Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption (6549 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / FRSC Arrests Driver Carrying Container In Eket, Akwa Ibom - Photos / Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by OAM4J: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2012
The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Mr. Osita Chidoka, said on Wednesday that 100 officials of the commission have been dismissed from the service for corruption.

Chidoka made the disclosure in Port Harcourt while addressing officers and men of the commission as part of activities marking his tour of FRSC formations in the South- south.

The corps marshal, who was represented by the Deputy Corps Marshal in charge of Vehicles Administration, Mr. Danjuma Garba, warned that officials of the commission should shun corrupt practices or face sanctions.

“Bribe money is blood money,” Chidoka said.

He said the FRSC had zero tolerance for corruption and that the commission was known for its integrity.

Chidoka said that marshals should live within their income, advising against obtaining loans indiscriminately from banks or individuals.

The corps marshal said that his officials should rededicate themselves to saving the lives of citizens.

He said the constitutional mandate of the FRSC was to save lives and that marshals should rally round the FRSC's management to realise the mandate.

He said the commission would intensify road patrol operations across the country.

“Response time should not be more than 20 minutes; go back to our tenet of saving lives; we must deliver in saving lives”, the News Agency of Nigeria quoted the FRSC boss as saying during the address.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/50900-frsc-sacks-100-marshals-for-corruption.html
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
I am sure if Chidoka come to police checkpoint, in between Eleme Petrochemical and Akpajo junction now now, i'm sure 10 more corp marshals will be sacked on the spot. angry

1 Like

Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Aye!!
Is the Corp Marshall a christian?
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
wise_many2k: I am sure if Chidoka come to police checkpoint, in between Eleme Petrochemical and Akpajo junction now now, i'm sure 10 more corp marshals will be sacked on the spot. angry
which state and local govt.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by paranod123(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
[quote author=OAM4J]The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Mr. Osita Chidoka, said on Wednesday that 100 officials of the commission have been dismissed from the service for corruption.

Chidoka made the disclosure in Port Harcourt while addressing officers and men of the commission as part of activities marking his tour of FRSC formations in the South- south.

The corps marshal, who was represented by the Deputy Corps Marshal in charge of Vehicles Administration, Mr. Danjuma Garba, warned that officials of the commission should shun corrupt practices or face sanctions.

He said the FRSC had zero tolerance for corruption and that the commission was known for its integrity.

Chidoka said that marshals should live within their income, advising against obtaining loans indiscriminately from banks or individuals.

The corps marshal said that his officials should rededicate themselves to saving the lives of citizens.

He said the constitutional mandate of the FRSC was to save lives and that marshals should rally round the FRSC's management to realise the mandate.

He said the commission would intensify road patrol operations across the country.

“Response time should not be more than 20 minutes; go back to our tenet of saving lives; we must deliver in saving lives”, the News Agency of Nigeria quoted the FRSC boss as saying during the address.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/50900-frsc-sacks-100-marshals-for-corruption.html

all is just lies i have a guy working there na him gangan be bribe he even tell me all of them collect bribe when i see this i call him wit rush 2no if they sack him bt no all i hear is they sack dose peaple who fail to collect bribe which his legal in Nigeria. CHIDOKA STUPID LIAR
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by declem(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
D only diff. Wit police is dat police colect 20box,while marshals fat money,..idiot pple
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nice move, if only the rest sector will take this step....
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Austyn316(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
OAM4J: The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Mr. Osita Chidoka, said on Wednesday that 100 officials of the commission have been dismissed from the service for corruption.

The FRSC used to be corrupt-free in those early days and not anymore.

If you want to get them all you need to is to travel from Onitsha towards Owerri. The FRSC men are positioned at the former police check point just at the outskirts of Onitsha town. Before you get to the exact position where the men of the Commission are stationed, you will find a man dressed in mufti. The man in mufti is their "joo man" (the conduit). What happens is that motorist who feel that they may be arrested by the marshals for an offence, will stop at the position where the joo man is and give him N50.00. As soon as this is done, the Marshals who are just up the hill will notice that the joo man has been tipped. He would let the offender to go. There are at least two other FRSC points like this when travelling from Onitsha to Owerri.

I got to know this when I boarded a Rivers Transport Company bus from Onitsha to Port Harcourt. Our driver had loaded his vehicle in such a way that he should not be let off the hook by the FRSC men. I saw him stopped at the first point and gave the joo man money and drove past the Marshals and then the same thing happened at another point. I became curious and then I asked the driver questions and he explained that the money he was giving out as "offerings" belonged to the Marshals.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by crackhouse(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ranks007: Aye!!
why do u ask? Do u wanna send him Boko haram?.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
Unlucky scapegoats. Majority of them r involved in it. No doubt dis calls for commendation, but i bet d sacked ones r d foot-soldiers (pawns) on d road. Wen wil d heads of d queens n kings in d extortion chess game start rollin?
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by crackhouse(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Unlucky scapegoats. Majority of them r involved in it. No doubt dis calls for commendation, but i bet d sacked ones r d foot-soldiers (pawns) on d road. Wen wil d heads of d queens n kings in d extortion chess game start rollin?
when farouk lawan start facing his jail terms.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ranks007: Aye!!

