Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (15279 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Some Men Are Just Plain Evil (and Lazy)! / For How Long Will You Continue To Tolerate A Jobless And( Lazy) Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by spoilt(f): 1:27am On Nov 30, 2007
Those screaming "consider the kids"! "consider the kids"! should remember that the woman can only look after the kids when she's alive!

mazaje:

@ almondjoy and frankies

Your exchanges had me laughing so hard that i feel off my chair, you guys must really be in hate love, please keep it coming we are really having a swell time reading your exchanges.

as if they need any encouragement.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 1:34am On Nov 30, 2007
Your husband is a shameless pig that needs to be flogged. What nonsense? I cannot tell you what to do but I will tell you what I will do. I will either kick him out or I will leave for him if he refuses. He is not worth it and does precious girls that are the reason why you are here will think this is normal behavior for a man and put up witht he same thing in their marraiges. Leave now, atleast show your daughters what is not acceptable behaviour froma man.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Glamourgal(f): 2:35am On Nov 30, 2007
poster, need u ask?
na wa oo
some ppl sef
do u need us to tell u yes bf u get rid of his lazy/cheating behind?

why do nigerians think twice b4 divorcing?
if the ur friends/family/nairalanders/ur kids---etc do no see sense, then they don't like u @ all.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2007
It is quite obvious that Frankies is a wife beater and if he is not married then he plans on being one. My prayer is that you find the woman that when you get crazy and decide to hit her, she will let you know that there are women and then there are women. Don't come on here spewing this nonsense and being so verbally abusive.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Shinatu: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2007
I think one of the reasons that divorce affect the children so much is that, the parents try to manage the relationship until they end up hating each other so much that you can feel it from miles away.

The woman is so full of bitterness and anger that she cannot together with the husband make the right decisions about how the kids can be properly brought up in the new circumstance (of divorce)

The reason she is bitter is that she waits and takes soooooooooo much from the guy, she is beaten, humiliated and treated unkindly that anytime she casts her mind back she hates herself and life.

Nobody prays for a divorce, but please women try to have a life.

May God help us.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by richmike: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2007
What God has joined together, let no man put assurder. have you knelt down to pray about it? do you really believe in prayers? if yes, let your kneels do the work for you. it is well.

from richmike
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by weebee(f): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2007
It's a pity that most men turn out to be beast in human bodies. Can you imagine that? beating your wife over something you actually did and he feels God would give him a pat on the back for a job well done?
Anyway, for you to have endured for the past 12 years shows you had really wanted to make it work. But know that it is not working what do you as a person think you should do? Listen to your heart and do whatever you feel would make you happy.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by stag: 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2007
na wa o.some people here make 'womanhood' sound like 'slavehood' shocked. even with the worst beasts u advice them to SUBMIT? "he's your husband and marriage is for life" sad-get real somebody that is slavery.women are no slaves. only pastors who join man n woman will claim not to have rights to dissolve it but hell yess!!!! there's SEPERATION if not divorce. lipsrsealed
dear poster, life is too short to keep wallowing in your misery. live apart while he scouts the net endlessly. then will he find if you are truly a woman worthy of attention. bet he'll come right on his knees. wink
hope you have checked urself thoroughly.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by hilli666(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2007
The emotional fabric that circumflex’s a matrimonial union, is usually very complex and hard to decipher. When a marriage losses its emotional value, it can quickly become difficult for both persons involved to tolerate each other let alone live together. This is why before marriage, it is highly important to know your partner; because once the fantasy of love dissipates, and the sex gets dull (which it will) then you have nothing left but a good friend. Once children become involved, the situation gets more complex. Now the future of the child is of utmost important to the parents or parent. Many a parent (especially the woman) would like to ignore the emotional trifles in order to ensure that the child/children have a steady platform to grow. Western science has proven this to be unhealthy to both parents and severely detrimental to the development of the child. Imagine growing up in an environment where all is ostensible. Eventually the act can no longer be kept up; the arguments get louder and in due course spew out from the confines of your bedroom to the full view of your child. To many in Nigeria, we are taught that this is acceptable behavior, some of us might readily identify with the situation because at one point we were those children. Now imagine how sad you felt. It can be psychologically devastating to your child.

