Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399742 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
@spiceeamiee, like seriously ice-cream? No nau she should have known better despite she doesn't have a child yet. Shebi it's apology she wants? I think you should just go apologise for peace to reign. You don't know what she can do, forget you are her brother's wife. Remember, she has started telling lies about you already. You also know that, the heart of a man is desperately wicked.

Please just go apologise and hubby should go with you as your witness, before she go say you don talk another thing again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
queenhecate:
Please any tips for relieving an extremely gassy baby.
Am going mad here please.continuous crying for almost two hours now. Help!!!

massage her tummy wt warm water
lay her on her tummy.........do not leave her unsupervised pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
Place the baby on his tummy on the bed but you have to watch him/her or better still, place him/her on your laps. It helps!
queenhecate:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
My own reaction - I cannot advise you any good thing on this matter cos me I will not beg anybody, if they like let heaven fall down. Rubbish and nonsense. Especially now that baby is reacting to it. Me that they gave my almost 6 month old crackers sef I know what i said, talkless of a 5 week old baby? Everything in ice cream is inappropriate for her - milk, sugar, the preservatives...haba! I'm so upset on your behalf!

Sabi mamas say apologise for peace to reign in your home. Biko apologise with your mouth but let your face show wassup, nonsense. Also lesson learnt, if you want to go anywhere, carry your baby ff body. Chei I'm upset

Anyway, If you have ORS please administer that until your DH comes, or better still take a cab. Not trying to scare you but don't take chances abeg

spiceeamiee:
Mamas good morning. My baby has been throwing up since every fees yesterday evening because someone fed her ice cream yesterday. Ice-fucking-cream! Who Does that? Who feeds a 5week old baby Ice cream? My 47years old Sister in law that you expect would know better. I'm literally shaking as I'm remembering this. Now my baby is throwing up at every feed. She throws up every thing she is fed and starts crying and then I have to feed her again and she throws up and starts crying. This is how it has been since last night. We would do n go to the hospital, just waiting for hubby to come and pick us up but she has managed to sleep and I'm wondering if anybody has any remedy for me.

Meanwhile, make una help me judge this matter as I'm about to go off tangent and insult somebody not minding she is almost 20years older than me. My husband comes from a large family of 9children and he is the last born and you know how large families are. Although they same mother and father, kwanta dey plenty so I dey try stay on my lane but I'm very close to my husband's immediate elder sister who had her baby 's birthday yesterday so everyone was there. I was in the sitting room with my baby but tge party was downstairs so this my eldest SIL (let's call her A) comes up with their eldest brother's daughter who is 9months and she starts feeding her ice cream. I did not say anything but in my mind I felt it was wrong. About 30mins later, I wanted to go downstairs and take something so I have my bay to my husband's cousin. Less than 10mins ,I was back and I saw my baby smacking her lips with A trying to scoop more ice cream into her mouth. To say i was she'll shocked is an understatement. This is a 5weeks old baby for pete' s sake!! How are you feeding her ice cream? I quickly dashed and carried my baby from her and said (not to her face though but loud enough for her to hear) that she should never try that with my baby. I angrily left for a friend's house close by and did not return to the party until my husbAnd was ready to leave. Now SIL A married quite late and does not have a child. That is where I entered trouble. I was told she went downstairs where the party was and started crying that she carried my baby and I insulted her, that is it because she does not have a child? That I shunned her snd told her never to touch my child. Hubby called to know where I was and he came and I explained to him. He told me not to pick any of his siblings calls and we went home. Everyone started calling hubby telling him to put his wife in check, that how can I insult A who is almost 20yrs older than me? Hubby told them that she fed out baby Ice cream and they said and so what? God knows I did not say any of those things. I only said no one should ever in their life feed my baby if I'm not there. Now MIL and FIL are saying I must go to her house and kneel down and apologise. I have told my husbAnd I'm not going. Now baby is throwing up and feeling lethargic all cos someone that should have known better fed her something she should not eat and I'm being asked to apologise for being protective of my own child. I don't want to apologise but I'm being pressured to on all sides and its driving me nuts!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2017
afternoon everyone hp u all had a lovely weekend. just two questions....

