Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402541 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2017
helovesme:

Lol @ skoin skoin

If she's given you the go ahead, then trust her.

Another option (which is really hard) is to stop breastfeeding till you are done with the drugs.

What's the core ingredient of the tabs? Google it and see if it's safe to use in pregnancy.

Hmm I would have stopped breastfeeding till I'm done with the drugs but my 7 month old pikin no gree chop solids o. I've tried everything but the boy is not wanting to understand my language samsam.

I'll google the ingredients of the drugs and see.
Thanks for the response ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2017
zaynie:
Jazzy. It's safe.

Fruitfulhome, TB is not to be joked with. Please send her back and be sure to monitor that she's taking treatment, when she's better you can bring her back.
TB is so infectious that there's a separate lab for sample collection in hospitals and you need to see how they kit up to test the sample sef cos it is highly infectious and doesn't respond to treatment easily.

Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2017
hunniesuzie:
By the way my package came in yesterday but I haven't gone to pick it. I ordered on the 9th of August.
Cc Enque and Chanbaby

My order has been processed already. Just waiting for notification of shipping.
I ordered for asda little angels size 4 plus and Johnson's detangler leave in conditioner (they sell that one around here for about 4k and it's like 1,300 on MFA)
Even though that $5 convenience fee high sha but it's still better than buying here for the outrageous amounts they are selling
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2017
Hello mama's, gud morning pls i nid business ideal, i stay at ekiti nd was just wondering wat kind of business to do.
Cc liftedhand, Twogreatnations, olubankemi, realdentist, zaynie, iomoge2 nd other sabi mama's.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2017
No matter the weather max twice. The evening one is usually just to rinse his body cos he sweats a lot.

Naomi14:
Happy weekend mamas! Please when your lo clocked 3months, how many times do you bath him/her daily during hot/cold weather?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:25am On Aug 26, 2017
Ah true @ 5 USD although the items are still cheaper than naija even with it so I don't consider that one as expense. Also we're not paying for shipping from the abroad

jazzyjazz:

My order has been processed already. Just waiting for notification of shipping.
I ordered for asda little angels size 4 plus and Johnson's detangler leave in conditioner (they sell that one around here for about 4k and it's like 1,300 on MFA)
Even though that $5 convenience fee high sha but it's still better than buying here for the outrageous amounts they are selling
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Abeg make Una no vex
I've been really ill.
Finally went to the hospital yesterday and results show malaria plus plus. The Doctor decided to place me on arthemeter injections for 3 days first before I start taking arthemeter drugs and pcm
These are the drugs I was given

Usually before I take any drugs I use an app on my phone to check and be sure it wont affect my son but I can't seem to find anything about these ones

I hope its safe o

Cc
Helovesme
Onegai
Soonest (hope you're good)
Realdentist (how's baby)

I'm fine o!

The drugs are ok. The tablet is arthemether lumefantrine. A little is excreted in breastmilk but no cause for alarm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CoolOne1: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
@jazzyjazz n Hunniesize,pls can u explain in detail ow Mall for Africa works??I tried to download d app on my fone and was successful, so I just gave up..thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
soonest:

I'm fine o!

The drugs are ok. The tablet is arthemether lumefantrine. A little is excreted in breastmilk but no cause for alarm.

Been ages o
How's U?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Don't use the app. Just Google and open grocery direct from there

CoolOne1:
@jazzyjazz n Hunniesize,pls can u explain in detail ow Mall for Africa works??I tried to download d app on my fone and was successful, so I just gave up..thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hersserbi3(f): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
Good day sabi mamas, pls my 3yr old son hit his forehead on d wall while playing. Iv massaged it with Robb, ori , but its still swollen. Its almost 3 weeks now. Pls, what can I do again to make it go. Thanks@ all.
cc; all mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
CoolOne1:
@jazzy...jazz n Hunnies...ize,pls can u explain in detail ow Mall for Africa works??I tried to download d app on my fone and was successful, so I just gave up..thanks a lot

U can use Google Chrome browser.... It's easier to use than the app.
U need to create an account n then login.
Click on grocery direct
Search for little angels and u ll c d different types t select from
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
Why are mothers like this?

First it was, "breast does not fill him, give him formula"
Now that we're on solids it's ewo ni gbogbo omi yi, fun ni cerelac

My baby has an unfinished bottle of milk that I have insisted he must finish

Mumsi: let me make cerelac for him
Me: no
5 mins later
Mumsi: he doesn't want milk, he wants cerelac
Me: then he's not yet hungry (also how did he tell you what he wants)
5 mins later
Mumsi to Bobo: *in baby talk* my baby you want cerelac abi? I should make cereal for you? You don't want milk abi? Big boys don't eat milk abi? Etc
Me: undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Why are mothers like this?

First it was, "breast does not fill him, give him formula"
Now that we're on solids it's ewo ni gbogbo omi yi, fun ni cerelac

My baby has an unfinished bottle of milk that I have insisted he must finish

Mumsi: let me make cerelac for him
Me: no
5 mins later
Mumsi: he doesn't want milk, he wants cerelac
Me: then he's not yet hungry (also how did he tell you what he wants)
5 mins later
Mumsi to Bobo: *in baby talk* my baby you want cerelac abi? I should make cereal for you? You don't want milk abi? Big boys don't eat milk abi? Etc
Me: undecided undecided undecided

Bwahahahaha @ big boys don't eat milk
Argue wt my mum n she Wee giv u lowdown of how she has done wat ur doing 4 times so she understands better.