In my opinion (remember this is an opinion not a recommendation) do what your heart feels is best for you. Any man, who beats a woman to a pulp, is an animal and as such doesn’t deserve a woman of your capacity. I can understand if due to your traditional values and norms, you might want to keep the marriage going but at what cost? Let me remind you that there are thousands of women who get killed by their husbands during domestic disputes each year. The ones who are lucky to survive such brutal attacks are usually so badly disfigured that they pray for death. I bet you at this moment you’re thinking to yourself “ ahh that’s to extreme, Or no not my husband, he wouldn’t take it that far” but research states that a majority of women who have become victims of domestic abuse at some point, all said that. Now my question to you is this, if he beat you that bad then he had probably hit you before and is going to hit you again. So why wait. Plus he is having premarital affairs to add insult to injury. You must really love him, or suffer from a terrible case of inferiority complex.

As for the other insensible comments that were posted on this forum by other users in regards to this subject. You have affectionately displayed an inability to reason and empathize with a fellow user. I can only shudder when I read your post. How desensitized some have become, going as far as accusing the woman for causing her own perils. Once again I can only attribute such intolerable behavior to a severe lack of knowledge and understanding bar none.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by NihilceM: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2007

Nihil ce-M,
you got it all mixed up. You are dead wrong. Advices are given based on the nature of the problem and not gender. I hope you have a post by a man who was beaten to stupor by his wife. You see, men can be a victim of domestic violence too. But their pride won't let them come into open to say it. .

You can't compare violence against women to violence against men. Men who beat women are aware of their position of physical superiority and use it to intimidate their wives. A woman on the other hand, when she lifts a finger against a man, she is aware there might be a reaction by him. These are two different cases. Of course violence in general shouldn't be condoned in anyway, but then this is not about gender. I am saying this because an individual is being hurt everyday. Wether man or woman everyone deserves to be happy. But it seems the tendency on this forum is to make every woman-man matter a gender issue. There are so many threads where men have written about their wives' infidelity but in rare cases I have read a fellow man telling him to reconsider himself and see where he has gone wrong. it's always entirely the woman's fault in any type of situation. since most of the people who have come to reply here are the same on the other threads I have to address them and make sure they know that if they have any intention of making this a gender issue; I am fully prepared to contrast them.

For your information, it is wrong to quit a marriage just because you encounter difficulty. While, I am always in support of divorce to separate couples that can't mend their fence. I strongly believe divorce should be the last option when common sense fail.

A partner can't think of resolving difficulties in a union when the other party has proved that he isn't interested in sorting things out. Before the man went out to cheat the first time he should have consider the idea of speaking to his wife about his uncomfort at home, but then he went for the easiest way out. I am sorry but one of my policies is that "I won't take the responsibilities of an entire relationship on my shoulder". This idea that the woman is the home keeper is just a way to justify the absolute disinterest that men have shown over the years towards their homes. I am not going to take that to be true, because hence we decided to marry together, we shall make it work together. however if on the other hand there should be someone working harder to make things better, that should be the man as he was the one who asked me to marry him.

Moreover, the most idiotic thing any woman can do is to walk out on her marriage without knowing what went wrong and without learning one or two lessons from the failed marriage. I tell you in truth, I have seen such a lady. She went into another marriage and the same thing happened. It took her the third marriage before she know that she was the problem. Sadly, she had children for all the men!

As I have said earlier, the man didn't even bother to solve his problems at home before he went seeking for a girlfriend, so why should she bother? this is a matter of common sense: the same you love so much to talk about. I am not affirming that women on their part haven't got faults when there are problems in a marriage, but as the head of the family the man claims to be he should at least try to find an effective way to communicate. What should I expect of a man who cheats on me and beat me because I have disclosed his disgraceful act? Do you think that such man is capable of communicating in a reasonable manner? I am of the opinion he isn't. Violence and cheating are the only ways he knows of outletting his frustration. Maybe he also reputes his wife as someone you can't talk to but then that is entirely his problem. Why would he marry someone with whom he knows he can never have a sensible dialogue? Use your common sense.

You claim that the man is the head of the home but then he is not ready to take responsibilities when things go bad, but rather run away and leave everything for the woman because that's when he realizes that she is the home keeper.

Come on, we are not so stupid. Stop ranting as if we were little kids who don't know how things really are. Sometimes we ignore certain things and try to adjust when we can, but when common sense starts to give us signals of stupidity on our part we can't always ignore it.