(1) breastfeeding a newborn should it b timely or on demand, cos my 2weeks n 5day old girl can suck corruption outta Nigeria( I mean she can suck like kilode )

(2) she doesn't burp easily pls I need ideas

(3) she now poos like thrice a day... is dis normal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
In addition to what mama's have said try cycling baby's legs. It helps move things along

queenhecate:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
1. Thank God, we've been looking for who will help with this corruption matter. Biko allow her suck when she wants grin

2. Check 2 pages back, children have a preferred way of burping and you'll gradually figure it out. Most people burp by placing the child on their shoulder but my LO never burped like that. Leaning him forward while seated worked like magic

3. Poo is normal, it will reduce gradually as her digestive system develops

Burntcoal:

(1) breastfeeding a newborn should it b timely or on demand, cos my 2weeks n 5day old girl can suck corruption outta Nigeria( I mean she can suck like kilode )

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
mamas, cute, quality and affordable wears @ mise babies...
patronise your fellow mama oh

https://www.nairaland.com/3987315/mise-babies-cute-quality-affordable

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
Burntcoal:

Breastfeed on demand. My baby too can suck violently cheesy she looks and weighs like an eight month old at three months. Yesterday two people complained that I've lost too much weight so praise that Lord cuz I eat too much and I don't exercise. All I did was breastfeed and it's paid off. So don't give up esp if you have pounds to get rid of She won't burp easily this young. when she gets to like two months all you have to do is sit her up and she burps. But at this stage you get to rub and rub and rub back. Atleast that's my exp with my baby. Not burping could mean she doesn't have gas then to let out. The poop is probably normal as long as it looks good.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
Burntcoal:

1. On demand
2. Are u positioning her well? My DD burps easier on my lap than on my shoulder
3. As long as it doesn't have mucus and it's not green, then it's fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2017
enque:

massage her tummy wt warm water
lay her on her tummy.........do not leave her unsupervised pls
Hello ma'm pls why does she have to supervise her baby while she is laid on her tummy. My baby has been sleeping on his tummy since he was a week old or thereabout. Pls shed more light on this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
eksbabe:
Hello ma'm pls why does she have to supervise her baby while she is laid on her tummy. My baby has been sleeping on his tummy since he was a week old or thereabout. Pls shed more light on this

it increases the risk of SIDS - sudden infant death syndrome
Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is the unexplained death, usually during sleep, of a seemingly healthy baby less than a year old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
enque:

it increases the risk of SIDS - sudden infant death syndrome
Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is the unexplained death, usually during sleep, of a seemingly healthy baby less than a year old.
shocked shocked Holy Moly. Didnt know of this until now and i just had to go read up on it. Twas a nurse that told me to place him on his tummy so he could sleep for long and i dont even know if it works cuz he still wakes up like after every 3 hours. Stopping this tummy sleeping right away, better to be safe than sorry. Wheeew
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
eksbabe:
shocked shocked Holy Moly. Didnt know of this until now and i just had to go read up on it. Twas a nurse that told me to place him on his tummy so he could sleep for long and i dont even know if it works cuz he still wakes up like after every 3 hours. Stopping this tummy sleeping right away, better to be safe than sorry. Wheeew

@ bolded,

I've heard this too but never tried it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dependableGod(f): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Mamas good morning. My baby has been throwing up since every fees yesterday evening because someone fed her ice cream yesterday. Ice-fucking-cream! Who Does that? Who feeds a 5week old baby Ice cream? My 47years old Sister in law that you expect would know better. I'm literally shaking as I'm remembering this. Now my baby is throwing up at every feed. She throws up every thing she is fed and starts crying and then I have to feed her again and she throws up and starts crying. This is how it has been since last night. We would do n go to the hospital, just waiting for hubby to come and pick us up but she has managed to sleep and I'm wondering if anybody has any remedy for me.

