Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412373 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by KateFowler7: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2017
I just bought a car seat for my baby. Who did it too? I read a ton of reviews before buying, mostly https://bestcarseathub.com/best-car-seat-stroller-combo-travel-systems/ . I found it more helpful and decided to follow their tips.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2017
zaynie:

Crush ginger, soak in hot water, add lemon/lime and honey..
Drink, gurgle.
It always works cos ginger has strong anti-inflammatory properties, lemon is a good antioxidant and disinfectant and honey is just soothing and sweet grin
it sounds like it will work fast. But will it not affect my lo. Cos ordinary pain killer that they gave me at th the hospital affected him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
it sounds like it will work fast. But will it not affect my lo. Cos ordinary pain killer that they gave me at th the hospital affected him

It won't affect him.
These are regular foods that we eat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
In this season (corn season) cold and catarrh is inevitable flu is everywhere now. U can do steam bath (get a big bucket that she can sit in, fill it with hot and cold water then put her inside let her sit in it to neck brim with your support leave her for 2min she might cry wen u first put her don't worry it's normal wen u brinng her out let someone back her immediately note she will fall asleep immediately it helps a lot morning and night for 3days. doc says don't cover her too much but don't expose her too always rub her rib and chest with mentholatum and ori
dapotemi:
So glad to read all the wonderful advice here from all the mommas in the house; though am a father with a 3 weeks old baby, i always look foward to this page to read and pass the wonderful info to my wifey. Please this is our worry;
My baby suddenly started having rashes on her forehead, dosctor says we should not cover her too much because shes big (4.2 at birth) and we heed that advice. My wife suddenly develop cold/cough/catarrh and i was scared that she will pass it on to our baby, took mum to hospital and shes getting better but within 48 hours, baby started having running nose; its so painful to see her struggle with breath. But her appetite is good, shes EBF and she feeds well and poo well( like 4 times a day). My MIL sometimes put her mouth in my babys nose to suck out the mucus sometimes(i dont knw if this is right) and baby feels good for a while b4 she will starting running her nose again, she does not sleep well as before. We only give her Vit C every 3 hour and Panda cold/paracetamol. Rashes due to heat and now catarrh due to cold AT THESAME TIME. Pls advice.
N.B I'm also planning to take her to the hospital on mon or tue, preferably a general hospital because i notice that our private hospital does not have childrens doc(peadetrician).
Pls wetin make we do, am so confuse, this is our first child!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Dapotemi, it also helps to put drops of eucalyptus oil on her pillow or blankie or on Harrison face towel and place it beside her so she can inhale it, it keeps the nostrils clear.

Tell mom to use Vapour Rub,works better that Mentholatum or Robb or Aboniki sef and it's gentle too but babies below 3 years can't use it.
Mom should also up her intake of food with Vit C content so baby can take it up.
Don't wrap her up too much just make sure her head is covered with a light cap and if she's really hairy, then let her be.
Also wear mittens for her and socks,rub Mentholatum on her hand and feet before wearing them.
AC and fan might have to be used sparingly.
Do the steam bath Hunniesuzie described above.
It's good mama is sucking the goo out.
You might also not want to lay her flat on her back, like slant a really big pillow and let her lie on it with her head elevated (the whole body will be on the slanted pillow), that way the runny nose obeys gravity and slides down instead of getting stuck.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OloriAbefe(f): 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Afternoon house.
Pls, I need suggestions as what to be giving my lo.
She is 7month now, but all she takes is pap. Just PAP.
I tried mixing the pap with nan2, but I just wasted my money, lo refused it .
I was advised to give cerelac, lo didn't take it either, in fact she vomitted the all her stomach yesterday.
I gave her custard, she took it a lil, she really do not like it as much as pap.
I really wanna start giving her varieties but I'm short of options.
What is notice is DT creamy food irritates her somehow (I might be wrong), but the face she makes anytime I mix baby milk with her pap or custard is like YUCK! .
I would have tried tom-brown for her, but we don't take "JERO" ( I don't know if it's millet or guineacorn) in our house.
Pls house, I need ideas abt what and what to grind together to start feeding her with that won't include "jero" and will Also give her all the vitamins she needs.
And I just got a juicer, what kinda fruit juice should I start giving her and how often should I start juicing fruits for her.
Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
I guess she's a baby that's why I said mentholatum.
zaynie:
Dapotemi, it also helps to put drops of eucalyptus oil on her pillow or blankie or on Harrison face towel and place it beside her so she can inhale it, it keeps the nostrils clear.