I have a friend of mine tell me women are stupid and the reasons he gave for his affirmation were exactly these. I challenge any man or woman to stand up and proudly say woman aren't victims of their own stupidity.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by spoilt(f): 2:36am On Dec 01, 2007
richmike:

What God has joined together, let no man put assurder. have you knelt down to pray about it? do you really believe in prayers? if yes, let your kneels do the work for you. it is well.

from richmike

not again. prayer, prayer and yet more prayer. some times you need to pack your things and leave and not keep rolling on the loor speaking in tongues waiting for God to come down and pack for you. angry
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by olanajim(m): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2007
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by olanajim(m): 8:34am On Dec 01, 2007
Nihil ce-M,
I didn't buy your argument. The whole thing is a mixture of reality and absurdity. Breaking them down would merely waste my time since the poster had decided on what to do.

I learned dt human being are not created to reason alike.Our knowledge & experience is the compass that guides our attitudes & response to issues.While some of us are positive & always looking for the best,others are chronic pessimists with a sharp intuition on why things will never work even if it work for others.They are constantly exploring ways to win argument &fights, even if their action have no long term benefit.Their major concern is to prove & not solve a problem.

There is a clear difference between solving a problem and resolving a riddle. Many people are forever focusing their attention at the riddle while the problem festered.

People like you who had so far been analysing the undesirability of domestic violence are merely resolving a riddle & far from solving the problem.Those with common sense & integrity had been in addition to resolving the riddle, profering solution to the problem.

It makes no sense at all to bite away at the problem and turn it into gender war while the solutions are not analysed. Luckiy,we have those who have strongly condemned domestic violence of any type & still profer solution.

Your last post, demostrated clearly your intention.I therefore refused to be dragged into it.I comments on it because you are quoting me,hence directing it at me. Otherwise,I would simply have laughed it off.It help no one to compare & contract men/women psychology with intent to create meaningless argument that lead to nowhere.

I however,strongly object to your saying that women are stupid. I have mother who is a woman; I have sisters, & I have friends who are women. I have not seen a trace of stupidity you described in any of them.I am therefore tempted to say that you saw what you looked for. Stupidity is not gender specific. Any irrational human can be stupid.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by dot2002(m): 10:24am On Dec 01, 2007
people forget countless number of women are needlessly damage or die because of actual bodily and emotional harm caused solely by their husband irrationality. like an husband sleeping with another woman being caught at this terrible act and he then turns on his wife, thinking by beating him she won't be able to tell anyone. Well the internet has made things easier, look at the post here and see what most people are saying:
abuse and cheating are bad,
try trial separation for as long as it takes,
let your children know there father beats you,
don't be afraid he might never come back,
At least you will be alive,
pray for yourself more and children and less for him,
stop pitying yourself,
you did nothing wrong for trying to make your family a little well off by gaining higher qualification,
make sure he doesn't drive you to do anything silly with your marriage.
lol
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by NihilceM: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2007
@ Olanajim
When someone mentions my name in his post and addresses his comments at me, i think there is nothing wrong if I quote him and analyze what he has written.

Then it is easy to track someone else's post down by saying "it's too stupid". This is your opinion and if i can express mine I'd say, for what I have read so far, common sense hasn't transpired in your posts; as a matter of fact you are the one resolving riddles. In a situation where there has to be complicity, it's senseless to ask just a single person to try to sort things out her/himself. You can't say that this is also stupid because then I'll have to ask you to check yourself.

I have had discussions with other members several times concerning this issue and there was always place for a rational arguementation and for what I have seen so far, you aren't all that in terms of RESOLVING PROBLEMS. Yours are purely theories which can't be put into practice because circumstances aren't favorable. However you don't seem to see this and keep on calling us, those who are practical, RIDDLE RESOLVERS: that seems conceitedness of the highest level to me.

PS: the affirmation about women's stupidity was made by a man and I absolutely agree. Leave sentiments aside and face the truth. The world we are in today is a tangible evidence. And being stupid has nothing or little to do with being rational. Usually people who are highly rational are the ones to fall easily into stupidity.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by olanajim(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2007
Good luck!
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by kembaby: 11:11pm On Dec 01, 2007
@almondjoy: it is a pity that u av said all wat u said, it really shows dat u dnt have a clue of wat God's view about marriage, cos if u do u wont advice like this.

