Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406245 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
jess20:

You should use formular. Don't add sugar or glucose

Tnx sister.I was told LO won't eat if it's not sweetened oooo embarassed
Sent it to u & ijeoma2728
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
vickilafab:

Thanks much. Yes, I'll add formula but was just wondering about the sugar because I was told LO won't eat it if its not sweetened.

I started my LO on Frisogold too but stopped later when I realized he's allergic to it-nasal congestion. No sugar or honey yet but I do add blended date & formula to his cereals & or pap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
vickilafab:

What are you mamas sharing? Let dad benefit from it o... Lol....shinnextf@gmx.com
Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayok(f): 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
Pls i need the mommy book too @okirewaju, vickilafab.my email addy is mayokundammy@gmail.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jess20: 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
vickilafab:

Thanks dear, have received it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
vickilafab:
Sweet moms grin
Please who has used frisolac gold and frisogld cereal for their LOs? It was recommended to me & I'd like to sample experiences before purchasing. Thanks.
My ds takes frisogold rice cereal and its good for him. i think u cld buy it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
vickilafab:
Pls moms & dads wink
Do I need to add sugar or glucose to my LOs pap? Just about to start him on it. He's already eating mashed bananas, potatoes, rice, plantain & oranges.
i add sugar to my LO's pap and he tolerates it . i dont add to his cereal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
lovinam:

Wow. You started late o. Step 1- buy pants , she has to wear it during the day. Keep her potty near the toilet door. First week is tough, once she poos on her pant u let her know its wrong then gently take her to her potty and show her where to poo. First thing every morning put her in her potty, she will def wee. Every child is diff, my first was challenging to train. It usually better to Start as soon as your child can walk. Don't forget to introduce the words poo and wee.
Wen s d best tym to start potty training in terms of age? Or shld it just b as soon as d child starts walking regardless of age?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 5:56am On Oct 13, 2014
tchiwinnie:
Wen s d best tym to start potty training in terms of age? Or shld it just b as soon as d child starts walking regardless of age?
Yes o, as soon as baby starts walking. Some start @ 9 months, they just put the baby there to teach him how to sit on it. The toilet seat should be for d older kid tho. From 2yrs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 6:31am On Oct 13, 2014
LaRoyalHighness:
Your LO will seat when he\she is ready.... Just keep trying ok... I must add that some children don't like potty' like my son(2 years) I used to try with potty and it was difficult as he would scream and cry for reasons best known to him.. then one day i decided to try toilet seat... And he was excited about it... That's how i said good bye to diaper.
Thanks, I'll keep trying.

Why she scream/refuse to sit on the potty beats my imagination because she can sit on her chair comfortably

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 6:40am On Oct 13, 2014
lovinam:
You know there is a toilet seat for babies. Try that too, some kids just don't like potty but u have to consistent about the training. Not try today and diaper tomorrow. He has to know you mean business. What type of potty are you using? The one that comes with the bath set is not the best. Get the one that is high. I think it is a papilon product.
Yes I have been using the one that came with the bath set.

Will be on the look out for the papilon product then.

There was one I saw when I went to buy my baby's formula recently but I did not check the product(cost 4k) dunno if that's the papilon?

If not how much does that go for?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2014
vickilafab:

thank you plenty
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FynBabe(f): 11:01am On Oct 13, 2014
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 11:05am On Oct 13, 2014
okirewaju:
Yes I have been using the one that came with the bath set.

Will be on the look out for the papilon product then.

There was one I saw when I went to buy my baby's formula recently but I did not check the product(cost 4k) dunno if that's the papilon?

If not how much does that go for?
Nooo! It shouldn't cost more than 1k. It has lemon green, blue, and pink colours
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2014
Hello mamas nd papas hope you had a lovely weekend? my 9 month old son hates milk , tried the yogurt to no go area, yesterday I was taking hollandia evaporated milk,while I was with d can he struggled with me so I gave him a sip nd he LOVED it ,

Pls is der any baby milk dat has almost same taste cos I've tried nan nd sma .

I've also tried sneaking it in *for where* he doesn't take pap nd his basic diet is yam, carrots, butter, chicken or liver puree den I add a lil spice.he also takes fish nd egg.d only milk he takes is bossom milk.is it OK?

sorry for my long story.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:46am On Oct 13, 2014
lovinam:

Wow. You started late o. Step 1- buy pants , she has to wear it during the day. Keep her potty near the toilet door. First week is tough, once she poos on her pant u let her know its wrong then gently take her to her potty and show her where to poo. First thing every morning put her in her potty, she will def wee. Every child is diff, my first was challenging to train. It usually better to Start as soon as your child can walk. Don't forget to introduce the words poo and wee.

My sister, when i keep her there, she would sit o, i will talk wee-wee or poo-poo, when i am done, she will stand up and walk away, the potty will now turn into play pen.

Yesterday i noticed she wanted to poo, i carried her to put on the potty, they cry no be here o, i put her on the normal toilet, they cry was more serious.

i wore her diaper, she went to the corner and pooed.

Well, i will keep trying.

thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2014
tchiwinnie:

my sis, i have heard so many things concerning this potty training thingy, someone said that the child should be able to talk/express herself, that it is easier then.

another said she should be two first.

yet another said they do when their body is ready, it is only that we can aid.