Tell mom to use Vapour Rub,works better that Mentholatum or Robb or Aboniki sef and it's gentle too but babies below 3 years can't use it.
Mom should also up her intake of food with Vit C content so baby can take it up.
Don't wrap her up too much just make sure her head is covered with a light cap and if she's really hairy, then let her be.
Also wear mittens for her and socks,rub Mentholatum on her hand and feet before wearing them.
You might also not want to lay her flat on her back, like slant a really big pillow and let her lie on it with her head elevated (the whole body will be on the slanted pillow), that way the runny nose obeys gravity and slides down instead of getting stuck.

Good luck.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
U can make Tom brown without millet or guinea corn the main ingredient of Tom brown is soy beans
OloriAbefe:
Afternoon house.
I was advised to give cerelac, lo didn't take it either, in fact she vomitted the all her stomach yesterday.
I gave her custard, she took it a lil, she really do not like it as much as pap.
What is notice is DT creamy food irritates her somehow (I might be wrong), but the face she makes anytime I mix baby milk with her pap or custard is like YUCK! .
I would have tried tom-brown for her, but we don't take "JERO" ( I don't know if it's millet or guineacorn) in our house.
Pls house, I need ideas abt what and what to grind together to start feeding her with that won't include "jero" and will Also give her all the vitamins she needs.
And I just got a juicer, what kinda fruit juice should I start giving her and how often should I start juicing fruits for her.
Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brisnar55: 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
That's really true. But all of the babies are really brings fun and happiness. Thought there are some challenges to give them right direction.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
OloriAbefe:
Afternoon house.
Thanks.

You can give her watermelon juice(contains a lot of vitamin c)
My daughter also rejected cerelac even till now, why don't you try other cereals.

Have you tried cooking and mashing/purring for her. What of giving her what you eat?

2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
Good afternoon mamas in the house. Does anyone have remedy for sore throats. It really hurt's to even swallow spite is a problem and its accompanied with headache though before it started I saw my doc and ran malaria test and urinalysis and there was one plus malaria and a trace of protain in my Urine and he prescribed coatem and amioxil 500mg which I have not started taking bit I urgently need the throat remedy. Note:I am doing EBF
How are u feeling now? Well, my remedy for sore throat is hot water+honey+ ginger+Lipton. 3 times in a day,
Sore throat sometimes is just a sign that the person want to have cough. Also, try throat lozenges like vickys sweet ( baba blue and the lemon type). It will cure it, and avoid cold water for now.

God's healing ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
jaysmama:

At 8 months my first was eating watermelon never tried eko . If your kid likes it and no adverse reactions you are good to go.
Eko is just another way of making pap in a solid way. I don't think there should be any reaction. But, the only Advice i will give is that, make it yourself.

As per water melon, we started since 3 months self.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
TashaStPatrik:
Good evening world people.. Plz I need help. My 2weeks old baby girl has some rashes on her neck. She is quit fleshy down there (neck area) .. It hurts her more when the room is hot ( I almost cried with her this afternoon).. My sister recommended ABF3 cream for me to apply on the affected area. I don't know if her skin is ready enough for such creams. Plz if anyone has conquered this situation, Biko help me out here.. Thanking you all in advance
Try baby tribotan and agnesia powder.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
@dapotemi note that my family doctor did the steam bath for my son when he had breathing issue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
comtem2011:
Eko is just another way of making pap in a solid way. I don't think there should be any reaction. But, the only Advice u will give is that, make it yourself.

As per water melon, we started since 3 months self.

really did u make it in juice form?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
queensnow:
really did u make it in juice form?
its just the settled water in the bowl. But I make sure I didn't buy the ones that has been cut, we buy in whole and cut it by myself, then I drain the water and use drop to give him. He will be 2 years next month, no hitch at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
queensnow:
I guess she's a baby that's why I said mentholatum.

I wasn't contradicting you, I agree with you that Mentholatum should be used for the baby, the mom can opt for Vapour Rub.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
comtem2011:
its just the settled water in the bowl. But I make sure I didn't buy the ones that has been cut, we buy in whole and cut it by myself, then I drain the water and use drop to give him. He will be 2 years next month, no hitch at all.

good Ama start giving my son being hoping on giving him fruit tipetipe thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
zaynie:

Good luck.
there is a vapour rob that's suitable for 6months and above. Product of Vicks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adetunrayo(f): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hello house, pls is Royan hospital at Ojodu Berger a good hospital for antenatal clinic? Any one with info will b appreciated.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
queensnow:
good Ama start giving my son being hoping on giving him fruit tipetipe thank u ma
Yes o, it won't hurt.