@poster: i quite agree wit wat segunusaid adviced u, and the only suggestion i can give to you is to go down on ur knees and ask God to come into ur house. in as much as i dnt support domestic violence, i dnt also support u being foolish and folding ur arms. i want u to understand that the spiritual controls the physical and wat soever has been settled in the spiritual is wat happens in the physical. do not see ur husband as d bad person but see the devil trying to destroy ur marriage only for one reason YOUR DAUGHTERS.

i am advicing u from experience and i can vividly tell u that ur husband is not the problem but the devil who is using ur ignorance to attack ur marriage. u need to get closer to God and pray fervently. i av read all the adv given to u, they all av a point but one thing i am sure is dat u r created for greatness, a unique woman, wonderfully and fearfully made and i believe in u that u will keep that family intact, i dnt know who u r but i believe in ur God given ability to be a saviour in that marriage.

one thing u must learn about this life is dat UNFORGIVENESS is the devils strongest weapon. DONT FALL A VICTIM. the devil has no power watsoever over ur marriage , he is only using ur lack of Gods word in ur life to shake ur marriage. change ur confession, talk positive things, talk the changes u want in ur marriage. God made u a helper to ur husband not only wen things r going on well but wen things r not well, he needs ur help now, dnt give up on him cos GOD HAS NOT GIVEN UP ON HIM.

if there is anything else i can do my email is kemiadekore@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 2:41am On Dec 02, 2007
Kem there is some truth in what you are saying but you are in my opinion very irresponsible to completely absolve her husband of any blame but turn around and blame it on the devil and the ignorance of the person being abused. Your response is very typical. Who really needs someone right now, the man who is clearly here on earth to do the work of the devil or the wife who is at the risk of either being infected with HIV or being beaten to death by her husband or having her children grow up with the idea that if their husbands beat them up then it is just the work of the devil and the poor man should be sympathized with because that bad devil made him do it. Abeg be careful with the advice. She needs to leave that situation. She does not have to be there for God to answer her prayers.
You have obviously been brainwashed to believe that it is the womans responsibility alone to work to save a marriage. It's from both sides. What benefit is it to the kids to be around this man?
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Dorcasde(f): 4:37am On Dec 02, 2007
Outstrip:

Kem there is some truth in what you are saying but you are in my opinion very irresponsible to completely absolve her husband of any blame but turn around and blame it on the devil and the ignorance of the person being abused. Your response is very typical. Who really needs someone right now, the man who is clearly here on earth to do the work of the devil or the wife who is at the risk of either being infected with HIV or being beaten to death by her husband or having her children grow up with the idea that if their husbands beat them up then it is just the work of the devil and the poor man should be sympathized with because that bad devil made him do it. Abeg be careful with the advice. She needs to leave that situation. She does not have to be there for God to answer her prayers.
You have obviously been brainwashed to believe that it is the womans responsibility alone to work to save a marriage. It's from both sides. What benefit is it to the kids to be around this man?

Outstripe, I’m with you, there’s so much sense in your post!

What a pity, the devil is always the scapegoat. We all tend to forget that the Almighty God gave us all the free will to take decisions and for every decision we take, good or bad, we must face the consequences.  So, majority of us stray by taking the wrong decisions but when the consequences come, the easy way out is to blame it on the devil as if we must always yield to whatever temptations that come our way.

My advice to all is that………….we should ‘shine’ our ‘inner eyes’. Good enough, Nigerians are prayer warriors (including me)……, pray well before taking any decision concerning your life Seek for directions and you will surely be guided intuitively. And whatever decision you take, be ready to face the consequences. When things go sour, always remember to check yourself to see where you erred so that you can redress , rather than blaming the devil.

Actions and reactions are equal and opposite; if you do the wrong thing or take the wrong decision, you should expect an outcome in line with your input. Sometimes, we see the ‘red signals’ before delving into things, but we always think we can eat our cake and as well have it. I have learnt not to blame my mistakes on the devil; if you keep blaming the devil then you become a voluntary tool of the devil.  But if you humbly accept the fact that you did not seek the properly before any actions, then you’re in charge and you will receive strength from ABOVE that will pull you through.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by NihilceM: 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2007
Outstrip:

I was really shocked to read her post. I am happy there are people like Outstrip and Dorcasde who are still capable of viewing things in a very objective and human way.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Dorcasde(f): 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2007
Nihil-ce-M:

I was really shocked to read her post. I am happy there are people like Outstrip and Dorcasde who are still capable of viewing things in a very objective and human way.

There are tons of ladies passing through the same horror. The poster has the guts to cry out because she’s doing well; if it really turns out sour, she can take care of herself and children. There are many people out there experiencing the same but they dare not whine, otherwise, they’re finished because they have tied their whole life to their marriage. A typical African woman is strong, with long endurance.