Nada...only xtains treat corruption with iron hands!
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by ebamma(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
good one
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Rimbaldi: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Chidoka should start from himself.
1.Why do officials have to get paid through his microfinance bank?
2. Why is the salary structure of FRSC officials different on paper from what it is in reality with between 40k - 150k chopped off from their salaries?(dont tell me it's tax ok?)
3.Why do they get their salaries after over a week or two after the monies have been disbursed and their counterparts in different paramilitary entities must have digested thier salaries?
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Sanguine77(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
My friend and I gave N400 to some of them on Tuesday. Our offence= no brake light, expired licence and no reverse light immediately after Heartland Fm near Owerri, Imo state. They are now overtly corrupt. God save our roads.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by crackhouse(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
OAM4J: The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Mr. Osita Chidoka, said on Wednesday that 100 officials of the commission have been dismissed from the service for corruption.

HE SAID THE CONSTITUTIONAL MANDATE OF THE FRSC WAS TO SAVE LIVES and that marshals should rally round the FRSC's management to realise the mandate.

oh, he even know why FRSC was established. How come he's now converting it to a money making venture?.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by mikron(m): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
HOPE THE POLICE IS READING THIS? undecided undecided undecided
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Raxxye(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
ActiveMan:

Near Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
ActiveMan:

Rivers state, eleme.... d location is near eleme petrochemicals
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Sanguine77: My friend and I gave N400 to some of them on Tuesday. Our offence= no brake light, expired licence and no reverse light immediately after Heartland Fm near Owerri, Imo state. They are now overtly corrupt. God save our roads.

u sef, which kind human being u be? why should u drive a car that has no brake light, no reverse light and have an expired licence? u get sense at all, u wan kill people for road, that money even small seef. silly nigerians
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Soundmind(m): 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Mikron,
I second u.
Police!, Police!! Police!!!
He who have ear, let him hear.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by lacasa: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
Well, thee law is the law ​ so​ i avv no qualms wt D̶̲̥̅̊ dismissals.

Bt shouldn't the national interest be on mega thieves such as those indicted in ;-

Subsidy scam
Pension scam

Afer all, their own corruption has a national comsequence
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by duality(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
they collected 3000 naira from a family member in delta state for not having the state fire certificate even when she had fire extinguisher. Dr osita, if you wana go that road you sure will fire half the entire corp
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by SkyBlue1: 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
With regards to some of the posts:
We don't always have to be negative just for the sake of it. If the officers fired were found wanting then they deserve to be fired. If you have information on more that deserve to also be in the firing line then find a way to raise it ith the appropriate authorities, instead of coming online to whine just because. If they weren't fired you would complain. They are fired you complain.

We can sure learn to be more constructive with our utterances because it is more HELPFUL in the long run.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by wilxz(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
The police, frsc, customs, immigration, all of them na the same people. Imagine, when i was abt travelling to india for training, these immigration people said 'oga make you drop all your naira for us na abi u wan use am for there' the N10000 i budgeted for my taxi fare upon my return. I was so angry, small thing i for create sence for airport.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Fesisko(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
mikron: HOPE THE POLICE IS READING THIS? undecided undecided undecided
shebi they say na only police corrupt?Even Nepa is the most corrupt Est.in Nigeria.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Sunbellar: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
Soundmind: @Mikron,
I second u.
police are much better than d FRSC bc they collect less. With #20 card d police is ok but d greedy FRSC will go 4 #500 card. Let d govt scrap them smiley
Soundmind: @Mikron,
I second u.
police are much better than d FRSC bc they collect less. With #20 card d police is ok but d greedy FRSC will go 4 #500 card. Let d govt scrap them
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by doctokwus: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
Evn b4 some posters gave concrete evidence of persisting corruption,I took d corp marshal statement wt a pinch of salt.All heads of govt agencies/parastatals wt their employees in nigeria are corrupt,is just a matter of relativity,which is more corrupt.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by pcagbaji(m): 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
mikron: HOPE THE POLICE IS READING THIS? undecided undecided undecided
U be full waten bring police matter for here
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by Megabyts(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
Abegi ask chidoka who is claiming the dismissed marshals salary which is yet to be stopped from the pay roll and u will never get the answer.dat one too na blood money. Cheater
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by odocity: 3:31am On Jun 22, 2012
is it only marshals dat are corrupt,wat abt our leaders the way they manover themselves into sits of power are they not corrupt?start the fight of corruption from the head before you get down.
Re: FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption by UCyril: 11:44am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr osita chidoka were is the furniture allowance for FRSC staff,d illigal dedution from staff salaries.kettle calling pot black.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How And Why Igbos Should Divest From Lagos To The East / b / 2019 Elections: Buhari Warns Against Politics Of Hate, Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.