Use the unfinished milk to mix d cerelac Na... Make e for no waste.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
roseval:
Hello mama's, gud morning pls i nid business ideal, i stay at ekiti nd was just wondering wat kind of business to do.
Cc liftedhand, Twogreatnations, olubankemi, realdentist, zaynie, iomoge2 nd other sabi mama's.

Depends on what interests u..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hersserbi3:
Good day sabi mamas, pls my 3yr old son hit his forehead on d wall while playing. Iv massaged it with Robb, ori , but its still swollen. Its almost 3 weeks now. Pls, what can I do again to make it go. Thanks@ all.
cc; all mamas.

Y not take him t hospital so they check it out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
He kuku finished it. He apparently was trying to poo and he usually stops eating (or anything he's doing) when he's pooing so he can concentrate wella grin

enque:

Bwahahahaha @ big boys don't eat milk
Argue wt my mum n she Wee giv u lowdown of how she has done wat ur doing 4 times so she understands better.

Use the unfinished milk to mix d cerelac Na... Make e for no waste.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
Thanks ma'am!
hunniesuzie:
No matter the weather max twice. The evening one is usually just to rinse his body cos he sweats a lot.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
We have bin bathing twice cos of d way he sweats,mostly d evening bath is to wash sweat so he can sleep well!
Naomi14:
Happy weekend mamas! Please when your lo clocked 3months, how many times do you bath him/her daily during hot/cold weather?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
Thanks ma'am!
Sansa143:
We have bin bathing twice cos of d way he sweats,mostly d evening bath is to wash sweat so he can sleep well!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by voucher(f): 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
Please o the doctor said I should add plenty sugar to my baby's food when he's six months old...I thought babies dnt need sugar? And my husband agreed to it, i dnt want to give my baby sugar o! He said plentyy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CoolOne1: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
Thanks enque n hunniesize
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
voucher:
Please o the doctor said I should add plenty sugar to my baby's food when he's six months old...I thought babies dnt need sugar? And my husband agreed to it, i dnt want to give my baby sugar o! He said plentyy
This sounds dangerous. What kinda doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 5:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
@coolniks, in addition to what mama's have advised... you can download chuchutv rhymes for your son...they are indeed helpful for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
voucher:

Sugar ke, when their orishirishi cereal is already sweet even their milk/breast milk

That's why a Paed is much better for children. Very soon he'll ask you to put plenty Maggi/salt when cooking for your baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mizz2posh: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
Not

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
mizz2posh:
Not everyday at home with the baby mommas, sometimes, milk those boobies, leave the baby at home and enjoy some me time wink
cute cute u... lemme see the sugar puni today nah as e dey hot wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sabi maamas et all abeg choke mouth.
my 12weeks + baby will just put his entire fist in his mouth and be biting and licking saliva! I remove countless times but he goes back, abeg is that one teething?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
fruitfulhome:
Thank you mamas. I neva envisaged problem like this. See me see wahala. What its the essence wen she can't even help me to carry baby while I do house chores bc I now carry baby myself. If you ask her to run and get something, that is how she will be breathing like she is struggling.

My dear Alphahandmaiden, I tire for her people. Na so dem carry empty bag bring her. I had to start buy buy what she will wear on top buying drugs. They couldn't even open up to me about her illness. I was just busy treating typhoid and malaria (because when I did test, she had high malaria) and cough, if not that she coughed out blood. See as antibiotics for kids they cost. When i called them, they said as at when she came, they thought she was ok and they also said her grandmother from her dad gave her poison. From all what you all said, I will use this week to run around and see that those test are done. If it happens to b TB or any contagious illness, I'm sending her back by the weekend. God knows I have tried.

Meanwhile which test should i start with...this govt hospital gave me mautox test, chest xray, WBC/ESR test and sputum test to do. They don't conduct all the test in their hospital
Struggling to breathe like fast breathing during any activity is another sign of tuberculosis. If you stay in the East, I know of mile 4 hospital in Ebonyi state. its a church hospital and they offer free treatments for tuberculosis.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
Naomi14:
We bathed 2ice daily from birth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
roseval:
Cc liftedd other sabi mama's.
Start by looking around you and see what people need but is scarce. Secondly and most important in my opinion is what do you have passion for? Cos when business gets slow it's your passion and desire that will keep you going.

I hope I've helped small good luck.

Mamaoo long time happy belated birthday​ to baby J! May he always give you joy and happiness! May God continue to watch over him for you. Kisses to the lil big man kiss

Did I just read Alphahandmaiden giving advice on ogi shocked I think we are about to have a new convert into the league of GREAT OGI VOLTRONS! DEFENDER AND USER OF ALL THINGS OGI grin cheesy cheesy tongue lols the tips you gave are so on point.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
Naomi14 I bathe my son once a day! If the weather is hot I wipe him down with a wash cloth .

When he got older I just fill a bowl with ordinary water whenever it's hot and he will just splash about in it.

Proper bathing for us is done just once either night or morning.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.