I just need the different skills to use.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 11:54am On Oct 13, 2014
Goodmorning fellow mothers. Pls i also wantthe mommy book. My email is yemstico@gmail.com. Concerning the potty training i think one shld start wen they start walking regardless of what age they are.they will be able to recognise where their potty is and will also be able to say poo poo or wee wee. May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zee10(f): 11:57am On Oct 13, 2014
lovinam:

Nooo! It shouldn't cost more than 1k. It has lemon green, blue, and pink colours
Pls lovinam can u upload d pics of d potty let me see wat it luks like. Sori for any inconvenience.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yes you can give cerelac, cerelac is till 3years if you can continue no problem. My baby is 14 months old all she takes is cereal I do different type I am not bothered anytime she is ready to eat adult food well she will and more over she is going to eat adult food for a very long time so why bother, my baby takes adult food but not as a meal.
@vicki, you can add sugar like I said it depends on you.
Moniella:
Helo mums I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the house. Pls i need your advice: my 13 month old baby still preferred taking cereal, pap A♌d any other liquid. Though ϊf i give her any other food she will eat a little A♌d she will not be satisfied. She still preferred liquid food. Pls can she still be takeing cerelac? A♌d what other baby cereal can i buy for her age.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
lovinam:
Yes o, as soon as baby starts walking. Some start @ 9 months, they just put the baby there to teach him how to sit on it. The toilet seat should be for d older kid tho. From 2yrs.
okk thanks.I ll start warming up for d training small small.lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
ijeoma2728:
Hello mamas nd papas hope you had a lovely weekend? my 9 month old son hates milk , tried the yogurt to no go area, yesterday I was taking hollandia evaporated milk,while I was with d can he struggled with me so I gave him a sip nd he LOVED it ,

Pls is der any baby milk dat has almost same taste cos I've tried nan nd sma .

I've also tried sneaking it in *for where* he doesn't take pap nd his basic diet is yam, carrots, butter, chicken or liver puree den I add a lil spice.he also takes fish nd egg.d only milk he takes is bossom milk.is it OK?

sorry for my long story.
pls ow do u prepare d chicken puree? Does blender really gring d chicken well such dat baby can tk it? Sorry i dont kno any milk wt similar taste to hollandia.Pple say its good.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
[quote author=tchiwinnie post=27109574]pls ow do u prepare d chicken puree? Does blender really gring d chicken well such dat baby can tk it? Sorry i dont kno any milk wt similar taste to hollandia.Pple say its good.[/quote

I mix it with yam, carrots , lil butter nd small maggi.Yes it blends it well use d stock nd remove d skin nd bone b4 blending. U can also blend beef
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
[quote author=ijeoma2728 post=27111015][/quote]okk, thanks dear. Sorry in my earlier post i meant u cld try aptamil, pple say its good.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
corrall:

My sister, when i keep her there, she would sit o, i will talk wee-wee or poo-poo, when i am done, she will stand up and walk away, the potty will now turn into play pen.

Yesterday i noticed she wanted to poo, i carried her to put on the potty, they cry no be here o, i put her on the normal toilet, they cry was more serious.

i wore her diaper, she went to the corner and pooed.

Well, i will keep trying.

thanks.

My dear get pants , you know diaper cushions wetness. If she wees on her pant and it chills her no be persin go tell am to learn wee and poo poo. I don't use pull ups for training. I tried it and regretted it. Consistency is the key to potty training.

@ all asking for the pic. I'm sorry I can't do that but you can find it where they sell baby stuff! The dumping place slides out from under, the potty is in three pcs, u screw it together

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sandyossy(f): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
Pls,who's sending d mummy's book ooo,I need it too biko...I'm also a FTM,thank u,God bless u.....sandraosas45@yahoo.com

And mothers in d house,una goodevening oo...pls,wots d difference btw a Nigeria cerelac and a foreign cerelac and whch is better...thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
Good evening dear. Both cerelac are cereal for babies both are good. I sell both in the shop let me not guess if I get to the shop tomorrow I will check and then get back to you
sandyossy:
Pls,who's sending d mummy's book ooo,I need it too biko...I'm also a FTM,thank u,God bless u.....sandraosas45@yahoo.com

And mothers in d house,una goodevening oo...pls,wots d difference btw a Nigeria cerelac and a foreign cerelac and whch is better...thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hello mothers in der house,pls what food is good for 9 month baby,my baby only takes cerelac and pap and breastmilk.someone was telling me that I should add red oil to d pap.what do u guyz think.pls reply cos my baby is not gaining much weight as I want I think he is being underfed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
My dear in this new era I have not heard any body do it but my mum did it in those days. You can introduce and use other cereal like Nutriben, purity, cow and gate heinz.
ritawine2:
Hello mothers in der house,pls what food is good for 9 month baby,my baby only takes cerelac and pap and breastmilk.someone was telling me that I should add red oil to d pap.what do u guyz think.pls reply cos my baby is not gaining much weight as I want I think he is being underfed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
ritawine2:

Aren't you giving him formula?

Me I don't know about red oil o. These babies are human beings too...can you take palm oil and pap?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by marygold(f): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2014
Beautiful mamas in the house!good morning.Please what is the best bathing soap to use on a one year old baby?My daughter is having rashes all over her body and I am suspecting its her soap reaction.
Kindly advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:43am On Oct 14, 2014
marygold:
Beautiful mamas in the house!good morning.Please what is the best bathing soap to use on a one year old baby?My daughter is having rashes all over her body and I am suspecting its her soap reaction.
Kindly advice

Something with no fragrance like aveeno wash

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.