By the way, its good to introduce them to different taste as early as possible, it helps them to eat well when the time comes.

I started giving him ewedu soup at 5 months.
When I eventually introduced solid food fully, he grabbed it gidigan, I never experienced any difficulty in feeding him. Whatever u give him na chop and swallow, even till now. He can eat for Africa. I never for once fed him with formula, i only add to his cereal, from breast to solid. But I Breastfeed him for like 18 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
cheesy interesting he will be 4month next month can't wait Ama spoil him with food although he's a light eater grin
comtem2011:
Yes o, it won't hurt.

By the way, its good to introduce them to different taste as early as possible, it helps them to eat well when the time comes.

I started giving him ewedu soup at 5 months.
When I eventually introduced solid food fully, he grabbed it gidigan, I never experienced any difficulty in feeding him. Whatever u give him na chop and swallow, even till now. He can eat for Africa. I never for once fed him with formula, i only add to his cereal, from breast to solid. But I Breastfeed him for like 18 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
Biko mamas that give formula what water do you boil and put in the flask for making formula. Is it tap water or Eva water. Or is it ok if I just take hot dispenser water. Cc Hunniesuzzie Jazzyjazz Beyedew Enque anyone
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TashaStPatrik: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
Giddyperson:
Biko mamas that give formula what water do you boil and put in the flask for making formula. Is it tap water or Eva water. Or is it ok if I just take hot dispenser water. Cc Hunniesuzzie Jazzyjazz Beyedew Enque anyone

I boil tap water and put in the flask.. Mbok Giddyperson help me out here.. My baby started with SMA gold the day she was born cos I had not started milking on the first day.. She continued taking the formula till 8days ago when she started spitting it out to concentrate on breast milk.. Plz I want to try another formula, am thinking she just doesn't like the SMA anymore.

NB: She's 2weeks and three day today
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
Mamas in da building pls join me

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
U can try cow and gate my son started taking it wen he was 5wks old now he's 14wks s so far he enjoys it.
TashaStPatrik:

I boil tap water and put in the flask.. Mbok Giddyperson help me out here.. My baby started with SMA gold the day she was born cos I had not started milking on the first day.. She continued taking the formula till 8days ago when she started spitting it out to concentrate on breast milk.. Plz I want to try another formula, am thinking she just doesn't like the SMA anymore.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Giddyperson:
I boil pure water u can use hot water from dispenser. The idea is to give ur lo good water since we don't know the source of the water we drink it's better to boil it either pure water, bottler water or tap water.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Giddyperson:
Biko mamas that give formula what water do you boil and put in the flask for making formula. Is it tap water or Eva water. Or is it ok if I just take hot dispenser water. Cc Hunn..iesuzzie Jaz..zyjazz Be..yedew Enque anyone

I used boiled Eva water from birth to 7 months.
Started using boiled tap water from 7 months till date.
I've never used boiled dispenser hot water....I give her dispenser warm water (hot+cold) for drinking.

If u have to use tap water pls be sure its very clean and safe for drinking. U also have to boil it very well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misstolaly(f): 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
Yesitsme:
this one is good ......No 4 Otuyelu off fadunsi Avenue, oke GRA Ogba. JUST LIKE HOME

Thanks mom, do you mean oke ira, Ogba and is the name 'just like home' ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
TashaStPatrik:

How's ur breast.milk supply now?
Maybe she just wants breast.milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misstolaly(f): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Little hands daycare centre. 68.Allen Avenue Ikeja. Used the place for my son when I worked at Allen.

Thanks mom, I'll check them out tomorrow.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Giddyperson:
Biko mamas that give formula what water do you boil and put in the flask for making formula. Is it tap water or Eva water. Or is it ok if I just take hot dispenser water. Cc Hun.niesuzzie Jazz.yjazz Be.yedew Enqu.e anyone
I used bottled water till he got to 12months then I started with tap or pure water, whichever was accessible.
[s]But with this recession, I don't think I will try that method with this bun sha[/s] grin. The idea is to give good and hygienic water. Hth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.