8 so u can enter.. U can ask all the question U want before u do anything..

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Chinuaj: 7:47am On May 14, 2017
Dbubu:
Okay, I just wanted to mention the particular translator that did mine with soft copies. U're welcome.
please do you have her contact?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:58am On May 14, 2017
Chinuaj:
please do you have her contact?
oga your just quoting everyone what do u want.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 8:10am On May 14, 2017
EmanA1928:

Any degree not gotten from Nigeria cannot be legalized there. SEnd it to London and get your DOV from there.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Chinuaj: 9:28am On May 14, 2017
smithsydny:
oga your just quoting everyone what do u want.
I have so many questions and I have dropped my number whoever wants to help should contact me on whatsapp. My dad's burial is next week so I hardly have time to go through the thread here.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 12:08pm On May 14, 2017
Chinuaj:
I have so many questions and I have dropped my number whoever wants to help should contact me on whatsapp. My dad's burial is next week so I hardly have time to go through the thread here.
nah waoh wat else do u want? Hv given u and explained all wat u needed to do and ur still quoting asking questions. I think is better u read frm page 1 to present page then u will understand better.

Just ma piece of kobo.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 14, 2017
Ayam not understanding ooo
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 4:46pm On May 14, 2017
Faithdamsel:

Any degree not gotten from Nigeria cannot be legalized there. SEnd it to London and get your DOV from there.
Yes, but the problem is that you have to be physically present in london to do certified copies of the original certificate and transcript via a solicitor or notary public. Then translate the document.

hard copies of the certified copies are then sent to the legalisation office of the foreign and commonwealth office for legalisation. After that, you send the legalised docs to the Italian embassy in London to get your DOV.

Or @faithdamsel do you know how it can be done in London in absentia
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 6:53pm On May 14, 2017
ayooluniran:

Yes, but the problem is that you have to be physically present in london to do certified copies of the original certificate and transcript via a solicitor or notary public. Then translate the document.

hard copies of the certified copies are then sent to the legalisation office of the foreign and commonwealth office for legalisation. After that, you send the legalised docs to the Italian embassy in London to get your DOV.

Or @faithdamsel do you know how it can be done in London in absentia
I have not been to London neither do i have a degree from there, so i dont know anything about it. sorry
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ayooluniran(m): 7:16pm On May 14, 2017
EmanA1928:

@ EmanA1928 do you live in lagos? I was wondering if you could visit the embassy and help us find out some more info from andrea on applicants with foreign degrees. That was the advice given by one of their staff

Though I'll try to put a call through to them tomorrow.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 14, 2017
U guys like complication too much.. I've advice u go to the embassy on Thursdays morning and see Andrea its free .. Get all your info.

Nah wah oo.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by lionlee216(m): 10:55am On May 15, 2017
ayooluniran:
Update: @smithsydny so I called the contact you gave me. he agreed 20k for certifying 6 docs at the MOE and MFA. Though I'll send the documents to him via these Abuja transporters. I guess that price is ok.

I even just remembered I didn't count my transcripts, that makes it 8 docs (but 9 pages).

Primary school certificate (affidavit actually, cos my primary school misplaced it), ssce, bsc certificate, msc certificate, b.sc transcript (2 pages), msc transcript.

Thanks guys, this thread has actually been more useful than the italian website or contact phone lines

Pls is the contact still available. I have someone whonis interested too
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:00am On May 15, 2017
lionlee216:

Pls is the contact still available. I have someone whonis interested too
pm me
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by lionlee216(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2017
smithsydny:
pm me

Done
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:08am On May 15, 2017
lionlee216:

Done
sent the contact ..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 15, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.