Meanwhile, make una help me judge this matter as I'm about to go off tangent and insult somebody not minding she is almost 20years older than me. My husband comes from a large family of 9children and he is the last born and you know how large families are. Although they same mother and father, kwanta dey plenty so I dey try stay on my lane but I'm very close to my husband's immediate elder sister who had her baby 's birthday yesterday so everyone was there. I was in the sitting room with my baby but tge party was downstairs so this my eldest SIL (let's call her A) comes up with their eldest brother's daughter who is 9months and she starts feeding her ice cream. I did not say anything but in my mind I felt it was wrong. About 30mins later, I wanted to go downstairs and take something so I have my bay to my husband's cousin. Less than 10mins ,I was back and I saw my baby smacking her lips with A trying to scoop more ice cream into her mouth. To say i was she'll shocked is an understatement. This is a 5weeks old baby for pete' s sake!! How are you feeding her ice cream? I quickly dashed and carried my baby from her and said (not to her face though but loud enough for her to hear) that she should never try that with my baby. I angrily left for a friend's house close by and did not return to the party until my husbAnd was ready to leave. Now SIL A married quite late and does not have a child. That is where I entered trouble. I was told she went downstairs where the party was and started crying that she carried my baby and I insulted her, that is it because she does not have a child? That I shunned her snd told her never to touch my child. Hubby called to know where I was and he came and I explained to him. He told me not to pick any of his siblings calls and we went home. Everyone started calling hubby telling him to put his wife in check, that how can I insult A who is almost 20yrs older than me? Hubby told them that she fed out baby Ice cream and they said and so what? God knows I did not say any of those things. I only said no one should ever in their life feed my baby if I'm not there. Now MIL and FIL are saying I must go to her house and kneel down and apologise. I have told my husbAnd I'm not going. Now baby is throwing up and feeling lethargic all cos someone that should have known better fed her something she should not eat and I'm being asked to apologise for being protective of my own child. I don't want to apologise but I'm being pressured to on all sides and its driving me nuts!

Your baby will b fyn don't b scared. what she did was wrong but for peace sake forgive and forget just go to her so that peace can reign, ttc can b so so emotional, makes someone to pick and cry over every every even when it's meant for good purpose. So many advice will come from different people to a mother of a new baby, when I had my first baby that wasn't even up to a month someone said I should put small soup in his mouth, I said with fufu abi? she laughed so hard that she didn't say such again. So dear sis I'm sorry is short but goes a very long way! cheers!

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
enque:

This is what I do too..
I wipe her face using a washcloth and water
Yes, its not even good to pour water on baby's face as it can enter their nose and this can cause choking. Your method is very safe.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
ambient:
Graphic pics

Pls help my baby just passed out this bright green poo what would be the cause my pad don't have any explanation. He is on antibiotics and malaria drugs. Could it be jedi jedi.

To me, I will say its the drugs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Giddyperson:
Oh. I'm curious to know if any baby actually likes it tho. grin
I don't think babies like the taste. My method is that: Whenever I want to prepare ewedu soup for him then, I blend the liver and locust beans together, also, debone Titus fish and add to the ewedu soup.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
spiceeamiee:

Plz don't go.... What if Sumfin happened to ur baby.. God forbids.. Will dey be asking u to apologize?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
eksbabe:
New born baby can hardly move their heads, in the process of turning the head, the baby might put his nose on the pillow or mattress and this can cause suffocation leading to Sudden death. God forbid.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
enque:

1. On demand 2. Are u positioning her well? My DD burps easier on my lap than on my shoulder 3. As long as it doesn't have mucus and it's not green, then it's fine
pls can u explain d lap placing.
d poo is bright yellow wit some particles
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
hunniesuzie:
1. Thank God, we've been looking for who will help with this corruption matter. Biko allow her suck when she wants grin

2. Check 2 pages back, children have a preferred way of burping and you'll gradually figure it out. Most people burp by placing the child on their shoulder but my LO never burped like that. Leaning him forward while seated worked like magic

3. Poo is normal, it will reduce gradually as her digestive system develops

thanks God bless u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Sansa143:
my own na ova handful!I can not wear diaper properly again cos he will turn n I will turn him Bak n he will go bak again!So me n d dad will just sit n watch!When he is tired of d turning,he will cry!Dats wen we turn him bak!

