Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4461993 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 9:31am On Sep 03, 2017
There is agbo dat stops colic my baby took it and after 1wk d colic stop infact no colic again and he sleeps so well at night we ar going to 4month now. The point is agbo is good if u are getting it from a reliable source but we have shun agbo nowadays becus of fear or someone's bad experience the truth is we(mothers) actually took agbo while we are little in our days. The agbo my baby took was from a reliable source and it helps a lot. Do what u think is best and pls nobody should quote me ooooo bcus I know most people shun agbo while they actually took agbo when dey were little grin
spiceeamiee:
Good morning everyone. Chai! I have missed nairaland. My baby came with crying anointing to the point that Momcy called a pastor to pray for her because the cry odikwa plenty much grin grin. Bikonu my people, my baby does this groaning and grunting thing like someone that wants to pass out hard shit (sorry grin). She does it all the time and it scares all of us. As she is doing it, she maybe releasing series of atomic farts. This groaning thing does not allow her sleep well at night. She only gets some relief when i lay her on my chest but then that means no sleep for her. Everyone that we have told about it says it's her tummy and that it will resolve with time but in the meantime, what can I do to relieve her? I feel the grunting and groaning means she is in pain. Are there agbo/home remedies that can help? I regularly give her gripe water but I don't feel its doing anything for her. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2017
semilore12:
Sabi mamas please help oh....my DD doesn't like to eat anymore. Meal time is now war time, we try not to forcefeed her but she doesn't like to eat. We have just introduced solids and most times we have to distract her with water so she can open her mouth for food to enter. I have bought frisogold, Farley's Rice cereal, her pap is with banana/apple puree with similac as the milk.....but she still won't eat. The only food she eats well is amala and ewedu, she likes boiled Fish too. Biko help oh, I have tried sweet potato and fish but no luck.....no waka pass abeg. She is 7 months old

My dear sis, i'd advise you to continue with the food she eats willingly provided you prepare her own soup with lots of crayfih and also, de-bone the fish properly. my son is 10months plus and anything more than rice cereal, eba or rice is a no-no. i even have to add pureed fruits to his cereal (and in small quantity so the taste of the cereal remains the same)cos he doesn't take it directly.

infact, there was a day DH added a little too much pureed apple to his cereal; immediately he tasted the apple in the cereal, he refused it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2017
queensnow:
There is agbo dat stops colic my baby took it and after 1wk d colic stop infact no colic again and he sleeps so well at night we ar going to 4month now. The point is agbo is good if u are getting it from a reliable source but we have shun agbo nowadays becus of fear or someone's bad experience the truth is we(mothers) actually took agbo while we are little in our days. The agbo my baby took was from a reliable source and it helps a lot. Do what u think is best and pls nobody should quote me ooooo bcus I know most people shun agbo while they actually took agbo when dey were little grin
No worry, I go quote you because we too took agbo for colic cheesy.
Under 1week it stopped but I gave him for jex 2weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2017
spiceeamiee:
sad sad just that I'm desperate to try anything that will bring her relief

Worried mum�. It's a natural phenomenon.She will be fine. Me I even called the ambulance sef when it first happened to my daughter. Massaging her tummy helped a lot though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2017
Agbo especially for babies is an absolute no no. Even drugs are most times not necessary talk less of agbo. Allow the baby's system to develop before you start bomarding it with all sorts. Some simple tips like massaging the baby's tummy with a warm towel or oil and also stretching the babies legs in a sort of bicycle motion as suggested by another mum. Always ensure that your baby burps after each feed before you set her down.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 11:51am On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=semilore12 post=60074379]Sabi mamas please help oh....my DD doesn't like to eat anymore.