Some people say it’s the devil’s work; that she should pray till eternity. Why is it that when people are seeking for employment, they pray and at the same time apply to jobs openings? Why don’t they pray 24/7 and expect their dream job to seek and find them.

A cousin of mine passed on about 2 years ago, at age 35. Her marriage was a horror; she was the breadwinner of her family. She was everything to her husband and kids; as if that was not enough, her husband enjoyed womanizing and ‘pounding’ her. Over the years, she became pre-hypertensive…….then hypertensive. She was just a glorified slave addressed as a wife. In the end, she died of heart attack…………………on the 25th of Dec, 2005. Her 3 children are now with their paternal uncle. Her husband re-married 8 months after her death.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by spoilt(f): 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2007
Dorcasde:

Her husband re-married 8 months after her death.

He did what? shocked

That's why a bad marriage to me is not something i would endure for years and years. its almost like imprisonment. with both parties miserably unhappy.after working at it and praying for a miracle and i come to the realization that it is irreparably bad then im off. i honestly would pack my things and leave. I swear i will. Life is too short for such torture.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Dorcasde(f): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2007
spoilt:

He did what? shocked

Yes, he re-married 8 months after his wife passed on. He had to move on. He's now with his next victim, I guess.  smiley smiley
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by spoilt(f): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2007
truly his next victim. grin Goodluck to her!
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by kembaby: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2007
@outstrip: my irresposibility is only yr opinion, it is not my surname. we have only heard of one side of the story which is d womans side and we do not av the mans story. my advice to the poster was not to judge who is responsible or not or who started it but just to advice her to find a solution to the problem.

i am a woman and if i may be honest, we women run our mouth and it gets us into trouble.

@poster: i dnt know who u r neither do i know who ur husband is, but wat i am saying is that whatever happened has happened and it is time to find a solution to it and move on to the next chapter of ur life. if there is a problem there is a solution to it no matter how terrible it is. what makes u think that leaving ur husband would solve the problem. u av worked and laboured for 11 yrs and u just want to throw it in the bin just becos things r not working well between u and ur husband. he was not like this when u married him so u shld know dat something is wrong somewhere.

men r all the same and they r babies, it is easy for someone else to tell u to leave ur husband but i can bet that if they r in ur shoes they wont. think of ur children. many pple who r victims of broken marriage would definitely tell u that they dnt like it.

Ur husband has wronged u and i am not rubbing his head for doing what he did, if u leave him and leave with unforgiveness, wat good will it do to u. stay focused on ur career, stay focus on ur goals and aspirations, train ur children in the way of the lord, remove ur eyes from wat he is doing, concentrate on being the best, ignore his actions, watever he says to u avoid fighting and confrontation, God has given u those two wonderful girls concentrate on their wellbeing and like i said keep praying for him, and dont stop talking positive things about wat u want. God has given us imaginative powers above every other thing he created, imagine wat u want and talk to God about it.

remember for as long as u stay in contact wit God he will never disappoint you. i am not on anybodies side, am just giving u an advice. if u ask many couples who have been married for years, u will find out that ur case is not the worst and they have all come out stronger than u can imagine.

BE STRONG IN THE STRENGTH OF UR LORD.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by dot2002(m): 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2007
omg!
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by spoilt(f): 12:11am On Dec 03, 2007
kembaby:

@outstrip: my irresposibility is only yr opinion, it is not my surname. we have only heard of one side of the story which is d womans side and we do not av the mans story. my advice to the poster was not to judge who is responsible or not or who started it but just to advice her to find a solution to the problem.

i am a woman and if i may be honest, we women run our mouth and it gets us into trouble.

@poster: i dnt know who you're neither do i know who your husband is, but what i am saying is that whatever happened has happened and it is time to find a solution to it and move on to the next chapter of your life. if there is a problem there is a solution to it no matter how terrible it is. what makes u think that leaving your husband would solve the problem. u av worked and laboured for 11 years and u just want to throw it in the bin just because things r not working well between u and your husband. he was not like this when u married him so u shld know that something is wrong somewhere.

men r all the same and they r babies, it is easy for someone else to tell u to leave your husband but i can bet that if they r in your shoes they wont. think of your children. many people who r victims of broken marriage would definitely tell u that they dnt like it.

your husband has wronged u and i am not rubbing his head for doing what he did, if u leave him and leave with unforgiveness, what good will it do to u. stay focused on your career, stay focus on your goals and aspirations, train your children in the way of the lord, remove your eyes from what he is doing, concentrate on being the best, ignore his actions, watever he says to u avoid fighting and confrontation, God has given u those two wonderful girls concentrate on their wellbeing and like i said keep praying for him, and don't stop talking positive things about what u want. God has given us imaginative powers above every other thing he created, imagine what u want and talk to God about it.

remember for as long as u stay in contact wit God he will never disappoint you. i am not on anybodies side, am just giving u an advice. if u ask many couples who have been married for years, u will find out that your case is not the worst and they have all come out stronger than u can imagine.