Hehehe this was and still is Ilan. Lol
Just brace yourself very soon he won't even let you wear him clothes or bath him without him trying to come out of the bath cheesy
Ilan almost got out of his the other day and my jaw dropped cheesy
Dressing him up is almost imimpossible! It takes like 30mins to dress him up o. By the time I finish, my waist go de sing another song cheesy

Now he no want crawl o. He only loves to stand. Put him to sit, he will cry. Put him to stand he will laugh, giggle, shout, jump, and be hitting the chair or table in excitement, then he will start looking for what to destroy (my phone has become his victim)

The joys of motherhood grin

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
comtem2011:
New born baby can hardly move their heads, in the process of turning the head, the baby might put his nose on the pillow or mattress and this can cause suffocation leading to Sudden death. God forbid.
Oho this actually makes sense now, i notice my ds moves his head sometimes and when he puts his nose on the pillow, he struggles to get it out but still ends up turning totally. Better to just use a safe sleeping position jare. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
Testimony Time grin
So after mamas chuk mouth on my ds navel issue, d remaining cord finally fell off and it is closing up now. Thank you all for the contributions and a special thanks to ma'm crystalzoe for that salt treatment tip.
Also, he is no longer throwing up after every feed and even when he spits out its just in little quantity which happens like once/twice a day.
Thanks mamas for coming through kiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
Contact 09053629994 or 09098642287 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo Single SuperFast Electric Breast Pump FOR ONLY 18K PROMO PRICE!!! With Battery Case Bonus FREE (allows you use the pump without power supply)!!!

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

Contact 09053629994 for details or orders!!!

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Contact 09053629994 or 09098642287 for details or orders!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Thanks Hunniesuzie, Naomi14 and enque.

God help us mothers, babies sometimes are trial and error. I never see this kind before.

She don cry comot something for my body, cue me frantically googling for cause and solution.

I now realised that banana is the culprit for that was the only strange thing I ate and am not a fan of banana oo na longa longa make me eat am.

I also realised that lemon water cures it and have already sent for lemons

Mothers are trying. Kai!! See how one tiny human being go hold person hostage and yet we can't help but love them to the soles of their feet. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
Burntcoal:

d poo is bright yellow wit some particles
D particles look like EGUSI Abi?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
@spiceeamiee, my dear, its not good she fed your baby with icecream at all, but i dont think she meant bad. ttc is really a hard phase in ones life and even if you sneeze innocently, the person might take it personal. i know cos i have ttced. that being said, i will advise you to go and apologize to her, even if its not from your heart, make it seem super real. not because you are wrong but because you love your sanity and extended family's unity and happiness.
its hard but you can do it. if you decide to be friendly with her after or not is totally your business, but pls go and apologize.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Burntcoal:

I use the 2nd method in the pix. sit her on my lap and rub her back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
enque:
D particles look like EGUSI Abi?
yes ooo am I safe??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
Sigh! Thanks mama

hotmomma:
@spiceeamiee, my dear, its not good she fed your baby with icecream at all, but i dont think she meant bad. ttc is really a hard phase in ones life and even if you sneeze innocently, the person might take it personal. i know cos i have ttced. that being said, i will advise you to go and apologize to her, even if its not from your heart, make it seem super real. not because you are wrong but because you love your sanity and extended family's unity and happiness.
its hard but you can do it. if you decide to be friendly with her after or not is totally your business, but pls go and apologize.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.