Ur own better at least she takes amala. Will do anything for Ds to take amala.We 9month old and we only eat Augustsecret and pap wit skippy( his new favourite)
U can try making d pap wit skippy peanut butter(very yummy)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2017
@jamjam5000 pls un quote me I said no one should quote me. I don hear u if u no hear my own every mother shd do what's best for her child. But one thing I know is that if the oyinbo pple declare today dat everyone shd give agbo to 1day old am sure everyone including u will do just dat. Do u know d so called gbomoro that's been sold is made frm agbo?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
cheesy there's a particular country that bath all their newborn with agbo and give them to drink also with great benefit. I took agbo in pregnancy sef although am not a great fan, I can only take agbo frm my mil. Funny enough if someone rebrand agbo and says it's goo for colic thousands of mother will buy it even at high price. Gbomoro is made from herbs and it's been sold at big stores even shoprite sef, annoying part is most of dis nurses dat use don't give ur baby agbo as ringing tone use agbo for their new born in their home.
Benignasweety:
No worry, I go quote you because we too took agbo for colic cheesy.
Under 1week it stopped but I gave him for jex 2weeks.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Please I don't know what this thing on my lo body is sad,all over her body .it's getting worst, been using the onions thing,its not working :-
[

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2017
@queensnow
Sorry o...no vex.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
Good day mama's and happy Sunday to u all.

Please I want to introduce my baby to a kind semi solid food as he clocks 4 months next Sunday. Please enlighten me as I'm hearing different things let me not make mistake. Some say I should give Frisco gold rice cereal. Others say millet and soya. I'm so confused. This baby sucks till day break. I started giving NAN1 once in a day when he clocked 3 months just to introduce something different from Breast milk and i dont give him everyday and he doesn't even like it

Secondly, does teething cause light poo and cataarh aside the biting of fingers?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
U are yet to modify ur earlier post
jamjam5000:
@queensnow
Sorry o...no vex.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
Is she drooling a lot? It looks like rash from drool. My LO had this. Use Vaseline blue seal immediately after bath to protect her skin from drool. Rub on her face and neck focusing on the part drool gets too. Also always wipe when she drools. Keep the area as dry as possible

Fruitful home start solids with rice cereal, buy Gerber as that's the brand I know starts from 4 months. Is he sitting well yet?

poshestmina:
Please I don't know what this thing on my lo body is sad,all over her body .it's getting worst, been using the onions thing,its not working :-
[

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Is she drooling a lot? It looks like rash from drool. My LO had this. Use Vaseline blue seal immediately after bath to protect her skin from drool. Rub on her face and neck focusing on the part drool gets too. Also always wipe when she drools. Keep the area as dry as possible

Fruitful home start solids with rice cereal, buy Gerber as that's the brand I know starts from 4 months. Is he sitting well yet?

She drools a lot but the rashes is all over her body ,it's even worse on her bumbum and very red sad

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
helovesme:

How old is your son?

He might need a course of mild antibiotics. If the boil still persists, I will suggest you take him to the hospital.

Boil can be very painful even for adults. You can give him paracetamol pending when you see a doctor.

He is 8months old. That particular boil dried up after using palm oil as other mamas suggested but I just notice two new ones. One on his arm and leg too,tho not big. Pls wat anti biotic can he take?Thanks

Thanks to other mamas that contributed. God bless.
Happy sunday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by semilore12: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
@jazzyjazz, thanks mama....will do as you have advised.@Fyngal01, thanks sis....I prepare her ewedu with plenty crayfish and Titus Fish, then she takes the fish only too. @beeejaylere, really!! I'll try the pap with skimpy too. Thanks plenty. God bless our LOs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
Then she's reacting to something. What did you just change? Cream? Soap? Just bought a new pack of the soap/cream you've been using?

Doesn't look like heat rash but let other sabi mamas come and see

[quote author=poshestmina post=60090277][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
queensnow, (fearless agbo user grin )I understand your point. Up till now, I wonder why we get secretive about names of herbs that works for a particular ailment. Personally,I would have loved that the names of the herbs are listed which makes it easy to do one's research. Please can you list the contents of the agbo since you got it from a reliable source and it worked excellently for you. I'll appreciate it.
Thank you.

cc.Benignasweety

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
Since the onion water treatment is not working, take your LO to the hospital to rule out cases of allergy etc. and get adequate treatment.
She will be fine.

poshestmina:
[

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
On the agbo issue!