BE STRONG IN THE STRENGTH OF UR LORD.

Excuse me!  but did you not hear her say he put his hands on her?  shocked
That right there is a deal breaker. If you are one of those who think women should stay in marriages where there is physical violence because of the kids then you should remember that you can only look after your kids if you are alive.  undecided
Some women have been killed by abusive husbands. any attempt at communication may end in being beaten to a pulp.  there's only so much the human body can take. one day that woman may not survive a beating.
Enough said. no one just packs up and leaves just because they feel like filling up a suitcase ! They honestly believe that the marriage has gone beyond repair.
Children are not always scarred by divorce as people always assume. They are scarred by watching their fathers womanise and hit their mothers.It confuses the heck out of them. They wonder if thats love! children who grow up in abusive homes are more likely to become violent themselves. strange but true.
on a closing note. you can forgive someone who is repentant. its hard to come to a truce with someone who believes he has done no wrong and is ready to repeat his actions.It does take 2 to make a marriage work you know. people have been asking her to face her career. Give it all her energy, blah blah blah!  For years it has been the classical advise to unhappy women."at least you have your career and your children". A woman's own happiness should be sometimes considered too!  angry
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 3:10am On Dec 03, 2007
Outstrip:

Thank you. People like "kembaby" are a disgrace to women with their so called "leave it all to Jesus" garbage mentality. She's saying the wife should stay for her daughters, if the woman is beaten to death by the husband (this happens often), who will be their for the daughters then? I swear it's like some people refuse to reason.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Dorcasde(f): 3:25am On Dec 03, 2007
kembaby:

Kembaby, please don't generalize wrongly. I guess you're talking about yourself. I am a lady like you; but I don't run my mouth anyhow and talk myself into trouble. This is because I am very conscious of my words. Though I am not perfect, but I think deeply before talking.

I am happy you're on Nairaland; guess this is a good place for you to learn about different personality types and how to approach issues from very broad and logical perspectives.

Nairaland is not like our usual traditional family meeting place where people look at issues almost from the same way angle. Here, we have Nigerians (both home and abroad) and non-Nigerians. You will agree with me that, this is an international forum where people look at things from their varied experience based on their nature and nurture.

I wish you well
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2007
that's what a lot of nigerian women go through every time.it's wise of you to stay on with this man because of your children which belong to both of you. although i do not support his turning you into a punching bag, i think it's also wise of you to close your eyes to whatever he is doing. most of them are like that and you'd just end unnever click into the links like something in this image http://thecoolpics.com/dontclick.jpg #:-S !!!

never click into the links like something in this image http://thecoolpics.com/dontclick.jpg #:-S !!!
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 03, 2007
that's what a lot of nigerian women go through every time.it's wise of you to stay on with this man because of your children which belong to both of you. although i do not support his turning you into a punching bag, i think it's also wise of you to close your eyes to whatever he is doing. most of them are like that and you'd just end up giving urself a heart ache. if the beating continues, sister, pack your bags fast. Keep it real sister. wink
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Zandra1(f): 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2007
Hilli666, ure right about the inferiority complex issue. Like I said before, this lady seems to have no self esteem and thats why she allowed herself to be treated like a piece of rag by a man thats supposed to love and cherish her. If she had an iota of self esteem and feeling of self worth she would have known that no human being deserves to live with a beast in the name of a man. She would have dealt with the dude and left him penniless.

With all her education she condones all this bull and we think that education and financial security is going to aid in making some women reason well when involved in a domestic violence. People that say for better for worse, is that the only thing y'all hear when wedding vows are being said. Guess some people just hear what they want to hear. Am a Christian and Ive never seen where the Bible condones violence so its annoying that some people here would advice her to pray till all gets better. You pray when ure alive and well for God's sake. Let her pray for a better man than for the one she lives with in the name of marriage.

Ive discussed marriage with some Nigerian ladies (and guys) and Ive seen some Nigerian marriages and all I can say is 'pity'. Go figure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) / How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.