Just because our parents and grandparents gave us certain things does not mean they are the best.

20 yrs ago it was considered ok to build with abestos..... now it has been found that it causes a serious and irreversible respiratory disease... which is terminal. So will you say because your father built with abestos, you will go ahead and do the same?

Many of these herbs and sticks are not only boiled; they are steeped in locally brewed alchohol to extract the "essense". Do you know what % of alcohol is used, thr effects on infant developement? Or all the twigs/ plants that are used? Either local names or latin/ english equivalent.

your baby may have an allergy, and some can be quite severe enough to kill.

I know of cases of people who have died from everyday "normal" stuff, because of unknown allergens they were exposed, or one extra ingredients, or preparation methods gone wrong.

Some everyday plants can be poisonous if prepared wrongly or if the wrong part is used..... the humble cassava and irish potato are a good example....

As a parent you are reaponsible for your child's health. Do what you think is best.

If S#!+ happens, do not forget to take your bottle of agbo to the hospital along with an ingredient list. , so the doctors have an idea of what they may dealing with..... along with malaria, and x, y or z virus, the cause of illness could also be as a result of what has been ingested.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
JGracious:
queen.snow, (fearless agbo user grin )I understand your point. Up till now, I wonder why we get secretive about names of herbs that works for a particular ailment. Personally,I would have loved that the names of the herbs are listed which makes it easy to do one's research. Please can you list the contents of the agbo since you got it from a reliable source and it worked excellently for you . I'll appreciate it.
Thank you.

cc.Benignasw.eety

grin grin grin

Good luck with the boldened.

It is a trade secret. Even KFC is still claiming to guard the colonel's secret blend.
If her supplier gives her the correct ingredient & quantity list, what is stopping her from making it herself.... business lost!

They will only give you the common ingredients like dongoyaro or moringa... the potent stuff? If you like tear pant! tongue nothing for you.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
Giddyperson:
lol but I can sha win trophy in constipation competition. That's cuz I don't like drinking water. Fortunately it seems like my baby does

Don't mind them.
They don't know that I knew you since were a bright and shining breathing girl.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:
On the agbo issue!

Just because our parents and grandparents gave us certain things does not mean they are the best.

20 yrs ago it was considered ok to build with abestos..... now it has been found that it causes a serious and irreversible respiratory disease... which is terminal. So will you say because your father built with abestos, you will go ahead and do the same?

Many of these herbs and sticks are not only boiled; they are steeped in locally brewed alchohol to extract the "essense". Do you know what % of alcohol is used, thr effects on infant developement? Or all the twigs/ plants that are used? Either local names or latin/ english equivalent.

your baby may have an allergy, and some can be quite severe enough to kill.

I know of cases of people who have died from everyday "normal" stuff, because of unknown allergens they were exposed, or one extra ingredients, or preparation methods gone wrong.

Some everyday plants can be poisonous if prepared wrongly or if the wrong part is used..... the humble cassava and irish potato are a good example....

As a parent you are reaponsible for your child's health. Do what you think is best.

If S#!+ happens, do not forget to take your bottle of agbo to the hospital along with an ingredient list. , so the doctors have an idea of what they may dealing with..... along with malaria, and x, y or z virus, the cause of illness could also be as a result of what has been ingested.

God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
As much as I would love to help I don't know what she used ooo have asked her but she wouldn't tell me grin
JGracious:
queensnow, (fearless agbo user grin )I understand your point. Up till now, I wonder why we get secretive about names of herbs that works for a particular ailment. Personally,I would have loved that the names of the herbs are listed which makes it easy to do one's research. Please can you list the contents of the agbo since you got it from a reliable source and it worked excellently for you. I'll appreciate it.
Thank you.

cc.Benignasweety
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
JGracious:
Thank you.

cc.Benignasweety
The roots plenty abeg, I only pinpoint edible camphor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
\
queensnow:
cheesy there's a particular country that bath all their newborn with agbo and give them to drink also with great benefit. I took agbo in pregnancy sef although am not a great fan, I can only take agbo frm my mil. Funny enough if someone rebrand agbo and says it's goo for colic thousands of mother will buy it even at high price. Gbomoro is made from herbs and it's been sold at big stores even shoprite sef, annoying part is most of dis nurses dat use don't give ur baby agbo as ringing tone use agbo for their new born in their home.

my Mil gave my baby d agbo and it relieves him from colic..funny enough we took this agbo when we re small..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2017
Just to add to what AlphaHandMaiden said, I studied biochemistry and my project focused on herbs and their effects on the body. I spent a lot of time with elewe omos (women who sell herbs) and what we did was buy the agbo for various ailments, test them on rats/rabbits and see the results. Some worked as advertised, most worked but had side effects such as spike in blood sugar and causing tumors while some did absolutely nothing (at least before we turned the rabbits to suya grin)
It's risky to give an infant any medication that has not been rigorously tested with proper dosage to drink. Maybe I can use it to bathe the child, but drink? No way

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
Abi oo..funny enough I don't buy ready made agbo bcus.i Don't the content and d preparation. am not a fan of anytin bitter grin but my mil make sure I take it and she prepared it herself she know about herbs a lot
Rhemy2013:
\

my Mil gave my baby d agbo and it relieves him from colic[b]..funny enough we took this agbo when we re small..[/b]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ammy5565:

He is 8months old. That particular boil dried up after using palm oil as other mamas suggested but I just notice two new ones. One on his arm and leg too,tho not big. Pls wat anti biotic can he take?Thanks

Thanks to other mamas that contributed. God bless.
Happy sunday

It's best you take him to a doctor (preferably) or a registered pharmacist.

It will be wrong for me to name a particular antibiotic (based on what a doctor has previously prescribed for my child) because there are different infant antibiotics for different ailments.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Just to add to what AlphaHandMaiden said, I studied biochemistry and my project focused on herbs and their effects on the body. I spent a lot of time with elewe omos (women who sell herbs) and what we did was buy the agbo for various ailments, test them on rats/rabbits and see the results. Some worked as advertised, most worked but had side effects such as spike in blood sugar and causing tumors while some did absolutely nothing (at least before we turned the rabbits to suya grin)
It's risky to give an infant any medication that has not been rigorously tested with proper dosage to drink. Maybe I can use it to bathe the child, but drink? No way

Very true my learned colleague. so u are a biochemist like me no wonder our babies are almost birthday mate. How did u survived those structure days in school grin? The lord was my strength oh

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
queenhecate:
I have a tip I want to share.

When your baby has cataarrh, I mean that thick one that blocks the nostrils, do this: be watchful for that time they will sneeze which is often and usually comes in twos or threes, when the sneeze is about to land grin, quickly use one finger to press down one nostril and see how all the nyamanyama gunk will ooze out of the other nostril leaving her airways clear. My mum taught me this.

I took it a step further and will carry the baby and tickle her nose with a cotton bud and wait for the sneeze. The mucus that will come out ehhhhh. No be small thing and me nko, I find it very satisfying cheesy grin grin

Try it and see

Modified: I want to add something. You wait until the sneeze hits halfway before closing one nostril. If you block it before it reach ground, the sneeze will just disappear. There is a knack to it grin grin

Thanks a Mill, it really works. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hehehe. My sister we thank the Lord oh. Was looking at my Stryer the other day and thanking God for deliverance from Organic Chemistry grin

How is our almost twin?

Chanbaby:

Very true my learned colleague. so u are a biochemist like me no wonder how babies are almost birthday mate. How did u survived those structure days in school grin? The lord was my strength oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.